• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][albus] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

Kozma_Prutkov

Mar 22, 2021
How to remove it.jpg

koizumi7

Mar 14, 2013
After flashing the ROM with TWRP I keep getting "Error: failed to load kernel!" message. Tried both: vanilla and plus version. What am I missing? I'm, upgrading from stock 8.0.0 RETEU version.

koizumi7

Mar 14, 2013
First you need Android 9 stock, then you can flash an android 10 or 11 based ROM
Thanks for the tip! I was a bit concerned about installing RETAIL soft on RETEU device without the possibility to downgrade (RETEU doesn't have the Android 9 version). However, since it seems that these versions differ mostly by LTE frequencies I gave it a shot and everything went smoothly.

kontemp

Nov 8, 2019
My question is the same.

I am looking for a stable Z2Play ROM which does not do random reboots.
AICP by marcost22 and RR by HeltonMax are both solid-rock-stable.
But unfortunately RR has some audio and moto-mods issues, and AICP is not quite battery friendly...

What is your experience with this PixelExperience? ;) Do you get random reboots on it?

uncle.zz

Dec 15, 2015
Tbilisi
AICP by marcost22 and RR by HeltonMax are both solid-rock-stable.
But unfortunately RR has some audio and moto-mods issues, and AICP is not quite battery friendly...

What is your experience with this PixelExperience? ;) Do you get random reboots on it?
Thanks for your reply!
I removed PE and now want to find if the random reboots are gone.
Currently, it has Stock 8 on. Downgraded from 9, because of reboots.
I tested some of ROM-s before but non of them was properly baked.
Now I am still looking at custom ROMs with the hope to get rid of the random reboots

kontemp

Nov 8, 2019
Thanks for your reply!
I removed PE and now want to find if the random reboots are gone.
Currently, it has Stock 8 on. Downgraded from 9, because of reboots.
I tested some of ROM-s before but non of them was properly baked.
Now I am still looking at custom ROMs with the hope to get rid of the random reboots
@uncle.zz: Try dotOS from HeltonMax - I'm using it for last couple of days and I think it's awesome! 🙂 But the installation process shall be performed correctly, as the maintainer points in the beginning of that thread - see my post at the end of the dotOS thread.
Regards!

Reactions: uncle.zz

Gustavo Bernardes

May 11, 2021
A tela do meu celular fica ativada direto, como desativar esse recurso??

My cell phone screen is directly activated, how to disable this feature?

louisli

Mar 2, 2008
Google Nexus 5
LG Nexus 5X
Hi, in step 1 of "Installing a custom recovery using fastboot", I was asked to "Download the PixelExperience Recovery. Simply download the latest recovery file"

The link leads to the download of the PixelExperience ROM, and I cannot find any clues to a "latest recovery file", does that mean the ROM itself is also the recovery file? Or it doesn't really need the recovery file to proceed?

Thanks

kontemp

Nov 8, 2019
Hi, in step 1 of "Installing a custom recovery using fastboot", I was asked to "Download the PixelExperience Recovery. Simply download the latest recovery file"

The link leads to the download of the PixelExperience ROM, and I cannot find any clues to a "latest recovery file", does that mean the ROM itself is also the recovery file? Or it doesn't really need the recovery file to proceed?

Thanks
I've used TWRP 3.5 and everything went fine.

louisli

Mar 2, 2008
Google Nexus 5
LG Nexus 5X
I have tried this ROM for a week now, here's a list of something that doesn't work (properly) on my machine.

1. Encryption - Encryption just gets frozen at the boot screen, I have to format and reinstall everything.
2. Weather on the "At a glance" widget (the one that cannot be moved) on the home screen does not always show - If I put another Google "At a glance" widget below it, the weather icon will always show. It doesn't make sense to put two glance widget on the home screen so I had to accept the flaw.
3. Adaptive brightness - After turning this on, the screen brightness is overall too much for me, I have to slide the brightness back to the middle to be more comfortable. After a while, the brightness goes all the way up again (under office environment).

Things I haven't tried yet:
- NFC - The NFC on my device doesn't work, could be already dead
- Calls - Nobody calls...

Top Liked Posts