[ROM][11.0_r61]JAGUAR ONEPLUS 8T OFFICIAL V26 Updated November 9, 2022

Search This thread

JedidroidX

Jan 30, 2015
Can someone post a magisk patched boot image please. I'm currently away without my laptop on vacation with family and lost root when updated.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
Can someone post a magisk patched boot image please. I'm currently away without my laptop on vacation with family and lost root when updated.
This is not a patched image, but if you install Magisk 24.3 manager and put the attached onto internal storage, you can patch it on your phone. Then you can flash the patched kernel normally.

Attachments

• boot.img
    96 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Brasscat82

Jul 16, 2014
Would love be to give this a try, but first, can you please explain the difference between the "vanilla" and "full" versions?

Brasscat82

Jul 16, 2014
Thank you for the reply. For further clarification, does the full package include gApps Pico, or is it simply structured to accept it? Apologies, I want to make sure I have every thing I need, I don't have a backup phone, should this go awry.

Subsequent questions: I'm a little confused about the original post:
A) am i to understand that placing this ROM on the phone automatically re-locks the bootloader?

B) I'm coming from the latest LOS 18.1; do I need to return to stock, to install Jaguar?

Thanks again for the help and advice

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
Thank you for the reply. For further clarification, does the full package include gApps Pico, or is it simply structured to accept it? Apologies, I want to make sure I have every thing I need, I don't have a backup phone, should this go awry.

Subsequent questions: I'm a little confused about the original post:
A) am i to understand that placing this ROM on the phone automatically re-locks the bootloader?

B) I'm coming from the latest LOS 18.1; do I need to return to stock, to install Jaguar?

Thanks again for the help and advice
The full version contains minimal gapps, no aosp app is replaced. Users can install additional apps... .

Nothing will lock your bootloader, except you doing it manually. Relocking bootloader on Jaguar is a donate feature.

Edit: coming from Lineage 18.1: If Lineage required OOS-12 (I doubt it), you need to downgrade to OOS-11 in both slots. Otherwise, you are fine.

Last edited:

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
September 7. New release V-24: major update

1. September security patches
2. Android r59
3. Updated kernel with latest upstream CVE
4.Ability to change clock size in statusbar and quicksettings
5. Rom is now compatible with Magisk 25 and Lsposed
6. Fingerprint enrollment fixed

Download in post #3.

Diaze

Jun 8, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8T
icons in status bar are somehow moved to the right. not well placed. of u put center clock its moving more to the right..is not well centered

ps. fp still not working

Last edited:

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
icons in status bar are somehow moved to the right. not well placed. of u put center clock its moving more to the right..is not well centered

ps. fp still not working
Icons are shifted because of the camera circle. If you don't like it, you can always change display cutout to 'hide'.

As far as fingerprint, change icons/color.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
October 5. New release V-25

1. October security patches
2. Android r60
3. Kernel updated to 4.19.260 including the latest CVE
4. Fingerprint brightness flickering - addressed
5. Webview 106.x

Download in post #3.

Last edited:

-earth-

Apr 14, 2012
OnePlus 8T
3. Factory reset and reboot. You are done. If you want root, DO NOT FLASH MAGISK ZIP, just install Magisk manager (apk) as a normal app.

I test it, but it would not work.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
3. Factory reset and reboot. You are done. If you want root, DO NOT FLASH MAGISK ZIP, just install Magisk manager (apk) as a normal app.

I test it, but it would not work.
Magisk is no longer prebuilt, because it wasn't possible with the 25 version. This has been fixed and the next release will have Magisk prebuilt again.

For now, either install Magisk with TWRP or use magisk manager to patch on device.

Reactions: -earth-

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    November 9. New release V-26

1. November security patches
    2. Android r61
    3. Kernel to 4.19.264
    4. Toggle to turn on/off screenshot saving (Settings/Privacy)

Download in post #3.
    No, I don't. I have Oneplus 8, which has identical fod implementation with zero issues.

Judging by your tone, you should move to another rom. Really... .

Maybe this will prove to you what the problem is with FOD on the jaguar:

1. Trying to add finger:
    (screen dimming)

2. After 5 minutes fighting with adding:

3. screen dimming, when unlocking using FOD
    - screen flicker when waking up screen
    trying to add second finger

A year ago it was better, but also broken

You don't have this device, so if NO ONE reports this to you, then you don't know what really your ROM works on other devices that you not owning
    Moderator Information
    Some off topic posts have been removed from this thread. I would like remind everyone that if you have an issue to report, please report it in a polite way and work with developer to provide information needed for troubleshooting. Being harsh cannot make you go anywhere faster.

Thanks.
    Thanks for your time, but I don't have a problem with presist (Btw I did a backup after unlocking the bootloader a year ago).

I use minimal firmware to change roms on different bases, the use of MSM is unnecessary in this case.

All sensors works normal.

I switched from jaguar to crdroid A13 (oos12). A few hours later I switched back to havoc A11 (oos11) and everything works on these ROMs
    I was on havoc for sometime and they take forever for security patch updates. Jaguar is always updating , I would keep trying or wait for the next update as it won't be long unlike HavosOS. You'll be back on Jaguar soon, I'm sure of it. All good though, happy flashing!
    Jaguar for poco f4 when?
    TELEGRAM CHANNEL ADDED: HERE
    TELEGRAM CHAT GROUP: HERE

See important discussion about Kernel Updates and Security: here

Jaguar is available on locked bootloader with working root (Magisk)

VERSION 19 FIXES SAFETYNET ISSUES WHEN USING MAGISK 24.3
    See complete instructions Here

You can actually use alarm when the phone is shut down. It would boot 2 minutes prior to scheduled time and trigger the alarm on time

This is official build of Jaguar Rom.

I have been building Android roms since 2012 for various devices including multiple Sonys, Lenovo Zuk, Oneplus 3, Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 6. You can check my Oneplus 6 or
    Oneplus 6T or Oneplus 8 threads and browse my profile.

Jaguar rom is focused on hardening of AndroidOS and kernel. As such, the rom has hardened bionic, art, framework and tightened security.

1 Rom control with custom Power options, Statusbar, Buttons, Navbar, Quicksettings, Lockscreen, Notifications, Gestures, Themes etc...

2. Heavily modified Art, Bionic System/Vold and System/Security

3. Telephony response to Type Zero sms ('silently acknowledged') disabled

4. Toggle to disable Captive Portal logging.

5. Speakerphone proximity sensor toggle - could be set to automatically switch to speaker when not at the ear

6. IMEI and phone numbers hidden in About menu

7. Built-in encrypted DNS providers, such as: Cloudflare (US); LibreDns (Germany); AdguardDns (Cyprus); and PowerDns (Netherlands)

8. Wakelock and Alarmblocker

9. Fully working Call recording with the button visible in Dialer

10. A choice between the latest Bromite and Vanadium webview

11. Deskclock app modified to work with PowerOn alarm. The app will boot the phone 2 minutes before scheduled time to trigger the alarm on time

12. Default Dark mode

13. All regular customizations plus. You tell me which feature is missing.

14. Prebuilt Magisk 23. You don't have to flash it, just install the attached Magisk.apk.

Bugs: AOD working, but no info shown on lockscreen (works fine on other Onepluses)

Install instructions:

If this is your first time coming from stock to a custom rom, you MUST have Android 11 stock in both slots. So, either have a few stock updates over the air (to populate the second slot) or flash stock rom with TWRP

1. Install Jaguar recovery via fastboot: reboot in fastboot and execute the following commands on your connected PC terminal:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_a recovery.img
    fastboot flash recovery_b recovery img

2. Download the rom on your PC. Boot the phone into recovery, set recovery for sideloading, then type on your PC terminal (which should be opened in the same directory where you had downloaded the rom):
    Code:
    adb sideload 'name of the rom'

PICO Gapps has been tested successfully with this rom.

All downloads are in post #3

XDA:DevDB Information
    JAGUAR R, ROM for the OnePlus 8T

Contributors

optimumpro

Kernel Source Code: HERE

ROM OS Version:
    11.x R
    ROM Kernel:
    Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required:
    no lower than Android 11
    Based On: AOSP/Lineage/DirtyUnicorn/Crdroid

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: See post #3
    Stable Release Date:
    2021-01-26

Created: 2021-10-05
    Updated: 2022-11-09

Credit: AOSP, Lineage, DU, Crdroid, GrapheneOS, CalyxOS Bromite webview
    The rom could be used on locked bootloader with ROOT (donate feature) with or without Gapps.

The benefits of LOCKED BOOTLOADER combined with WORKING AVB-2 protection are:

Get back your DRM L1 certificate. Most banking apps will work regardless of Magisk.

Security: Nobody and nothing can modify Kernel, Recovery and Virtual Partitions without triggering a red screen of death with the message 'your device is corrupted and cannot boot'.

At that point, the only option is to unlock bootloader. But, if a user had previously disabled OEM unlock in Developer settings, then unlocking becomes unavailable, and so does flashing via fastboot. In other words, if your phone gets into the hands of an adversary, their only option is to use MSM tool to make the phone work again, but no access to your data or any other partition.

Why prebuilt Magisk? Because you can't modify kernel or recovery on locked bootloader post installation, and that's exactly what Magisk does.

See attached som screenshots:
    November 4, New release V-14

1. November security patches
    2. Android r49
    3. Updated vendor blobs
    4. Ambient display sensor fixed
    5. Snap camera replaced with Open Camera

Download in post #3.
    December 7: New Release V-15

1. December security patches
    2. Android r50
    3. FOD features are back
    4. Nightlight and NightDisplay with picture adjustment and antiflicker are back
    5. Double tap to wake is visible
    6. Safetynet should pass (need to confirm)

Download in post #3.
    October 16. Updated release:

1. Removes the leftovers of Livedisplay that was suppressing AOSP implementation
    2. Face unlock fully working.

Download in post #3.