Development [ROM][11]JAGUAR ONEPLUS 9 OFFICIAL V43 updated April 6, 2024

Search This thread

Rfdom

Nov 8, 2021
OnePlus 8T
This has been fixed in V25. Reset Jaguar settings in Rom control circle with arrow icon and reboot. This does not touch data.
I have found the problem. It's actually the screen off FOD. Cause when I touch the fingerprint area when the screen is off, it shows the fingerprint icon after several attempts. Unfortunately there is no option in the settings to turn off screen off FOD. Please consider adding the option in the next release. Thanks in Advance

Elerir9

Oct 7, 2016
OnePlus 9
Alright.
I didn't do any ROM changes since my old Nexus 5 and it turns out that flashing has changed since then (slot A, B)
Also i'm running OOS 12 so i'll have to follow guides to downgrade

I might give it a try, thanks again !

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
November 9. New release V26:

1. November security patches
2. Android r61
3. Dialer, Contacts, Calendar and Calculator are aligned with system-wide accents
4. Screen flickering leftovers on FOD unlock are completely gone
5. Smart pixels no longer disable permissions
6. Toggle to turn on/off screenshot saving (Settings/Privacy)
7. Webview to .107

Download in post #3.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vmo x

Rfdom

Nov 8, 2021
OnePlus 8T
November 9. New release V26:

1. November security patches
2. Android r61
3. Dialer, Contacts, Calendar and Calculator are aligned with system-wide accents
4. Screen flickering leftovers on FOD unlock are completely gone
5. Smart pixels no longer disable permissions
6. Toggle to turn on/off screenshot saving (Settings/Privacy)
7. Webview to .107

Download in post #3.
Screen off FOD bug is still there :(

rawello

Dec 5, 2022
wassup, ROM can extended screenshot (long screenshot) at landscape orientation? and what about SOT/average all day battery backup?

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
December 7. New release V-27

1. December security patches
2. Android r62
3. Full internal Firewall (In Settings/Network & Internet)
4. Multi-resolution for Gcam
5. Background notification opacity
6. Webview to 108
7. Reworked Connectivity settings: make sure it is OFF in Settings/Network & Internet, then toggle airplane mode OFF/On.

Download in post #3.

Last edited:

solfly7

Jan 5, 2010
Ariz.
volitionarmament.com
I seem to be experiencing a sound issue. Hard to explain, but I'll try. Occasionally notifications and, alarm and phone calls do not come through the speaker. I can hear it most of the time but it's like being on a phone call with xpesker off. Sometimes even happens during a phone call. When phone is on speaker, I still have to hold it to my ear to have the conversation as if the speaker were off. If I turn the speaker off, I can barely hear the other person. Any thoughts would be grateful. I've checked all sound settings and don't see anything unusual.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
I seem to be experiencing a sound issue. Hard to explain, but I'll try. Occasionally notifications and, alarm and phone calls do not come through the speaker. I can hear it most of the time but it's like being on a phone call with xpesker off. Sometimes even happens during a phone call. When phone is on speaker, I still have to hold it to my ear to have the conversation as if the speaker were off. If I turn the speaker off, I can barely hear the other person. Any thoughts would be grateful. I've checked all sound settings and don't see anything unusual.
Does reboot get rid of it? Do you have any module/mode installed?

solfly7

Jan 5, 2010
Ariz.
volitionarmament.com
Disable microg and try.
I think I may have figured it out. My storage was filling up and while going through everything and moving media to computer I noticed that viper4android was still installed. I had recently tried to use the magisk module but couldn't get the driver to install so I removed the module. I wanted a little more volume on my speaker, it's sounds low sometimes. I uninstalled viper and so far the speaker anc earpiece are working when they should. I will report back tomorrow after work. Oh, it was telegram caching 60gb on my phone, so storage problem fixed as well.

solfly7

Jan 5, 2010
Ariz.
volitionarmament.com
I think I may have figured it out. My storage was filling up and while going through everything and moving media to computer I noticed that viper4android was still installed. I had recently tried to use the magisk module but couldn't get the driver to install so I removed the module. I wanted a little more volume on my speaker, it's sounds low sometimes. I uninstalled viper and so far the speaker anc earpiece are working when they should. I will report back tomorrow after work. Oh, it was telegram caching 60gb on my phone, so storage problem fixed as well.
OK... It seemed to be fine most of the day, and then notifications started coming in through the internal speaker instead of external speaker. I rebooted and it works normal again. I have just disabled micro-G module to see if that helps.

solfly7

Jan 5, 2010
Ariz.
volitionarmament.com
OK... It seemed to be fine most of the day, and then notifications started coming in through the internal speaker instead of external speaker. I rebooted and it works normal again. I have just disabled micro-G module to see if that helps...... Ran for about an hr, made 2 phone calls on speaker phone and now my notifications are not coming through the speaker. A reboot does bring it back until I use the phone.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
OK... It seemed to be fine most of the day, and then notifications started coming in through the internal speaker instead of external speaker. I rebooted and it works normal again. I have just disabled micro-G module to see if that helps...... Ran for about an hr, made 2 phone calls on speaker phone and now my notifications are not coming through the speaker. A reboot does bring it back until I use the phone.
Apparently this was introduced in one of Google security patches. I notice they reversed it in January release. So, we'll see.

solfly7

Jan 5, 2010
Ariz.
volitionarmament.com
Copy that. Thank you. I did a factory reset and clean flash and the issue is still there. A rooboot does fix it until you make or get a phone call, then all notifications go to earpiece. I ll just wait for the update, appreciate your time.
Apparently this was introduced in one of Google security patches. I notice they reversed it in January release. So, we'll see.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    April 6. New Release V43

1. April security patches
    2. Updated webview
    3. Alarm clock should be fixed
    4. Offline charging fixed

Download in post #3.
    TELEGRAM CHANNEL ADDED: HERE
    TELEGRAM CHAT GROUP:
    HERE

Backup chat group at Matrix: #JaguarOS:nitro.chat

Jaguar is available on locked bootloader with working root (Magisk)

SAFETYNET IINSTRUCTIONS: Here

You can actually use alarm when the phone is shut down. It would boot 2 minutes prior to scheduled time and trigger the alarm on time

This is official build of Jaguar Rom.

I have been building Android roms since 2012 for various devices including multiple Sonys, Lenovo Zuk, Oneplus 3, Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 6 and Oneplus 8 series. You can check my Oneplus 8 or Oneplus 8T or Oneplus 6 or Oneplus 6T or Oneplus 8 Pro or Oneplus 9 Pro threads.

Jaguar rom is focused on hardening of AndroidOS and kernel. As such, the rom has hardened bionic, art, framework and tightened security. It is also built with global 'optimize for speed', as opposed to 'optimize for size' flag, which makes it faster, but larger in size.

The rom is in 16th release for Oneplus 6, 6T and 8 series, and therefore hard-rock stable with all bugs ironed some time ago. Everything works... .

Why not Android 12? Because I am not in the habit of posting undercooked releases. In my experience, Android new releases don't become stable until r40+. Why? Ask Google. My take is: their main product is selling user data, so, everything else is on the back burner. So, not yet...

1 Rom control with custom Power options, Statusbar, Buttons, Navbar, Quicksettings, Lockscreen, Notifications, Gestures, Themes etc...

2. Heavily modified Art, Bionic System/Vold and System/Security

3. Telephony response to Type Zero sms ('silently acknowledged') disabled

4. Toggle to disable Captive Portal logging.

5. Speakerphone proximity sensor toggle - could be set to automatically switch to speaker when not at the ear

6. IMEI and phone numbers hidden in About menu

7. Built-in encrypted DNS providers, such as: Cloudflare (US); LibreDns (Germany); AdguardDns (Cyprus); and PowerDns (Netherlands)

8. Wakelock and Alarmblocker

9. Fully working Call recording with the button visible in Dialer

10. Deskclock app modified to work with PowerOn alarm. The app will boot the phone 2 minutes before scheduled time to trigger the alarm on time

11. Default Dark mode

12. All regular customizations plus. You tell me which feature is missing.
    For newest features/changes, see post #3.

Install instructions (for first time use): Revised as of December 7, 2023 for easier installation and to preserve L1 DRM certificate

OOS 11 in both slots. If you are coming from OOS 12 or 13, use this method:

1. MSM tool to OOS 11, which will go to Slot A. Boot, then go to fastboot and unlock bootloader. Connect to the Internet once booted and do one OTA update, which should get you the latest OOS 11 in Slot B

2. Boot TWRP 3.6 or 3.7 image. Immediately flash corresponding TWRP installer zip (DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL TWRP WITHIN THE APP); factory reset (right button where you have to enter 'Yes' to confrim), and boot into OOS. You are now in slot B

Now, use step 3 or 3(a) which will update SlotA (in 3a you won't need Lineage's copy partition)

3. Back to TWRP: Flash Lineage's copy partition zip (link here) to update Slot A. Do NOT change slots manually

3(a). If you don't want to use Lineage's copy partition, there is another method after step2:
    Download the latest OOS 11 zip from General section, put it on internal storage and do local update, which will update SlotA.

4. Back to TWRP: Flash Jaguar, flash TWRP installer (again), factory reset and boot into Jaguar

If you need Magisk, reboot into TWRP and flash the latest Magisk. apk. Boot, you will get a prompt to reinstall: pick direct install and follow directions.

Jaguar Updates: Flash with TWRP, Flash TWRP installer (if you forget, you will lose it), reboot in TWRP and flash Magisk No need to wipe anything when upgrading

All releases are in post #3 the latest at the top

XDA:DevDB Information

JAGUAR R, ROM for the OnePlus 9

Contributors
    optimumpro

Special thanks to @iaio72 for patient testing: took a lot of flashing and logcat submission until he said and I am quotting: 'Everything works perfectly'. :)

Kernel Source Code: HERE

ROM OS Version: 11.x R
    ROM Kernel: Linux 5.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OOS11 in both slots
    Based On: AOSP/Lineage/DirtyUnicorn/Crdroid

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2021-01-26

Created: 2022-02-06
    Updated: 2024-04-06

Credit: AOSP, Lineage, DU, Crdroid, CalyxOS
    April 6. New Release V43

1. April security patches
    2. Updated webview
    3. Alarm clock should be fixed
    4. Offline charging fixed

Download in post #3.
    March 6. New Release V42

1. March security patches

2. Updated webview
    3. Shelter profile redone: browsers no longer crash in work profiles
    4. Toggles to share data between profiles and work hours to disable work profiles at user preset hours
    5. Multi-user mode: regular user can fully run including mobile data which has always been crippled by Google. Now, you can run as a regular user in a safer environment
    6. Remaining icons shown black on black in QS fixed
    7. 8 new Volte icons to total of 12
    8. New Jaguar logo (replaces cheetah)
    9. New Rom Control icon
    10. Smart charging should now work

Download in post #3.
    September 7. New release V-24: major update

1. September security patches
    2. Android r59

3.Ability to change clock size in statusbar and quicksettings
    4. Rom is now compatible with Magisk 25 and Lsposed
    5. Fingerprint enrollment fixed

Download in post #3.
    The rom could be used on locked bootloader with ROOT (donate feature) with or without Gapps.

The benefits of LOCKED BOOTLOADER combined with WORKING AVB-2 protection are:

Get your DRM L1 certificate back. Most banking apps (if not all) will work with or without Magisk: you cimply get a warning 'your devices is rooted', but you can proceed to login

Security: Nobody and nothing can modify Kernel, Recovery and Virtual Partitions without triggering a red screen of death with the message 'your device is corrupted and cannot boot'.

At that point, the only option is to unlock bootloader. But, if a user had previously disabled OEM unlock in Developer settings, then unlocking becomes unavailable, and so does flashing via fastboot. In other words, if your phone gets into the hands of an adversary, their only option is to use MSM tool to make the phone work again, but no access to your data or any other partition.

The rom will allow you to flash Magisk and Gapps on locked bootloader.

Some screenshots of the rom (from Oneplus 8 thread): HERE