The last version download keeps failing on the half way :|
There's a mirror to them?

---EDIT: ----

I already downloaded!

Last edited:

brashmadcap

May 22, 2010
Texas
Has anyone gotten safetynet to work? If so, how? Have bootloader locked— built in magisk, hide is enabled, got magiskhide props module, wondering if there’s another module/trick instead?

Thanks

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
Has anyone gotten safetynet to work? If so, how? Have bootloader locked— built in magisk, hide is enabled, got magiskhide props module, wondering if there’s another module/trick instead?

Thanks
I think bromite webview maybe the culprit, so, in the next release I will replace it with a regular one.

Also, in Magisk hide, have you selected individual apps to hide, like playstore etc.?

brashmadcap

May 22, 2010
Texas
I think bromite webview maybe the culprit, so, in the next release I will replace it with a regular one.

Also, in Magisk hide, have you selected individual apps to hide, like playstore etc.?
Tried it with and without items selected, different fingerprints, etc. no dice

Out of curiosity, with bootloader locked, would upgrading Magisk break everything?

Thanks

Reactions: efx7n

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
Tried it with and without items selected, different fingerprints, etc. no dice

Out of curiosity, with bootloader locked, would upgrading Magisk break everything?

Thanks
You can upgrade Magisk manager, but not Magisk.

So, you can wait for the next release with regular webview or you can unlock bootloader and try newer Magisk to see, if it resolves Safetynet issue. If it does, I can incorporate the latest Magisk into the rom.

By the way, which Magisk version do you want to upgrade to?

Reactions: efx7n

brashmadcap

May 22, 2010
Texas
Yep that’s the one I tried
You can upgrade Magisk manager, but not Magisk.

So, you can wait for the next release with regular webview or you can unlock bootloader and try newer Magisk to see, if it resolves Safetynet issue. If it does, I can incorporate the latest Magisk into the rom.

By the way, which Magisk version do you want to upgrade to?
Don’t necessarily need or want to upgrade, that said, going to 24.1 might provide some flexibility with Zygisk

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
Updated to Magisk 24.1, both app and Magisk, with locked bootloader, no problem with the upgrade, running zygisk, safetynet still not passing

Hope this helps

Also clock still partially cut off

Thanks
Go to Settings/Display/Display cutout. Enable small cutout style, then set stock cutout statusbar height to 'small'. Then back to cutout style and set it back to normal.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
February 8. New release, V-17

1. February security patches
2. Android r52
3. Regular webview, as opposed to bromite (which might help Safetynet passing)
4. Toggle to hide statusbar clock when launcher is active
5. New recovery that fixes 'not enough space' issues with some Gapps

Download in post #3.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
March 8, New release, V-18

1. March security patches
2. Android r53
3. User build
4. Updated kernel
5. Options to choose between Bromite and Vanadium webivew
6. Optional torch flashing on incoming calls
7. Night display renamed into Display calibration

Download in post #3.

XxXBaRrXxX

Oct 18, 2021
Been using the build you posted back in October or so and everything has been pretty good. Last night decided to finally update and it been a disaster. I have the rom running but not much else. I cant install gapps because of insufficient storage. I have tried every Pico Gapp there is and every single one says insufficient space. I never had this issue with the old version of the rom. I cant get root . After installing Magisk manager it wants me to select and patch a file to install magisk. Due to root not working I cant restore my backup from titanium. Very frustrated and could use some help.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
Been using the build you posted back in October or so and everything has been pretty good. Last night decided to finally update and it been a disaster. I have the rom running but not much else. I cant install gapps because of insufficient storage. I have tried every Pico Gapp there is and every single one says insufficient space. I never had this issue with the old version of the rom. I cant get root . After installing Magisk manager it wants me to select and patch a file to install magisk. Due to root not working I cant restore my backup from titanium. Very frustrated and could use some help.
That's because you don't read. There is now the full version of the rom, so, you don't need to flash gapps.

Edit: preroot has been removed, so, if you want root, flash Magisk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So is there anything I can do to install the rom? I just hate OOS at this point
    Easy: downgrade to OOS-11 either via MSM tool with one subsequent install with TWRP or use TWRP to install OOS-11, boot once, then reinstall TWRP and flash OOS-11 again. You have to do it once only.
    May 3. New release

1. Wakelock blockers in kernel
    2. Jaguar version is now displayed in About phone
    3. Choice for temperature units F/C for lockscreen battery info
    4. A bunch of other under the hood improvements

Download in post #3.
    Hi, OP. Your ROM is great.

I just have two questions if you do not mind.

Firstly, I'm not sure if this is a feature or an issue. When the phone I resting on a table and I pick it up to turn on the screen, it takes a while to wake the screen up (it doesn't matter if I press the power button or DT the screen to wake). Is there something I can do to speed it up?

Also, is there a way to get an OPO's camera app on this ROM by any chance?

Thx in advance
    Disable all sensor based toggles in Rom control/Notifications, and use the ones for the 8 series in Settings/Display/Lockscreen/Ambient display
    If you read there, it says those are for devices that don't have their own Ambient display implementation.
    Thank you for that. I didn't realize that there was one toggle turned on.
    What about the OPO camera? Is it doable? Does it even make sense including something like that?
    Not for me. 40m mode never works, half of other modes crash. Application is bloated and requires a bunch of closed source additions.
    @optimumpro
    So probably a dumb question. It says not to flash magisk zip, so do I need to patch the boot image to root? I installed the apk

Thanks
    Magisk is not prebuilt anymore, 23 doesn't work with Safetynet. 24.3 does, but it can't be prebuilt. So, you need to flash 24.3 or patch kernel with 24.3 manager.
    TELEGRAM CHANNEL ADDED: HERE
    TELEGRAM CHAT GROUP: HERE

VERSION 19 FIXES SAFETYNET ISSUES WHEN USING MAGISK 24.3
    See complete instructions Here

You can actually use alarm when the phone is shut down. It would boot 2 minutes prior to scheduled time and trigger the alarm on time

This is official build of Jaguar Rom.

I have been building Android roms since 2012 for various devices including multiple Sonys, Lenovo Zuk, Oneplus 3, Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 6. You can check my Oneplus 6 or
    Oneplus 6T or Oneplus 8 threads and browse my profile.

Jaguar rom is focused on hardening of AndroidOS and kernel. As such, the rom has hardened bionic, art, framework and tightened security.

1 Rom control with custom Power options, Statusbar, Buttons, Navbar, Quicksettings, Lockscreen, Notifications, Gestures, Themes etc...

2. Heavily modified Art, Bionic System/Vold and System/Security

3. Telephony response to Type Zero sms ('silently acknowledged') disabled

4. Toggle to disable Captive Portal logging.

5. Speakerphone proximity sensor toggle - could be set to automatically switch to speaker when not at the ear

6. IMEI and phone numbers hidden in About menu

7. Built-in encrypted DNS providers, such as: Cloudflare (US); LibreDns (Germany); AdguardDns (Cyprus); and PowerDns (Netherlands)

8. Wakelock and Alarmblocker

9. Fully working Call recording with the button visible in Dialer

10. A choice between the latest Bromite and Vanadium webview

11. Deskclock app modified to work with PowerOn alarm. The app will boot the phone 2 minutes before scheduled time to trigger the alarm on time

12. Default Dark mode

13. All regular customizations plus. You tell me which feature is missing.

14. Prebuilt Magisk 23. You don't have to flash it, just install the attached Magisk.apk.

Bugs: AOD working, but no info shown on lockscreen (works fine on other Onepluses)

Install instructions:

If this is your first time coming from stock to a custom rom, you MUST have Android 11 stock in both slots. So, either have a few stock updates over the air (to populate the second slot) or flash stock rom with TWRP

1. Install Jaguar recovery via fastboot: reboot in fastboot and execute the following commands on your connected PC terminal:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_a recovery.img
    fastboot flash recovery_b recovery img

2. Download the rom on your PC. Boot the phone into recovery, set recovery for sideloading, then type on your PC terminal (which should be opened in the same directory where you had downloaded the rom):
    Code:
    adb sideload 'name of the rom'

3. Factory reset and reboot. You are done. If you want root, DO NOT FLASH MAGISK ZIP, just install Magisk manager (apk) as a normal app.

PICO Gapps has been tested successfully with this rom.

All downloads are in post #3

XDA:DevDB Information
    JAGUAR R, ROM for the OnePlus 8T

Contributors

optimumpro

Kernel Source Code: HERE

ROM OS Version:
    11.x R
    ROM Kernel:
    Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required:
    no lower than Android 11
    Based On: AOSP/Lineage/DirtyUnicorn/Crdroid

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: See post #3
    Stable Release Date:
    2021-01-26

Created: 2021-10-05
    Updated: 2022-05-11

Credit: AOSP, Lineage, DU, Crdroid, GrapheneOS, CalyxOS Bromite webview
    The rom could be used on locked bootloader (donate feature) with or without Gapps.

The benefits of LOCKED BOOTLOADER combined with WORKING AVB-2 protection are:

Get back your DRM L1 certificate. Most banking apps will work regardless of Magisk.

Security: Nobody and nothing can modify Kernel, Recovery and Virtual Partitions without triggering a red screen of death with the message 'your device is corrupted and cannot boot'.

At that point, the only option is to unlock bootloader. But, if a user had previously disabled OEM unlock in Developer settings, then unlocking becomes unavailable, and so does flashing via fastboot. In other words, if your phone gets into the hands of an adversary, their only option is to use MSM tool to make the phone work again, but no access to your data or any other partition.

Why prebuilt Magisk? Because you can't modify kernel or recovery on locked bootloader post installation, and that's exactly what Magisk does.

See attached som screenshots:
    November 4, New release V-14

1. November security patches
    2. Android r49
    3. Updated vendor blobs
    4. Ambient display sensor fixed
    5. Snap camera replaced with Open Camera

Download in post #3.
    December 7: New Release V-15

1. December security patches
    2. Android r50
    3. FOD features are back
    4. Nightlight and NightDisplay with picture adjustment and antiflicker are back
    5. Double tap to wake is visible
    6. Safetynet should pass (need to confirm)

Download in post #3.
    October 16. Updated release:

1. Removes the leftovers of Livedisplay that was suppressing AOSP implementation
    2. Face unlock fully working.

Download in post #3.