• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][begonia] Pixel Experience [OFFICIAL][AOSP]

Search This thread

younid

May 13, 2021
You're switching ROMS, so it's recommended that you do a clean flash.

Compass.
Hello,
Thank you for your answer.
If I understand correctly, I just need to flash the new ROM after wipe.
I keep the same TWRP (3.3.1-0) to do this operation ?
No additional task are required when Evolution X 4.7 is CFW and Pixel Experience is nonCFW ?

Regards

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
Hello,
Thank you for your answer.
If I understand correctly, I just need to flash the new ROM after wipe.
I keep the same TWRP (3.3.1-0) to do this operation ?
No additional task are required when Evolution X 4.7 is CFW and Pixel Experience is nonCFW ?

Regards
OP Installation Guide: https://telegra.ph/Pixel-Begonia-02-02

Video Guides:

TWRP (with encryption fix): https://sourceforge.net/projects/be...3.5.1_10-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_1604.img/download (booting TWRP will show version 3.5.2; works fine)
If you keep TWRP-3.3.1 you'll probably have issues with encryption. Follow the guides and use the new TWRP to flash things.

tl;dr: Since you're upgrading to the latest official stable MIUI, the current custom ROM doesn't matter.

Compass.

younid

May 13, 2021
OP Installation Guide: https://telegra.ph/Pixel-Begonia-02-02

Video Guides:

TWRP (with encryption fix): https://sourceforge.net/projects/be...3.5.1_10-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_1604.img/download (booting TWRP will show version 3.5.2; works fine)
If you keep TWRP-3.3.1 you'll probably have issues with encryption. Follow the guides and use the new TWRP to flash things.

tl;dr: Since you're upgrading to the latest official stable MIUI, the current custom ROM doesn't matter.

Compass.
Hello,

Thank you very much for this guide. I followed it and all is fine.
The point I was meesing is the official MIUI update.
Great job and again thanks for your help.

Regards

ZIDAN44

Recognized Developer
Source Changelog:
• May security patch
• Imported translations
• Under the hood improvements

Device Changelog:
• Enabled MTK neural networks HAL
• Building libtextclassifier from source
• Added missing MTK Neural Networks blobs
• Imported MTK APU blobs from begonia 11 RP1A.200720.011
• Updated apn configs from RP1A.200720.011

arindam4u

Jan 12, 2012
Kolkata
Anyone can suggest me proper way to lock apps in this ROM? I only miss the built-in app lock features in custom roms

maretodoric

Mar 7, 2012
Hello everyone,

i used this guide : https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/begonia/install/ to flash my redmi note 8 pro (file: PixelExperience_Plus_begonia-11.0-20210514-0310-OFFICIAL.zip). I flashed this specific recovery: https://sourceforge.net/projects/be...3.5.1_10-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_1604.img/download and followed guide to the letter, however, I'm experiencing a lot of applications that are crashing...

- Mi Fit app is crashing as soon as i login to it
- CameraMX is crashing as soon as it gets open (i downloaded it to try it since cam app that came with the phone cannot utilize macro cam of redmi note 8 pro, or i cannot find it.)
- GCam is crashing right after i set permissions
- My e-bank app is crashing as soon as i try to login to it

And this is during the first few minutes i tried the ROM, I'm not sure what else is crashing. I though of doing a bug report with logcat presented but link to where to report the bug (per info on website) is not resolving it's name: issuetracker.pixelexperience.org

Any help where could i file bug report and any suggestions what to do from here..? It would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:

Naksnaks910

Aug 3, 2015
Jyväskylä
I'm having trouble with installing Magisk after the update. Tried patching the boot image but if I flash it, my phone gets stuck on the logo screen. I'm trying to install version 23, should I use different version?

Yes, the back camera takes blurry pictures. 16MP is the maximum that the back camera can take.

There are solutions (ANXCam/GCAM) but depending on what you do you'll lose your front camera (I have the new front camera sensor).

Due to that I'm keeping the default camera software (lucky I don't use the camera much).

Compass.
The ANX camera is not working very well, for example I am getting a camera connection error in portrait mode.

I haven't tried the Google camera because I can't find a stable Google camera.

maretodoric

Mar 7, 2012
Hello everyone,

i used this guide : https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/begonia/install/ to flash my redmi note 8 pro (file: PixelExperience_Plus_begonia-11.0-20210514-0310-OFFICIAL.zip). I flashed this specific recovery: https://sourceforge.net/projects/be...3.5.1_10-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_1604.img/download and followed guide to the letter, however, I'm experiencing a lot of applications that are crashing...

- Mi Fit app is crashing as soon as i login to it
- CameraMX is crashing as soon as it gets open (i downloaded it to try it since cam app that came with the phone cannot utilize macro cam of redmi note 8 pro, or i cannot find it.)
- GCam is crashing right after i set permissions
- My e-bank app is crashing as soon as i try to login to it

And this is during the first few minutes i tried the ROM, I'm not sure what else is crashing. I though of doing a bug report with logcat presented but link to where to report the bug (per info on website) is not resolving it's name: issuetracker.pixelexperience.org

Any help where could i file bug report and any suggestions what to do from here..? It would be greatly appreciated :)

And now I've figured out that google assistant doesn't respond to "(ok|hey) google" keyword. Any specific ideas to troubleshoot?
I've already tried performing another clean flash of this firmware.

hanzn

Apr 12, 2020

Is someone able to update the TWRP link in the wiki here?:
https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/begonia/install/
Or can anyone suggest an update? Didn't find an option to do that.

It's fine to just update the TWRP and after that decrypting (and installing PE updates) should work, right?

Last edited:

TimPerring

Jan 28, 2020
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 3T
Updated from previous version -- microphone no longer works in (regular) phone calls -- but does with e.g. WhatsApp... Any ideas?

[EDIT] Never mind -- I bit the bullet and formatted everything, clean flashed the latest build (20210514), formatted DATA, and the microphone is working again....

[EDIT] Too many problems with the May build (Bluetooth not working), so went back to April build...

Last edited:
Reactions: hanzn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am coming from an August build, the instructions on telegraph state you need to flash the latest MIUI before flashing the ROM.. is this true or can I skip to the TWRP flash step?

or should I not bother and just wait for Android 12 ROMs
    Flashing the latest MIUI 12.5 for your phone guarantees that you start with a clean state. This helps to avoid issues such as soft/hard bricks. You can skip directly to the TWRP if you know what you're doing (and can make corrections if things go awry).

There's no ETA on when PE/PE+ A12 will be released. If you're happy with the August build it might be worthwhile waiting. Android 12 is going to give issues to some people (https://www.xda-developers.com/android-12-material-you-lagging/ and https://www.xda-developers.com/android-12-background-app-limitations-major-headache/)

Compass.
    Hello there,

Maybe i'm coming up with a newbie question but i couldn't find any answer :D

@Compass Linux I tried your method of installation. I've my RN8P unlocked, i flashed lastest stable miui (12.5.1.0 RGGMIXM) later i flashed twrp-3.5.0 but when i hold volume+ i can't boot into recover it keeps rebooting (i was holding volume+ only)
    I've tried to boot to recovery from fastboot but i got an error (see attachment)
    View attachment 5451555

Edit.
    I got it working. I've used TWRP from this YouTube guide:

Edit2
    Well, i've been happy to early :D
    After i flashed .zip and wiped dalvik cache and data my device keeps bootlooping at Redmi logo. I'll go further tommorow.
    Try Format data (Wipe data is difference).
    And next time use correct command to flash recovery.
    Hello,

I had same issue with battery drain since last week.
    I was running PE+ for several months but just had no time to flash with last MIUI to be able to update PE+ to its last release.
    With no change I did by myself my phone started draining the battery very kickly in few hours.
    Then performed some tests to find root cause and I came to the mobile network which is the root cause.
    Nothing special inside battery usage display. Just found when I disable mobile network battery stopped draining.
    If using wifi issue is not there.
    If doing mobile calls without mobile network activated battery is normal.
    Finally I found PE+ update is always downloading last release which it can't install (due to MIUI incompatibility).
    No option let you disable the last release download. You just see it loop downloading it. Some time a popup notification complains about firmware version too old.

I finally flashed last MIUI (12.5.3.0) and now by battery usage became again normal.
    I'll wait for a while without any custom ROM to see if life is better and probably take time later to choose a new custom ROM or use again PE+ if I find the way to prevent it to download automatically last release (even over mobile network).

Regards
    hello I found the solution for this thanks to the telegram group

"you can go to seetings>apps n notifications>see all apps>3 dots>show system apps>*find system update*" and disable mobile data from there
    TWRP is unable to decrypt the folders and files inside /sdcard after installing PixelExperience.

It worked fine before (when I was still on MIUI), TWRP would ask me for my PIN to unlock.
    However, now that I have PE, it doesn't even ask for my PIN, and shows all folder and file names (and I assume file contents) as a garbled random mess.

View attachment 5470883

What I use:

Things I've tried:
    • Other custom recoveries (including the version from twrp.me, orangeFox..), but those all bootloop.
    • Reflash and setup PixelExperience, once with and another time without setting a PIN
    • Factory Reset (using TWRP)
    • Format Data (in TWRP) and reïnstall PE
    • Repair File System (in TWRP)
    None of these worked, it always resulted in unreadable /sdcard

Note: I can use the system without issues, its just that I don´t dare to install Magisk now that I cannot disable modules from within the Recovery.
    Please use the correct TWRP: https://telegra.ph/Flashing-PEPPUI-09-09

Compass.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8 Pro [begonia]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing

HOW TO FLASH PE
    Guide

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel

Source Changelog:
    • March security patch
    • Implemented new Face Unlock, with support for 3rd apps
    • Added ability to select custom ringtone for 2nd sim card
    • Added support for NTFS/EXFAT on USB Disks and sdcard
    • Improved animations when unlocking
    • Add support for Bluetooth SBC Dual Channel
    • Others improvements

Device Changelog:
    • Region-aware firmware flashing
    • Dropped Secure Element Hals
    • Added Missing Entries In Manifest
    • Fixed MI Thermald
    • Switched To Enforce Sepolicy
    • Fixed Front Camera For New Sensors
    • Cleaned Unused Vendor Blobs
    • Dropped All Aee Ramdisk Calls
    • Updated Prebuild Modules
    • Under the hood improvements

Notes:
    • MiUi FW Is Inbuild So No Need To Flash FW.
    • New Front Camera Sensor Should Work Now.
    Changelog:
    • Fixed Kernel DTB Build
    • Some Minor Changes

Notes:
    • MiUi FW Is Inbuild So No Need To Flash FW.
    Source Changelog:
    • April security patch
    • Updated translations
    • Improved face unlock
    • Performance and stability improvements

Device Changelog:
    • Synced some blobs with begonia RP1A.200720.011
    • Updated FW from begonia V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Updated blobs from begonia V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Synced media files with MIUI V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Synced NFC files with MIUI V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Switched to arch variant to ARMv8.2-A
    • Cleaned up some unused props
    • Cleaned up rootdir init rc
    • Dropped unused flags
    • Removed aosp rils completely
    • Moved rro overlays to vendor

Note:
    • For twrp encryption fix use new TWRP (https://sourceforge.net/projects/be...3.5.1_10-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_1604.img/download)
    Woow finally!
    Thank you very much for this!
    I can confirm, that the selfie cam is working.