[ROM][11.0_r56]JAGUAR ONEPLUS 8T OFFICIAL V21 Updated June 7, 2022

Search This thread

branja6

Apr 16, 2017
Kula
Disable all sensor based toggles in Rom control/Notifications, and use the ones for the 8 series in Settings/Display/Lockscreen/Ambient display
If you read there, it says those are for devices that don't have their own Ambient display implementation.
Hmmm...I've turned off all the toggles in Rom control/Notifications and it seems that it's still happening. Could I share a log or something? How?

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
Hmmm...I've turned off all the toggles in Rom control/Notifications and it seems that it's still happening. Could I share a log or something? How?
You could try to submit a log, but this is what I have:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220509-125117_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220509-125117_Settings.png
    183.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20220509-125110_Advanced_settings.png
    Screenshot_20220509-125110_Advanced_settings.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 63
  • screen-20220509-125559.mp4
    9.5 MB · Views: 0

JedidroidX

Jan 30, 2015
Does anyone know if unlocked bootloader warning screen disappears when locking boot loader on 8T?
On Jaguar of course!

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
May 11. New release V-20.1

1. Redone adaptive brightness
2. Call recording (bug introduced in V-20) fixed
3. Captive portal: added 3 options Standard (Google), Alternative and Disabled; and moved to Settings/Network
4. Fingerprint icons and colors made more transparent, so, now fingerpint works flawlessly.

Download in post #3.

Reactions: hightech316

Ramme

Dec 19, 2017
OnePlus 8T
Hello, I've been following this topic for quite some time, but haven't gotten around to trying out this Rom yet. I like to look in advance videos of a Rom regarding the structure and operation, etc., but unfortunately there are no videos of the Jaguar Rom. Is it possible that someone shows a little the Rom and post the video here? That would be great.
I see in any case that the Rom creator stands's endeavor to update the Rom and keep free of errors.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
May 29. New release V-20.2

1. Captive portal now On/Off
2. Addressed some apps crashing with message "missing Internet permission'
3. HBM fixed, now fully working (Auto HBM is recommended with trigger set to 50000 lux in Oneplus Settings)
4. One shot auto-brightness
5. In-call volume increased for Speaker and Headset

Download in post #3.

Reactions: Cats_PJs and Rfdom

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
June 7. New release V-21:

1. June security patches
2. Android r56
3. Automatic sleep/suspend mode (scheduled by user) in Settings/Battery
4. 'Internet permission missing' issue with several apps fixed. Now, all apps including Googleplay, as well as third party apps, have no problems connecting to the internet (no F/C)

Download in post #3.

Tintin62

Aug 1, 2020
I just installed Jaguar (clean flash) and I have a problem with the fingerprint reader.
Impossible to register a fingerprint to unlock the phone, the screen produces like a flashing each time I press it and does not register the fingerprint.. Not a big problem for me but is the problem known?

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
I just installed Jaguar (clean flash) and I have a problem with the fingerprint reader.
Impossible to register a fingerprint to unlock the phone, the screen produces like a flashing each time I press it and does not register the fingerprint.. Not a big problem for me but is the problem known?
Reboot the phone, unlock with pin, then press power button to put the phone to sleep, power button again to wake. After that, enroll fingerprint.

torhect

Nov 4, 2014
hey there I tried like 100 of times to flash this rom and couldnt do it, I tried both vanilla and gapps v21 and none of them seems to work for me!!! I have a oneplus 8t and I followed the installation guide process and didnt work out! any help!! ???

Disregard

Been running this Rom for a few hours now, running great!

?I'm only having a single issue, and it is with the fingerprint scanner. I'ce read and searched the thread and saw someone mention turning the color to yellow, which I did. When I go to set it up, at the screen where it says "Locate the finger print scanner on your screen" and the fingerprint scanner lights up, if I press it, nothing really happens.

Has anyone else had this issue?

:EDIT:

I also just noticed that with media playback, it pauses about every 10 seconds for a second or two.

I don't know if it matters but this is a T-Mobile Global conversion phone.

Last edited:
Been running this Rom for a few hours now, running great!

?I'm only having a single issue, and it is with the fingerprint scanner. I'ce read and searched the thread and saw someone mention turning the color to yellow, which I did. When I go to set it up, at the screen where it says "Locate the finger print scanner on your screen" and the fingerprint scanner lights up, if I press it, nothing really happens.

Has anyone else had this issue?

:EDIT:

I also just noticed that with media playback, it pauses about every 10 seconds for a second or two.

I don't know if it matters but this is a T-Mobile Global conversion phone.
Disregard this post. I was about to factory reset and try again, but decided to try a dirty flash instead. Dirty flashing fixed both my issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    June 7. New release V-21:

1. June security patches
    2. Android r56
    3. Automatic sleep/suspend mode (scheduled by user) in Settings/Battery
    4. 'Internet permission missing' issue with several apps fixed. Now, all apps including Googleplay, as well as third party apps, have no problems connecting to the internet (no F/C)

Download in post #3.
    hey there I tried like 100 of times to flash this rom and couldnt do it, I tried both vanilla and gapps v21 and none of them seems to work for me!!! I have a oneplus 8t and I followed the installation guide process and didnt work out! any help!! ???
    I installed twrp and flashed in recovery. Flash twrp again after ROM and reboot recovery. Factory reset. Done. Works for me, don't know if it's recommended
    TELEGRAM CHANNEL ADDED: HERE
    TELEGRAM CHAT GROUP: HERE

VERSION 19 FIXES SAFETYNET ISSUES WHEN USING MAGISK 24.3
    See complete instructions Here

You can actually use alarm when the phone is shut down. It would boot 2 minutes prior to scheduled time and trigger the alarm on time

This is official build of Jaguar Rom.

I have been building Android roms since 2012 for various devices including multiple Sonys, Lenovo Zuk, Oneplus 3, Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 6. You can check my Oneplus 6 or
    Oneplus 6T or Oneplus 8 threads and browse my profile.

Jaguar rom is focused on hardening of AndroidOS and kernel. As such, the rom has hardened bionic, art, framework and tightened security.

1 Rom control with custom Power options, Statusbar, Buttons, Navbar, Quicksettings, Lockscreen, Notifications, Gestures, Themes etc...

2. Heavily modified Art, Bionic System/Vold and System/Security

3. Telephony response to Type Zero sms ('silently acknowledged') disabled

4. Toggle to disable Captive Portal logging.

5. Speakerphone proximity sensor toggle - could be set to automatically switch to speaker when not at the ear

6. IMEI and phone numbers hidden in About menu

7. Built-in encrypted DNS providers, such as: Cloudflare (US); LibreDns (Germany); AdguardDns (Cyprus); and PowerDns (Netherlands)

8. Wakelock and Alarmblocker

9. Fully working Call recording with the button visible in Dialer

10. A choice between the latest Bromite and Vanadium webview

11. Deskclock app modified to work with PowerOn alarm. The app will boot the phone 2 minutes before scheduled time to trigger the alarm on time

12. Default Dark mode

13. All regular customizations plus. You tell me which feature is missing.

14. Prebuilt Magisk 23. You don't have to flash it, just install the attached Magisk.apk.

Bugs: AOD working, but no info shown on lockscreen (works fine on other Onepluses)

Install instructions:

If this is your first time coming from stock to a custom rom, you MUST have Android 11 stock in both slots. So, either have a few stock updates over the air (to populate the second slot) or flash stock rom with TWRP

1. Install Jaguar recovery via fastboot: reboot in fastboot and execute the following commands on your connected PC terminal:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_a recovery.img
    fastboot flash recovery_b recovery img

2. Download the rom on your PC. Boot the phone into recovery, set recovery for sideloading, then type on your PC terminal (which should be opened in the same directory where you had downloaded the rom):
    Code:
    adb sideload 'name of the rom'

3. Factory reset and reboot. You are done. If you want root, DO NOT FLASH MAGISK ZIP, just install Magisk manager (apk) as a normal app.

PICO Gapps has been tested successfully with this rom.

All downloads are in post #3

XDA:DevDB Information
    JAGUAR R, ROM for the OnePlus 8T

Contributors

optimumpro

Kernel Source Code: HERE

ROM OS Version:
    11.x R
    ROM Kernel:
    Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required:
    no lower than Android 11
    Based On: AOSP/Lineage/DirtyUnicorn/Crdroid

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: See post #3
    Stable Release Date:
    2021-01-26

Created: 2021-10-05
    Updated: 2022-06-07

Credit: AOSP, Lineage, DU, Crdroid, GrapheneOS, CalyxOS Bromite webview
    The rom could be used on locked bootloader (donate feature) with or without Gapps.

The benefits of LOCKED BOOTLOADER combined with WORKING AVB-2 protection are:

Get back your DRM L1 certificate. Most banking apps will work regardless of Magisk.

Security: Nobody and nothing can modify Kernel, Recovery and Virtual Partitions without triggering a red screen of death with the message 'your device is corrupted and cannot boot'.

At that point, the only option is to unlock bootloader. But, if a user had previously disabled OEM unlock in Developer settings, then unlocking becomes unavailable, and so does flashing via fastboot. In other words, if your phone gets into the hands of an adversary, their only option is to use MSM tool to make the phone work again, but no access to your data or any other partition.

Why prebuilt Magisk? Because you can't modify kernel or recovery on locked bootloader post installation, and that's exactly what Magisk does.

See attached som screenshots:
    November 4, New release V-14

1. November security patches
    2. Android r49
    3. Updated vendor blobs
    4. Ambient display sensor fixed
    5. Snap camera replaced with Open Camera

Download in post #3.
    December 7: New Release V-15

1. December security patches
    2. Android r50
    3. FOD features are back
    4. Nightlight and NightDisplay with picture adjustment and antiflicker are back
    5. Double tap to wake is visible
    6. Safetynet should pass (need to confirm)

Download in post #3.
    October 16. Updated release:

1. Removes the leftovers of Livedisplay that was suppressing AOSP implementation
    2. Face unlock fully working.

Download in post #3.