[ROM][11.0_r58]JAGUAR ONEPLUS 8 OFFICIAL V23 Updated August 6, 2022

Search This thread

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
May 11. New release V-20.1

1. Redone adaptive brightness
2. Call recording (bug introduced in V-20) fixed
3. Captive portal: added 3 options Standard (Google), Alternative and Disabled; and moved to Settings/Network
4. Fingerprint icons and colors made more transparent, so, now fingerpint works flawlessly.

Download in post #3.

scorpio76r

Jan 10, 2016
All over like street lights

3. Captive portal: added 3 options Standard (Google), Alternative and Disabled; and moved to Settings/Network
4. Fingerprint icons and colors made more transparent, so, now fingerpint works flawlessly.

Download in post #3.
The Jaguar version is showing 20.0 after flashing the 20.1 update. Was

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220511-181748_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220511-181748_Settings.png
    133.1 KB · Views: 25

scorpio76r

Jan 10, 2016
I usually do not use my phone while walking outside but, today I did. I noticed that I couldn't see my screen. It was dark. When I got out of the sun a little and in to some shade I could see my screen a little and, I went into settings. I saw that my brightness level was at 100% but my screen was dark. I have adapted brightness enabled also. How do I fix this issue with not being able to see my screen when it's sunny outside?

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
I usually do not use my phone while walking outside but, today I did. I noticed that I couldn't see my screen. It was dark. When I got out of the sun a little and in to some shade I could see my screen a little and, I went into settings. I saw that my brightness level was at 100% but my screen was dark. I have adapted brightness enabled also. How do I fix this issue with not being able to see my screen when it's sunny outside?
Are you saying that maximum brightness is not enough when at direct sunlight or that the actual brightness is not maximum brightness in your case?

scorpio76r

Jan 10, 2016
Are you saying that maximum brightness is not enough when at direct sunlight or that the actual brightness is not maximum brightness in your case?
Maximum brightness is not enough in my case. This is happening to both of my 8's both on latest version of the rom. I'm not sure sure if this ever happened on oxygen oos but, I'm never going back to that horrible software to see if that happens on it.

crashfly

Oct 7, 2009
I would like to change over to this ROM. I have downloaded the latest v20-1 zip and I downloaded the v20 recovery. However, after following instructions to flash the recovery img and then attempting to reboot to recovery, I get an error of "The current image (boot/recovery) have been destroyed and can not boot. Please flash the correct image or contact customer service to fix it."

The bootloader is appears to be unlocked according to the still working system on slot a.
It says 'OEM unlocking', "Bootloader unlocked".
Attempting to 'fastboot oem unlock' responds with "Device already : unlocked!", so the device is flashable.

It just appears that recovery.img is somehow corrupted?
Downloaded twice with md5 hash of '9507d66832e591a98353dfadabeb47c9'.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Edit: Nevermind. I just realized this is based off of android 11 and my phone currently has android 12. That would explain it.

Last edited:

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
As I said earlier
Edit: Nevermind. I just realized this is based off of android 11 and my phone currently has android 12. That would explain it.
That is NOT the reason. All custom Android 11 and 12 roms require OOS-11 in both slots. So, if you were on a custom 12 rom, you'll be fine with Jaguar, but if you were on OOS-12, then in order to run any custom rom (11 or 12), you need to downgrade to OOS-11 in both slots.

Try recovery from earlier release. You can also use Lineage recovery or even TWRP.

crashfly

Oct 7, 2009
As I said earlier

That is NOT the reason. All custom Android 11 and 12 roms require OOS-11 in both slots. So, if you were on a custom 12 rom, you'll be fine with Jaguar, but if you were on OOS-12, then in order to run any custom rom (11 or 12), you need to downgrade to OOS-11 in both slots.

Try recovery from earlier release. You can also use Lineage recovery or even TWRP.

Because I do not know, I would like to know why OOS-11 is required in both slots?

One would assume that an Android 12 experience requires an Android 12 bootloader. I have not kept up with the custom roms lately because when I purchased my Oneplus 8, the fingerprint reader did not work in the several custom roms I tried. I went back to a rooted stock and was satisfied that I could get what I needed done. Accidentally, my phone updated to Android 12, but I was able to retain root. Unfortunately, the most recent update has rendered my phone without root.

Also, I was under the impression that the [11.0_r55] designation in the thread title implies this is an Android 11 rom. Please inform me if I am wrong.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
Because I do not know, I would like to know why OOS-11 is required in both slots?

One would assume that an Android 12 experience requires an Android 12 bootloader. I have not kept up with the custom roms lately because when I purchased my Oneplus 8, the fingerprint reader did not work in the several custom roms I tried. I went back to a rooted stock and was satisfied that I could get what I needed done. Accidentally, my phone updated to Android 12, but I was able to retain root. Unfortunately, the most recent update has rendered my phone without root.

Also, I was under the impression that the [11.0_r55] designation in the thread title implies this is an Android 11 rom. Please inform me if I am wrong.
Because OOS-12 does not support custom roms. It's not just bootloader, but about 20 other firmware partitions. If you read any custom rom's thread, Android 11 and 12, this is what they all say: OOS-11 in both slots is required.

My rom is Android 11, but as I just said, the requirement is the same for custom 11 and 12 roms.

People should read install instructions and not assume anything. Otherwise, they get into all kinds of trouble. 99.9% of those are self-inflicted.

Last edited:

crashfly

Oct 7, 2009
Because OOS-12 does not support custom roms. It's not just bootloader, but about 20 other firmware partitions. If you read any custom rom's thread, Android 11 and 12, this is what they all say: OOS-11 in both slots is required.
So what leads you to that conclusion that OOS-12 does not support custom roms?
I do not accept statements without something backing that statement up.
And the thread right below this one {[ROM][12.1]CherishOS-3.7[UNOFFICIAL][Oneplus 8][05.14.2022]} does not mention anywhere in its first post about requiring Android 11. Please keep blanket statements like "this is what they all say" from making your statement false.

This rom looks interesting, but I will instead look at an Android 12 rom.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
So what leads you to that conclusion that OOS-12 does not support custom roms?
I do not accept statements without something backing that statement up.
And the thread right below this one {[ROM][12.1]CherishOS-3.7[UNOFFICIAL][Oneplus 8][05.14.2022]} does not mention anywhere in its first post about requiring Android 11. Please keep blanket statements like "this is what they all say" from making your statement false.

This rom looks interesting, but I will instead look at an Android 12 rom.
You should ask that person as to why he didn't put it into his instructions. I don't know. Maybe because he is not a developer, it's not his rom, and he simply compiled it. That's the difference between official and unofficial roms. In the latter case, the compiler has no control over the rom features. Or he just assumed that everyone knows that OOS-12 doesn't support custom roms.

I do my own development and I know that OOS-12 firmware is not usable with custom roms, and I tell my users they need OOS-11 in both slots to install my rom, and so do other developers whether Android 11 or 12. But again, virtually everybody, who ever complained about running into installation problems, did that to him/herself by failing to read instructions.

Best regards.

Last edited:
Reactions: judaxxx

cjvzla

Apr 25, 2011
OnePlus 8
Hi, want to dirty flash latest release but when i type adb devices on the cmd window, my device show up but it says unathorized, will this affect the result when i type adb sudeload rom? i don't want to soft brick so i rather ask

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
Hi, want to dirty flash latest release but when i type adb devices on the cmd window, my device show up but it says unathorized, will this affect the result when i type adb sudeload rom? i don't want to soft brick so i rather ask
That won't prevent sideloading, but if you want, you can always authorize your PC in Developer options.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    August 6. New release V-23

1. August security patches
    2. Android r58
    3. 5G network options in OneplusSettings

Download in post #3.
    TELEGRAM CHANNEL ADDED: HERE
    TELEGRAM CHAT GROUP: HERE

Jaguar is available on locked bootloader with working root (Magisk)

VERSION 19 FIXES SAFETYNET PASSING (WITH MAGISK 24.3)
    See detailed instructions here

You can actually use alarm when the phone is OFF. It would boot 2 minutes before and trigger the alarm on time

This is official build of Jaguar Rom.

I have been building Android roms since 2012 for various devices including multiple Sonys, Lenovo Zuk, Oneplus 3, Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 6. You can check my Oneplus 6 or
    Oneplus 6T threads and browse my profile.

Jaguar rom is focused on hardening of AndroidOS and kernel. As such, the rom has hardened bionic, art, framework and tightened security.

1 Rom control with custom Power options, Statusbar, Buttons, Navbar, Quicksettings, Lockscreen, Notifications, Gestures, Themes etc...

2. Heavily modified Art, Bionic System/Vold and System/Security

3. Telephony response to Type Zero sms ('silently acknowledged') disabled

4. Toggle to disable Captive Portal logging.

5. Speakerphone proximity sensor toggle - could be set to automatically switch to speaker when not at the ear

6. IMEI and phone numbers hidden in About menu

7. Built-in encrypted DNS providers, such as: Cloudflare (US); LibreDns (Germany); AdguardDns (Cyprus); and PowerDns (Netherlands)

8. Wakelock and Alarmblocker

9. Fully working Call recording with the button visible in Dialer

10. A choice between the latest Bromite and Vanadium webview

11. Deskclock app modified to work with PowerOn alarm. The app will boot the phone 2 minutes before scheduled time to trigger the alarm on time

12. Default Dark mode

13. All regular customizations plus. You tell me which feature is missing.

14. Prebuilt Magisk 23. You don't have to flash it, just install the attached Magisk.apk.

Bugs: AOD working, but no info shown on lockscreen (works fine on other Onepluses)

Install instructions

1. Install Jaguar recovery via fastboot: reboot in fastboot and execute the following commands on your connected PC terminal:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_a recovery.img
    fastboot flash recovery_b recovery.img

2. Download the rom to your PC. Boot the phone into recovery, set recovery for sideloading, then type on your PC terminal (which should be opened in the same directory where you had downloaded the rom):
    Code:
    adb sideload 'name of the rom'

3. Factory reset and reboot. You are done. If you want root, just install Magisk manager (apk) as a normal app.

PICO Gapps has been tested successfully with this rom.

All downloads are in post #3.

All subsequent releases will be in post #3

XDA:DevDB Information
    JAGUAR R, ROM for the OnePlus 8

Contributors

optimumpro

Kernel Source Code: HERE

ROM OS Version:
    11.x R
    ROM Kernel:
    Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required:
    no lower than Android 11
    Based On: AOSP/Lineage/DirtyUnicorn/Crdroid

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: See post #3
    Stable Release Date:
    2021-01-26

Created: 2021-09-29
    Updated: 2022-08-06

Credit: AOSP, Lineage, DU, Crdroid, GrapheneOS, CalyxOS Bromite webview
    The rom could be used on locked bootloader with ROOT (donate feature) with or without Gapps.

The benefits of LOCKED BOOTLOADER combined with WORKING AVB-2 protection are:

Get your DRM L1 certificate back. Most banking apps (if not all) will work with or without Magisk: you cimply get a warning 'your devices is rooted', but you can proceed to login

Security: Nobody and nothing can modify Kernel, Recovery and Virtual Partitions without triggering a red screen of death with the message 'your device is corrupted and cannot boot'.

At that point, the only option is to unlock bootloader. But, if a user had previously disabled OEM unlock in Developer settings, then unlocking becomes unavailable, and so does flashing via fastboot. In other words, if your phone gets into the hands of an adversary, their only option is to use MSM tool to make the phone work again, but no access to your data or any other partition.

Why prebuilt Magisk? Because you can't modify kernel or recovery on locked bootloader post installation, and that's exactly what Magisk does.

Also, see some screenshots attached:
    November 3, New release V-14

1. November security patches
    2. Android r49
    3. Updated vendor blobs
    4. Ambient display sensor fixed
    5. Snap camera replaced with Open Camera

Download in post #3.

P.S. To those who complained they couldn't find 'double tap to wake' toggle:

Earlier, I posted a screenshot of my Oneplus 8 (not 8 Pro or T) that clearly showed the feature. Moreover, just to make sure, I did a clean flash of the latest release, and the feature appears in Settings/Display between 'Lockscreen' and 'Wake on plug'.

So, if you still have a 'no show', that's not the rom, but addon(s) you've installed. Or, you used TWRP to restore data (TWRP is utterly incapable of restoring data without corruption) or a version of Gapps or Xposed or Magisk addons: you should know better which one... .
    October 20. New release

1. Built from scratch in a separate environment from other devices to get rid of conflicts.

2. Clean-flashed on my own Oneplus 8: everything seems to be working

Download in post #3.
    DO NOT UPGRADE TO MAGISK 25 AND HIGHER. IT IS BROKEN ON A BUNCH OF CUSTOM ROMS INCLUDING JAGUAR. USE MAGISK 24.3

August 6. New release V-23

1. August security patches
    2. Android r58
    3. 5G network options in OneplusSettings

Dirty flashing is fine on a previous release

Download rom V-23 VANILLA: Here

Download rom V-23 FULL: Here

Download recovery: Here

July 7. New release V-22

1. July security patches
    2. Android r57
    3. Clear clipboard quick setting toggle
    4. Metro audio player
    5. Many under the hood improvements

Download rom V-22 VANILLA: Here

Download rom V-22 FULL
    : Here

June 7. New release V-21:

1. June security patches
    2. Android r56
    3. Automatic sleep/suspend mode (scheduled by a user) in Settings/Battery
    4. 'Internet permission missing' issue with several apps fixed. Now, all apps including Googleplay, as well as third party apps, have no problems connecting to the internet (no F/C)

Download rom V21 VANILLA: Here

Download rom V21 FULL: Here

Recovery: Here

May 29. New release V-20.2

1. Captive portal now On/Off
    2. Addressed some apps crashing with message "missing Internet permission'
    3. HBM fixed, now fully working (Auto HBM is recommended with trigger set to 50000 lux in Oneplus Settings)
    4. One shot auto-brightness
    5. In-call volume increased for Speaker and Headset

Dirty flashing is fine on top of a previous release

Download rom V20.2 VANILLA: Here

Download rom V20.2 FULL: Here

3. Captive portal: added 3 options Standard (Google), Alternative and Disabled) and moved to Settings/Network

As always, dirty flashing is fine on previous releases

Download rom V-20.1 VANILLA: Here

Download rom V-20.1-FULL: Here

May 6. New release, V-20

1. May security patches
    2. Google r55
    3. Recovery fixed to have 'yes/no' prompt on signatures mismatch (for Magisk)

Download rom V-20 Vanilla: Here

Download rom V-20 Full: Here

May 3. New release

1. Wakelock blockers in kernel
    2. Jaguar version is now displayed in About phone
    3. Choice for temperature units F/C for lockscreen battery info
    4. A bunch of other under the hood improvements

Download rom Full Version: Here

DOwnload rom Vanilla Version: Here

April 15. New release V-19.1

1. AOD is fully working (see screenshot Here)

2. Experimental feature: toggle to spoof Pixel to get unlimited storage for Google Photos (in Settings/Accessibility)

Dirty flashing on a previous release is fine.

Download V-19.1-VANILLA: Here

Download V-19.1-FULL: Here

April 6 New release V-19

This version fixes Safetynet with Magisk 24.3. Confirmed with screenshorts: see here

1. April security patches
    2. Google r54
    3. Switched to AOSP webview 100.x
    4. Should work with Zgisk (confirmed)
    5. Pre-root removed (users can flash Magisk 24.3 even on locked bootloader)
    6. Seedvault is back

Dirty flash is fine on a previous release

Download rom V-19 Vanilla: Here

Download rom V-19 Full: Here

Download latest recovery: Here

March 23. New release.

1. From now and on there will be 2 versions of the rom Full and Vanilla
    2. Updated kernel, which includes Spectre 2 implementations
    3. Updated icons for Display calibration

Dirty flashing is fine on top of a previous release.

Download rom V-18 FULL: Here - this one needs nothing else to flash including Magisk

Download rom V-18 Vanilla: Here

March 8, New release, V-18

1. March security patches
    2. Android r53
    3. User build
    4. Updated kernel
    5. Options to choose between Bromite and Vanadium webivew

Dirty flashing on top of a previous release is fine.

Download rom V-18: HERE

February 17. New release

1. Another attempt to fix Safetynet
    2. Torch flashing on incoming calls
    3. NightDisplay renamed to Display calibration

Download rom: HERE
    Download recovery: HERE

February 8. New release, V-17

1. February security patches
    2. Android r52
    3. Regular webview, as opposed to bromite
    4. Toggle to hide statusbar clock when launcher is active
    5. New recovery that fixes 'not enough space' issues with some Gapps

Dirty flash on a previous release is fine

Download rom V-17: HERE
    Recovery: HERE

January 12. New release

Using Android S safety net attestation: should pass without Magisk modules:

Although, I don't have Gapps, but Santander bank app and Netflix work without 'root detected' warning

Dirty flash is fine

January 5, 2022. New release V-16

1. January security patches
    2. Android r51
    3. NightDisplay crash fixed
    4. OpenCamera HDR etc. crashes fixed
    5. Updated vendor blobs

Download rom V-16: HERE

December 20. New release, which fixes Safetynet

Dirty flashing is fine

December 13. New Release V-15.1

1. Another attempt to fix Safetynet
    2. Also fixes fingerprint enrollment on fresh install

Download rom V-15.1: HERE

December 7: New Release V-15

1. December security patches
    2. Android r50
    3. FOD features are back
    4. Nightlight and NightDisplay with picture adjustment and antiflicker are back
    5. Double tap to wake is visible
    6. Safetynet should pass (need to confirm)

Dirty flash is fine on top of a previous release

Download rom V-15: HERE

November 3, New release V-14

1. November security patches
    2. Android r49
    3. Updated vendor blobs
    4. Ambient display sensor fixed
    5. Snap camera replaced with Open Camera

Dirty flash is fine on top of a previous release.

Download rom V-14: HERE

October 20. New release

1. Built from scratch in a separate environment from other devices to get rid of conflicts.

2. Clean-flashed on my own Oneplus 8: everything seems to be working

Recovery: HERE Unzip first, then install in fastboot

October 14. New release, V-13.1

1. AOD fixed for Oneplus 8 series
    2. Tilt, Pulse, Pocket, Edge Light with color options, Wake on Notivications all work
    3. AOD on charge only option
    4. Screen unlock delay is gone
    5. Statusbar brightness gesture redone
    6. Padding added to statusbar left clock (away from front camera hole)
    7. Nightlight tile visible now
    8. Clear all recents gesture (working for gestural navigation too) in Launcher/Settings/Misc
    9. Enlarged system partition to allow installation of larger Gapps

Could be flashed dirty on top of a previous release

Download Rom V13.1
    : HERE

October 5. New release, V-13.

1. Google r48
    2. October security patches
    3. Internal firewall fully working
    4. Redone doze
    5. Updated kernel

Could be flashed dirty on top of a previous release. Otherwise, clean flash

Download rom V-13: HERE

October 2. New release

1. Updated kernel

2. Updated recovery with new features: ability to change slots; wiping System partition; and allowing signature mismatch/downgrade

3. Build compatible with user installation of Gapps on locked bootloader normally

Could be flashed dirty on top of previous release. Otherwise, clean flash.

Download rom from here
    Recovery from here
    Magisk.apk (no flashing) from here

Don't flash Magisk, as it is prebuilt. Just install it as a normal app.