• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][BECKHAM] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

mrday

Jun 22, 2016
Actually it doesn't seems to work for me or probably this solution is temporarily, plus magisk (hide magisks, no root) block different applications. I think that the assistant won't work with screen off until google will change policy.
And there is an intelligible instruction for installing Magisk on this firmware (for dummies?
For what I remember:
CMD: adb Reboot recovery
Apply Update
Apply from ADB
CMD: adb sideload Magisk-vxxx.xxx.zip

jeferson1979

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2018
Taió
sourceforge.net
Moto X
Moto X 2014
Coming soon....
Screenshot_20211015-211731.png
screenshot_20211015-211739-png.5434199

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211015-234606.png
    Screenshot_20211015-234606.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 55

QkiZMR

Mar 21, 2011
Warsaw
Moto G5S Plus
Moto Z3 Play
I updated to the 2021/10/08 Plus version and skipped the 2021/09/27 version. Everything works great on my XT1929-8 except automatic brightness - it's always too bright. Even if I'm in a dark place and unblock my device it burns my eyes with 75% of brightness. I see that something changed in 2021/09/27:
Updated brightness values from lemonadep
Hello everyone, good day! I have a question, I have the Chinese version of moto z3 xt1929-15 (non-Play version), my question is whether this rom is compatible with my device, thank you!
My XT1929-8 isn't on the list of supported devices but it works fine.

MagusWRM

Nov 16, 2012
Uberlândia
www.tbit.com.br
...except automatic brightness - it's always too bright. Even if I'm in a dark place and unblock my device it burns my eyes with 75% of brightness.

I'm not sure but I think the automatic brightness has some user input (as learning), so you have to manually adjust it to what you think is the best for the current scenario (set 0% on dark rooms and 100% when outside) a couple of times before it becomes automatic good.

The last update came with a values update -- hardware input is not 0% or 100% but raw values like 13, 30, 55... so the dev must set what raw value is 0% and what raw value is 100%.
Said that, the raw values changed since last update and therefore the previous automatic brightness learning got a bit mislead; you may have to adjust it manually for a new and corrected learning.

QkiZMR

Mar 21, 2011
Warsaw
Moto G5S Plus
Moto Z3 Play
I'm not sure but I think the automatic brightness has some user input (as learning), so you have to manually adjust it to what you think is the best for the current scenario (set 0% on dark rooms and 100% when outside) a couple of times before it becomes automatic good.

The last update came with a values update -- hardware input is not 0% or 100% but raw values like 13, 30, 55... so the dev must set what raw value is 0% and what raw value is 100%.
Said that, the raw values changed since last update and therefore the previous automatic brightness learning got a bit mislead; you may have to adjust it manually for a new and corrected learning.
Ok, I will try to learn the system by changing the brightness manually, and then after some time check if helps.

mrday

Jun 22, 2016
I updated to the 2021/10/08 Plus version and skipped the 2021/09/27 version. Everything works great on my XT1929-8 except automatic brightness - it's always too bright. Even if I'm in a dark place and unblock my device it burns my eyes with 75% of brightness. I see that something changed in 2021/09/27:

My XT1929-8 isn't on the list of supported devices but it works fine.
Start to check your light sensor because it happens to me that it stucks and I have to reboot the phone to make the brightness works automatically.
I'm not sure but I never heard about AI on brightness, it must work with the light sensor. Check on the play store for some lux meter so you can easily see if by switching on/off a light in the room, it is responsive

MagusWRM

Nov 16, 2012
Uberlândia
www.tbit.com.br
I'm not sure but I never heard about AI on brightness, it must work with the light sensor.
Yes the AI use the light sensor as input to calibrate the brightness; older Android versions would use a linear or logarithm transformations (what value the brightness should be by given sensor value) but it doesn't feel good enough so they started to use machine learning for such task.

"For Android Pie we worked with researchers from DeepMind to build a machine learning model that will observe the interactions that a user makes with the screen brightness slider, and train on-device to personalise the mapping of ambient light level to screen brightness.

This means that Android will learn what screen brightness is comfortable for a user in a given lighting environment. The user teaches it by manually adjusting the slider, and, as the software trains over time, the user should need to make fewer manual adjustments."

source: https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2018/11/getting-screen-brightness-right-for.html

Reactions: QkiZMR

QkiZMR

Mar 21, 2011
Warsaw
Moto G5S Plus
Moto Z3 Play
Start to check your light sensor because it happens to me that it stucks and I have to reboot the phone to make the brightness works automatically.
I'm not sure but I never heard about AI on brightness, it must work with the light sensor. Check on the play store for some lux meter so you can easily see if by switching on/off a light in the room, it is responsive
I downloaded some sensor test app and tested light sensor. Works fine. Shows low values when I cover light sensor with finger and high values when point sensor to light source.
I'm still checking if it's AI setting trained.

mrday

Jun 22, 2016
I downloaded some sensor test app and tested light sensor. Works fine. Shows low values when I cover light sensor with finger and high values when point sensor to light source.
I'm still checking if it's AI setting trained.
Do you see any brightness change at all on your daily phone use?

mrday

Jun 22, 2016
Yes the AI use the light sensor as input to calibrate the brightness; older Android versions would use a linear or logarithm transformations (what value the brightness should be by given sensor value) but it doesn't feel good enough so they started to use machine learning for such task.

"For Android Pie we worked with researchers from DeepMind to build a machine learning model that will observe the interactions that a user makes with the screen brightness slider, and train on-device to personalise the mapping of ambient light level to screen brightness.

This means that Android will learn what screen brightness is comfortable for a user in a given lighting environment. The user teaches it by manually adjusting the slider, and, as the software trains over time, the user should need to make fewer manual adjustments."

source: https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2018/11/getting-screen-brightness-right-for.html
good to know, thank you for the link.

Reactions: MagusWRM

QkiZMR

Mar 21, 2011
Warsaw
Moto G5S Plus
Moto Z3 Play
Do you see any brightness change at all on your daily phone use?
Nope, it is still too bright. Maybe @MagusWRM have a right about AI behind light sensor but developers of Pixel Experience can overwrite this behavior. I need to check commits in Moto Z3 Play PE repo in Github what changed in 2021/09/27 version.
---EDIT
I can revert these changes by making a simple Magisk module and checking if these work better.

mrday

Jun 22, 2016
Nope, it is still too bright. Maybe @MagusWRM have a right about AI behind light sensor but developers of Pixel Experience can overwrite this behavior. I need to check commits in Moto Z3 Play PE repo in Github what changed in 2021/09/27 version.
---EDIT
I can revert these changes by making a simple Magisk module and checking if these work better.
I have your same model that's why I pointed to the sensor: in my case it get stuck sometimes. Hope you'll solve with magisk.

NeuroticallyYou

May 19, 2010
Sacramento CA
Moto Z3 Play
This room is so good it actually helps conserve battery better than the stock version! The only thing not working for me is the moto mod charging pack does not charge with the phone on or off plugged at the charger.

manck

Dec 27, 2013
This room is so good it actually helps conserve battery better than the stock version! The only thing not working for me is the moto mod charging pack does not charge with the phone on or off plugged at the charger.
What mod do you have?Tumi power pack charging normally

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211108-103048_Moto_Mods_Manager.png
    Screenshot_20211108-103048_Moto_Mods_Manager.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 14

rezus008

Aug 21, 2018
I have some issue with this battery mod. After plug in my phone doesn't see it but when I restart phone with battery mod plugged in I works good.
Probably you should restart your phone and check mod settings.

Top Liked Posts