[ROM][11.0_r56]JAGUAR ONEPLUS 8 OFFICIAL V21 Updated June 7, 2022

Search This thread

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
Hello,

I have msm my phone and I have your recovery now. How do I flash the Oxygen Rom on both slots using your recovery? Or do I have to use Twrp and go back to your recovery.

Can you give detailed instructions because I am new at this, but I'd really like to use your Rom.
Lineage type recoveries cannot flash OOS. So, after MSM, unlock bootloader and boot official TWRP from fastboot: Open PC terminal in the directory you put TWRP image, connect the phone in fastboot mode and execute:

'fastboot boot "recovery name" (without quotes).

You'll boot into TWRP and then flash OOS-11 the second time. After that follow instructions, i.e., flash my recovery and sideload the rom. Pick either vanilla or full (with Gapps) version. After flashing Jaguar don't forget to do a factory reset. Otherwise, you won't boot.

Libraplum76

Lineage type recoveries cannot flash OOS. So, after MSM, unlock bootloader and boot official TWRP from fastboot: Open PC terminal in the directory you put TWRP image, connect the phone in fastboot mode and execute:

'fastboot boot "recovery name" (without quotes).

You'll boot into TWRP and then flash OOS-11 the second time. After that follow instructions, i.e., flash my recovery and sideload the rom. Pick either vanilla or full (with Gapps) version. After flashing Jaguar don't forget to do a factory reset. Otherwise, you won't boot.
Thank you.

So is this the same process when updating your Rom for the future? I am only asking because I never want to lose data, or is there another process to updating your Rom to prevent data loss. Detailed information is truly appreciated.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
Thank you.

So is this the same process when updating your Rom for the future? I am only asking because I never want to lose data, or is there another process to updating your Rom to prevent data loss. Detailed information is truly appreciated.
No. You format data only when changing roms. Since you already have OOS-11, even when changing to another custom rom, 11 or 12, you won't need to use MSM, because you already have OOS11 firmware in both slots.

So, when updating Jaguar, you just sideload/flash the update without wiping data, i.e., all your settings will survive.

cjvzla

Apr 25, 2011
OnePlus 8
You need to downgrade to OOS11 in both slots. MSM tool does one slot only. So, flash OOS11 twice (with reboot in between). You can flash recovery once only.

The adb sideload is done in recovery, not fastbootd. This only applies to lineage type recovery. TWRP can flash the rom directly.
so I can't flash twrp and flash official OOS11? do I have to use the msm tool? or alternatively, follow the official oneplus steps to downgrade? I have already downloaded official OOS11 just in case of this.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
so I can't flash twrp and flash official OOS11? do I have to use the msm tool? or alternatively, follow the official oneplus steps to downgrade? I have already downloaded official OOS11 just in case of this.
There are 2 ways:

1. Use MSM tool to downgrade to OOS-11; unlock bootloader; boot (or flash) TWRP and flash OOS-11 the second time.

2. Don't use MSM tool at all, instead: boot TWRP and flash OOS-11. Boot once in system; then go to fastboot and boot TWRP (because OOS-11 installs its own recovery); flash OOS-11 the second time.

cjvzla

Apr 25, 2011
OnePlus 8
There are 2 ways:

1. Use MSM tool to downgrade to OOS-11; unlock bootloader; boot (or flash) TWRP and flash OOS-11 the second time.

2. Don't use MSM tool at all, instead: boot TWRP and flash OOS-11. Boot once in system; then go to fastboot and boot TWRP (because OOS-11 installs its own recovery); flash OOS-11 the second time.
thanks for the replies I really appreciate it, but what exactly you mean to flash oos11 and boot in system? correct me if I'm wrong please:

boot official TWRP and flash official OOS11
boot that OOS11 rom I just flashed ( go through all set up process since it will wipe everything?)
boot TWRP again and flash the official OOS11 again?

what are the differences flashing it twice? what do I select when flashing the first time and the second time?

it's been a while since I installed roms on android I use to do it all the time. sorry for so many questions.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
thanks for the replies I really appreciate it, but what exactly you mean to flash oos11 and boot in system? correct me if I'm wrong please:

boot official TWRP and flash official OOS11
boot that OOS11 rom I just flashed ( go through all set up process since it will wipe everything?)
boot TWRP again and flash the official OOS11 again?

what are the differences flashing it twice? what do I select when flashing the first time and the second time?

it's been a while since I installed roms on android I use to do it all the time. sorry for so many questions.
Read about A/B system. You basically have 2 sets (slots) of partitions, except for data, which is shared. It's called 'seamless update'. Initial rom is flashed on one slot, the next time, it will automatically go to another one. Then the next update will go to the first one (again) and so on. This is done so that if something goes wrong with the update, you can still boot the older version.

So, when you do MSM, the rom goes into one slot only, let's say slot A. Once you boot into recovery and flash OOS again, this time it will go to slot B.

Keep in mind that roms always go to another slot, but addons (like Magisk) go to the existing slot. So, if after flashing the rom, you want Magisk or Gapps, you need to reboot to recovery to change to a new slot. Again, this is done automatically.

cjvzla

Apr 25, 2011
OnePlus 8
Read about A/B system. You basically have 2 sets (slots) of partitions, except for data, which is shared. It's called 'seamless update'. Initial rom is flashed on one slot, the next time, it will automatically go to another one. Then the next update will go to the first one and on. This is done so that if something goes wrong with the update, you can still boot the older version.

So, when you do MSM, the rom goes into one slot only, let's say slot A. Once you boot into recovery and flash OOS again, this time it will go to slot B.

Keep in mind that roms always go to another slot, but addons (like Magisk) go to the existing slot. So, if after flashing the rom, you want Magisk or Gapps, you need to reboot to recovery to change to a new slot. Again, this is done automatically.
thanks for the explainer! so the last OOS11 official release will work for this right? flash it twice, then I'm good to flash Jaguar or any other Android 11 custom rom? thanks

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
thanks for the explainer! so the last OOS11 official release will work for this right? flash it twice, then I'm good to flash Jaguar or any other Android 11 custom rom? thanks
Yes. Just reboot between flashes, if not using MSM. Otherwise, if you don't reboot, the rom will go to the same slot. Let's put it this way: after MSM, the rom is in slot A, which is your active slot. When you flash the rom again with recovery, it will go to slot B, which on reboot becomes your new Active slot. Roms always go into Inactive slot, addons always go into your Active one.

cjvzla

Apr 25, 2011
OnePlus 8
Yes. Just reboot between flashes, if not using MSM. Otherwise, if you don't reboot, the rom will go to the same slot. Let's put it this way: after MSM, the rom is in slot A, which is your active slot. When you flash the rom again with recovery, it will go to slot B, which on reboot becomes your new Active slot. Roms always go into Inactive slot, addons always go into your Active one.
thanks!, and if I want to flash Android 12 roms do I still need to downgrade? or flashing the rom twice will be enough?

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
thanks!, and if I want to flash Android 12 roms do I still need to downgrade? or flashing the rom twice will be enough?
You only need to flash twice when coming from a stock rom. The difference between stock and custom roms is that custom roms don't touch firmware partitions. OOS includes everything. So, when returning to OOS-12, just flash it either with TWRP or MSM.

Custom Android 12 roms run on OOS-11 firmware, so, when switching between custom roms you don't need to flash OOS, just do a factory reset to erase data partition..

scorpio76r

Jan 10, 2016
All over like street lights
Check Safetynet CTS.
I can confirm that latest magisk 24.3 works when enabling zygisk but, for some reason I cannot get it to install 23.0 . I'm currently wondering if everyone is just using latest magisk right now and, not the 23.0? also if everyone is, how do you check safety net in it. Unless I overlooked something, I didn't see a safety net check option like what's found in 23.0

Reactions: Libraplum76

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
I can confirm that latest magisk 24.3 works when enabling zygisk but, for some reason I cannot get it to install 23.0 . I'm currently wondering if everyone is just using latest magisk right now and, not the 23.0? also if everyone is, how do you check safety net in it. Unless I overlooked something, I didn't see a safety net check option like what's found in 23.0
There are various apps on the market that can check Safetynet... .

scorpio76r

Jan 10, 2016

Attachments

• IMG_20220407_135112.jpg
    IMG_20220407_135112.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26

scorpio76r

Jan 10, 2016
I just got it to install. Im going to see if safety net passes in a few minutes. I was just persistent about getting 23.0 😁
Magisk 23.0 could not pass safety net for me. I did get it to pass on the latest magisk though with the help of a few modules, termux from the play store.

Attachments

• IMG_20220407_150401.jpg
    IMG_20220407_150401.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20220407_150426.jpg
    IMG_20220407_150426.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 80
Reactions: optimumpro

scorpio76r

Jan 10, 2016
Good. Why don't you share exactly what you did to

Good. Why don't you share exactly what you did to pass Safetynet.
I will explain soon. What I'm doing now is working on another device to see if I can achieve the same without losing data. I msm'd and started from scratch out of frustration with not being able to get magisk 23.0 to work correctly. If I can achieve the same on this other device it will save people some work and they will have great results without data loss. I will be back in a few...

scorpio76r

Jan 10, 2016
Ok, mission accomplished on second device with no data loss😁. Here's what I did:
I downloaded the latest 24.3 Magisk zip on the one plus 8. Next, I downloaded the TWRP-3.6.1_11-0-instantnoodle image and put it inside the adb folder on my windows 10 pc. Next, I rebooted the phone into fast boot mode. After plugging the phone to the pc I opened up PowerShell in the adb folder ( fastboot devices) Saw the serial number then typed the next command (fastboot boot, then dragged the image and hit enter. Once phone booted into twrp I flashed the latest magisk that I downloaded to the phone earlier. Then I rebooted system. Next I went online from the phone to grab the 24.3 apk. downloaded and installed.After installing , I opened it , went into the settings and ticked zygisk beta . I also hid the magisk app and,ticked enforce deny list. Next I went back online from the phone and found and,installed safety net universal fix version 2.2.1 via magisk. Next, I went back online to find magisk hide props 6.1.2 zip which I also installed via magisk.lastly I downloaded termux from the play store. Once I opened termux type:su then props then 1, then f, then 21,then 35, then 2,then y,then y. Reboot . Hopefully you this works for everyone. It worked for me on two one plus 8's. I used Root and SafetyNet Checker( it has a Pink Pound sign picture) from the play store to verify.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does the ROM support Magisk 25+? I flashed the latest version and installed Magisk 24.3, but it says Magisk not installed rather than already activated like the post said. I extracted boot.img, patched and flashed back, it says Magisk and Zygisk enabled, but LSPosed Zygisk module is not working. Installing Magisk 25.0 or above will cause the Magisk app to just hang at splash screen. Not sure what I did wrong...
    Flashing magisk 24.3 via twrp worked for me. Just saying
    June 7. New release V-21:

1. June security patches
    2. Android r56
    3. Automatic sleep/suspend mode (scheduled by a user) in Settings/Battery
    4. 'Internet permission missing' issue with several apps fixed. Now, all apps including Googleplay, as well as third party apps, have no problems connecting to the internet (no F/C)

Download in post #3.
    are you planning to move to oos12 anytime soon sir?
    Name one Android 12 rom that doesn't have at least one problem listed below:

Reboots, black screen, UI freezing, lack of Volte (in many countries there is no longer 3G coverage), low call/mike/speaker volumes, overheating, faulty scrolling, lack of features (compared to 11), buggy proximity sensor, buggy automatic brightness.

Android 12 is a fluke with a slightly updated UI.
    May 29. New release V-20.2

1. Captive portal now On/Off
    2. Addressed some apps crashing with message "missing Internet permission'
    3. HBM fixed, now fully working (Auto HBM is recommended with trigger set to 50000 lux in Oneplus Settings)
    4. One shot auto-brightness
    5. In-call volume increased for Speaker and Headset

Download in post #3.
    Thank you for this update. I have been able to see my phone screen now while outdoors in sunny areas. 👍
    Does the ROM support Magisk 25+? I flashed the latest version and installed Magisk 24.3, but it says Magisk not installed rather than already activated like the post said. I extracted boot.img, patched and flashed back, it says Magisk and Zygisk enabled, but LSPosed Zygisk module is not working. Installing Magisk 25.0 or above will cause the Magisk app to just hang at splash screen. Not sure what I did wrong...
    TELEGRAM CHANNEL ADDED: HERE
    TELEGRAM CHAT GROUP: HERE

VERSION 19 FIXES SAFETYNET PASSING (WITH MAGISK 24.3)
    See detailed instructions here

You can actually use alarm when the phone is OFF. It would boot 2 minutes before and trigger the alarm on time

This is official build of Jaguar Rom.

I have been building Android roms since 2012 for various devices including multiple Sonys, Lenovo Zuk, Oneplus 3, Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 6. You can check my Oneplus 6 or
    Oneplus 6T threads and browse my profile.

Jaguar rom is focused on hardening of AndroidOS and kernel. As such, the rom has hardened bionic, art, framework and tightened security.

1 Rom control with custom Power options, Statusbar, Buttons, Navbar, Quicksettings, Lockscreen, Notifications, Gestures, Themes etc...

2. Heavily modified Art, Bionic System/Vold and System/Security

3. Telephony response to Type Zero sms ('silently acknowledged') disabled

4. Toggle to disable Captive Portal logging.

5. Speakerphone proximity sensor toggle - could be set to automatically switch to speaker when not at the ear

6. IMEI and phone numbers hidden in About menu

7. Built-in encrypted DNS providers, such as: Cloudflare (US); LibreDns (Germany); AdguardDns (Cyprus); and PowerDns (Netherlands)

8. Wakelock and Alarmblocker

9. Fully working Call recording with the button visible in Dialer

10. A choice between the latest Bromite and Vanadium webview

11. Deskclock app modified to work with PowerOn alarm. The app will boot the phone 2 minutes before scheduled time to trigger the alarm on time

12. Default Dark mode

13. All regular customizations plus. You tell me which feature is missing.

14. Prebuilt Magisk 23. You don't have to flash it, just install the attached Magisk.apk.

Bugs: AOD working, but no info shown on lockscreen (works fine on other Onepluses)

Install instructions

1. Install Jaguar recovery via fastboot: reboot in fastboot and execute the following commands on your connected PC terminal:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_a recovery.img
    fastboot flash recovery_b recovery.img

2. Download the rom to your PC. Boot the phone into recovery, set recovery for sideloading, then type on your PC terminal (which should be opened in the same directory where you had downloaded the rom):
    Code:
    adb sideload 'name of the rom'

3. Factory reset and reboot. You are done. If you want root, just install Magisk manager (apk) as a normal app.

PICO Gapps has been tested successfully with this rom.

All downloads are in post #3.

All subsequent releases will be in post #3

XDA:DevDB Information
    JAGUAR R, ROM for the OnePlus 8

Contributors

optimumpro

Kernel Source Code: HERE

ROM OS Version:
    11.x R
    ROM Kernel:
    Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required:
    no lower than Android 11
    Based On: AOSP/Lineage/DirtyUnicorn/Crdroid

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: See post #3
    Stable Release Date:
    2021-01-26

Created: 2021-09-29
    Updated: 2022-06-07

Credit: AOSP, Lineage, DU, Crdroid, GrapheneOS, CalyxOS Bromite webview
    The rom could be used on locked bootloader (donate feature) with or without Gapps.

The benefits of LOCKED BOOTLOADER combined with WORKING AVB-2 protection are:

Get your DRM L1 certificate back. Most banking apps (if not all) will work with or without Magisk: you cimply get a warning 'your devices is rooted', but you can proceed to login

Security: Nobody and nothing can modify Kernel, Recovery and Virtual Partitions without triggering a red screen of death with the message 'your device is corrupted and cannot boot'.

At that point, the only option is to unlock bootloader. But, if a user had previously disabled OEM unlock in Developer settings, then unlocking becomes unavailable, and so does flashing via fastboot. In other words, if your phone gets into the hands of an adversary, their only option is to use MSM tool to make the phone work again, but no access to your data or any other partition.

Why prebuilt Magisk? Because you can't modify kernel or recovery on locked bootloader post installation, and that's exactly what Magisk does.

Also, see some screenshots attached:
    November 3, New release V-14

1. November security patches
    2. Android r49
    3. Updated vendor blobs
    4. Ambient display sensor fixed
    5. Snap camera replaced with Open Camera

Download in post #3.

P.S. To those who complained they couldn't find 'double tap to wake' toggle:

Earlier, I posted a screenshot of my Oneplus 8 (not 8 Pro or T) that clearly showed the feature. Moreover, just to make sure, I did a clean flash of the latest release, and the feature appears in Settings/Display between 'Lockscreen' and 'Wake on plug'.

So, if you still have a 'no show', that's not the rom, but addon(s) you've installed. Or, you used TWRP to restore data (TWRP is utterly incapable of restoring data without corruption) or a version of Gapps or Xposed or Magisk addons: you should know better which one... .
    October 20. New release

1. Built from scratch in a separate environment from other devices to get rid of conflicts.

2. Clean-flashed on my own Oneplus 8: everything seems to be working

Download in post #3.
    March 23. New release.

1. From now on there will be 2 versions of the rom Full and Vanilla
    2. Updated kernel, which includes Spectre 2 implementations
    3. Updated icons for Display calibration

Download in post #3.