[ROM][11][AOSP] PixelExperience for OnePlus Nord N10 5G [UNOFFICIAL][BILLIE]

Search This thread

vikra007

Oct 13, 2015
I have the old version that was released in Jan 2022. Is there anyway I can update to the latest release without resetting data?I dont want to reinstall all the custom apps.

junk0

Jun 13, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
I have the old version that was released in Jan 2022. Is there anyway I can update to the latest release without resetting data?I dont want to reinstall all the custom apps.
Warning first: It isn't recommended & if you have any issues you'll need to clean flag before reporting them.

Answer: I did just what you asked over the weekend. I flashed recover img to both a & b partitions. Then booted the recovery img to partition b & side loaded the new zip. Then went back to fastboot & switched to partition a. Booted recovery img & side loaded the new zip. After that I booted up & all data still there (no wipe).

I still plan to clean flash some night this week but wanted to try this as an experiment.

vikra007

Oct 13, 2015
Warning first: It isn't recommended & if you have any issues you'll need to clean flag before reporting them.

Answer: I did just what you asked over the weekend. I flashed recover img to both a & b partitions. Then booted the recovery img to partition b & side loaded the new zip. Then went back to fastboot & switched to partition a. Booted recovery img & side loaded the new zip. After that I booted up & all data still there (no wipe).

I still plan to clean flash some night this week but wanted to try this as an experiment.
can you give exact commands?

vikra007

Oct 13, 2015
any app to backup all data as zip? can I use TWRP to do this and upgrade and reload TWRP and install data?

Oct 24, 2016
Faisalabad
Indeed though some extent this rom is stable, but i feels it's need some extra features such as "Picture adjustment" in Live Display settings and Dirac audio tuner as in stock rom so will turn into more interesting one. Big thanks to all devs who will take interest to fetch up these two features accommodate with this rom.
IMG_20220409_111730_490.jpg

ca5bah

Jun 22, 2013
So I'm running into an issue on my Nord N10 5g in which roms will not flash via sideload, any idea what to check? I know people talk about partition stuff, but I'm not quite sure. There aren't any error messages, it just always reboots to the same OoS rom after the flash stops at 47%.

animenote

Jan 22, 2011
So I'm running into an issue on my Nord N10 5g in which roms will not flash via sideload, any idea what to check? I know people talk about partition stuff, but I'm not quite sure. There aren't any error messages, it just always reboots to the same OoS rom after the flash stops at 47%.
In the pixel experience recovery mode it should tell you which slot is active on the top left also this method worked for me :
Reboot to bootloader & with your phone connected to your computer via USB and run this command through adb:
fastboot --set-active=a
Then reboot to recovery then flash the rom
Repeat first step except setting the active slot to b
fastboot --set-active=b
Then go back to recovery and flash the rom again then when that's finished run a factory reset via recovery then reboot, it should run without any problems, good luck!
Also heard android 12L is available for the pixel experience rom hopefully op gets us in on that somehow if possible!

ca5bah

Jun 22, 2013
In the pixel experience recovery mode it should tell you which slot is active on the top left also this method worked for me :
Reboot to bootloader & with your phone connected to your computer via USB and run this command through adb:
fastboot --set-active=a
Then reboot to recovery then flash the rom
Repeat first step except setting the active slot to b
fastboot --set-active=b
Then go back to recovery and flash the rom again then when that's finished run a factory reset via recovery then reboot, it should run without any problems, good luck!
Also heard android 12L is available for the pixel experience rom hopefully op gets us in on that somehow if possible!
Thanks! I'll give it a go.

Edit: it worked, thank you!

Last edited:

Sportfreunde

Oct 16, 2012
Few things.

-I gave up on trying to root this with the default recovery and just flashed TWRP and then installed magisk.zip to get root. Is this ok or will this cause issues? Root seems to be working fine at least.
-Anyone have a good de-bloat script for this? I don't really want any Google stuff outside of Maps. I went with this ROM instead of Lineage though cos the Lineage one seems to be giving people a lot of errors and has less stuff working. This phone sadly has a lack of supported ROMs.
-I had to follow the steps from animenote to set boot slot to B to get this to load instead of just the default one each time. Does this mean I still have stock ROM installed on my slot if I switch in fastboot to slot A?
-How does this affect the audio? Is it as good as it is in default stock ROM or would people recommend installing something like Viper4Android?

Last edited:

Gammelstulle

Jan 18, 2017
I am really glad with your custom rom. The runs so butter smooth, a million times better than oxygen OS. i have no idea what they are doing at oneplus with this phone but this rom makes my phone finally usable again...

Last edited:

shour12

Jun 24, 2022
Pixel can be flashed by using Twrp

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220624-191740_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220624-191740_Settings.png
    191.8 KB · Views: 56

shour12

Jun 24, 2022
Pixel can be flashed by using Twrp

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220624-191821_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220624-191821_Settings.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20220624-191838_Pixel_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220624-191838_Pixel_Launcher.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 66

shour12

Jun 24, 2022
Installation technique of Pixel experience plus
Update oxygen OS to latest
Download rom
Download Twrp 3.5.1
Unlock bootloader
USB debug enable Use adb give command "adb reboot bootloader"
Then Flash recovery "fastboot flash recovery filename"
Then "fastboot reboot recovery"
Copy rom file in the internal storage of Nord n10
Open file and install
Reboot the system
When one plus logo appears wait for 2 Then,
Turn off phone by holding" volume and power key"
When screen gets black Then hold "volume down key and power key" for few seconds.it will take you to pixel recovery.
Now factory reset your device
Then reboot system again.
Pixel installation will start and finishes in 2 mins .
Volla enjoy the Pixel experience rom

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220624-191838_Pixel_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220624-191838_Pixel_Launcher.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20220624-191821_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220624-191821_Settings.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20220624-191740_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220624-191740_Settings.png
    191.8 KB · Views: 51

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus Nord N10 5G [billie]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)
    Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    DT2W
    You tell me! :)

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=2981970449027577418
    MD5: 53C4B515DDCC722A59510C161209F916
    SHA-1: CCA686001DA7959C0E953D1948FB3626CF66987F

RECOVERY: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=2981970449027577417

MD5: BFE3114F2A966E03CFD0CF6C0040146B
    SHA-1: B14B3102C97C15E3C7C045182489514C0827713F

In case you need it for magisk or any other reason, here's the boot image as well:
    BOOT IMAGE: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=2981970449027577416
    MD5: CFE13188A29FD82AD8134DA706D06730
    SHA-1: FC023DEC26372B2F9E8EEF054635561092DCF2EF

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Download the ROM and Recovery image
    2. Boot into bootloader/fastboot mode
    * adb reboot bootloader
    3. Flash the Recovery image
    * fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    4. Boot into Recovery
    * fastboot reboot-recovery
    5. Perform a Factory Reset/Wipe in Recovery
    6. Go to Apply Update and choose Apply from ADB
    7. Sideload the ROM
    * adb sideload rom.zip
    Reboot and voila!

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Follow us on Telegram

Contributors @iamsaalim, @kronflux, @billaids

ROM source: https://github.com/PixelExperience
    Device sources: https://github.com/kronflux/device_oneplus_billie
    Kernel source: https://github.com/danascape/kernel_oneplus_billie

ROM OS Version: 11.x

ROM Kernel: 4.19.125

ROM Firmware Required: OxygenOS 11.x

Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 22-01-2022

Last Updated 22-03-2022
    Is this an update, and if so do you update through the recovery. Also does updating reset userdata
    It is not an update, you can't go from the previous version of pixel experience to this one.

Unlike the previous version which requires you being on Android 10 before installing pixel experience, you've gotta be on Android 11.

You'd lose user data by having to go back to stock for the Android 11 update (again when unlocking bootloader, and again if you choose to format your device after installing the rom)

It's a bit of time, but the effort is definitely worth it if you have somewhere to store your files momentarily.
    yeah works like a charm now. Deeply appreciate this. Im still new to all this and accidentally bricked my tcl 20 pro 5g a little while ago.
    Glad to hear you've got it up and running.

Yeah, it's always a coin toss when flashing anymore. Almost always worth it once you get those kinks out.
    For some reason adb sideload stops at 47% and I see step 2/2 on my screen. With no indication of it's complete or not. Upon backing out it immediately says complete but doesn't boot, and instead boots into the bootloader
    If it gets to 47% it's finished. (It happens with every recovery and rom for some reason)

It goes right to the bootloader because you have to flash both slots with the rom.

You're halfway there basically.
    Use fastboot to switch slots and sideload PE again.
    You should be all good to go, just make sure to factory reset after sideloading.