[ROM][11][BECKHAM] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

Rosedagger

Mar 21, 2021
Though @jeferson1979 I have found a different issue which maybe might be related to the more overall issue with Ok Google and audio issues? Or it might just be a new issue.

Rosetta Stone (have tested Japanese and English) speech recognition.
The first time, it prompts you with a speech exercise after opening the app it correctly recognizes your voice. But all subsequent times it prompts you with a speech test it will no longer register your voice. It will just give a generic error of "We are having trouble hearing you." There is no difference between using a Bluetooth headset and not, (I don't have a 4 pin/microphone mini-jack to test through a USB-C dongle). Changing the settings in the app for how lenient it is in recognizing voices does also not affect that it can't seem hear you at all.

It was the same before the previous rom update and now (I forgot to post it when I noticed the issue). I never tried Rosetta on the stock rom so I can't say if the same issue was present there too.
Most rosetta support is connected to not recognizing the microphone at all and connected to PC's not being set up correctly. That it is recognizing mic input once, then stops working is what draws me to that it might possibly be a rom issue?

The default voice recording app is working fine and can do multiple recordings in series. And other apps like Voice pitch analyzer are also working fine. So I'm not really sure if it is just Rosetta that is broken for some other unrelated issue, or if it is rom related, but thought I should post here just in case. (It is not super critical for me, but it is a bug that I assume is nice to know about, in case it is happening to other people as well or is connected to a larger issue.)

MagusWRM

Nov 16, 2012
Uberlândia
www.tbit.com.br
Testing the 2021/03/29 Plus Edition with a XT19929-5 model since friday 9th:

What's good:
- Netflix working from Playstore
- Google Pay working good
- 4G working good (Vivo, Brazilian carrier)
- The feature minimum time between notifications does exists!
- Bluetooth working good, tested with car radio

What's strange:
- for two times failed to open random app with error "not installed" but did open at second try
- the recovery boot didn't work (freeze at Motorola logo, tried 2 times and waited for 10 minutes), had to use TWRP
- did a full phone wipe but still phone did recognize my previous e-mail at first boot (Lineage doesn't)

Overall this ROM is amazing, excellent work and thank you @jeferson1979 for making our phone updated!
PS: my Paypal account does not allow USD payments (yes my credit-card is international) você é brasileiro não é? Cadastre seu e-mail no Pix ou me passe uma chave de pix ;)

Reactions: opensorce

Jpalmer82

Feb 18, 2018
I know someone else asked about mods, but I didn't see anything about the Alexa Speaker mod. My issue is that I am unable (even trying to sideload apk) to install Moto Voice for Alexa. So, I am unable to do any voice commands with it. Just wondering if there is any info, or any way I may be able to help in finding (if possible) a solution...

jeferson1979

Recognized Developer
I know someone else asked about mods, but I didn't see anything about the Alexa Speaker mod. My issue is that I am unable (even trying to sideload apk) to install Moto Voice for Alexa. So, I am unable to do any voice commands with it. Just wondering if there is any info, or any way I may be able to help in finding (if possible) a solution...
It will work as a soundmod, Moto apps will not work . No fix for closed source apps

opensorce

Aug 4, 2017
Also worth noting, I updated via the system update rather than re-flashing. Worked like a charm. Also, speakerphone now works with the phone AND through the Alexa speaker mod as it did before. Google Assistant working perfectly on the lock screen and when the phone is unlocked.

Thanks to this amazing developer, @jeferson1979, my less than two year old phones now run an up to date version of Android, get regular security patches and work better than ever before! I no longer have to buy two new phones during a pandemic when I'm more broke than I have been in decades. Well done!

jeferson1979

Recognized Developer
I just flashed this and my ATT and VZW don't seem to be working. After the update wifi had stopped working. Could this be related to a baseband issue?
Probably, or maybe just booted into the wrong slot. You have IMEI appearing in settings? And another one, it shows the baseband in fastboot mode? We had no dramatic changes reggarding this kind of stuff in last update, most media related. Can you send me a log?

Gilly Monster

Aug 10, 2013
Ponte Vedra
Probably, or maybe just booted into the wrong slot. You have IMEI appearing in settings? And another one, it shows the baseband in fastboot mode? We had no dramatic changes reggarding this kind of stuff in last update, most media related. Can you send me a log?
I tried a reflash to try and fix, so thus I am without a log at this point. I have now lost my IEMI setting in addition to as well. I am trying to recover that as we speak.

Reactions: jeferson1979

Gilly Monster

Aug 10, 2013
Ponte Vedra
Smooth figured everything out! When one flashes the newer images, be sure to back up the baseband files before doing so. Once you install the ROM make sure to run that backup and that should correct any wifi and sim modem issues. Hope this helps everyone here that's been having issues with it. #LotsOfTrialAndError

Reactions: jeferson1979

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Moto Z3 Play [beckham]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

New update for April is up

Speakerphone working on my tests
    Ok Google working (with screen unlocked)

happy flashing
    Hold your horses, update is coming
    Screenshot_20210909-230243_SafetyNet_Checker.png
    Update is out

May changelog:

* Source
    - May security patch
    - Imported translations
    - Under the hood improvements

* Device
    - Merged linux stable 4.4.268 into kernel msm8998

Downloads