[ROM][11][begonia] Pixel Experience [OFFICIAL][AOSP]

Search This thread

younid

May 13, 2021
You're switching ROMS, so it's recommended that you do a clean flash.

Compass.
Hello,
Thank you for your answer.
If I understand correctly, I just need to flash the new ROM after wipe.
I keep the same TWRP (3.3.1-0) to do this operation ?
No additional task are required when Evolution X 4.7 is CFW and Pixel Experience is nonCFW ?

Regards

Compass Linux

• Apr 24, 2011
    Hello,
    Thank you for your answer.
    If I understand correctly, I just need to flash the new ROM after wipe.
    I keep the same TWRP (3.3.1-0) to do this operation ?
    No additional task are required when Evolution X 4.7 is CFW and Pixel Experience is nonCFW ?

Regards
    OP Installation Guide: https://telegra.ph/Pixel-Begonia-02-02

Video Guides:

TWRP (with encryption fix): https://sourceforge.net/projects/be...3.5.1_10-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_1604.img/download (booting TWRP will show version 3.5.2; works fine)
    If you keep TWRP-3.3.1 you'll probably have issues with encryption. Follow the guides and use the new TWRP to flash things.

tl;dr: Since you're upgrading to the latest official stable MIUI, the current custom ROM doesn't matter.

Compass.

younid

May 13, 2021
    OP Installation Guide: https://telegra.ph/Pixel-Begonia-02-02

Video Guides:

TWRP (with encryption fix): https://sourceforge.net/projects/be...3.5.1_10-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_1604.img/download (booting TWRP will show version 3.5.2; works fine)
    If you keep TWRP-3.3.1 you'll probably have issues with encryption. Follow the guides and use the new TWRP to flash things.

tl;dr: Since you're upgrading to the latest official stable MIUI, the current custom ROM doesn't matter.

Compass.
    Hello,

Thank you very much for this guide. I followed it and all is fine.
    The point I was meesing is the official MIUI update.
    Great job and again thanks for your help.

Regards

ZIDAN44

Source Changelog:
    • May security patch
    • Imported translations
    • Under the hood improvements

Device Changelog:
    • Enabled MTK neural networks HAL
    • Building libtextclassifier from source
    • Added missing MTK Neural Networks blobs
    • Imported MTK APU blobs from begonia 11 RP1A.200720.011
    • Updated apn configs from RP1A.200720.011

maretodoric

Mar 7, 2012
    Hello everyone,

i used this guide : https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/begonia/install/ to flash my redmi note 8 pro (file: PixelExperience_Plus_begonia-11.0-20210514-0310-OFFICIAL.zip). I flashed this specific recovery: https://sourceforge.net/projects/be...3.5.1_10-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_1604.img/download and followed guide to the letter, however, I'm experiencing a lot of applications that are crashing...

- Mi Fit app is crashing as soon as i login to it
    - CameraMX is crashing as soon as it gets open (i downloaded it to try it since cam app that came with the phone cannot utilize macro cam of redmi note 8 pro, or i cannot find it.)
    - GCam is crashing right after i set permissions
    - My e-bank app is crashing as soon as i try to login to it

And this is during the first few minutes i tried the ROM, I'm not sure what else is crashing. I though of doing a bug report with logcat presented but link to where to report the bug (per info on website) is not resolving it's name: issuetracker.pixelexperience.org

Any help where could i file bug report and any suggestions what to do from here..? It would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:

Naksnaks910

Aug 3, 2015
    Jyväskylä
    I'm having trouble with installing Magisk after the update. Tried patching the boot image but if I flash it, my phone gets stuck on the logo screen. I'm trying to install version 23, should I use different version?

Yes, the back camera takes blurry pictures. 16MP is the maximum that the back camera can take.

There are solutions (ANXCam/GCAM) but depending on what you do you'll lose your front camera (I have the new front camera sensor).

Due to that I'm keeping the default camera software (lucky I don't use the camera much).

Compass.
    The ANX camera is not working very well, for example I am getting a camera connection error in portrait mode.

I haven't tried the Google camera because I can't find a stable Google camera.

maretodoric

Mar 7, 2012
    Hello everyone,

i used this guide : https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/begonia/install/ to flash my redmi note 8 pro (file: PixelExperience_Plus_begonia-11.0-20210514-0310-OFFICIAL.zip). I flashed this specific recovery: https://sourceforge.net/projects/be...3.5.1_10-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_1604.img/download and followed guide to the letter, however, I'm experiencing a lot of applications that are crashing...

- Mi Fit app is crashing as soon as i login to it
    - CameraMX is crashing as soon as it gets open (i downloaded it to try it since cam app that came with the phone cannot utilize macro cam of redmi note 8 pro, or i cannot find it.)
    - GCam is crashing right after i set permissions
    - My e-bank app is crashing as soon as i try to login to it

And this is during the first few minutes i tried the ROM, I'm not sure what else is crashing. I though of doing a bug report with logcat presented but link to where to report the bug (per info on website) is not resolving it's name: issuetracker.pixelexperience.org

Any help where could i file bug report and any suggestions what to do from here..? It would be greatly appreciated :)

And now I've figured out that google assistant doesn't respond to "(ok|hey) google" keyword. Any specific ideas to troubleshoot?
    I've already tried performing another clean flash of this firmware.

hanzn

Apr 12, 2020

Is someone able to update the TWRP link in the wiki here?:
    https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/begonia/install/
    Or can anyone suggest an update? Didn't find an option to do that.

It's fine to just update the TWRP and after that decrypting (and installing PE updates) should work, right?

Last edited:

TimPerring

Jan 28, 2020
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    OnePlus 3T
    Updated from previous version -- microphone no longer works in (regular) phone calls -- but does with e.g. WhatsApp... Any ideas?

[EDIT] Never mind -- I bit the bullet and formatted everything, clean flashed the latest build (20210514), formatted DATA, and the microphone is working again....

[EDIT] Too many problems with the May build (Bluetooth not working), so went back to April build...

Last edited:
    Reactions: hanzn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Does anyone get random stuttering too often? I have been on this ROM for about a week and it is starting to be very annoying.

I wanna know if this is common or I should re-flash the ROM
      Yes! I hadn't reported it because I'd assume that if it was happening to other people it would have been addressed in an update. And if not, then my phone would have some issue specifically with it that wouldn't be relevant to anyone else.

But yeah. Thought I would reply after seeing that as it is getting a bit annoying for me as well.

First thing, the stuttering / lock-ups have improved since the last update. It was about two update cycles ago when I started to notice this issue. I don't know how it's presenting for you or anyone else of course..
      But, for me. The phone will lock-up on a screen, barely moving for about 20 seconds, and then all of a sudden snap back to working again. This probably happens once an hour for me. It's much more noticeable within the first 20ish minutes of powering on the device, and when there's a load on the RAM so it seems, particularly if a couple of videos are loaded.

This doesn't happen too often, but I guess the most irritating thing is when I'm listening to YT music or Spotify and all of a sudden the phone starts struggling to keep playing the music. Then for the next several minutes is noticeably jumpy/skippy.

Sorry about that random info just I threw out there guys. But I thought it may help in possibly identifying the issue if other people are having it.

So in summary (for me):
      Is most noticeable at start-up and if there's a heavy media load in the background. Causes the entire OS to stutter when it happens (all sounds are affected). Started happening around the stable release of PE Android 11. Has improved since the last update.

Thank you guys. Appreciate the hard work regardless. :)
      I have also after upgrade to newest version big bugs:
      • Mi Fit App crashing (open and close immedately)
      • Phone Call -> i can't stop call sometimes -> i must reboot phone (very big bug)
      • Phone Call -> Microphone over Bluetooth not working
      • Phone Call -> Volume can't adjust -> always loud
      • Nightlight -> flashing screen/display -> must after reboot every time go to developer settings to put "HW Overlay" on -> Bug solved than....

All in all to many bugs - i don't understand why nobody can produce a good ROM - always this same problems, and no answers....
      Use the old version until a new update is available.
      Does anyone get random stuttering too often? I have been on this ROM for about a week and it is starting to be very annoying.

I wanna know if this is common or I should re-flash the ROM
      Nope, so far all good. Still on the April ROM though.
      I have also after upgrade to newest version big bugs:
      • Mi Fit App crashing (open and close immedately)
      • Phone Call -> i can't stop call sometimes -> i must reboot phone (very big bug)
      • Phone Call -> Microphone over Bluetooth not working
      • Phone Call -> Volume can't adjust -> always loud
      • Nightlight -> flashing screen/display -> must after reboot every time go to developer settings to put "HW Overlay" on -> Bug solved than....

All in all to many bugs - i don't understand why nobody can produce a good ROM - always this same problems, and no answers....
      Bit lost, not like the old days of CM and the likes im afraid

Keep getting bootloops upon flashing TWRP (wont go past redmi logo and will just keep rebooting till said point) - went so far as needing to reflash the OEM ROM via miflash tools.

Ive tried everything and various methods of flashing - ADB CMD and 2 different programs made for the device, the VBM authentication, manually booting into recovery etc NOTHING will boot into TWRP, when it doesnt boot loop i simply get the stock recovery

Phone is unlocked, bootloader unlocked ofc, and every instruction followed to a T more than once
      What am i doing wrong?
      You need to follow the guide.

The guide has an older TWRP, so use this one (newer): https://sourceforge.net/projects/be...3.5.1_10-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_1604.img/download

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...xperience-official-aosp.4196041/post-85007057

Compass.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8 Pro [begonia]

What is this?
      Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
      Wifi
      RIL
      Mobile data
      GPS
      Camera
      Flashlight
      Camcorder
      Bluetooth
      Fingerprint reader
      Lights
      Sound / vibration

Known issues
      Nothing

HOW TO FLASH PE
      Guide

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
      Download

Donate
      Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
      Help with project translation

Stay tuned
      Our Telegram channel

Source Changelog:
      • March security patch
      • Implemented new Face Unlock, with support for 3rd apps
      • Added ability to select custom ringtone for 2nd sim card
      • Added support for NTFS/EXFAT on USB Disks and sdcard
      • Improved animations when unlocking
      • Add support for Bluetooth SBC Dual Channel
      • Others improvements

Device Changelog:
      • Region-aware firmware flashing
      • Dropped Secure Element Hals
      • Added Missing Entries In Manifest
      • Fixed MI Thermald
      • Switched To Enforce Sepolicy
      • Fixed Front Camera For New Sensors
      • Cleaned Unused Vendor Blobs
      • Dropped All Aee Ramdisk Calls
      • Updated Prebuild Modules
      • Under the hood improvements

Notes:
      • MiUi FW Is Inbuild So No Need To Flash FW.
      • New Front Camera Sensor Should Work Now.
      Changelog:
      • Fixed Kernel DTB Build
      • Some Minor Changes

Notes:
      • MiUi FW Is Inbuild So No Need To Flash FW.
      Source Changelog:
      • April security patch
      • Updated translations
      • Improved face unlock
      • Performance and stability improvements

Device Changelog:
      • Synced some blobs with begonia RP1A.200720.011
      • Updated FW from begonia V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
      • Updated blobs from begonia V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
      • Synced media files with MIUI V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
      • Synced NFC files with MIUI V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
      • Switched to arch variant to ARMv8.2-A
      • Cleaned up some unused props
      • Cleaned up rootdir init rc
      • Dropped unused flags
      • Removed aosp rils completely
      • Moved rro overlays to vendor

Note:
      • For twrp encryption fix use new TWRP (https://sourceforge.net/projects/be...3.5.1_10-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_1604.img/download)
      Woow finally!
      Thank you very much for this!
      I can confirm, that the selfie cam is working.