• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11/8] - CleanROM 2.4 -★| Smooth, Stable and CLEAN! | 10.4.4.20 Base! |★-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer

CR2.4-TF700.png

2.2-quads.png

about.png

• CleanROM is a stock based ROM designed with you in mind!
  • CleanROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a ROM with the ability to pick and choose the options they want!
  • CleanROM is tuned for performance and built for stability!
  • CleanROM has no themes and is true to stock in looks!
  • Based on Official Asus Jellybean 4.1.1 / US 10.4.4.20 and is DE-ODEX!
  • Can be provisioned for WW edition during install!
  • All Apps up to date as 11/8/2012

features.png

• Aroma Installer with the following options:
    • Locale: US or WW
    • Launchers: Stock, Nova, Apex
    • Boot Animations: Stock, Nexus 7
    • File Managers: Stock, File Manager HD, ES File Explorer
    • Google Apps: Play Store, Gmail, Maps, Talk, YouTube, Google Now and Voice Search, Google Music, Street View for Maps, Chrome
    • Asus Apps: App Back Up, App Locker, My Cloud, My Net, SuperNote, Video Editor, Web Storage, My Frame, My Dictionary, Slpashtop, My BitCast
    • Misc Apps: Adobe Flash, Polaris Office, DropBox, Terminal Emulator, Hulu Plus - The old hacked version. Dont laugh, it works!
  • File system and performance tweaks!
  • Rooted with unsecure kernel!
  • Init.d support!
  • Zip align on boot!
  • Browser enhancements!
  • Best Support of any ROM!

changes.png

Version 2.4 - 11/8/2012
  • Rebuilt: Completely Rebuilt on the new 10.4.4.20 US Base with option for WW edition!
  • Changed: Went De-Odex for the time being!
  • Added: ES File Explorer and Chrome to Aroma installer options!
  • Updated: All Apps requring an update including Adobe Flash!

installation.png

• Bootloader: Official Asus Jellybean bootloader
  • Recovery: TWRP 2.3.1.0 or ClockworkMod 6.0.1.4
  • Copy ROM to storage
  • Reboot to Recovery
  • Wipe data / Factory Reset in Recovery!
  • Install ROM
  • Choose Options
  • Reboot to System
  • Profit!

Tapatalk and Mobile users Download HERE.
Set your browser to Desktop View! If you have problems downloading then download from PC!

MD5.png

2A69E9D130371FB1DDEBE25689BFC344

Donations gratefully accepted but never expected!
Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)

Last edited:

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
Good stuff! Is there any way to get an archive of all removed apps? Some apps, such as the Asus "AppBackup" aren't available in the Play Store... I'm sure there are other Asus-provided apps that also aren't available via the Play store.

I guess I could just back them up before installing as well, but a separate flashable .zip of all removed apps would be very convenient!

Thanks for your hard work!!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Scott

Looks sweet .! Is the portrait and GPS working with this rom? Thanks

Yeah, Why would they not be?

Wished it would be available on WW base ...

Sorry man... No one has given me a compelling reason to use the ww base. If you can give me a good reason and it wont interfere with us US Based users I will gladly consider it!

Good stuff! Is there any way to get an archive of all removed apps? Some apps, such as the Asus "AppBackup" aren't available in the Play Store... I'm sure there are other Asus-provided apps that also aren't available via the Play store.

I guess I could just back them up before installing as well, but a separate flashable .zip of all removed apps would be very convenient!

Thanks for your hard work!!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
Ahhhhhh.... Damn... I thought they were in the play store!

Well the good news is this is just a "Teaser" ROM. Its a totally stripped ROM and sadly, I wont be making those in a flash able zip.

HOWEVER... When I make my full CleanROM Standard Series... All of those will be optional via the Aroma installer.

Check out the ROM for the Asus TF300T here and you will get a glimpse to what I am working on:
showthread.php

I guess you could say I am just getting my feet with the TF700 People.... Dont worry, I got some REALLY good stuff in store!!!

Scott

Would it be possible to have it with WW base ?

Thanks

See my answer right above yours...

I need someone to explain why ww base is better. I live in US and use the US Base. If the WW base is better then I can certainly look at that. But I have asked two times now why I should use the ww base and no one answers.

Can you tell me why the ww base is better than the US Base? What features or add-ons will it bring? How will it benefit the community as a whole?

Are there any potential downsides to us US users if we use the ww base?

What are the downsides for you to use the US Base?

I ask these questions because I dont know the answers. Enlighten me and I will consider switching to the WW base if its justifiable.

xFrozen

Nov 8, 2011

I need someone to explain why ww base is better. I live in US and use the US Base. If the WW base is better then I can certainly look at that. But I have asked two times now why I should use the ww base and no one answers.

Can you tell me why the ww base is better than the US Base? What features or add-ons will it bring? How will it benefit the community as a whole?

I ask these questions because I dont know the answers. Enlighten me and I will consider switching to the WW base if its justifiable.

I once accidentally switched from US to WW and didn't notice any difference.
I did hear somewhere that some SKUs get updates earlier or later than others, since they are in different regions. This is obviously useless for ROM users as their bootloaders are unlocked.

The SKU system seems completely pointless to me.

EDIT: If you at the firmware file sizes on the ASUS site, for .30, the file size of the US firmware is 4MB bigger... so there might be more to this than what I know.

Last edited:
A

Alphaform

Hi there,

don't think, that the WW base is better than the US, or the other way round. I don't even know, why ASUS gives us European users a WW base. But there must be a reason. But I totally understand, that you choose the US one when you're located in the US. If I could cook a custom ROM, I would choose the WW base, cause I'm located in Europe. Therefore I said "I whished ... "

And don't be angry, when a question isn't been answered immediately ...

T

titou00075

Hi there,

don't think, that the WW base is better than the US, or the other way round. I don't even know, why ASUS gives us European users a WW base. But there must be a reason. But I totally understand, that you choose the US one when you're located in the US. If I could cook a custom ROM, I would choose the WW base, cause I'm located in Europe. Therefore I said "I whished ... "

And don't be angry, when a question isn't been answered immediately ...

Same answer for me.
Thanks

ashah87

Sep 17, 2010
To install this from my current zeus rom do I need to install the jellybean firmware first, then CWM jellybean recovery, and then flash this rom? Sorry but a little confused on these steps.

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

CR2.4-TF700.png

2.2-quads.png

about.png

• CleanROM is a stock based ROM designed with you in mind!
    • CleanROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a ROM with the ability to pick and choose the options they want!
    • CleanROM is tuned for performance and built for stability!
    • CleanROM has no themes and is true to stock in looks!
    • Based on Official Asus Jellybean 4.1.1 / US 10.4.4.20 and is DE-ODEX!
    • Can be provisioned for WW edition during install!
    • All Apps up to date as 11/8/2012

features.png

• Aroma Installer with the following options:
      • Locale: US or WW
      • Launchers: Stock, Nova, Apex
      • Boot Animations: Stock, Nexus 7
      • File Managers: Stock, File Manager HD, ES File Explorer
      • Google Apps: Play Store, Gmail, Maps, Talk, YouTube, Google Now and Voice Search, Google Music, Street View for Maps, Chrome
      • Asus Apps: App Back Up, App Locker, My Cloud, My Net, SuperNote, Video Editor, Web Storage, My Frame, My Dictionary, Slpashtop, My BitCast
      • Misc Apps: Adobe Flash, Polaris Office, DropBox, Terminal Emulator, Hulu Plus - The old hacked version. Dont laugh, it works!
    • File system and performance tweaks!
    • Rooted with unsecure kernel!
    • Init.d support!
    • Zip align on boot!
    • Browser enhancements!
    • Best Support of any ROM!

changes.png

Version 2.4 - 11/8/2012
    • Rebuilt: Completely Rebuilt on the new 10.4.4.20 US Base with option for WW edition!
    • Changed: Went De-Odex for the time being!
    • Added: ES File Explorer and Chrome to Aroma installer options!
    • Updated: All Apps requring an update including Adobe Flash!

installation.png

• Bootloader: Official Asus Jellybean bootloader
    • Recovery: TWRP 2.3.1.0 or ClockworkMod 6.0.1.4
    • Copy ROM to storage
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Wipe data / Factory Reset in Recovery!
    • Install ROM
    • Choose Options
    • Reboot to System
    • Profit!

Tapatalk and Mobile users Download HERE.
    Set your browser to Desktop View! If you have problems downloading then download from PC!

MD5.png

2A69E9D130371FB1DDEBE25689BFC344

Donations gratefully accepted but never expected!
    Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)

Need help installing the JB update / bootloader and recovery?

Look here: [Guide / Tool][10/15/12] - Update to Official Jellybean Then Root or Custom ROM!
    Anyone want to hit me with some Thanks love?

Seems to be kinda lite for this release :(
    Thanks for all the positive feed back guys. I have literally spent more hours on these first revisions than I have on any other device. This was a hard one to crack open! With all the positive feedback and nearly ZERO issues... I think I can call this good and move to the next phase which will be a full blow CleanROM based off this. Anyone who follows my other devices knows whats next. Full Aroma installer with all the stock options that will be user selectable during install. Anyone who has not used Aroma will be in for a treat!

I would also like to personally thank every single person that has donated! I really appreciate the fact that you recognize the amount of time that I have spent on this. In some other forums they are grateful for my work but sometimes forget that this is not my job, only my hobby and become somewhat demanding of this and that. Some people take things for granted. But... let me clear, wether you donate or not I will still produce the best work I can and support you the best way I can. Thats a fact that is repeated over and over in this thread and the over 50 other threads I have on XDA. But one thing about donations... They are the only way I can afford the latest and greatest. So without them I would NOT have this tablet! So thank you again... if you ever donated for my other work :highfive: Also, just so you know, I do donate a fair portion of money to other devlopers who's tools or guidance I used. For exmaple, TWRP gets donations from me regularly and I encourage you all to donate to them. DSIXDA who really got me into build ROMS also deserves some recognition and thanks as well! I always give credit where it is due!

Also, I am not the least bit bothered by those asking for help upgrading to JB bootloader. I know there are not a lot of resources in this forum and the process is new to everyone so if you are stuck dont be afraid to ask. No one will flame! And if they do I will take care of that personally. This thread is about helping not flaming.

This is a really good community to work with so thank you for being good "users" and not demanding things over and over.

With all this being said... I am taking the rest of the week off so I can finally enjoy my work, lol :good:

Thanks again,

-Scott
    Hey guys, if you like this ROM please help me out by hitting the "Thanks" button when you can!

I would really like to hit 14K by the end of the weekend. I plan on doing an SGS3 update as well so if you own a Verizon SGS3 its going to be a good weekend for you!