• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0_r51]JAGUAR ONEPLUS 8T OFFICIAL V16 Updated January 5, 2022

Search This thread

Kamigouki

Dec 3, 2012
Thanks alot for the quick reply. I successfully flashed the lasest Nov 4th build. I was on Oxygen OS 11.0.1.2 KB05DA.
The ROM is great but I have 2 issues.
1. I cannot get the fingerprint to work. If I try to add a fingerprint it just lights on but does not register. I have searched the thread but seems like no one else is facing the problem. So I went back to 11.0.1.2 and download the lastest OTA (downloading now) install it then reflash Jaguar and see if it will work. I will give feedback.
2. The status bar clock is slightly cut off at the bottom (minor aesthetic proberm)
I'm also getting the cut-off clock and battery percentage. It looks like the navigation bar is too short.

anooragv

Jul 25, 2020
I'm also getting the cut-off clock and battery percentage. It looks like the navigation bar is too short.
Solution that worked for me was to go to Settings-Display-Disolay cutout-Cutout style set to small (attached )

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211202-185246_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20211202-185246_Chrome.png
    247.8 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: Rfdom

anooragv

Jul 25, 2020
Is there a way you can do call forwarding if you are using two SIM'S? cannot seem to find that option. Thanks

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
December 7: New Release V-15

1. December security patches
2. Android r50
3. FOD features are back
4. Nightlight and NightDisplay with picture adjustment and antiflicker are back
5. Double tap to wake is visible
6. Safetynet should pass (need to confirm)

Download in post #3.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
December 13. New Release V-15.1

1. Another attempt to fix Safetynet
2. Also fixes fingerprint enrollment on fresh install

Download in post #3.

Reactions: nujackk

gajoldeluxe

Dec 17, 2016
i got an error while trying to update:

Output at recovery:
"Instaling update....
Step 1/2
Error applying update: 7 (Error Code:: kInstallDeviceOpenError)
E:Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)"

Error at the PC:
"serving 'name of the image' (-47%) adb: failed to read command: No error

Recovery: I used the latest one, installed it via fastboot on both slots, without errors.
MD5 is Ok. Tryed on two different Computers. Tryed the 15.0 and the 15.1.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
i got an error while trying to update:

Output at recovery:
"Instaling update....
Step 1/2
Error applying update: 7 (Error Code:: kInstallDeviceOpenError)
E:Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)"

Error at the PC:
"serving 'name of the image' (-47%) adb: failed to read command: No error

Recovery: I used the latest one, installed it via fastboot on both slots, without errors.
MD5 is Ok. Tryed on two different Computers. Tryed the 15.0 and the 15.1.
Use this recovery: HERE

But I think you need to re-download the rom. Or you can use Lineage recovery. Or you can unpack payload bin and flash everything in fastboot.

Reactions: gajoldeluxe

WaxysDargle

Jul 17, 2012
Use this recovery: HERE

But I think you need to re-download the rom. Or you can use Lineage recovery. Or you can unpack payload bin and flash everything in fastboot.
i'm getting the same error. was coming from carbon rom.

couldn't get it to work, so restored stock with MSM tool. still couldn't install it.

flashed lineage os without issue. tried installing jaguar again. failed again.

tried installing in fastbootd after extracting payload. everything flashed fine except for system: "FAILED (remote: 'Not enough space to resize partition')"

not sure what else to try?

EDIT: tried lineage recovery and it installed. issue is with jaguar recovery. thanks for this awesome rom!

Last edited:

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
I just installed Jaguar and also had the same issue with Jaguar recovery. Seems there's a signature verification issue (among another). With the Lineage recovery one gets prompted to ignore the issue and continue on. I don't thing the jaguar recovery does that. Either way, all good and finally I got away from OEM stock.

WaxysDargle

Jul 17, 2012
looks like PIN is prompted for twice whenever ambient display is on, and you have to enter PIN twice to unlock phone. anyone else?

cabegol78

Nov 13, 2021
I'm not being able to download the latest version...there seems to be no available mirrors to download from. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    January 5, 2022. New release V-16

1. January security patches
    2. Android r51
    3. NightDisplay crash fixed
    4. OpenCamera HDR etc. crashes fixed

Download in post #3.
    This ROM sleeps like no other. 4-5 days easy on one charge. Been daily driving this for weeks now. Loving it.
    LOL. I have to let go of the old ways.

I think I may have found what kept the phone awake but I'll have to reproduce the setup. This last 10 hour idle period had almost no drain. Deep sleep like a baby.
    BBS still running just so i could check the summary. 😏
    This ROM sleeps like no other. 4-5 days easy on one charge. Been daily driving this for weeks now. Loving it.
    Loving this rom! So far everything is running great.
    How much i've to donate to get locked bootloader version? There's an tutorial how to install in locked bootloaders after the donate?
    XDA does not allow paid services, per the XDA Forum Rules:
    11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
    • Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and to offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar / substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
    • Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software or commercial services, unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
    • Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
    • Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
    • Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if both of the following conditions are met:
      A) The site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership, who actively maintains an XDA-Developers support thread(s) / posts, related to the download.
      B) The site is a relatively small, personal website without commercial advertising / links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)
    13. Advertising and Income Generation

Commercial advertising, advertising referral links, pay-per-click links, all forms of crypto-mining and other income generating methods are forbidden. Do not use XDA-Developers as a means to make money.

Therefore, any donations you make must be specifically as a good faith intention of support to a developer. Many developers here work on their own time, so donations may help support their efforts towards a particular issue. That being said, there is a distinction between donations made purely as charity, and payments for a particular product or service, which again is prohibited on XDA.

What this means is that you can support the developer, but making a donation is no guarantee of a solution.

I hope this clarifies things.
    This is official build of Jaguar Rom.

I have been building Android roms since 2012 for various devices including multiple Sonys, Lenovo Zuk, Oneplus 3, Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 6. You can check my Oneplus 6 or
    Oneplus 6T or Oneplus 8 threads and browse my profile.

Jaguar rom is focused on hardening of AndroidOS and kernel. As such, the rom has hardened bionic, art, framework and tightened security.

1 Rom control with custom Power options, Statusbar, Buttons, Navbar, Quicksettings, Lockscreen, Notifications, Gestures, Themes etc...

2. Heavily modified Art, Bionic System/Vold and System/Security

3. Telephony response to Type Zero sms ('silently acknowledged') disabled

4. Toggle to disable Captive Portal logging.

5. Speakerphone proximity sensor toggle - could be set to automatically switch to speaker when not at the ear

6. IMEI and phone numbers hidden in About menu

7. Built-in encrypted DNS providers, such as: Cloudflare (US); LibreDns (Germany); AdguardDns (Cyprus); and PowerDns (Netherlands)

8. Wakelock and Alarmblocker

9. Fully working Call recording with the button visible in Dialer

10. A choice between the latest Bromite and Vanadium webview

11. Deskclock app modified to work with PowerOn alarm. The app will boot the phone 2 minutes before scheduled time to trigger the alarm on time

12. Default Dark mode

13. All regular customizations plus. You tell me which feature is missing.

14. Prebuilt Magisk 23. You don't have to flash it, just install the attached Magisk.apk.

Bugs: AOD working, but no info shown on lockscreen (works fine on other Onepluses)

Install instructions:

If this is your first time coming from stock to a custom rom, you MUST have Android 11 stock in both slots. So, either have a few stock updates over the air (to populate the second slot) or flash stock rom with TWRP

1. Install Jaguar recovery via fastboot: reboot in fastboot and execute the following commands on your connected PC terminal:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_a recovery.img
    fastboot flash recovery_b recovery img

2. Download the rom on your PC. Boot the phone into recovery, set recovery for sideloading, then type on your PC terminal (which should be opened in the same directory where you had downloaded the rom):
    Code:
    adb sideload 'name of the rom'

3. Factory reset and reboot. You are done. If you want root, DO NOT FLASH MAGISK ZIP, just install Magisk manager (apk) as a normal app.

PICO Gapps has been tested successfully with this rom.

All downloads are in post #3

XDA:DevDB Information
    JAGUAR R, ROM for the OnePlus 8T

Contributors

optimumpro

Kernel Source Code: HERE

ROM OS Version:
    11.x R
    ROM Kernel:
    Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required:
    no lower than Android 11
    Based On: AOSP/Lineage/DirtyUnicorn/Crdroid

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: See post #3
    Stable Release Date:
    2021-01-26

Created: 2021-10-05
    Updated: 2022-01-05

Credit: AOSP, Lineage, DU, Crdroid, GrapheneOS, CalyxOS Bromite webview
    The rom could be used on locked bootloader (donate feature) with or without Gapps.

The benefits of LOCKED BOOTLOADER combined with WORKING AVB-2 protection are:

Get back your DRM L1 certificate. Most banking apps will work regardless of Magisk.

Security: Nobody and nothing can modify Kernel, Recovery and Virtual Partitions without triggering a red screen of death with the message 'your device is corrupted and cannot boot'.

At that point, the only option is to unlock bootloader. But, if a user had previously disabled OEM unlock in Developer settings, then unlocking becomes unavailable, and so does flashing via fastboot. In other words, if your phone gets into the hands of an adversary, their only option is to use MSM tool to make the phone work again, but no access to your data or any other partition.

Why prebuilt Magisk? Because you can't modify kernel or recovery on locked bootloader post installation, and that's exactly what Magisk does.

See attached som screenshots:
    November 4, New release V-14

1. November security patches
    2. Android r49
    3. Updated vendor blobs
    4. Ambient display sensor fixed
    5. Snap camera replaced with Open Camera

Download in post #3.
    December 7: New Release V-15

1. December security patches
    2. Android r50
    3. FOD features are back
    4. Nightlight and NightDisplay with picture adjustment and antiflicker are back
    5. Double tap to wake is visible
    6. Safetynet should pass (need to confirm)

Download in post #3.
    October 16. Updated release:

1. Removes the leftovers of Livedisplay that was suppressing AOSP implementation
    2. Face unlock fully working.

Download in post #3.