Development [ROM][11.0_r61]JAGUAR ONEPLUS 9 OFFICIAL V26 Updated November 9, 2022

Search This thread

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
Great rom so far, I just clean flashed it coming from OOS11.

Though when I tried to set up fingerprint unlock it doesn't work, at all (not unlocking it, but first setting it up in the settings). I can tap as often as I want and it doesn't register anything, the fod doesn't light up either. If I press around the screen a bit it tells me to tap on the fingerprint sensor on the back, which obviously isn't the case for the OP9.

Looking for a new daily rom and everything else works so far, so a fix would be awesome.
Fingerprint. You need to lock and unlock the phone once, then fingerprint would start working.

GenericPhoneUser

Aug 23, 2022
Fingerprint. You need to lock and unlock the phone once, then fingerprint would start working.
Sadly does not fix it. I locked and unlocked it and rebooted it with the PIN lock and its the same behavior.
It does recognize the very first tap and gives of a vibration, then when it tells me to lift my finger and touch the fod again the sensor turns off and nothing happens, no matter where and how often I touch.

I did a clean flash of the most recent version. Either it's that or the fw, though I came from OOS11 (MSM and installed OOS11 on both slots).

GenericPhoneUser

Aug 23, 2022
Sadly does not fix it. I locked and unlocked it and rebooted it with the PIN lock and its the same behavior.
It does recognize the very first tap and gives of a vibration, then when it tells me to lift my finger and touch the fod again the sensor turns off and nothing happens, no matter where and how often I touch.

I did a clean flash of the most recent version. Either it's that or the fw, though I came from OOS11 (MSM and installed OOS11 on both slots).
Okay, I somehow made it, I tried it over and over again until the fod symbol somehow stayed there and I could add a fingerprint. After the first I added more, although the fod symbol kept dissappearing and I got it only sometimes to work (like 1/20 times maybe).
Definitely something going on with the fod though.

And after adding fingerprints and turning off the screen it only wakes up sometimes if I have my finger on it. It doesn't react to the button or double tap at all anymore, almost like it's bricked, if you didn't know to put your finger on the fod. So definitely not as intended I think.

After removing the screen lock altogether and turning off the screen once it didn't turn on at all anymore. It did unlock (the lock/unlock sound played) but the screen itself stayed black. Almost as if the fod is somehow linked with the screen being on at all.

I had to connect it to my pc and reboot it via adb, luckily I hab usb debugging still turned on.
After a reboot without a screen lock it works normally. After adding a fingerprint it's the same result again.
This bug is repeatable, rendering the use of the fod useless as of now.
I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this, but as far as I can tell I did everything right and everything else is working.

Last edited:

Rfdom

Nov 8, 2021
OnePlus 8T
I flashed the ROM on My oneplus 9 it's amazing but I'm having some problems. If I enable fingerprint my phone enters a sleep of death that only wakes up when I receive a call. If I disable fingerprint it works as usual. I have attached a logcat and video of the issue.
I also have a feature request, to enable to show battery percentage on the lockscreen.
Thanks.

Last edited:

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
I flashed the ROM on My oneplus 9 it's amazing but I'm having some problems. If I enable fingerprint my phone enters a sleep of death that only wakes up when I receive a call. If I disable fingerprint it works as usual. I have attached a logcat and video of the issue.
I also have a feature request, to enable to show battery percentage on the lockscreen.
Thanks.
1. Your logcat didn't get attached.
2. Battery info on lockscreen: enable in Settings/Rom control/Lockscreen.

Reactions: Rfdom

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
October 7. New release V-25

1. October security patches
2. Android r60
3. Kernel updated to 4.19.260 including the latest CVE
4. Fingerprint brightness flickering - addressed
5. Webview 106.x

Download in post #3.

Elerir9

Oct 7, 2016
OnePlus 9
This rom looks amazing
I didn't see any "downside" section, has anyone noticed any mal-functionning apps? OOS annoys me so much (messenger bug, random other bugs) i would like to switch for this rom but since i'm still using tons of different apps that might get triggered by root presence (i'm old school, i didn't know we could pass safety test as rooted), I would like to make sure everything would be fine.. Google pay, any social networking apps, screen recording...
Thank you!
Amazon work btw

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    November 9. New release V26:

1. November security patches
    2. Android r61
    3. Dialer, Contacts, Calendar and Calculator are aligned with system-wide accents
    4. Screen flickering leftovers on FOD unlock are completely gone
    5. Smart pixels no longer disable permissions
    6. Toggle to turn on/off screenshot saving (Settings/Privacy)
    7. Webview to .107

Download in post #3.
    TELEGRAM CHANNEL ADDED: HERE
    TELEGRAM CHAT GROUP: HERE

Jaguar is available on locked bootloader with working root (Magisk)

VERSION 19 FIXES SAFETYNET ISSUES WHEN USING MAGISK 24.3
    See instructions Here

You can actually use alarm when the phone is shut down. It would boot 2 minutes prior to scheduled time and trigger the alarm on time

This is official build of Jaguar Rom.

I have been building Android roms since 2012 for various devices including multiple Sonys, Lenovo Zuk, Oneplus 3, Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 6 and Oneplus 8 series. You can check my Oneplus 8 or Oneplus 8T or Oneplus 6 or Oneplus 6T or Oneplus 8 Pro or Oneplus 9 Pro threads.

Jaguar rom is focused on hardening of AndroidOS and kernel. As such, the rom has hardened bionic, art, framework and tightened security. It is also built with global 'optimize for speed', as opposed to 'optimize for size' flag, which makes it faster, but larger in size.

The rom is in 16th release for Oneplus 6, 6T and 8 series, and therefore hard-rock stable with all bugs ironed some time ago. Everything works... .

Why not Android 12? Because I am not in the habit of posting undercooked releases. In my experience, Android new releases don't become stable until r40+. Why? Ask Google. My take is: their main product is selling user data, so, everything else is on the back burner. So, not yet...

1 Rom control with custom Power options, Statusbar, Buttons, Navbar, Quicksettings, Lockscreen, Notifications, Gestures, Themes etc...

2. Heavily modified Art, Bionic System/Vold and System/Security

3. Telephony response to Type Zero sms ('silently acknowledged') disabled

4. Toggle to disable Captive Portal logging.

5. Speakerphone proximity sensor toggle - could be set to automatically switch to speaker when not at the ear

6. IMEI and phone numbers hidden in About menu

7. Built-in encrypted DNS providers, such as: Cloudflare (US); LibreDns (Germany); AdguardDns (Cyprus); and PowerDns (Netherlands)

8. Wakelock and Alarmblocker

9. Fully working Call recording with the button visible in Dialer

10. Deskclock app modified to work with PowerOn alarm. The app will boot the phone 2 minutes before scheduled time to trigger the alarm on time

11. Default Dark mode

12. All regular customizations plus. You tell me which feature is missing.

13. Prebuilt Magisk 23 (coming soon to 9). You wouldn't have to flash it, just need to install Magisk manager.

Install instructions (for first time use):

OOS 11 in both slots. Keep in mind, MSM takes care of one slot only. You need to manually install OOS-11 into another slot. Either boot into system (after MSM) and install OOS-11 by using a local option or boot into TWRP and install OOS-11 aggain. If there is no suitable OOS-11 for your device (branded etc), use Lineage's partition copy method. Link here

1. Fastboot flash recovery images:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
    fastboot flash boot_b boot.img

2. Reboot in recovery, sideload the rom and do factory reset.
    If you want Gapps, they should be flashed before the first boot into system, i.e., after flashing the rom, reboot in Recovery (mandatory) and flash Gapps.

When downloading from XDA or Android File host, put your browser in incognito.

Download rom: HERE
    Download boot.img: HERE

All subsequent releases will be in post #3

XDA:DevDB Information

JAGUAR R, ROM for the OnePlus 9

Contributors
    optimumpro

Special thanks to @iaio72 for patient testing: took a lot of flashing and logcat submission until he said and I am quotting: 'Everything works perfectly'. :)

Kernel Source Code: HERE

ROM OS Version: 11.x R
    ROM Kernel: Linux 5.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OOS11 in both slots
    Based On: AOSP/Lineage/DirtyUnicorn/Crdroid

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2021-01-26

Created: 2022-02-06
    Updated: 2022-11-09

Credit: AOSP, Lineage, DU, Crdroid, GrapheneOS, CalyxOS
    September 7. New release V-24: major update

1. September security patches
    2. Android r59

3.Ability to change clock size in statusbar and quicksettings
    4. Rom is now compatible with Magisk 25 and Lsposed
    5. Fingerprint enrollment fixed

Download in post #3.
    The rom could be used on locked bootloader with ROOT (donate feature) with or without Gapps.

The benefits of LOCKED BOOTLOADER combined with WORKING AVB-2 protection are:

Get your DRM L1 certificate back. Most banking apps (if not all) will work with or without Magisk: you cimply get a warning 'your devices is rooted', but you can proceed to login

Security: Nobody and nothing can modify Kernel, Recovery and Virtual Partitions without triggering a red screen of death with the message 'your device is corrupted and cannot boot'.

At that point, the only option is to unlock bootloader. But, if a user had previously disabled OEM unlock in Developer settings, then unlocking becomes unavailable, and so does flashing via fastboot. In other words, if your phone gets into the hands of an adversary, their only option is to use MSM tool to make the phone work again, but no access to your data or any other partition.

The rom will allow you to flash Magisk and Gapps on locked bootloader.

Some screenshots of the rom (from Oneplus 8 thread): HERE
    Watch for full and vanilla versions, depending on your preferences

Magisk 25 and LSposed are loading now.

November 9. New release V26:

1. November security patches
    2. Android r61
    3. Dialer, Contacts, Calendar and Calculator are aligned with system-wide accents
    4. Screen flickering leftovers on FOD unlock are completely gone
    5. Smart pixels no longer disable permissions
    6. Toggle to turn on/off screenshot saving (Settings/Privacy)
    7. Webview to .107

Dirty flashing on a previous release is fine

Download rom V26 VANILLA: Here

Download rom V26 FULL: Here

October 7. New release V-25

1. October security patches
    2. Android r60
    3. Fingerprint brightness flickering - addressed
    4. Webview 106.x

Dirty flashing on a previous release is fine

Download rom V25 VANILLA: Here

Download rom V25 FULL: Here

September 7. New release V-24: major update

1. September security patches
    2. Android r59

3.Ability to change clock size in statusbar and quicksettings
    4. Rom is now compatible with Magisk 25 and Lsposed
    5. Fingerprint enrollment fixed

Dirty flashing is fine on previous releases

Download rom V-24 VANILLA: Here

Download rom V-24 FULL: Here

August 7. New release V-23

1. August security patches
    2. Android r58
    3. 5G network options in OneplusSettings

Dirty flashing is fine on a previous release

Download rom V-23 VANILLA: Here

Download rom V-23 FULL: Here

July 8. New release V-22

1. July security patches
    2. Android r57
    3. Clear clipboard quick setting toggle
    4. Metro audio player
    5. Many under the hood improvements

Download rom V-22 FULL: Here

Download rom V-22 VANILLA: Here

June 7. New release V-21:

1. Bootlooping introduced in V20.1 has been fixed (confirmed)
    2. June security patches
    3. Android r56
    4. Automatic sleep/suspend mode (scheduled by a user) in Settings/Battery
    5. 'Internet permission missing' issue with several apps fixed. Now, all apps including Googleplay, as well as third party apps, have no problems connecting to the internet (no F/C)
    6. Automatic brightness fluctuation fixed
    7. One shot auto brightness
    8. In call volume increased

Dirty flashing is fine on a previous release

Download rom V21-VANILLA: Here

Download rom V21-FULL: Here

Download recovery: Here

May 11. New release V-20.1

1. Redone adaptive brightness
    2. Call recording (bug introduced in V-20) fixed
    3. Captive portal: added 3 options Standard (Google), Alternative and Disabled) and moved to Settings/Network
    4. Fingerprint icons and colors made more transparent, so, now fingerpint works flawlessly.

As always, dirty flashing is fine on previous releases

Download rom V-20.1 VANILLA: Here

Download rom V-20.1 FULL: Here

Download Recovery: Recovery

May 6, New release V-20

1. May security patches
    2. Android r55
    3. Fixed recovery to allow installing zips with non-Jaguar signature (Magisk). Recovery will install automatically: just reboot.

Dirty flashing is fine on a previous release:

Download rom V20-VANILLA: Here

Download rom V20-FULL: Here

April 30. New release

1. Wakelock blockers in kernel
    2. Jaguar version is now displayed in About phone
    3. Choice for temperature units F/C for lockscreen battery info
    4. A bunch of other under the hood improvements
    5. Fixes array mismatch in fingerprint

Dirty flashing is fine

Download rom Vanilla version: Here

Download rom Full version: Here

April 16. New release V-19.1:

1. AOD is fully working (see screenshot Here)

2. Experimental feature: toggle to spoof Pixel to get unlimited storage for Google Photos (in Settings/Accessibility)

Dirty flashing on a previous release is fine.

Download V-19.1-VANILLA: Here

Download V-19.1-FULL: Here

Recovery: Here

April 7: New release V-19

This version fixes Safetynet issues with Magisk 24.3, confirmed by a Oneplus 8 user: here

1. April security patches
    2. Google r54
    3. Switched to AOSP webview 100.x
    4. Should work with Zgisk
    5. Seedvault is back

Dirty flash is fine on a previous release

Download rom V-19 FULL: Here

Download rom V-19 VANILLA: Here

Download recovery: Here

March 12, Full version release

1. March security patches
    2. Android r53
    3. User build
    4. Updated kernel
    5. Options to choose between Bromite and Vanadium webivew

Download rom V-18 Full version: HERE

Download rom V-18 Vanilla version: Here

February 19. New release V-17

1. February security patches
    2. Android r52
    3. New recovery
    4. Toggle to hide statusbar clock (when launcher is active)
    5. Toggle to enable torch blinking on incoming calls
    6. Display calibration section in Settings/Display

Dirty flashing on top of a previous release is fine.

Download rom V-17: HERE
    Boot/Recovery: HERE

Vendor_boot isn't required.
    February 19. New release V-17

1. February security patches
    2. Android r52
    3. New recovery
    4. Toggle to hide statusbar clock (when launcher is active)
    5. Toggle to enable torch blinking on incoming calls
    6. Display calibration section in Settings/Display

Download in post #3.