[ROM][11.1] AICP 16.1 [03/06/2021][WEEKLY]

Search This thread
Aug 27, 2019
I have uploaded my last unofficial build with last aicp r11.1 updates, asb_2022-06.

Thank you for sharing that build with us!
Can it be applied as update to the official builds?
It's nice to have security updates one last time before the search for a ROM replacement begins...

Aug 27, 2019
Yes can flash over official build, always make a backup before flash
I always make a backup before flashing. Which is why I'm more or less limited to A11 ROMs right now. Haven't found a way to make a full backup from the phone with A12 and without a computer.
And that in turn made me very sad when I saw that AICP support for raphael was stopped :(
But I'm very grateful for the great work and the good time I had with it.
...still haven't found a good replacement though... any recommendations? If that's considered off-topic in such a thread, please send me a message, if you have such a recommendation :)

cris2d2

Feb 22, 2009
Sibiu
Amazing A11 ROM for our device! And it got Slim Recents 😱 . Bye bye, Android 12.

I couldn't find and I wonder if there's an option to show brightness slider on non expanded QS panel (always show)?!

Another thing: is there a way to disable keyboard chooser from the navbar left when only one keyboard is enabled?

Of course, these are customisation options and I can live without them.

👍👍👍

trelokeeper

Jun 29, 2014
Nokia Lumia 920
Sony Xperia Z1

iTalisman

BlackCommando

Feb 12, 2014
Thank you @diegocr for the link.
Great ROM, much better battery life than EvoX A11 and any A12 rom. GCam 8.4 from BSG works great.
@diegocr could you please keep patching the rom, or even give some instructions so we can do it manually?
A12 Roms give me like half of the battery life A11 or A10 Roms give. I don't know what people like so much about A12 that they are fine with such battery life and bugs.

trelokeeper

Jun 29, 2014
Nokia Lumia 920
Sony Xperia Z1
Outstanding battery life with the proper wakelocks blocked. The battery has done 800 cycles already.
Note that this day I did not use any mobile data. Wifi was on all day long, and Bluetooth was on for half of the day.
Still, impressive
SAVE_20220905_231742.jpg

cris2d2

Feb 22, 2009
Sibiu
Outstanding battery life with the proper wakelocks blocked. The battery has done 800 cycles already.
Note that this day I did not use any mobile data. Wifi was on all day long, and Bluetooth was on for half of the day.
Still, impressive
If it's not a secret, would you mind sharing the wakelocks you blocked?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There you go. Some blocks might be useless. Also I think there is still room for improovement.

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Android Lollipop, the ROM has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
    With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS) we became LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP and then changed to be based on the "Ground Zero Open Source Project" (GZOSP) for Android Pie.
    We changed again for Android Q-R with a base of AOSP repositories and some additions from LineageOS for device specific repositories.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out, if it concerns our code base. This ROM isn't LineageOS supported, so there is no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
    */

features.png

Feature list (rough overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

GZOSP team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    @maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
    DU team
    Resurrection Remix team
    AOSiP team
    Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @Miccia
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build weeklies and everything that comes with this, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

downloads.png

Release Version 16.1

Download link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

Gapps: https://nikgapps.com[/B][/SIZE]

Please note that official builds will be deleted from our servers every month due to maintenance services.
    We advise everyone to keep at least the latest or best working build on their device as a backup.
    Maybe copy it to a cloud service or USB too.

changelog.png

Full Changelog link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/
    (Just click the changelog button next to the download link in the list of builds available for your device)

issues.png

You tell... :p

FAQ:
    Before using the ROM:
    Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
    A. Yes, just look here to see what day your device is built on.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels officially?
    A. No. You can still use them, but discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Q. Why doesn't this ROM support Xposed?
    A. Xposed is a hack that is geared towards AOSP. Custom ROMs modify the framework a lot, so Xposed can cause a ton of issues on custom ROMs. Now it might work for you, however it is not to be discussed in this thread, and you should refrain from posting bug reports.

Q. Alright, but I still want to flash Xposed, so which version do I need to install?
    A. Information about Xposed, EdXposed or Riru Core can be obtained from the XPosed General forums .

Flashing the ROM:
    Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
    A. Check the flashing instructions...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
    A. Yes, this is the usual behaviour on flashing a new official build by (or using) the build-in updater service.

Q. How do I 'dirty flash' builds?
    A. Wipe the System, Cache and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, GApps (only needed if you wipe the system), your preferred root solution and reboot. Or just use the OTA app to preform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
    A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot" as the destination, then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to loose root and reboot.
    A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to loose root. Now swipe to flash and reboot afterwards.

Using the ROM:

Q. I installed a bad theme and now I'm getting a bootloop, how do I fix it?
    A. In TWRP, flash the substratum rescue zip that's in the substratum folder on the internal storage.

Q. I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
    A. Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
    A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat AND the model name. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.)

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
    A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
    A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section in the AICP Extras main page.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android R. You don't need to install any Add-ons, simply download the latest ROM and GApps, then follow the flashing instructions and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM Zipfile.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine though.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know!)
    1. Wipe data, cache, dalvik
    2. Flash ROM and GApps
    3. Flash Magisk
    4. Reboot into system

Currently supported Root Solution:

Magisk

sources.png

If you want to contribute to AICP, or want see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

Kernel source:
    Device tree source:
    Vendor source:

ROM & Additional links:
    AICP's Homepage
    AICP Gerrit Code Review
    AICP sources on Github
    AICP Download page for official builds and media content
    AICP Discord Community
    AICP Telegram channel for server notifications on official builds

Contributors:

@abhishek987
    @AL_IRAQI
    @Eamo5
    @diegocr
    You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!
    First AICP R (Android 11.1 / Aicp r16.1) build for raphael. :)

I hope by now you guys know your way around Android and know how to flash already along with some knowledge on what vendor to flash.

FOD Animations and a selection of icons are available including AICP's fod icon as well.
    You can select what FOD color you want, currently available: White, Cyan, Green, Yellow.
    Screen-off FOD is available, but if it doesn't work for you out of box you'll have to enable it through AicpExtras -> Lockscreen.

Bluetooth qti stack is also supported, means you get to use LDAC and more of them Audio Codecs if you want to, of course depends of the headset.

Most of the open commits from Gerrit are included as well.

I have labeled it as "EXPERIMENTAL" because it needs some testing, although to be honest i think is stable enough and responsive.

Bug status:
    I'm terrible at finding bugs.

Without further ado, here it is.

Sourceforge folder: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aicp-raphael/files
    Download link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ai...ael_r-16.1-EXPERIMENTAL-20201216.zip/download
    Changelog link:https://sourceforge.net/projects/ai...ael_r-16.1-EXPERIMENTAL-20201216.txt/download

You are welcome to mirror them if you want.

Feel free to suggest anything and i will see what i can do about it. For your information current launcher can hide and 'protect' selected apps.

Thanks.
    Hey guys. :D

I apologize for my absence here, this is the last experimental build I will do. Starting on the next build, it will be official. I feel like this new build it's better and more stable than the January one. Screen flicker while turning on the screen should be fixed now. Screen off FOD is not available starting from this build due to wake lock issues, I've found a tremendous battery drain with it.

As always, it is advised to remove any FP enrollments just in case. However I think a clean install could be ideal. It's up to you users. I fully wiped my phone before using this build.

What's new on this build:
    April security patch.
    AppLock is now available.
    LiveDisplay is merged + Anti flicker mode is also available.
    A variety of clock-styles to use.
    Lots of things....

Without further ado:
    Download Link:
    Changelog Link:

Note: You might have to click "Try to download anyway" if it won't begin downloading automatically.

Thanks. 😃
    Second AICP R build for raphael. :)

You can dirty flash, but please, first remove any enrolled fingerprint just to avoid any unnecessary hassle (there's none but this is what i do usually).

On this build i have improved FOD like a lot. It should work better than before. Mobile signal should be better for some mobile operators.

Stock FM Radio won't work at all, hence removed, however, there are thousands of FM apps on Play Store, pretty sure you can find a neat one there.

I'll take into consideration all of your reports and attempt fixing them starting on the next build. Hopefully on the next build they'll be solved.

Same case as before, build is labeled as EXPERIMENTAL and i think this will be the last EXPERIMENTAL build, I'll be moving onto BETA label starting from the next build.

Without further ado:

Note: Website was having difficulties, you might have to click "Try to download anyway" if it won't begin downloading automatically.

Download link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ai...ael_r-16.1-EXPERIMENTAL-20201220.zip/download
    Changelog link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ai...ael_r-16.1-EXPERIMENTAL-20201220.txt/download

Thanks. :)
    Hey guys and happy new year! :)

So, many things have changed since the last build. This one has no fod customizations (fod icon, fod color and no fod animations) available. This is due as i discovered those mentioned ones are causing graphical glitches and i don't have the time to debug them so i removed them. The default fod color is Cyan in this build.

As always, it is advised to remove any FP enrollments just in case. However i think a clean install could be ideal. It's up to you users. I fully wiped my phone before using this build.

What's new on this build:
    Live Display is included.
    Screen off FOD now works even with Ambient Display disabled.
    I have brought back the default screen off and on animation behavior and FOD should be a lot better now.
    No lag when toggling Advanced menu on lock screen and definitely no brightness sparkle.
    Some ROM changes.

Without further ado:
    Download Link:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/ai...ael_r-16.1-EXPERIMENTAL-20210123.zip/download
    Changelog Link:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/ai...ael_r-16.1-EXPERIMENTAL-20210123.txt/download

Note: You might have to click "Try to download anyway" if it won't begin downloading automatically.

Thanks. 😃