[ROM][12.1] DotOS v6.0 [OFFICIAL/GAPPS]

Search This thread

virajmalia

Nov 24, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I found this:
switch (base_code) { // Unfortunately, ErrorCode::kDownloadTransferError is returned for a wide // variety of errors (proxy errors, host not reachable, timeouts etc.). // // For now just map that to kDownloading. See http://crbug.com/355745 // for how we plan to add more detail in the future. case ErrorCode::kDownloadTransferError: return metrics::DownloadErrorCode::kDownloadError;
From: https://android.googlesource.com/pl...+/refs/tags/android-7.1.2_r2/metrics_utils.cc

Although I am familiar with C++, I don't know where to find this file for DotOS and Android 11, so I think it's best to ask @xstefen why you get that error.

In my opinion this is something basic like loose cable or corrupted zip file. You should try redownloading and try again. The steps in the OP worked for me.

PS: Make sure you type the exit command to come out of adb root shell and then try the adb sideload command.

KALINAG

Jul 28, 2016
yea I had the same problem but instead of 7% its on the 47%

what i idid to solve this:

1. Follow the steps until u get to sideload the dotOS kebab zip.
2. adb sideload the copy-partion.zip that you downloaded with the rom.
3. Rebooted to Recovery and did the Factory Reset/ Wipe.
4. Instead of using the adb sideload for the installation of the rom I used payload_dumper to extract the need files to flash from the payload.bin from the rom.
5. Once the files are extracted from the payload.bin I used the RomInstaller.bat to flash the files extracted and installed the rom. (Note: since you have factory reset/wipe your device after flashing the copy-partition.zip file you can safely reboot without bootlooping).
6. Booted the phone and there you go.

You can root your device using the patched boot image using magisk. There's some tutorials on xda itself or you ca just search it on google how to do it. its pretty simple and straightforward

pejo_crasher

Feb 16, 2018
I found this:
switch (base_code) { // Unfortunately, ErrorCode::kDownloadTransferError is returned for a wide // variety of errors (proxy errors, host not reachable, timeouts etc.). // // For now just map that to kDownloading. See http://crbug.com/355745 // for how we plan to add more detail in the future. case ErrorCode::kDownloadTransferError: return metrics::DownloadErrorCode::kDownloadError;
From: https://android.googlesource.com/pl...+/refs/tags/android-7.1.2_r2/metrics_utils.cc

Although I am familiar with C++, I don't know where to find this file for DotOS and Android 11, so I think it's best to ask @xstefen why you get that error.

In my opinion this is something basic like loose cable or corrupted zip file. You should try redownloading and try again. The steps in the OP worked for me.

PS: Make sure you type the exit command to come out of adb root shell and then try the adb sideload command.
Yeah I know that error is pretty generic and it's why I asked for help.
Thanks!

pejo_crasher

Feb 16, 2018
yea I had the same problem but instead of 7% its on the 47%

what i idid to solve this:

1. Follow the steps until u get to sideload the dotOS kebab zip.
2. adb sideload the copy-partion.zip that you downloaded with the rom.
3. Rebooted to Recovery and did the Factory Reset/ Wipe.
4. Instead of using the adb sideload for the installation of the rom I used payload_dumper to extract the need files to flash from the payload.bin from the rom.
5. Once the files are extracted from the payload.bin I used the RomInstaller.bat to flash the files extracted and installed the rom. (Note: since you have factory reset/wipe your device after flashing the copy-partition.zip file you can safely reboot without bootlooping).
6. Booted the phone and there you go.

You can root your device using the patched boot image using magisk. There's some tutorials on xda itself or you ca just search it on google how to do it. its pretty simple and straightforward
Now I'm back to OOS but I'll give another try with your procedure, thanks a lot!

I am using Smart Launcher 5 with gesture navigation. No issues. I think this ROM is very snappy even with pretty animations.

@xstefen and anyone else who comes here:
1. The default camera with this ROM is the old style GCam, so you will have to manually install Nikita's GCam after installing the ROM.

It's Snap but yeah, I may upgrade it.

2. I tried the Oxy-fy or something similar named Magisk module but OnePlus apps crash, so you cannot use them with this ROM.

What apps? Any logs?

3. Warp charging does not seem to work, can someone please verify this? I am using KB2005 US, unlocked, with Magisk root.

Verified, will look into it. Dash charging or w/e should be working. It still charges fast as ****, it just doesnt report it correctly.

4. Is there a way to add custom fonts on this ROM, other than the default ones that come pre-installed?

Other than a Magisk module, I have not looked into it. What font would you be interested in? I may add it if I like it.

Back at ya!

Reactions: virajmalia

KALINAG

Jul 28, 2016
How's this rom going?
as of now its going quite good

Is this rom give a good game experience like stock rom ?
And about the battery is it good ?
Gaming it might be pretty good but obviously if you want full potential you can stay on stock if you want the stock stability that is a fact on any custom rom

Battery is awesome the drain is quite minimum and can get a pretty good usage over time

Reactions: fadi9711

fadi9711

Nov 15, 2016
as of now its going quite good

Gaming it might be pretty good but obviously if you want full potential you can stay on stock if you want the stock stability that is a fact on any custom rom

Battery is awesome the drain is quite minimum and can get a pretty good usage over time
Ok thanks
I will wait the new update 5.0.1 to install

dominicstg2

Feb 23, 2013
just curious tested the rom and couldnt get root to work i know you said wanting offical status before focusing on stuff. was just wondering is smart charge and smart pixel something that might come in once official is done or is it not that type of rom?

dominicstg2

Feb 23, 2013
so i have dotos splash screen but done a clean install of crdroid any ideas how to fix this?

KALINAG

Jul 28, 2016
just curious tested the rom and couldnt get root to work i know you said wanting offical status before focusing on stuff. was just wondering is smart charge and smart pixel something that might come in once official is done or is it not that type of rom?
you can try two things to get rooted the first method (patch boot.img)

1: get magisk ap from officia; github page
2: get boot.img from the extracted files from dotOS Payload.bin and saved it on download folder on phone.
3: Open magisk app and on the install button ull have the chance to choose the boot.img you transfered to download folder
4. once selected hit the "let's go button" and magisk will patch the boot.img.
5: once patching is done you can transfer the boot.img to your laptop or pc wichever.
6: once that transfer is done you have to put yor device in fastboot mode: adb reboot bootloader.
7: after doing so flash the patched boot.img with the command: fastboot flash boot <magisk_whatever_xgsg.img> (it wont be called like that obviously its just example).
8: reboot device and your done.

the second method wish has less steps is to download the same magisk.apk but change the type from apk to .zip

it will be called Magisk-v22.1.zip. with that reboot to recovery and flash it in ADB Sideload with the command: adb sideload Magisk-v22.1.zip
and your done aswell reboot and enjoy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0gf3.png

" #DroidOnTime "

ROM Version: v6.0

Device: OnePlus 8T (kebab)

Maintainer: xstefen

Build Status: Official

banner_discl.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.

* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.

* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

banner_about.png

dotOS is an Android ROM which focuses on performance and stability. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of his/her device.....

banner_inst.png

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Download ROM zip below​
    2. Verify file integrity if you so wish​
    3. Install by whatever means you use to install these days (I recommend following LineageOS instructions)​
    4. Profit? Unless your cat blows up, in which case only yourself can be held responsible.​

Magisk or anything else you may flash is not supported.

banner_downlods.png

Download Links

Here :(
    banner_features.png

Code:
    New and refreshed UI
    New Customization app (previous named as DotExtras)
    Accent Overlay & RGB Picker
    Edge Lightning
    Battery Styles
    Battery Percentage Styles
    Clock Customization
    Traffic Indicator
    Battery Light Customizations
    QS Tiles title toggle
    QS Tiles style toggle (AOSP & accent)
    QS Rows & Columns Customization
    New FOD Icon & Animation picker with previews
    FOD recognition color picker
    Screen-Off FOD
    Automatically temporary disable night light while using FOD (toggle)
    New Theme Manager
    Overlays based Accent Picker
    Material Palette Accent Picker
    Smart Accent Picker (find automatically proper shade of accent for the other theme; if you apply custom accent for dark theme, press Smart Accent Picker and it will find a good shade to use for light theme and vice-versa)
    Fonts, Icon Packs and Icon Shapes picker
    Other Extra Features
    Hold power to torch
    Double tap on statusbar and lockscreen to sleep
    Double tap while sleeping to open doze (ambient display)
    Quick Screenshot (3 fingers gesture)
    Volume Panel position switch (right or left)
    Navigation bar pill size customization (hide, stock, medium, large)
    Pocket Mode - avoid scree touches while the phone is in your pocket
    Use Biometrics on first boot (unavailable for encrypted users)
    Lockscreen Media toggle
    Built-in Launcher Grid control
    MicroG support
    banner_credits.png

DotOSteam
    AOSP
    LineageOS
    Evolution-X
    Pixel Experience
    Dirty Unicorns
    And all other open source Devs/Teams.

banner_team.png

Mohan CM - Founder/Core Developer

Iacob Ionut - UI, UX Developer/ Core Developer

and more...

Important Links

Liked The ROM? Want to Help Us? Then gift us some credits

Or if you prefer to support your maintainer

banner_sources.png

dot OS source

dotOS-Device Sources

Device Source

telegram.png

Telegram Group

Telegram Channel

Device Support Group

web.png

Website

REPORTING BUGS!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!

for more READ THIS

and do not forget to send it to us 😜

header_logo_50.png

XDA DevDB Information

dotOS, ROM for OnePlus 8T

Contributors: xstefen / dotOS team / community

Source Code: https://github.com/DotOS

Kernel Source:
    https://github.com/dotOS-Devices/kernel_oneplus_sm8250

ROM OS Version: 12.1 Android S

ROM Kernel: 4.19.157

ROM Firmware Required: Must be on latest firmware

Based On: AOSP

Special thanks to LineageOS and team, Luk1337 in particular for his all of his continued work and support. Hurt Copain bc kangaroostaz. semdocHD for being great. DPryor, osm1019, AnierinB, and the rest of the 10% out there. MohanCM and the rest of the dotOS team. Google for starting and continuing AOSP making all of this possible. XDA for always being my first source of information with each new device I own. My son for being a light in the darkness motivating me to keep going. And to anyone I missed or feeling left out (the list never ends!<3)
    new link: https://builds.xstefen.dev - new build will be uploaded shortly
    Perhaps you should try for yourself instead of listening to those on here who don't read the flashing instructions for any ROM they attempt to flash. I got the rom to boot first try, runs great. Obviously these other users are just flashing however they see fit. Read, people. It's not that difficult to read for 3 minutes before you flash something on a whim on a phone that costs several hundred dollars. Not the smartest idea in the world. Take a breather for a second, people. You can try every rom available for the phone, but you don't have to flash them all in one day, one after another. It's not a race :)

Anyway, rom boots and runs fine. Just follow flashing instructions, because no one else is apparently.
    Everything works like a charm. Great build, loved the card UI.

Lub 💙

PS. Now that 5.0.1 is out, I'll bake an update soon, just been busy, thx guys

edit: I'll also post with that, the boot.img for you guys to Magisk as you see fit. I think that will eliminate a few of the hiccups in this thread
    Ladies and gentleguys, the time you've all been waiting for...

isnt here just yet ;) However, I have taken official status finally, thx to your continued interest. I present to you the final 5.0.1 and final unofficial build. There has been some changes.

LineageOS recovery will no longer be included in build. Take that as you may, I have to use DotOS sources, thats just how it goes. If DotOS decides to change, this will follow. For AOSP recovery you have to press the VolUp, Power key combo to continue past the splash screen.

Official will have both vanilla and gapps builds. This will please some. Builds will be more regular as well. Hooray!

As always, let us know what you think, please provide logs with any issues, and have a great day!

Download