• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][A5|7 2017] LineageOS 18.1 Official [WEEKLY]

Search This thread
Phone is bricked after installing 7th july update. Initially after the update the phone was stuck in a bootloop. So got into twrp and tried clearing the catch/delvik cache dunno if that was the right thing to do but that was unsuccessful. So proceeded to reboot in twrp with a slight hope but ended up making the screen go black for eternity. mhm still curious how do i make this dead thing come back alive again lol.

Be sure to have the rom dated 7th july and the gapps package on your storage. Boot into your twrp. Select wipe/advanced wipe and tick the caches and system for wipe. Swipe to wipe. Do not reboot. Go back to your homescreen. Select Install, go to your location on your storage where your rm and gapps files located. Install the packages. First the rom, than gapps. Now you can reboot and prey. If your file are currently on on your storage, use the adb sideload command from your pc.

Hi, for me the upgrade was not working. I tried it's on my testphone, wich has allready los17 installed and full configured. It's got an encrypted storage with a pin passcode. After the upgrade with the adb sideload command the phone boots, take the encrypt key until the pin lock. But when I use my pin, I'll get back to the lockscreen! No login possible.
I'll test the process again with twrp system wipe.
Many thanks for your hard work. Los18 Sounds like christmas! Let's bring up to official. If I should further test something, let me know.
Meanwhile I restore my backup ...
Donation for your hard work is on the way (y):)
Ok, looks like no chance with keeping data. If I wipe this, I can make a new setup.
Selinux is deactivated and my SM-520F is shown as SM-A720F.

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
Ok, looks like no chance with keeping data. If I wipe this, I can make a new setup.
Selinux is deactivated and my SM-520F is shown as SM-A720F.
Thanks!

Yes, clean flash would be the best way to go if dirty failed. 18.1 is very close to 17.1 in terms of stability, and I know people using it as a daily driver. But there are minor things left (selinux, mic gets unrelable sometimes?, hacks to get hwc working - lineage team won't allow that) that I don't even know myself if or when will even get fixed. Wrong shown model doesn't matter for anything.

Last edited:

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
Hi guys,
open your wallets an donate a couple of coins to keep this device alive! ;-)
I have to say here that the device is going to stay alive or not stay alive regardless of donations. It's because I don't do this for money, but out of passion and when I have time and ability to.

People can only donate to show appreciation of the work that is already done if they think it helped them, not much else. Thanks once again.

Sometimes I had problems with disconnects on my WiFi on Los17. The phone doesn't connects again. I had to disable and enable WiFi to connect again! Yesterday only a reboot fixed the problem. I don't know where it comes from. I had the problem also on my old A5, where I dirty flashed 2 major versions of Los and the device was fallen down more than once. So I made a clean flash and setup on my second device, but the problem comes back. My baseband is A520FXXUGCTKA.

Haknor

Oct 10, 2017
Santiago
New lineage-18.1 build up

It's a minor update. I am finding it very hard to drop the hacks I used. So unofficial status for 18.1 is here to stay, at least for a while.
  • Configured and enabled ZRAM (~1.5GB)
  • Added microphone enhancment blobs for calls from stock rom
  • Synced latest lineage sources
Microphone blobs are supposed to regulate stuff such as noise cancellaton in calls. They may or might not actually help us here in lineage. Untested, but at least they can't harm for sure.
Where I can find your build to test?!

shafin baque

Jul 16, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Reactions: Haknor

Haknor

Oct 10, 2017
Santiago

Provee

May 31, 2021
Not sure about you guys, but my galaxy a5 on lineage os 17.1 seems to be having ram issues - let me explain. Today while recording a video on my galaxy a5 with lineage os 17.1 official (clean flash and did it twice to make sure it wasn't install related) the video recording stopped and a message popped up "recording stopped due to system running out of memory" and I am recording externally to a 64gb microsd card so storage isn't an issue.

This excessively high ram useage seems to be a really common occurrence for me because I don't have enough ram to multi task say watch a youtube video and open my gallery or another app like chrome without the second program lagging like crazy. Lineage also reports my average ram useage as 2.3 gb so pretty much the entire amount of ram available on the phone. Is there any way to improve ram useage on lineage os 18.1? Because ram useage was never a problem on the stock rom.

Thanks

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
Not sure about you guys, but my galaxy a5 on lineage os 17.1 seems to be having ram issues - let me explain. Today while recording a video on my galaxy a5 with lineage os 17.1 official (clean flash and did it twice to make sure it wasn't install related) the video recording stopped and a message popped up "recording stopped due to system running out of memory" and I am recording externally to a 64gb microsd card so storage isn't an issue.

This excessively high ram useage seems to be a really common occurrence for me because I don't have enough ram to multi task say watch a youtube video and open my gallery or another app like chrome without the second program lagging like crazy. Lineage also reports my average ram useage as 2.3 gb so pretty much the entire amount of ram available on the phone. Is there any way to improve ram useage on lineage os 18.1? Because ram useage was never a problem on the stock rom.

Thanks
This issue has already been adressed in 18.1 since I added ZRAM.

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
@Option58

FYI, I just tried to build LOS 18.1 for a5y17lte and I got the following fatal error:

Code:
[ 75% 74824/98479] //device/samsung/universal7880-common/livedisplay:[email protected] clang++ service.cpp
FAILED: out/soong/.intermediates/device/samsung/universal7880-common/livedisplay/[email protected]/android_arm64_armv8-a_cortex-a53/obj/device/samsung/universal7880-common/livedisplay/service.o
PWD=/proc/self/cwd /usr/bin/ccache prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-r383902b1/bin/clang++ -c -Wno-enum-compare -Wno-enum-compare-switch -Wno-null-pointer-arithmetic -Wno-null-dereference -Wno-pointer-compare -Wno-xor-used-as-pow -Wno-
final-dtor-non-final-class  -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -DANDROID -fmessage-length=0 -W -Wall -Wno-unused -Winit-self -Wpointer-arith -no-canonical-prefixes -DNDEBUG -UDEBUG -fno-exceptions -Wno-multichar -O2 -g -fno-strict-alia
sing -Werror=date-time -Werror=pragma-pack -Werror=pragma-pack-suspicious-include -fdebug-prefix-map=/proc/self/cwd= -D__compiler_offsetof=__builtin_offsetof -faddrsig -Werror=int-conversion -fexperimental-new-pass-manager -Wno-reserved-i
d-macro -Wno-unused-command-line-argument -fcolor-diagnostics -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-defaulted-function-deleted -Wno-inconsistent-missing-override -Wno-c99-designator -ftrivial-auto-var-init=zero -enable-trivial-auto-var-init-zero-knowing
-it-will-be-removed-from-clang -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-short-enums -funwind-tables -fstack-protector-strong -Wa,--noexecstack -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -Werror=return-type -Werror=non-virtual-dtor -Werror=ad
dress -Werror=sequence-point -Werror=format-security -nostdlibinc -march=armv8-a -mcpu=cortex-a53 -target aarch64-linux-android10000 -Bprebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/aarch64/aarch64-linux-android-4.9/aarch64-linux-android/bin -DANDROID_STRICT -f
PIE -Wsign-promo -Wimplicit-fallthrough -D_LIBCPP_ENABLE_THREAD_SAFETY_ANNOTATIONS -Wno-gnu-include-next -fvisibility-inlines-hidden  -Idevice/samsung/universal7880-common/livedisplay -D__LIBC_API__=10000 -D__LIBM_API__=10000 -D__LIBDL_AP
I__=10000 -Iexternal/libcxxabi/include -Isystem/core/base/include -Iexternal/fmtlib/include -Iframeworks/native/libs/binder/include -Isystem/core/libcutils/include -Isystem/core/libutils/include -Isystem/core/libbacktrace/include -Isystem
/core/liblog/include -Isystem/core/libsystem/include -Isystem/core/libprocessgroup/include -Iout/soong/.intermediates/frameworks/native/libs/binder/libbinder/android_arm64_armv8-a_cortex-a53_shared/gen/aidl -Isystem/libhidl/base/include -
Isystem/libhidl/transport/include -Isystem/libhwbinder/include -Iout/soong/.intermediates/system/libhidl/transport/manager/1.0/[email protected]_genc++_headers/gen -Iout/soong/.intermediates/system/libhidl/transport/manager/1.1/and
[email protected]_genc++_headers/gen -Iout/soong/.intermediates/system/libhidl/transport/manager/1.2/[email protected]_genc++_headers/gen -Iout/soong/.intermediates/system/libhidl/transport/base/1.0/[email protected]_genc++
_headers/gen -Iout/soong/.intermediates/hardware/lineage/interfaces/livedisplay/2.0/[email protected]_genc++_headers/gen -Iout/soong/.intermediates/hardware/lineage/interfaces/livedisplay/2.1/[email protected]_ge
nc++_headers/gen -Iexternal/libcxx/include -Ibionic/libc/include -Wall -Werror -std=gnu++17 -fno-rtti -Isystem/core/include -Isystem/media/audio/include -Ihardware/libhardware/include -Ihardware/libhardware_legacy/include -Ihardware/ril/i
nclude -Iframeworks/native/include -Iframeworks/native/opengl/include -Iframeworks/av/include -isystem bionic/libc/include -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/uapi -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/uapi/asm-arm64 -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/android/scs
i -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/android/uapi -Ilibnativehelper/include_jni -Werror=int-to-pointer-cast -Werror=pointer-to-int-cast -Werror=fortify-source -Werror=address-of-temporary -Werror=return-type -Wno-tautological-constant-compare -W
no-tautological-type-limit-compare -Wno-reorder-init-list -Wno-implicit-int-float-conversion -Wno-int-in-bool-context -Wno-sizeof-array-div -Wno-tautological-overlap-compare -Wno-deprecated-copy -Wno-range-loop-construct -Wno-misleading-i
ndentation -Wno-zero-as-null-pointer-constant -Wno-deprecated-anon-enum-enum-conversion -Wno-deprecated-enum-enum-conversion -Wno-string-compare -Wno-enum-enum-conversion -Wno-enum-float-conversion -Wno-pessimizing-move -MD -MF 'out/soong
/.intermediates/device/samsung/universal7880-common/livedisplay/[email protected]/android_arm64_armv8-a_cortex-a53/obj/device/samsung/universal7880-common/livedisplay/service.o'.d -o 'out/soong/.intermed
iates/device/samsung/universal7880-common/livedisplay/[email protected]/android_arm64_armv8-a_cortex-a53/obj/device/samsung/universal7880-common/livedisplay/service.o' device/samsung/universal7880-common
/livedisplay/service.cpp
device/samsung/universal7880-common/livedisplay/service.cpp:23:10: fatal error: 'AntiFlicker.h' file not found
#include "AntiFlicker.h"

roomservice.xml

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" />
  <project path="device/samsung/a5y17lte" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_a5y17lte" />
  <project path="device/samsung/universal7880-common" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_universal7880-common" />
  <project path="hardware/samsung_slsi/exynos7880" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi_exynos7880" />
  <project path="kernel/samsung/universal7880" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_universal7880" />
  <project path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung" />
  <project path="hardware/samsung/nfc" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_nfc" />
  <project path="hardware/samsung_slsi/exynos" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi_exynos" />
  <project path="hardware/samsung_slsi/exynos5" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi_exynos5" />
  <project path="hardware/samsung_slsi/openmax" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi_openmax" />
</manifest>

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
@Option58

FYI, I just tried to build LOS 18.1 for a5y17lte and I got the following fatal error:

Code:
[ 75% 74824/98479] //device/samsung/universal7880-common/livedisplay:[email protected] clang++ service.cpp
FAILED: out/soong/.intermediates/device/samsung/universal7880-common/livedisplay/[email protected]/android_arm64_armv8-a_cortex-a53/obj/device/samsung/universal7880-common/livedisplay/service.o
PWD=/proc/self/cwd /usr/bin/ccache prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-r383902b1/bin/clang++ -c -Wno-enum-compare -Wno-enum-compare-switch -Wno-null-pointer-arithmetic -Wno-null-dereference -Wno-pointer-compare -Wno-xor-used-as-pow -Wno-
final-dtor-non-final-class  -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -DANDROID -fmessage-length=0 -W -Wall -Wno-unused -Winit-self -Wpointer-arith -no-canonical-prefixes -DNDEBUG -UDEBUG -fno-exceptions -Wno-multichar -O2 -g -fno-strict-alia
sing -Werror=date-time -Werror=pragma-pack -Werror=pragma-pack-suspicious-include -fdebug-prefix-map=/proc/self/cwd= -D__compiler_offsetof=__builtin_offsetof -faddrsig -Werror=int-conversion -fexperimental-new-pass-manager -Wno-reserved-i
d-macro -Wno-unused-command-line-argument -fcolor-diagnostics -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-defaulted-function-deleted -Wno-inconsistent-missing-override -Wno-c99-designator -ftrivial-auto-var-init=zero -enable-trivial-auto-var-init-zero-knowing
-it-will-be-removed-from-clang -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-short-enums -funwind-tables -fstack-protector-strong -Wa,--noexecstack -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -Werror=return-type -Werror=non-virtual-dtor -Werror=ad
dress -Werror=sequence-point -Werror=format-security -nostdlibinc -march=armv8-a -mcpu=cortex-a53 -target aarch64-linux-android10000 -Bprebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/aarch64/aarch64-linux-android-4.9/aarch64-linux-android/bin -DANDROID_STRICT -f
PIE -Wsign-promo -Wimplicit-fallthrough -D_LIBCPP_ENABLE_THREAD_SAFETY_ANNOTATIONS -Wno-gnu-include-next -fvisibility-inlines-hidden  -Idevice/samsung/universal7880-common/livedisplay -D__LIBC_API__=10000 -D__LIBM_API__=10000 -D__LIBDL_AP
I__=10000 -Iexternal/libcxxabi/include -Isystem/core/base/include -Iexternal/fmtlib/include -Iframeworks/native/libs/binder/include -Isystem/core/libcutils/include -Isystem/core/libutils/include -Isystem/core/libbacktrace/include -Isystem
/core/liblog/include -Isystem/core/libsystem/include -Isystem/core/libprocessgroup/include -Iout/soong/.intermediates/frameworks/native/libs/binder/libbinder/android_arm64_armv8-a_cortex-a53_shared/gen/aidl -Isystem/libhidl/base/include -
Isystem/libhidl/transport/include -Isystem/libhwbinder/include -Iout/soong/.intermediates/system/libhidl/transport/manager/1.0/[email protected]_genc++_headers/gen -Iout/soong/.intermediates/system/libhidl/transport/manager/1.1/and
[email protected]_genc++_headers/gen -Iout/soong/.intermediates/system/libhidl/transport/manager/1.2/[email protected]_genc++_headers/gen -Iout/soong/.intermediates/system/libhidl/transport/base/1.0/[email protected]_genc++
_headers/gen -Iout/soong/.intermediates/hardware/lineage/interfaces/livedisplay/2.0/[email protected]_genc++_headers/gen -Iout/soong/.intermediates/hardware/lineage/interfaces/livedisplay/2.1/[email protected]_ge
nc++_headers/gen -Iexternal/libcxx/include -Ibionic/libc/include -Wall -Werror -std=gnu++17 -fno-rtti -Isystem/core/include -Isystem/media/audio/include -Ihardware/libhardware/include -Ihardware/libhardware_legacy/include -Ihardware/ril/i
nclude -Iframeworks/native/include -Iframeworks/native/opengl/include -Iframeworks/av/include -isystem bionic/libc/include -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/uapi -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/uapi/asm-arm64 -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/android/scs
i -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/android/uapi -Ilibnativehelper/include_jni -Werror=int-to-pointer-cast -Werror=pointer-to-int-cast -Werror=fortify-source -Werror=address-of-temporary -Werror=return-type -Wno-tautological-constant-compare -W
no-tautological-type-limit-compare -Wno-reorder-init-list -Wno-implicit-int-float-conversion -Wno-int-in-bool-context -Wno-sizeof-array-div -Wno-tautological-overlap-compare -Wno-deprecated-copy -Wno-range-loop-construct -Wno-misleading-i
ndentation -Wno-zero-as-null-pointer-constant -Wno-deprecated-anon-enum-enum-conversion -Wno-deprecated-enum-enum-conversion -Wno-string-compare -Wno-enum-enum-conversion -Wno-enum-float-conversion -Wno-pessimizing-move -MD -MF 'out/soong
/.intermediates/device/samsung/universal7880-common/livedisplay/[email protected]/android_arm64_armv8-a_cortex-a53/obj/device/samsung/universal7880-common/livedisplay/service.o'.d -o 'out/soong/.intermed
iates/device/samsung/universal7880-common/livedisplay/[email protected]/android_arm64_armv8-a_cortex-a53/obj/device/samsung/universal7880-common/livedisplay/service.o' device/samsung/universal7880-common
/livedisplay/service.cpp
device/samsung/universal7880-common/livedisplay/service.cpp:23:10: fatal error: 'AntiFlicker.h' file not found
#include "AntiFlicker.h"

roomservice.xml

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" />
  <project path="device/samsung/a5y17lte" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_a5y17lte" />
  <project path="device/samsung/universal7880-common" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_universal7880-common" />
  <project path="hardware/samsung_slsi/exynos7880" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi_exynos7880" />
  <project path="kernel/samsung/universal7880" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_universal7880" />
  <project path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung" />
  <project path="hardware/samsung/nfc" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_nfc" />
  <project path="hardware/samsung_slsi/exynos" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi_exynos" />
  <project path="hardware/samsung_slsi/exynos5" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi_exynos5" />
  <project path="hardware/samsung_slsi/openmax" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi_openmax" />
</manifest>
Looks like we've missed this. Thank you for this, shall be fixed.

Reactions: gf7800 and Eric_Lev

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
Great news everyone!

I was finally able to drop the hacks (this was tough and lucky one), fixed the issue with microphone going off in some cases and @Simon1511 has brought up sepolicy.

18.1 has no regressions whatsoever in comparison to 17.1. It is even ahead of it. This means that starting from the next week official lineage for our devices will be upgraded to 18.1.

Regarding gapps I recommend OpenGapps. Now dirty upgrade 17.1->18.1+gapps reflashed might be possible. But given the situation with gapps right now I really recommend a clean flash.

Furax31

Dec 27, 2016
Great news everyone!

I was finally able to drop the hacks (this was tough and lucky one), fixed the issue with microphone going off in some cases and @Simon1511 has brought up sepolicy.

18.1 has no regressions whatsoever in comparison to 17.1. It is even ahead of it. This means that starting from the next week official lineage for our devices will be upgraded to 18.1.

Regarding gapps I recommend OpenGapps. Now dirty upgrade 17.1->18.1+gapps reflashed might be possible. But given the situation with gapps right now I really recommend a clean flash.
Good job !

Provee

May 31, 2021
Great news everyone!

Awesome work!

Btw will you be able to make some small updates like having it do the phone cannot be turned off or put into air plane mode without being unlocked first? This makes it so people can't steal your phone and immediately turn it off or put it into airplane mode to avoid tracking.

Also being able to resize multi windows to any size you want and not the default 50:50 would be super nice. It would allow me to make the YouTube window as big as it needs to be removing all dead space and have as much room as possible for the second window like internet.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
Awesome work!

Btw will you be able to make some small updates like having it do the phone cannot be turned off or put into air plane mode without being unlocked first? This makes it so people can't steal your phone and immediately turn it off or put it into airplane mode to avoid tracking.

Also being able to resize multi windows to any size you want and not the default 50:50 would be super nice. It would allow me to make the YouTube window as big as it needs to be removing all dead space and have as much room as possible for the second window like internet.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Thanks. You should however ask somewhere else as I don't do framework I only maintain device-specific stuff.

Reactions: gf7800 and Provee

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Youtube is still stuttering but no idea why this is the case.

Could you just flash this zip and report back?
    Hallo,

Okay I tried viper4arise via magisk and V4A worked but it couldn't fixed my problem.

I also flashed the pixel experience Rom and there I have the same problem with the crackling in WiFi call. Only on the Rise_Q Rom it works perfectly so well I have to keep to that Rom or buy a different phone but the most phones are toooooo big for me.

Edit: So I did found a solution at first I guess, I flashed crdroid Android 11 and the RiseKernel-v1.6. I changed in the Kernel adiutor TCP Congestion to "cubic" and it helps a bit on that Rom with the custom kernel. I will try it on lineage again without flashing the Kernel but change the TCP if it helps. ;)

Edit again: This helped in my case but you have to root your device download the kernel adiutor and set the TCP Congestion to "cubic" or try any other if it doesnt help, at all it isnt solved at all still little cracks but not too much at the moment.
    Will do, I will flash it this evening and report back.

Is there a way to unflash this zip incase it causes a boot loop?
    It won't. But you just flash any lineage build.
    Could you just flash this zip and report back?
    OK flashed it and upon early testing the stutter is still there. I will play around with enabling force vp9 codec and see if that helps.

I've noticed it happens even more frequently if I were watching a video, pause the video, then switch to a game while the video is in the back ground paused, then switched back to youtube from said game (but closing the game so it isn't open in the back ground).

Again thank you so much for taking the time and spending the effort to help me out with this YouTube stutter. And thanks for continually pushing to perfect lineage os on this phone. I personally, and many others as well, greatly appreciate your work.
    OK flashed it and upon early testing the stutter is still there. I will play around with enabling force vp9 codec and see if that helps.

I've noticed it happens even more frequently if I were watching a video, pause the video, then switch to a game while the video is in the back ground paused, then switched back to youtube from said game (but closing the game so it isn't open in the back ground).

Again thank you so much for taking the time and spending the effort to help me out with this YouTube stutter. And thanks for continually pushing to perfect lineage os on this phone. I personally, and many others as well, greatly appreciate your work.
    Sorry to hear that. No problem.
    LineageOS 18.1 Official for Galaxy A5|7 2017

Lineage_OS_Logo_Wiki_main.jpg

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (r), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.​

What's working?

• Audio
    • Calls
    • Wifi
    • Hotspot
    • Mobile data
    • GPS
    • Bluetooth
    • Fingerprint
    • Hardware composer
    • OpenMAX (hardware encoding/decoding)
    • Camera (photos + recording)
    • NFC
    • Sensors
    • Vibration
    • Double tap to wake
    • Always on display
    • Software encryption
    • Sepolicy

Supported variants

All variants of Galaxy A5 (2017) and Galaxy A7 (2017). Dual SIM is also supported.

How to install
    1. Make sure you had Samsung's Oreo firmware bootloader and modem before installing this.
    2. Make sure you are using the latest official TWRP version.
    3. Download the lineage build and optionally google apps.
    4. In TWRP format data (if you still have stock rom encryption).
    5. In TWRP wipe data and cache.
    6. Flash LineageOS.
    7. Optional: Flash Google apps (rightafter).
    8. Reboot.

LineageOS updater will handle updates automatically (OTA).
    If you're flashing manually, it's okay to dirty flash.

Downloads

A5 2017: download.lineageos.org | wiki.lineageos.org | twrp.me
    A7 2017: download.lineageos.org | wiki.lineageos.org | twrp.me
    Google apps (arm64): wiki.lineageos.org

Old builds:
    18.1 beta: mega
    17.1 last official: androidfilehost
    17.1 alpha/beta: androidfilehost
    16.0 last official: mega
    16.0 alpha/beta: get.mcfy.fr
    15.1 last beta: androidfilehost
    14.1 last official: get.mcfy.fr

Donations
    Isn't necessary. But if my work really helped you, you could buy me coffee/beer/whatever via this link.

Telegram
    There's a telegram group made by A5|7 users where we hang out. Feel free to check it out.

Credits
    Huge thanks to:
    • @RaymanFX for the original work on lineage 14.1 and thus making this possible.
    • @forkbomb444 for valuable contribution to 7880 sources.
    • @Simon1511 for contributing to these devices via patches uploaded to lineageos gerrit.
    • @Stricted, @danwood76 and Dario for contribution to exynos platform.
    • @SGTPresticle for doing the testing.
    • LineageOS Team
    • Me, for the infinite hours spent on this project. :p

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][11][A5|7 2017] LineageOS 18.1 Official [WEEKLY], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series 2017 A5 and A7

Contributors
    Option58
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_universal7880

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.140
    ROM Firmware Required: Samsung oreo firmware

Version Information
    Weekly

Created 2018-12-07
    Last Updated 2020-08-13
    FAQ
    Help my sim doesn't work
    Please read the installation instructions more carefully. Oreo firmware bootloader and modem is a must.
    You can find the collection along with the guide in THIS xda thread.

I'm sometimes having crackling sound when listening to music
    Turn off 'ok google now' functionality in google app settings. If you have troubles finding it you can as well go to settings>apps, find app called 'google' and disable microphone permission.

Does this rom support VoLTE?
    No. And it likely won't in the near future. Samsung's exynos VoLTE implementation is proprietary and non-standard. It is not possible on AOSP based roms for the time being.

My camera flash doesn't work
    This is an issue with the camera app. Just tap to focus anywhere and it will start working.

My device fails to encrypt
    1. You were likely using older TWRP, update to the latest version
    2. Backup your data somewhere (external sd, pc...)
    3. In TWRP Advanced -> Format data.

My hardware keys light up whenever I touch the screen
    Navigate to Settings->System->Buttons->Backlight and tick 'Illuminate buttons only when pressed'. You might want to reduce time on the scaler to 1 second, too.

How to switch to full screen gestures
    1. Navigate to Settings->System->Buttons->Backlight and tick 'Enable on-screen nav bar'.
    2. Navigate to Settings->System->Gestures->System navigation and tick 'Gesture navigation'.
    New build up!

This one is huge. The changelog list is big and I've probably fixed more bugs in the previous 7 days than I did in the past 6 months.
    Lineage 17.1 for this device is getting better and a lot of bugs are squashed now. We can now declare this a beta!

All the changes for this build are now properly sorted and merged-in. You can easily find everything at github.com/LineageOS, build the rom yourselves and contribute with new code, if you are able to.

• Beta 3.0
      • Pulled RIL blobs from G965F Q firmware (more modern, fixes signal strength)
      • Fixed issues with connecting to RILD (fixes in-call volume, fixes echo in calls)
      • Updated GPS blobs from A720S P firmware (better signal, we are actually able to acquire a lock)
      • Updated fingerprint blobs from A720S P firmware (works more reliably, dropped all hacks)
      • Pulled sensors from A720F O firmware (cleaner)
      • Updated DRM to support Widevine L1
      • More HALs are binderized
      • Build FlipFlap (a flip cover app)
      • Fully written and enforced selinux policy
      • Latest LineageOS sources

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=304603
    Also I've just updated my sources so you can fully build the rom again.

I've tested some roms like PixelExperience today on my device. It's not bad with the added 'google' feel to it. Later I might test RR and others.
    All that I'm asking from both developers and users is please be clear that these roms are based on LineageOS. Meaning that most of the hard work that actually got them to work was done here, on LineageOS. And unfortunately most of the issues they are facing as well :p Work was done by RaymanFX, forkbomb, and in the latest days by me. Not respecting this makes me less motivated to keep working on the device.

Cheers :highfive: