[ROM][11][8T] DotOS v5.0.1 [UNOFFICIAL][GAPPS]

Search This thread

dpryor88

Nov 4, 2015
San Pedro
OnePlus 8T
does it boot at all?
Perhaps you should try for yourself instead of listening to those on here who don't read the flashing instructions for any ROM they attempt to flash. I got the rom to boot first try, runs great. Obviously these other users are just flashing however they see fit. Read, people. It's not that difficult to read for 3 minutes before you flash something on a whim on a phone that costs several hundred dollars. Not the smartest idea in the world. Take a breather for a second, people. You can try every rom available for the phone, but you don't have to flash them all in one day, one after another. It's not a race :)

Anyway, rom boots and runs fine. Just follow flashing instructions, because no one else is apparently.

xstefen

Feb 14, 2013
A floating rock in space
xstefen.dev
Perhaps you should try for yourself instead of listening to those on here who don't read the flashing instructions for any ROM they attempt to flash. I got the rom to boot first try, runs great. Obviously these other users are just flashing however they see fit. Read, people. It's not that difficult to read for 3 minutes before you flash something on a whim on a phone that costs several hundred dollars. Not the smartest idea in the world. Take a breather for a second, people. You can try every rom available for the phone, but you don't have to flash them all in one day, one after another. It's not a race :)

Anyway, rom boots and runs fine. Just follow flashing instructions, because no one else is apparently.
Everything works like a charm. Great build, loved the card UI.

Lub 💙

PS. Now that 5.0.1 is out, I'll bake an update soon, just been busy, thx guys

edit: I'll also post with that, the boot.img for you guys to Magisk as you see fit. I think that will eliminate a few of the hiccups in this thread

KALINAG

Jul 28, 2016
Thank
Lub 💙

edit: I'll also post with that, the boot.img for you guys to Magisk as you see fit. I think that will eliminate a few of the hiccups in this thread
thanks for all the hard work and effort u have been putting man!

azoller1

Aug 4, 2011
My Room
Anyone else with Verizon getting no signal/data after flashing? I have the EU version. After flashing, and after a couple reboots, still no signal/data.

fadi9711

Nov 15, 2016
Lub 💙

Can I flash Radioactive Kernel with this rom ?

KALINAG

Jul 28, 2016
i installed sucessfully, but not able to create fingerprint...
theirs a solution for that

go to fingerprint options in the customization tab in Settings and set the light to cyan then white once more
there go to fingerprint registration and try again

hopefully that works

xstefen

Feb 14, 2013
A floating rock in space
xstefen.dev
Sorry for the delay gents, and your patience and continued support is much appreciated. I think you will find that it was worth it.

DotOS 5.0.1 OP8T w/Gapps changes:
Up to date with upstream changes
Improvements all around
Let us know what you think

Download

Like the previous update, this one gets flashed via side load, same instructions still apply

🖖🍻👍

freddienuxx

Sorry for the delay gents, and your patience and continued support is much appreciated. I think you will find that it was worth it.

Improvements all around

Download

Like the previous update, this one gets flashed via side load, same instructions still apply

🖖🍻👍
i luv dot os quick question do we have options for 2button navbar like long press gesture for menu or kill apps? thx in advance

xstefen

Feb 14, 2013
A floating rock in space
xstefen.dev

kunalshgkr

• Apr 23, 2016
    Pune
    OnePlus 8T
    after flashing recovery and booting into recovery, the screen shows unknown command error and to be able to see the android recovery I have to press power+ both the volume buttons. Does anybody know the reason?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Lub 💙

does it boot at all?

Improvements all around

Download

🖖🍻👍
      the download link is broken, could u please check @xstefen
      Good catch, moved DNS earlier and forgot about that, thanks. It's fixed
      I interested in this ROM, Can you review a camara portrait result and battery life please.
      Battery life is close to stock, may be 1 hour or so less for my usage but that is hard to notice.

This ROM comes with Snap Camera by default, which sucks, but you can install GCam. OnePlus camera and gallery don't work due to missing OnePlus framework and OP is looking into it. It is not a guarantee that OnePlus apps will be supported.
      dotOS_banner-5.0.png

" #DroidOnTime "

ROM Version: 5.0

Device: OnePlus 8T (kebab)

Maintainer: xstefen

Build Status: Unofficial

banner_discl.png

Code:
      * Your warranty is now void.

* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.

* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

banner_about.png

dotOS is an Android ROM which focuses on performance and stability. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of his/her device.....

banner_inst.png

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Download dotOS*.zip, recovery.img, copy-partitions-*.zip to somewhere on your PC.

2. Reboot to bootloader/fastboot
      Code:
      adb reboot-bootloader
      or via advanced reboot menu or via key combo.

Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

4. Reboot to recovery

5. Apply Update -> ADB Sideload ->
      Code:
      adb sideload copy-partitions*.zip

6. Go back -> Advanced -> Reboot recovery

7. Factory Reset/wipe if needed [You probably need to]

8. Go back -> Apply Update -> ADB Sideload ->
      Code:
      adb sideload dotOS*kebab*.zip

9. GApps are already included, Neutrino kernel is already included, Magisk or anything else you may flash is not supported

10. Reboot system and profit

TIP: The asterisks ( * ) in the above filenames should be replaced with the actual file name. Sadly wildcards don't work with these tools and updating instructions for every file name change is just silly.

banner_downlods.png

Download Links

banner_features.png

Code:
      [LIST]

New and refreshed UI

New Customization app (previous named as DotExtras)

Accent Overlay & RGB Picker

Edge Lightning

Battery Styles

Battery Percentage Styles

Clock Customization

Traffic Indicator

Battery Light Customizations

QS Tiles title toggle

QS Tiles style toggle (AOSP & accent)

QS Rows & Columns Customization

New FOD Icon & Animation picker with previews

FOD recognition color picker

Screen-Off FOD

Automatically temporary disable night light while using FOD (toggle)

New Theme Manager

Overlays based Accent Picker

Material Palette Accent Picker

Smart Accent Picker (find automatically proper shade of accent for the other theme; if you apply custom accent for dark theme, press Smart Accent Picker and it will find a good shade to use for light theme and vice-versa)

Fonts, Icon Packs and Icon Shapes picker

Other Extra Features

Hold power to torch

Double tap on statusbar and lockscreen to sleep

Double tap while sleeping to open doze (ambient display)

Quick Screenshot (3 fingers gesture)

Volume Panel position switch (right or left)

Navigation bar pill size customization (hide, stock, medium, large)

Pocket Mode - avoid scree touches while the phone is in your pocket

Use Biometrics on first boot (unavailable for encrypted users)

Lockscreen Media toggle

Built-in Launcher Grid control

MicroG support

[CENTER]

[/LIST]

banner_credits.png

DotOSteam

AOSP

Pixel Experience

Dirty Unicorns

And all other open source Devs/Teams.

banner_team.png

Mohan CM - Founder/Core Developer

Sam Grande - UI Developer/Project Co-ordinator

Iacob Ionut - UI, UX Developer/ Core Developer

Sipun Kumar - Developer/Maintainer

Shreehari Vaasistha L - Developer/Maintainer

Special thanks:

Aswin
      - Graphics Designer

ShreeJoy - Web Backend Developer

Manish Bajpai - Web Frontend Developer[/SIZE]

Important Links

Liked The ROM? Want to Help Us? Then gift us some credits

Maintaining a Device is Time Consuming...We Like Credits Too!

banner_sources.png

dot OS source

dotOS-Device Sources

Device Source

telegram.png

Telegram Group

Telegram Channel

web.png

Website

REPORTING BUGS!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!

for more READ THIS

and do not forget to send it to us 😜

header_logo_50.png

XDA DevDB Information

dotOS, ROM for OnePlus 8T

Contributors: xstefen / dotOS team / community

Source Code: https://github.com/DotOS

Kernel Source: https://github.com/xstefen/neutrino_kernel_oneplus_sm8250

ROM OS Version: 11.x Android R

ROM Kernel: 4.19.x

ROM Firmware Required: Must be On latest Firmware

Based On: AOSP

Version Information

(y)

Current Stable Version: v5.0

Stable Release Date: TBD

Lub 💙

Special thanks to LineageOS and team, Luk1337 in particular for his device trees and support. AICP/semdocHD for being great. DPryor, FullOfHell, osm1019, and the rest of the kangaroosters out there. MohanCM and the rest of the dotOS team. Google for starting and continuing AOSP making all of this possible. XDA for always being my first source of information with each new device I own. My son for being a light in the darkness motivating me to keep going. And to anyone I missed or feeling left out (the list never ends!<3)
      does it boot at all?

WE'RE BACK BOYS! The culprit has been found and dealt with. New semi-tested build is live!

Updated OP with the link, which is here also..

IMPORTANT.. New install instructions in the OP, pay attention and read them, its following the new steps of LOS kebab.

The new zip is NOT a fastboot flashable zip, and will fail. Also, its slightly smaller in size now :)

As usual, let me know what you find malfunctioning, as gaining stable working status is more important than your feature requests.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone