Development [ROM][11]JAGUAR ONEPLUS 9 OFFICIAL V43 updated April 6, 2024

Search This thread

EtherealRemnant

So I flashed this ROM last night and after setting it up, I definitely like it a lot but there are some issues I can't figure out.

-When doing the initial setup when it asks if you have a Jaguar backup, I said I did, and setup crashed. I don't actually have a backup but just something I noticed.

-Sometimes the Play Store just randomly crashes and I will get a notification that it has repeatedly crashed.

-I can't get the AOD to work properly. I can turn it on all the time but I can't seem to get the behavior I desire which is to only have it activate when I pick up or tap my phone.

-When toggling WiFi or mobile network settings between 4G and 5G, Android crashed and re-sprung the first time I toggled them. It seems to be fine now though.

-When on 5G SA, the phone only shows 1 bar even though the signal is stronger than my LTE signal, with SA being around -90 and LTE being around 10dB worse. It also doesn't ever seem to want to hang on to the signal and never connects to n41 so I am getting no speed benefit from 5G.

-I can get 5G to work on my T-Mobile based SIM but it doesn't work at all on my Verizon-based SIM.

Last edited:

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
So I flashed this ROM last night and after setting it up, I definitely like it a lot but there are some issues I can't figure out.

-When doing the initial setup when it asks if you have a Jaguar backup, I said I did, and setup crashed. I don't actually have a backup but just something I noticed.

-Sometimes the Play Store just randomly crashes and I will get a notification that it has repeatedly crashed.

-I can't get the AOD to work properly. I can turn it on all the time but I can't seem to get the behavior I desire which is to only have it activate when I pick up or tap my phone.

-When toggling WiFi or mobile network settings between 4G and 5G, Android crashed and re-sprung the first time I toggled them. It seems to be fine now though.

-When on 5G SA, the phone only shows 1 bar even though the signal is stronger than my LTE signal, with SA being around -90 and LTE being around 10dB worse. It also doesn't ever seem to want to hang on to the signal and never connects to n41 so I am getting no speed benefit from 5G.

-I can get 5G to work on my T-Mobile based SIM but it doesn't work at all on my Verizon-based SIM.
1. Setup wizard is a part of Gapps, i.e., not a part of the rom. So, to set up things, you needed to say No to backup.

2. AOD: you need to access AOD features in Settings/DisplayLockscreen/Ambient display. There you will have working options for pickup, pocket, wakeup etc. Options in Settings/Romcontrol don't work on all devices.

3. For Playstore crashes: you need to use Zgisk + modules to pass Safetynet. Also, check permissions: must be enabled for all Gapps.

4. You are not going to have steady 5G on Verizon, because it is available only to their own (branded) devices. All others are scaled down. In my humble view, Verizon wireless is a sh..ty service. I ditched them 20+ years ago, when right before traveling to Italy, I called Verizon and asked if my phone (a 2 pound brick) would work in Italy. They assured me: Yes, 100%. Not only the phone didn't work at all (No service), but it was 5 times bigger than Italian phones, which used digital services already. Italians looked at me as though I came from the 19th century. So, when I came back, I switched to Omnipoint, which was later bought by T-Mobile. For about 10 years, not only my phone worked all over the world, but I also was getting free incoming calls in most countries.

Last edited:
Reactions: EtherealRemnant

EtherealRemnant

1. Setup wizard is a part of Gapps, i.e., not a part of the rom. So, to set up things, you needed to say No to backup.

2. AOD: you need to access AOD features in Settings/DisplayLockscreen/Ambient display. There you will have working options for pickup, pocket, wakeup etc. Options in Settings/Romcontrol don't work on all devices.

3. For Playstore crashes: you need to use Zgisk + modules to pass Safetynet. Also, check permissions: must be enabled for all Gapps.

4. You are not going to have steady 5G on Verizon, because it is available only to their own (branded) devices. All others are scaled down. In my humble view, Verizon wireless is a sh..ty. I ditched them 20+ years ago, when right before traveling to Italy, I called Verizon and asked if my phone (a 2 pound brick) would work in Italy. They assured me: Yes, 100%. Not only the phone didn't work at all (No service), but it was 5 times bigger than Italian phones, which used digital services already. Italians looked at me as though I came from the 19th century. So, when I came back, I switched to Omnipoint, which was later bought by T-Mobile. For about 10 years, not only my phone worked all over the world, but I also was getting free incoming calls in most countries.
1) Gotcha. Figured since the name was customized it might actually work. I hate having to set everything up from scratch lol.

2) I have turned those settings on and it still doesn't work. It only works if I turn it on all the time and the battery penalty from that is too much.

3) I didn't flash Magisk and everything else is working fine. I can even use Security Service FCU which is my most picky banking app and won't even let me log in if it detects anything. I do see that Play Store is not certified though and yeah, that will cause problems. No idea why it hasn't up til now with any of my apps. I hate messing with Magisk but I guess I don't have a choice.

4) Verizon does suck. They're so bad here it's almost comical. T-Mobile's n41 can push 200+ all day, so can AT&T's LTE, but Verizon you're lucky to get 20 at 2AM. I have an Xfinity Mobile SIM for the $200 bonus they offered so I stuck it in just to see. While my 12 Pro Max jumps on 5G nationwide and stays there, my OnePlus has always been picky, but usually it will hop on if I toggle airplane mode and I wasn't able to trigger it at all on this ROM. Not a big deal to me, just something I noticed.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
1) Gotcha. Figured since the name was customized it might actually work. I hate having to set everything up from scratch lol.

2) I have turned those settings on and it still doesn't work. It only works if I turn it on all the time and the battery penalty from that is too much.

3) I didn't flash Magisk and everything else is working fine. I can even use Security Service FCU which is my most picky banking app and won't even let me log in if it detects anything. I do see that Play Store is not certified though and yeah, that will cause problems. No idea why it hasn't up til now with any of my apps. I hate messing with Magisk but I guess I don't have a choice.

4) Verizon does suck. They're so bad here it's almost comical. T-Mobile's n41 can push 200+ all day, so can AT&T's LTE, but Verizon you're lucky to get 20 at 2AM. I have an Xfinity Mobile SIM for the $200 bonus they offered so I stuck it in just to see. While my 12 Pro Max jumps on 5G nationwide and stays there, my OnePlus has always been picky, but usually it will hop on if I toggle airplane mode and I wasn't able to trigger it at all on this ROM. Not a big deal to me, just something I noticed.
For pickup notifications to work, you must enable ambient display in display/lockscreen and pick among 2 options. AOD must be disabled. All pickup/pocket toggles in Romcontrol/Notifications must be turned off. That's how I have it on my Oneplus 8 and it works.

Edit: Ambient display doesn't take much of a battery, but AOD does.

Reactions: EtherealRemnant

EtherealRemnant

For pickup notifications to work, you must enable ambient display in display/lockscreen and pick among 2 options. AOD must be disabled. All pickup/pocket toggles in Romcontrol/Notifications must be turned off. That's how I have it on my Oneplus 8 and it works.

Edit: Ambient display doesn't take much of a battery, but AOD does.
I toggled everything on and back off again, still wasn't working. Rebooted the device and it's working now, thanks.

I guess I will have to mess with Magisk later. I still have another 100 or so apps I have to install and configure since I couldn't restore my backup. 😅

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
April 30. New release

1. Wakelock blockers in kernel
2. Jaguar version is now displayed in About phone
3. Choice for temperature units F/C for lockscreen battery info
4. A bunch of other under the hood improvements
5. Fixes array mismatch in fingerprint

Download in post #3.

jumis

Dec 28, 2016
Unfortunately, after the flash, the unit turned into a brick. Only the message "crushdump device" was shown, the phone only entered fastboot mode.
I am using Windows 11 and I have some problem with drivers, in "device manager" after entering "fast boot" mode. There are no drivers fully installed although I have installed them. I had to use the MSM tool
Bez tytułu.png

jshinn1

Nov 6, 2011
OnePlus 9
Google Pixel 6
Unfortunately, after the flash, the unit turned into a brick. Only the message "crushdump device" was shown, the phone only entered fastboot mode.
I am using Windows 11 and I have some problem with drivers, in "device manager" after entering "fast boot" mode. There are no drivers fully installed although I have installed them. I had to use the MSM tool
View attachment 5603947
I had the same issue when I flashed, both the vanilla and full ROM...steps I followed

* MSM back to stock
*Local upgrade to 11.2.10
*Unlocked Bootloader and after reboot, fastboot flash Boot.img
*Adb sideload ROM, then factory reset
*Reboot to system
*After Bootloader warning screen goes black then after a minute or so shows Qualcomm crash dump

Not sure where I went wrong but obviously I messed up somewhere lol

I didn't MSM.though once I got back to Fastboot I just flash another recovery and flashed one of the A12 ROMS. I'd love to jump on this one though

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
I had the same issue when I flashed, both the vanilla and full ROM...steps I followed

* MSM back to stock
*Local upgrade to 11.2.10
*Unlocked Bootloader and after reboot, fastboot flash Boot.img
*Adb sideload ROM, then factory reset
*Reboot to system
*After Bootloader warning screen goes black then after a minute or so shows Qualcomm crash dump

Not sure where I went wrong but obviously I messed up somewhere lol

I didn't MSM.though once I got back to Fastboot I just flash another recovery and flashed one of the A12 ROMS. I'd love to jump on this one though
View attachment 5603947
There is only one reason you could get qualcom crash: improper downgrade from OOS-12.

Don't you need to use Oneplus's downgrade zip?

Both of you have only one working slot. That explains why in one case you went to 'another A12' rom and booted: Jaguar was installed into a non-working slot. Your A12 rom went into the working slot. Next time when you flash something, you won't boot again.

In another case (jumis), you had a previous release of Jaguar in the working slot, and with the latest update, the rom went to the non working one.

Last edited:
Reactions: jumis and jshinn1

jshinn1

Nov 6, 2011
OnePlus 9
Google Pixel 6
There is only one reason you could get qualcom crash: improper downgrade from OOS-12.

Both of you have only one working slot. That explains why in one case you went to 'another A12' rom and booted: Jaguar was installed into a non-working slot. Your A12 rom went into the working slot. Next time when you flash something, you won't boot again.

In another case (jumis), you had a previous release of Jaguar in the working slot, and with the latest update, the rom went to the non working one.
Ahhhh ok makes sense now, I'll probably make another attempt later today. Thanks

jumis

Dec 28, 2016

I just did flaSH on the wrong slot. I think right? "

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
I just did flaSH on the wrong slot. I think right? "
The 'wrong' slot is the one that doesn't have OOS-11. Hence, that slot can't support custom roms. When you flash roms, slots get changed on each flash. So, when you get to a slot that has OOS-11, you can boot. The next flash, the rom goes to the slot that has no OOS and you get bumped to bootloader or black screen. So, from black screen, go to recovery and flash Jaguar and you will boot. After that, boot official TWRP (from fastboot) and flash OOS-11. This time, it will go to the slot that didn't have it before. After that, you are set to flash any custom rom.

Reactions: jumis

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
May 6, New release V-20

1. May security patches
2. Android r55
3. Fixed recovery to allow installing zips with non-Jaguar signature (Magisk). Recovery will install automatically: just reboot.

Download in post #3.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
May 11. New release V-20.1

1. Redone adaptive brightness
2. Call recording (bug introduced in V-20) fixed
3. Captive portal: added 3 options Standard (Google), Alternative and Disabled) and moved to Settings/Network
4. Fingerprint icons and colors made more transparent, so, now fingerpint works flawlessly.

Download in post #3.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
June 7. New release V-21:

1. Bootlooping introduced in V20.1 has been fixed (confirmed)
2. June security patches
3. Android r56
4. Automatic sleep/suspend mode (scheduled by a user) in Settings/Battery
5. 'Internet permission missing' issue with several apps fixed. Now, all apps including Googleplay, as well as third party apps, have no problems connecting to the internet (no F/C)
6. Automatic brightness fluctuation fixed
7. One shot auto brightness
8. In call volume increased

Download in post #3

sunyakram

I'm using this rom from last 10 days,
Good rom control features,
Battery timing is also better .

But I'm also facing some issues .

1st .
Sometimes screen goes to sleep but not wake on double tap or power button , I can turn torch by long pressing power button or volume rocker but cant wake phone . Sometimes long pressing power but reboots it and everything works fine.

2nd .
Battery charge speed is good at start but after 90% it goes down to 200ma ,maybe I've messed up with the charging settings .

3rd.
Sometimes Call of duty can't access internet , but sometimes I can play .
Application's internet access settings are ON.
Fingerprint scanner is bit lazy (I'm usin a screen protector ).

Please help me .
Thanks for good Rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    April 6. New Release V43

1. April security patches
    2. Updated webview
    3. Alarm clock should be fixed
    4. Offline charging fixed

Download in post #3.
    TELEGRAM CHANNEL ADDED: HERE
    TELEGRAM CHAT GROUP:
    HERE

Backup chat group at Matrix: #JaguarOS:nitro.chat

Jaguar is available on locked bootloader with working root (Magisk)

SAFETYNET IINSTRUCTIONS: Here

You can actually use alarm when the phone is shut down. It would boot 2 minutes prior to scheduled time and trigger the alarm on time

This is official build of Jaguar Rom.

I have been building Android roms since 2012 for various devices including multiple Sonys, Lenovo Zuk, Oneplus 3, Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 6 and Oneplus 8 series. You can check my Oneplus 8 or Oneplus 8T or Oneplus 6 or Oneplus 6T or Oneplus 8 Pro or Oneplus 9 Pro threads.

Jaguar rom is focused on hardening of AndroidOS and kernel. As such, the rom has hardened bionic, art, framework and tightened security. It is also built with global 'optimize for speed', as opposed to 'optimize for size' flag, which makes it faster, but larger in size.

The rom is in 16th release for Oneplus 6, 6T and 8 series, and therefore hard-rock stable with all bugs ironed some time ago. Everything works... .

Why not Android 12? Because I am not in the habit of posting undercooked releases. In my experience, Android new releases don't become stable until r40+. Why? Ask Google. My take is: their main product is selling user data, so, everything else is on the back burner. So, not yet...

1 Rom control with custom Power options, Statusbar, Buttons, Navbar, Quicksettings, Lockscreen, Notifications, Gestures, Themes etc...

2. Heavily modified Art, Bionic System/Vold and System/Security

3. Telephony response to Type Zero sms ('silently acknowledged') disabled

4. Toggle to disable Captive Portal logging.

5. Speakerphone proximity sensor toggle - could be set to automatically switch to speaker when not at the ear

6. IMEI and phone numbers hidden in About menu

7. Built-in encrypted DNS providers, such as: Cloudflare (US); LibreDns (Germany); AdguardDns (Cyprus); and PowerDns (Netherlands)

8. Wakelock and Alarmblocker

9. Fully working Call recording with the button visible in Dialer

10. Deskclock app modified to work with PowerOn alarm. The app will boot the phone 2 minutes before scheduled time to trigger the alarm on time

11. Default Dark mode

12. All regular customizations plus. You tell me which feature is missing.
    For newest features/changes, see post #3.

Install instructions (for first time use): Revised as of December 7, 2023 for easier installation and to preserve L1 DRM certificate

OOS 11 in both slots. If you are coming from OOS 12 or 13, use this method:

1. MSM tool to OOS 11, which will go to Slot A. Boot, then go to fastboot and unlock bootloader. Connect to the Internet once booted and do one OTA update, which should get you the latest OOS 11 in Slot B

2. Boot TWRP 3.6 or 3.7 image. Immediately flash corresponding TWRP installer zip (DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL TWRP WITHIN THE APP); factory reset (right button where you have to enter 'Yes' to confrim), and boot into OOS. You are now in slot B

Now, use step 3 or 3(a) which will update SlotA (in 3a you won't need Lineage's copy partition)

3. Back to TWRP: Flash Lineage's copy partition zip (link here) to update Slot A. Do NOT change slots manually

3(a). If you don't want to use Lineage's copy partition, there is another method after step2:
    Download the latest OOS 11 zip from General section, put it on internal storage and do local update, which will update SlotA.

4. Back to TWRP: Flash Jaguar, flash TWRP installer (again), factory reset and boot into Jaguar

If you need Magisk, reboot into TWRP and flash the latest Magisk. apk. Boot, you will get a prompt to reinstall: pick direct install and follow directions.

Jaguar Updates: Flash with TWRP, Flash TWRP installer (if you forget, you will lose it), reboot in TWRP and flash Magisk No need to wipe anything when upgrading

All releases are in post #3 the latest at the top

XDA:DevDB Information

JAGUAR R, ROM for the OnePlus 9

Contributors
    optimumpro

Special thanks to @iaio72 for patient testing: took a lot of flashing and logcat submission until he said and I am quotting: 'Everything works perfectly'. :)

Kernel Source Code: HERE

ROM OS Version: 11.x R
    ROM Kernel: Linux 5.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OOS11 in both slots
    Based On: AOSP/Lineage/DirtyUnicorn/Crdroid

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2021-01-26

Created: 2022-02-06
    Updated: 2024-04-06

Credit: AOSP, Lineage, DU, Crdroid, CalyxOS
    April 6. New Release V43

1. April security patches
    2. Updated webview
    3. Alarm clock should be fixed
    4. Offline charging fixed

Download in post #3.
    March 6. New Release V42

1. March security patches

2. Updated webview
    3. Shelter profile redone: browsers no longer crash in work profiles
    4. Toggles to share data between profiles and work hours to disable work profiles at user preset hours
    5. Multi-user mode: regular user can fully run including mobile data which has always been crippled by Google. Now, you can run as a regular user in a safer environment
    6. Remaining icons shown black on black in QS fixed
    7. 8 new Volte icons to total of 12
    8. New Jaguar logo (replaces cheetah)
    9. New Rom Control icon
    10. Smart charging should now work

Download in post #3.
    September 7. New release V-24: major update

1. September security patches
    2. Android r59

3.Ability to change clock size in statusbar and quicksettings
    4. Rom is now compatible with Magisk 25 and Lsposed
    5. Fingerprint enrollment fixed

Download in post #3.
    The rom could be used on locked bootloader with ROOT (donate feature) with or without Gapps.

The benefits of LOCKED BOOTLOADER combined with WORKING AVB-2 protection are:

Get your DRM L1 certificate back. Most banking apps (if not all) will work with or without Magisk: you cimply get a warning 'your devices is rooted', but you can proceed to login

Security: Nobody and nothing can modify Kernel, Recovery and Virtual Partitions without triggering a red screen of death with the message 'your device is corrupted and cannot boot'.

At that point, the only option is to unlock bootloader. But, if a user had previously disabled OEM unlock in Developer settings, then unlocking becomes unavailable, and so does flashing via fastboot. In other words, if your phone gets into the hands of an adversary, their only option is to use MSM tool to make the phone work again, but no access to your data or any other partition.

The rom will allow you to flash Magisk and Gapps on locked bootloader.

Some screenshots of the rom (from Oneplus 8 thread): HERE