[ROM][11]Android Open Source illusion Project (27 Feb)[hotdogg][Unofficial]

Search This thread

cyapalmpos

Feb 12, 2011
I figured out the issue. I was flashing from the bootloader and not the fastboot reboot fastboot (blue Chinese letters) screen. This is where it needs to be flashed. Not from the bootloader. Once I did that I was set. Had some help from the telegram forum folks. Mostly SirenOndine and Jamesgryffindor99. They were patient with the new old guy and all my stupid questions. They cleared up a ton for me. I wrote a step by step guide for noobs like me because I plan on doing this for my family and friends. It think, right now, this ROM / lineage is the best de-googled rom and the 7t pro McLaren is the best phone. If I'm wrong show me a de-googled rom (NO GAPPS Option) that supports a better (stats) phone, please. I'll start working on that next.

It needs some cleaning up (the guide), but I have the process saved from literal START to Finish. Including unlocking the boot loader, rooting, and flashing the rom, backing up, flashing persist, all of it. I kept a running log while I was doing it, bricking, unbricking, moving forward. Works like a charm. Thanks for the reply.

My first fall back into the fray was with a Sony XA2 Ultra. What a mistake. No VOLTE = IMEI blocked by all carriers. Yes, I tried them all. All had it blocked and unable to activate (yes the IMEI was clean.) This time everything worked pretty darn flawless.

By the way. To the developers. this ROM is fantastic and stable. Everything works for me. Coming from old cyanogen flashing this was a bit more involved on the One Plus 7T pro McLaren, but when I got help from the group on Telegram I got it done. Network compatibility with the McLaren is fantastic. Eventually I will post my guide from START TO FINISH after I do a phone from start to finish a couple of more times. Thanks again for a such a sexy ROM. The owl is what sold me. The performance is what has kept me so far.
I'd love to see your guide

Reactions: Koont

chefcesarpr

Aug 11, 2007
He is right, you need to "fastboot reboot fastboot" from bootloader (green "Start" screen).
This will bring you to fastbootd (looks like OnePlus recovery).
You must flash from here since bootloader doesn't have access to the needed partitions, hence the "Partition not found" errors you got.
Thank you so much for the clarification. Will try again over the weekend.

rainland666

Feb 25, 2021
I am getting below error after unlock the bootloader

fastboot update AOSiP-11-Ravioli-hotdogg-20210227-gapp-fastboot.zip
--------------------------------------------
Bootloader Version...:
Baseband Version.....:
Serial Number........: 59f6fba4
extracting android-info.txt (0 MB) to RAM...
Setting current slot to 'a' OKAY [ 0.009s]
extracting boot.img (96 MB) to disk... took 0.227s
archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
Sending 'boot_a' (98304 KB) OKAY [ 2.290s]
Writing 'boot_a' OKAY [ 0.333s]
extracting dtbo.img (24 MB) to disk... took 0.085s
archive does not contain 'dtbo.sig'
Sending 'dtbo' (24576 KB) OKAY [ 0.550s]
Writing 'dtbo' OKAY [ 0.064s]
archive does not contain 'dt.img'
archive does not contain 'pvmfw.img'
archive does not contain 'recovery.img'
extracting vbmeta.img (0 MB) to disk... took 0.001s
archive does not contain 'vbmeta.sig'
Sending 'vbmeta' (8 KB) OKAY [ 0.006s]
Writing 'vbmeta' OKAY [ 0.003s]
extracting vbmeta_system.img (0 MB) to disk... took 0.105s
archive does not contain 'vbmeta_system.sig'
Sending 'vbmeta_system' (4 KB) OKAY [ 0.006s]
Writing 'vbmeta_system' OKAY [ 0.002s]
archive does not contain 'vendor_boot.img'
archive does not contain 'super_empty.img'
archive does not contain 'boot_other.img'
extracting odm.img (2 MB) to disk... took 0.017s
archive does not contain 'odm.sig'
Sending 'odm' (2512 KB) OKAY [ 0.065s]
Writing 'odm' FAILED (remote: 'Partition not found')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Can you please help?

rainland666

Feb 25, 2021
HI
All working great anyone having issues with the fastboot reboot command they more than likely out of date. Also its worth mentioning the difference in the bootloader screen and the fastboot one.

The boot loader is the multi-colared one and the correct fast boot screen when doing fastboot reboot fastboot is all black screen with different language selections bottom being english
Hi Buddy

How did you manage to flash this ROM into this 7T pro device?

I am currently facing below error once I flash from the fastboot, can you please shed some lights?

factorion

Jan 1, 2014
I am getting below error after unlock the bootloader

fastboot update AOSiP-11-Ravioli-hotdogg-20210227-gapp-fastboot.zip
Bootloader Version...:
Baseband Version.....:
Serial Number........: 59f6fba4
extracting android-info.txt (0 MB) to RAM...
Setting current slot to 'a' OKAY [ 0.009s]
extracting boot.img (96 MB) to disk... took 0.227s
archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
Sending 'boot_a' (98304 KB) OKAY [ 2.290s]
Writing 'boot_a' OKAY [ 0.333s]
extracting dtbo.img (24 MB) to disk... took 0.085s
archive does not contain 'dtbo.sig'
Sending 'dtbo' (24576 KB) OKAY [ 0.550s]
Writing 'dtbo' OKAY [ 0.064s]
archive does not contain 'dt.img'
archive does not contain 'pvmfw.img'
archive does not contain 'recovery.img'
extracting vbmeta.img (0 MB) to disk... took 0.001s
archive does not contain 'vbmeta.sig'
Sending 'vbmeta' (8 KB) OKAY [ 0.006s]
Writing 'vbmeta' OKAY [ 0.003s]
extracting vbmeta_system.img (0 MB) to disk... took 0.105s
archive does not contain 'vbmeta_system.sig'
Sending 'vbmeta_system' (4 KB) OKAY [ 0.006s]
Writing 'vbmeta_system' OKAY [ 0.002s]
archive does not contain 'vendor_boot.img'
archive does not contain 'super_empty.img'
archive does not contain 'boot_other.img'
extracting odm.img (2 MB) to disk... took 0.017s
archive does not contain 'odm.sig'
Sending 'odm' (2512 KB) OKAY [ 0.065s]
Writing 'odm' FAILED (remote: 'Partition not found')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Can you please help?

After you ran fastboot reboot fastboot, did you touch anything on the screen or let it stay at the language menu?

rainland666

Feb 25, 2021
After you ran fastboot reboot fastboot, did you touch anything on the screen or let it stay at the language menu?

You are right, I had successfully flashed this ROM and it was a smooth experience

My only issue is that I lost the cellular service from visible network, MSM tool to get back to stock and it is still no phone calls/data, only text message

Not sure what is broken now

marcusrab

Sep 28, 2009
chicago, IL
You are right, I had successfully flashed this ROM and it was a smooth experience

My only issue is that I lost the cellular service from visible network, MSM tool to get back to stock and it is still no phone calls/data, only text message

Try this..

Settings --> network & internet --> mobile network --> preferred network type

mess around with those... try NR/LTE .. if not, try NR only... go down that list of network types and see if it fixes your issue.

rainland666

Feb 25, 2021
Try this..

Settings --> network & internet --> mobile network --> preferred network type

mess around with those... try NR/LTE .. if not, try NR only... go down that list of network types and see if it fixes your issue.
Tried all of the options available and it still not picking up signals

2G/3G/LTE/5G (Automatic)
2G/3G/LTE/ (Automatic)
2G/3G (Automatic)
3G/LTE/5G
3G/LTE
2G only

Constrabus

Jun 19, 2009
NYC

If you have a non-tmobile SIM, I've seen people have luck with the Global option

yellowredblue132

Jul 20, 2018
Is there any way to modify the lock screen where the pin is typed in? The area where the numbers are located is really high up on the screen and is a bit awkward to type.

sabre66

Jun 2, 2012
Hi, just put this ROM on. Real nice, thank you. A few things as I am a bit new to this.

I want to get Google Pay working - right now it does not find my payment methods. Can i relock to the bootloader and it should work, or do i need to root w/ magisk for this to work?

Also, I dont think wifi calling is working. Any extra steps to be sure that works.?
Does face unlock work?

(I tried Telegram but could not post there)

Reactions: heichi13

heichi13

Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
Hello everyone. Really new to the device. Just had this ROM flashed but seems there is no fingerprint sensor. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Adding on that it seems to be hitting QUALCOMM CrashDump Mode a lot. I haven't gotten a clean run on it without doing so. Sometimes receiving below:

SFR Init: wdog or kernel error suspected. subsys_err_fatal_intr_handlerSFR Init: wdog or kernel error suspected.
subsys_wdog_bite_irq_handler

Last edited:

Gamesoul Master

Aug 26, 2010
Been running this ROM for a couple days now, seems pretty solid. Battery life seems about the same or slightly worse than stock (no big deal). Screen isn't quite as bright, or the scaling isn't the same as stock, as I need to have it set around 80% to be as bright as ~60% on stock (again, no big deal). Fingerprint scanner doesn't work at all, though that may be related to the issue stock faces after unlocking the bootloader (I backed up the relevant partitions beforehand, may try flashing them at some point).

My primary issue, though, is with ringtones. The ROM seems to find them whether they're in the relevant folders inside "media" or they're in similar folders at the root directory. Between ringtones and notification sounds, I have 41 currently. The best way I can describe this issue is that if there's a bunch of them in one folder, it doesn't show any of them. If I copy a few to a different folder, it sees those few. If I copy the rest to that second folder, it stops seeing them. All with reboots to get the media scanner going.

Also, it doesn't seem to always differentiate between ringtones (for incoming calls) and notification sounds (for most everything else). Normally, it should just be looking in the ringtones folder for ringtones, and just the notifications folder for notification sounds.

eqroiueq

Aug 27, 2017
MSM Readback (Windows Only)
Download Tool
Grab any MSM Tool version

Obtain Backup
- Launch tool
- Select Target 'TMO'
- Press F8 (password is 'oneplus')
- Select Partitions & Hit OK
(persist.img and reserve.img are very important, but can't hurt to have a copy of everything, use Ctrl-A to select all)
- Put phone in EDL mode (SEE NOTE)
- Enumerate device
- Click Readback & Wait
(Files will be dumped to C:/)
Whenever I try this (MSM V5.0.17), it fails reading persist "FirehoseReadData Failed, Errno: 31". I've also tried the Linux tool, but got a message about the Sierra mode (I don't have that computer in front of me).
What am I doing wrong?

Edit: The Linux edl tool output:
Code:
% ./edl.py rl dumps/ --memory=ufs --genxml --skip=userdata
Qualcomm Sahara / Firehose Client V3.3 (c) B.Kerler 2018-2021.
main - Trying with no loader given ...
main - Waiting for the device
main - Device detected :)
main - Unknown mode. Aborting.
There *was* something about "unknown sahara state" before.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

Code:
    **** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER]
    Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:
    AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
    Akhil Narang
    Harsh Shandilya
    Anirudh Gupta

Bug reporting:

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed​
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)​
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)​
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log​
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.​

Source code:

Unlock Warning:
    By unlocking a OnePlus phone, you can loose permanent functionality in fingerprint scanner and OTAs for Stock ROMS
    Please see 3rd post for backup instructions BEFORE you unlock your device
    Join our Telegram Chat for added support

Downloads:
    ROM (MIRROR)
    GAPPS (11)
    GCAM (Wichaya)
    MAGISK
    TWRP (3.4.0-2 by mauronofrio)

Credit/Thanks:
    Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google for Android and AOSP
    LineageOS
    ABC ROM
    AquariOS
    BootleggersROM
    Dirty Unicorns
    PixelExperience
    OmniROM
    CarbonROM
    nathanchance
    ---------
    Other projects whose work helped us to create this
    And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible​
    @jasonziter
    I think that's the same issue I had, had to use the gapps zip file which caused issues with some of the google apps I had installed. Might try copying the needed files into the regular fastboot.zip?

@gtxaspec
    I have the same issue. My gpay card comes up, but tapping on that or device controls just backs out of the power menu.

I figured out the issue. I was flashing from the bootloader and not the fastboot reboot fastboot (blue Chinese letters) screen. This is where it needs to be flashed. Not from the bootloader. Once I did that I was set. Had some help from the telegram forum folks. Mostly SirenOndine and Jamesgryffindor99. They were patient with the new old guy and all my stupid questions. They cleared up a ton for me. I wrote a step by step guide for noobs like me because I plan on doing this for my family and friends. It think, right now, this ROM / lineage is the best de-googled rom and the 7t pro McLaren is the best phone. If I'm wrong show me a de-googled rom (NO GAPPS Option) that supports a better (stats) phone, please. I'll start working on that next.

It needs some cleaning up (the guide), but I have the process saved from literal START to Finish. Including unlocking the boot loader, rooting, and flashing the rom, backing up, flashing persist, all of it. I kept a running log while I was doing it, bricking, unbricking, moving forward. Works like a charm. Thanks for the reply.

My first fall back into the fray was with a Sony XA2 Ultra. What a mistake. No VOLTE = IMEI blocked by all carriers. Yes, I tried them all. All had it blocked and unable to activate (yes the IMEI was clean.) This time everything worked pretty darn flawless.

By the way. To the developers. this ROM is fantastic and stable. Everything works for me. Coming from old cyanogen flashing this was a bit more involved on the One Plus 7T pro McLaren, but when I got help from the group on Telegram I got it done. Network compatibility with the McLaren is fantastic. Eventually I will post my guide from START TO FINISH after I do a phone from start to finish a couple of more times. Thanks again for a such a sexy ROM. The owl is what sold me. The performance is what has kept me so far.
    Just wanted to give you a little something. I appreciate the Rom and the updates. Transaction
    2TV57730XG423470R
    Thank you so much, very appreciated. I've put many many months, days, hours into this project so it means a lot.
    Phone doesn't want to connect to 5g unless forced into me only mode

Running the latest update as well
    Edit looks like it's an icon bug, speed tests show upwards of 200mbps down so that's clearly a 5g connection
    Everyone else has 5G icon no problem, join Telegram for extra support.

Also, 18th build had broken in-call earpiece and mic audio, so I just released a small update.
    Non-gapp is up. Gapp build coming within the hour.
    New build is posted