[ROM][11/19/13][Flo] - {Latest OTA} - Stock Rooted 4.4 - KRT16S - First KitKat Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Stock OTA Update 11/19/2013

Features
  • Pre-Rooted with SuperSU 1.69
  • Busybox
  • init.d support
  • No Other mods!
  • Odex (Preferred) or De-Odex!

:)

Please Hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars!

MOD EDIT: Link removed as domain has expired. Thread closed until new links can be installed

Enjoy!
[/CENTER]

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott

Sharing Policy
  • The spirit of Open Source is to share your knowledge and files with the rest of the world so they can improve on what you do when possible. This is also my philosophy and I would never compromise that!
  • You are free to use this ROM or any part of this ROM any way you like as long as you give proper credits!
  • Do not use my work if you cannot give proper credits!
  • Consider this your permission! Please do not PM me asking if its OK to build off this ROM. Permission granted!
  • However this does not include my CleanROM series of ROMS. Please do not use those without contacting me first!
  • This ROM is not a CleanROM. Its a stock rooted and all yours!
  • If you are going to use this as a base ROM for your own creation then you can at least hit Thanks in the OP. Lots of developers use my work and never once thank my OP. Don't be that guy!

Good Info / Thread Rules
  • The original KitKat Bootloader files can be found here (these are from the first OTA to KitKat): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47411018&postcount=3
  • Please dont ask if you can dirty flash. You can do what you want. Make a nandroid BEFORE you flash, if it doesnt work out then just restore your nandroid and re-plot your method of flashing.
  • Please dont post anything other than this ROM specific related questions. This is not a general topic thread about KitKat. Its here to help users install the ROM and ask questions about ROM usage. Its not here to ask questions about other ROM's, getting OTA's or what you think Recovery is capable of. Go to General with that stuff.
  • Please do NOT post mirrors of my work! I understand you want to help but the only person authorized to mirror my work is me.

Thanks to the following people that make what I do possible
  • DSI-XDA (Kitchen tools)
  • Chainfire (Root)
  • JesusFreke (smali tools for de-odexing)
  • Everyone who donates, says positive things and over encourages me to make ROMZ!
  • My Wife (for not feaking out when I go a day without sleep so I can make ROMZ, unlike most wifes, she gets it!)

Last edited:

Scott

First thanks scrosler for the deodexed ROM....very Quick...:good:

Also I have a little question...

do you cook your ROM´s with the kitchen..??
if so are you interested to share the edify_defs files
for the flo and eventually for the grouper...? :D

greets

I dont use Edify defs. I hand write my updater scripts. Nothing to share.

Thanks for all, but ART works in odex or deodex 11/19/13 rom?, because in the other doesnt work for me, i had bootlop.

Enviado desde mi GT-I8160 mediante Tapatalk
Only Odex. De-Odex is old... Art is new!

Scott

Can we do dirty flash if coming from your KRT16O?

Just looking to clarify. Coming from PA 4.3, I simply flash this without a full wipe? Or do I need to plan to lose everything (apps/settings/files)?

If your coming from another stock based ROM a wipe would not be needed.

If your coming from something like PA or CM then I would wipe because I dont know s**t about those ROMS :eek:

mine say KRT16O i used the updater from your kitkat rom

The ROM does or the Updater script?

Scott

I just went to use my tablet and the update was on my screen. I didn't think we could get OTA's if you had a custom recovery installed. It just showed up all by itself

Not true and not related to this specific ROM.

Please take that question to General or Q/A.

So can we dirty flash from KRT16O? I literally just flashed and re did ALL of my apps and settings yesterday, and I would hate to have to wipe again and redo all apps and settings again one day later, its literally a few hour process. Thanks!

I just stated 5 posts ago if you coming from a stock base it would more than likely be fine.

You guys know how to make Nandroids, right? Back ups?

Its always best to do that, test what you want, if it doesnt work out, then restore your nandroid and you have lost nothing.

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
I think I found a bug in Googles code...

If you look real closely at that WiFi Icon in the status bar, the arrows dont show up when data is going in and out.

Is it just my old eyes or can anyone confirm?
I don't think that is a bug. It was mentioned as a "feature", along with the GPS not blinking anymore when searching.

The arrows got moved into the drag down status bar.

They seem to not really want you to know what is going on and whether you are online, when data is being sent/received, whether GPS is running, etc.

Reactions: dadeo1111

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
Thread Cleaning

Ok folks, the OP requested a thread cleaning.

So here's how it goes....

1) Thanks - Deleted as you have a "Thanks" button. Use it please. No reason creating a new post.
2) Slow downloads - This can happen anywhere. Try at a different time. No reason creating a new post.
3) Dirty Flash - Com'on folks, you take your chances when you dirty flash. For best results, always wipe.

Now, the above posts have been cleaned. I HAVE however, left some of the OP's replies so a touch of info has been saved.

Please, look at the info above, and in the OP BEFORE you post. The Rom is Stock, so there really shouldn't be a whole lot of questions, and most of those belong in the Q & A Forum.

Cheers

MD

mds96

Nov 30, 2010
Ok so I have actually found something I'm still a noob at! I updated to KRT16S with a dirty flash from Scrosler's KRT16O, and it's still showing I have an update avaliable in my status bar..How can I get rid of this notification?

mrjaydee82

Apr 5, 2010
Naples, FL
Ok so I have actually found something I'm still a noob at! I updated to KRT16S with a dirty flash from Scrosler's KRT16O, and it's still showing I have an update avaliable in my status bar..How can I get rid of this notification?

Force stop Google services framework... After that I would reboot the tab or some things could run funny like the time will stop

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: mds96
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock OTA Update 11/19/2013

Features
    • Pre-Rooted with SuperSU 1.69
    • Busybox
    • init.d support
    • No Other mods!
    • Odex (Preferred) or De-Odex!

:)

Please Hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars!

MOD EDIT: Link removed as domain has expired. Thread closed until new links can be installed

Enjoy!
    [/CENTER]
    Sharing Policy
    • The spirit of Open Source is to share your knowledge and files with the rest of the world so they can improve on what you do when possible. This is also my philosophy and I would never compromise that!
    • You are free to use this ROM or any part of this ROM any way you like as long as you give proper credits!
    • Do not use my work if you cannot give proper credits!
    • Consider this your permission! Please do not PM me asking if its OK to build off this ROM. Permission granted!
    • However this does not include my CleanROM series of ROMS. Please do not use those without contacting me first!
    • This ROM is not a CleanROM. Its a stock rooted and all yours!
    • If you are going to use this as a base ROM for your own creation then you can at least hit Thanks in the OP. Lots of developers use my work and never once thank my OP. Don't be that guy!

Good Info / Thread Rules
    • The original KitKat Bootloader files can be found here (these are from the first OTA to KitKat): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47411018&postcount=3
    • Please dont ask if you can dirty flash. You can do what you want. Make a nandroid BEFORE you flash, if it doesnt work out then just restore your nandroid and re-plot your method of flashing.
    • Please dont post anything other than this ROM specific related questions. This is not a general topic thread about KitKat. Its here to help users install the ROM and ask questions about ROM usage. Its not here to ask questions about other ROM's, getting OTA's or what you think Recovery is capable of. Go to General with that stuff.
    • Please do NOT post mirrors of my work! I understand you want to help but the only person authorized to mirror my work is me.

Thanks to the following people that make what I do possible
    • DSI-XDA (Kitchen tools)
    • Chainfire (Root)
    • JesusFreke (smali tools for de-odexing)
    • Everyone who donates, says positive things and over encourages me to make ROMZ!
    • My Wife (for not feaking out when I go a day without sleep so I can make ROMZ, unlike most wifes, she gets it!)
    Please Rate the thread 5 Stars before the Nexus Trolls get here!

There is a group of disturbed people that rate every thread 1 star in this forum.

Please rate it 5 stars before there lame attempts to piss on every one fail!

Woooooot!
    Thread Cleaning

Ok folks, the OP requested a thread cleaning.

So here's how it goes....

1) Thanks - Deleted as you have a "Thanks" button. Use it please. No reason creating a new post.
    2) Slow downloads - This can happen anywhere. Try at a different time. No reason creating a new post.
    3) Dirty Flash - Com'on folks, you take your chances when you dirty flash. For best results, always wipe.

Now, the above posts have been cleaned. I HAVE however, left some of the OP's replies so a touch of info has been saved.

Please, look at the info above, and in the OP BEFORE you post. The Rom is Stock, so there really shouldn't be a whole lot of questions, and most of those belong in the Q & A Forum.

Cheers

MD
    First thanks scrosler for the deodexed ROM....very Quick...:good:

Also I have a little question...

do you cook your ROM´s with the kitchen..??
    if so are you interested to share the edify_defs files
    for the flo and eventually for the grouper...? :D

greets

I dont use Edify defs. I hand write my updater scripts. Nothing to share.

Thanks for all, but ART works in odex or deodex 11/19/13 rom?, because in the other doesnt work for me, i had bootlop.

Enviado desde mi GT-I8160 mediante Tapatalk
    Only Odex. De-Odex is old... Art is new!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone