[ROM][11.2011] P7300BVKJ5 Stock rom for GT8.9 3G (Android 3.2)

jenne1980

Apr 10, 2011
I have CWM Recovery on my device and when I try to install this zip file with data wipe it says that this zip file is bad.

Isn't this zip flashable with CWM Recovery?

jenne1980

Apr 10, 2011
Hmm ok, that's a pity. I don't have any experience with Odin. Can I leave the CWM Recovery on my tablet and install Odin on the PC somehow to flash the tab or how does it work? Is there any thread here that explains it for beginners?

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
A little ODIN guide.

Hmm ok, that's a pity. I don't have any experience with Odin. Can I leave the CWM Recovery on my tablet and install Odin on the PC somehow to flash the tab or how does it work? Is there any thread here that explains it for beginners?
Simple. Download this post's attachment (extract the .zip). That's ODIN 1.85 for you, which is the suggested version for our Tab. Put the device on Download Mode by holding VOL- while turning on and pressing VOL+ twice to enter Download Mode. Open ODIN 1.85 in your PC, look for the "PDA" button, press it and look for the right file (which usually is the biggest-size file inside the downloaded ROM .zip). IF available, put the CSC, PIT and whatnot files in their corresponding places by pressing the corresponding buttons. Now, assuming you have the drivers installed in your PC, connect the device while in Download Mode, and you will see that ODIN will see it in a yellow rectangle in the upper section that says COM...something. Click the START button inside ODIN and it's flashing time. Wait until the blue meter fills and ODIN says "PASS" in a green square in the upper section. Done.

NOTE: Don't ask me if you don't have a Windows box, people. Find a way to emulate it, or a borrowed PC, I dunno, but don't ask me.

Last edited:

jenne1980

Apr 10, 2011
Open ODIN 1.85 in your PC, look for the "PDA" button, press it and look for the right file (which usually is the biggest-size file inside the downloaded ROM .zip). If available, put the CSC, PIT and whatnot files in their corresponding places by pressing the corresponding buttons.
Thanks for your answer and the attachment. I have selected the PDA file (it's the large 829 MB md5 file), but what must I select as CSC, Phone, Bootloader and PIT :confused:

For Phone, Bootloader and CSC I can only select the same md5 rom file than above. Is that correct or sould I leave these fields blank?

For PIT there is nothing I could select.

Last edited:

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
Thanks for your answer and the attachment. I have selected the PDA file (it's the large 829 MB md5 file), but what must I select as CSC, Phone, Bootloader and PIT :confused:

For Phone, Bootloader and CSC I can only select the same md5 rom file than above. Is that correct or sould I leave these fields blank?

You only select the .md5 file with PDA button.
Leave all other fields blank.

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010

That's why at the start of that sentence I said the word "if". If the files are not available, then that sentence does not apply and there will be no problem either.

jenne1980

Apr 10, 2011
Thank you both, it worked. It's installed now and I re-installed CWM Recovery and root.

Then I removed the ORANGE boot animation (very ugly thing) and the orange apps with root explorer.

I will test now if the battery consumption is still normal. If so, I'll install Motley's kernel and test again.

PS: There is no boot animation at all now. Does anyone have a link for the standard android boot and shotdown animation?

Last edited:

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
Thank you both, it worked. It's installed now and I re-installed CWM Recovery and root.

Then I removed the ORANGE boot animation (very ugly thing) and the orange apps with root explorer.

I will test now if the battery consumption is still normal. If so, I'll install Motley's kernel and test again.

PS: There is no boot animation at all now. Does anyone have a link for the standard android boot and shotdown animation?
Here is my normal bootanimation (stock one). Remember, the "1_Power_on" music file goes into the /etc folder and the other two files at /system/media (I know you know this, that's for people who doesn't know). I had to upload there because somehow uploading here is broken.

^ That one does not include the shutdown animation. It is okay though, that shutdown animation actually slows down the shutdown.

EDIT: Is there a brave (knowledgeable) soul that can test if this works in the 7300 KJ5? It's a little theme.

Last edited:
Reactions: jenne1980

Chrisalviedo

Dec 14, 2011
New ROM Update from KIES Australia

Just got my samsung galaxy tab 8.9 P7300. Hooked it up to Samsung Kies and currently receiving another update for the ROM. This is higher than the update posted here so I thought I'd share the news. Android version 3.2 Baseband version P7300XXKJ6 Kernel Version [email protected] #1 Build Number HTJ85B.ZSKK2 P7300ZSKK2

aloialone

Nov 19, 2011
Hi all. I have a 8.9 Greek version and still dont have an update to android 3.2. If i update with this version ill have any problem with my 3G network or not?

indigo_b

Dec 8, 2011
Just received a firmware update on my P7300

Baseband version :p7300XXKJ6
Android 3.2
Kernel 2.6.36.3 [email protected] Wed Nov 23 --> looks new
Build number HTJ85B p7300XWKK5

Seems like a little less lag.Camera took some time after flash to start but after that it seems ok.Afterglow added to the menus.Browser seems to be a little faster.Also an additional icon for stretching or zooming appears for all apps that not optimized for Tabs in addition to the menu icon :rolleyes: .Too early to judge battery life. New market is the additional change.Hope this helps.Any one else received similar updates ?

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: poisike

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
Just received a firmware update on mu P7300

Baseband version :p7300XXKJ6
Android 3.2
Kernel 2.6.36.3 [email protected] Wed Nov 23 --> looks new
Build number HTJ85B p7300XWKK5

Seems like a little less lag.Camera took some time after flash to start but after that it seems ok.Afterglow added to the menus.Browser seems to be a little faster.Also an additional icon for stretching or zooming appears for all apps that not optimized for Tabs in addition to the menu icon :rolleyes: .Too early to judge battery life. New market is the additional change.Hope this helps.Any one else received similar updates ?
That's interesting, if you could post more information then we could find the update on Samsung server and try it out.

Please look in the following files and post what is there (no root required, only file explorer):
system\CSCVersion.txt: ?
system\csc\customer.xml only one line needed: <SalesCode>?</SalesCode>