I don't know if the lack of encryption affects all PE versions. That message I forwarded here came from the Telegram Group below (if you join and search for "keymaster" you should be able to find it).
All you need to do is format data from your recovery.i just flashed this rom with latest twrp twrp-3.5.2_11-1-UNOFFICIAL-begonia and everything went well but when i rebooted the system it is stuck on Google logo with apps loading animation .. please confirm what to do now? previously i had official miui 12.5.1 installed in my phone
I could not agree more. The phone is much smoother now and with the NIght Light working it's simply the best experience one can have on a device like this. The only issue (which is a make-or-break kinda deal) is the encryption. The device ain't encrypted, and so a work profile cannot be created.So far I must say the latest update runs a lot smoother, only issue I've run into so far is the fact the phone is not encrypted and also doesn't seem to want to encrypt :-\ Which means it's 100% useless when it comes to using it for work which demands it is encryped.
As compass mentioned it seems to be part of the current Build of the ROM... So my solution is wait for the next version... Not sure if that counts as a solution though...I could not agree more. The phone is much smoother now and with the NIght Light working it's simply the best experience one can have on a device like this. The only issue (which is a make-or-break kinda deal) is the encryption. The device ain't encrypted, and so a work profile cannot be created.
DId anyone find a solution to this?
I've noticed an increase in battery consumption with this release.Source Changelog:
• July security patch
• Updated translations
• Improved FaceUnlock
• Minor bug fixes
• Initial based on global miui 12.5
• Switched to oss for many hals
• Fixed google HotwordEnrollment
• Fixed night light
• Fixed YT video glitch
• Much more smoother then before
• Use latest 12.5 TWRP
• Don't change kernel
• Must need a clean flash
No 64MP for the back camera. It only goes up to 16.1MP (16.1MP is the maximum I've just seen in the back camera settings). Check the screenshot I've attached (all the available options are there; scrolling up/down doesn't list anything else).
You can use ANXCamera with 48MPFix for 64MPNo 64MP for the back camera. It only goes up to 16.1MP (16.1MP is the maximum I've just seen in the back camera settings). Check the screenshot I've attached (all the available options are there; scrolling up/down doesn't list anything else).
The IR Blaster is working (I just tested it with Mi Remote on my PC/TV monitor).
Hidden wifi network doesnot show or connect, even after adding it multiple times.
PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8 Pro [begonia]
What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)
Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device
Based on Android 11.0
Sound / vibration
HOW TO FLASH PE
DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
Liked my work? Give me a beer
Help with project translation
Our Telegram channel
hey, i already done until step 6, and im using BRP because when i use the twrp i cant get in to recovery. so i installl brp and it works. but after install the rom i cant get inside recovery again XD. any help?For those of you wanting to clean flash here are the instructions which worked for me (no boot loop):
- OAndBackupX (root is required for making backups and restoring; most app + data backups work; a few don't);
- twrp-3.5.2_11-1-UNOFFICIAL-begonia .img (only for MIUI 12.5.x Android 11 or custom ROMS based on it);
- BRP3.5.2v2.7-twrp.zip (I've not tested this, but it's for non-CFW Custom ROMS based on MIUI 12.5.x Android 11 and has some nice extra features some people might want, like "Close avb 2.0", "Patch vbmeta" and Magisk is also included; the changelog warns not to install older BRP themes);
- Magisk v23.0 (you can skip the Magisk standalone installation if you use BRP3.5.2v2.7-twrp.zip since it has Magisk internally; or you can install Magisk manually as below).
- Install OAndBackupX, make your backups (only apps + data; restoring system + data is likely to cause issues) and save it somewhere safe like an external SDCARD (because when you format data below you'll lose everything in internal storage);
- Boot to your current recovery (mine was twrp-UNIFIED-3.5.1_10-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_1604.img);
- Flash/Install twrp-3.5.2_11-1-UNOFFICIAL-begonia.img (select the "Install Image" button then the recovery partition) or BRP3.5.2v2.7-twrp.zip;
- Flash/Install PixelExperience_Plus_begonia-11.0-20210717-0310-OFFICIAL.zip;
- Format data (no need to wipe/format anything else, you can also format data from fastboot with "fastboot format userdata"; thanks Odea);
- Reboot to system;
- Install Magisk v23.0 apk;
- Reboot to recovery;
- Flash/Install Magisk v23.0 zip (rename the .apk to .zip so you can flash it);
- Restore your app + data backups;
I've noticed an increase in battery consumption with this release.
Approximately 1% per hour is too much. In the previous release it wasn't draining the battery like this and my phone is basically idle.
It's something in the system but I don't know what it is. I've disabled "Digital Wellbeing" and wiped in recovery "Dalvik" and "Dalvik Cache". No success so far.
This may not necessarily help you Compass, but I think I have a few general tips for improving battery for some who may not be aware. I've been tracking my battery consumption over the past 30 days (using Accubattery). I used these three tips both for May and July P.E releases, and with these settings turned on/off, I'm getting about 5-7% per hour screen-on battery time, which I'm really happy with (coming from 7-11% per hour screen-on battery time without these settings).
1. Disable Device Health Services under Apps and Notifications. ( This improved my battery consumption from about 8-10% per hour to 5-7% per hour. I haven't noticed any real downsides from disabling this).
2. Disable Digital Wellbeing (like Compass have done). Search for "Usage access" in Settings, then find Digital Wellbeing and disallow Usage access.
3. Enable background battery restriction for Gboard. I learned this from this reddit thread, as it seems Gboard running in the background prevents the phone from deep sleep, and it can help with the standby battery (Although I haven't noticed as drastic a change on my note 8 pro as they did).
So far I'm really happy with the July update. Battery life is awesome so far, Hands free Google assistant finally works, and the whole rom is much smoother than the May build (which had lags at random intervals, or when playing youtube, etc)
I have updated my guide to include the newer twrp you mentioned.hey, i already done until step 6, and im using BRP because when i use the twrp i cant get in to recovery. so i installl brp and it works. but after install the rom i cant get inside recovery again XD. any help?
NVM, i just re flash new BRp from this
This Themed Twrp is based on TWRP 3.5+ Unified .This version is available for non-cfw Custom roms based on MIUI 12.5 fw as well as MIUI 12.5 A11This is a fastboot tool for flashing themed Twrp i.e...www.pling.com