• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][begonia] Pixel Experience [OFFICIAL][AOSP]

Search This thread

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
Is this related to all current PE versions or begonia-only?
Is that the general PE group or a begonia-only group? If it's begonia-only, how to join?
I don't know if the lack of encryption affects all PE versions. That message I forwarded here came from the Telegram Group below (if you join and search for "keymaster" you should be able to find it).

https://t.me/PE_Begonia (official Begonia PE Telegram Group; it's in the OP).

Compass.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanzn

BongoInCongo

Jun 14, 2021
i just flashed this rom with latest twrp twrp-3.5.2_11-1-UNOFFICIAL-begonia and everything went well but when i rebooted the system it is stuck on Google logo with apps loading animation .. please confirm what to do now? previously i had official miui 12.5.1 installed in my phone
All you need to do is format data from your recovery.
Press (Vol up+Power) to enter the recovery mode. If unable to enter recovery then your recovery was not installed successfully. Flash the recovery using fastboot from a PC and remember to format data after flashing PE ROM on your device.

BongoInCongo

Jun 14, 2021
So far I must say the latest update runs a lot smoother, only issue I've run into so far is the fact the phone is not encrypted and also doesn't seem to want to encrypt :-\ Which means it's 100% useless when it comes to using it for work which demands it is encryped.
I could not agree more. The phone is much smoother now and with the NIght Light working it's simply the best experience one can have on a device like this. The only issue (which is a make-or-break kinda deal) is the encryption. The device ain't encrypted, and so a work profile cannot be created.

DId anyone find a solution to this?

Odea

Oct 16, 2020
I could not agree more. The phone is much smoother now and with the NIght Light working it's simply the best experience one can have on a device like this. The only issue (which is a make-or-break kinda deal) is the encryption. The device ain't encrypted, and so a work profile cannot be created.

DId anyone find a solution to this?
As compass mentioned it seems to be part of the current Build of the ROM... So my solution is wait for the next version... :giggle: Not sure if that counts as a solution though... :geek:

Ruggeroz

Jul 23, 2021
Hi, i have a problem with the phone app, specifically: when i call a busy number i can't hang up, if i press the specified button it does nothing and if i close the app and reopen it i can't manage to call anyone, when this appen i have to reboot.
Thx in advance!

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
Source Changelog:
• July security patch
• Updated translations
• Improved FaceUnlock
• Minor bug fixes

Device Changelog:
• Initial based on global miui 12.5
• Switched to oss for many hals
• Fixed google HotwordEnrollment
• Fixed night light
• Fixed YT video glitch
• Much more smoother then before

Notes:
• Use latest 12.5 TWRP
• Don't change kernel
• Must need a clean flash
I've noticed an increase in battery consumption with this release.

Approximately 1% per hour is too much. In the previous release it wasn't draining the battery like this and my phone is basically idle.

It's something in the system but I don't know what it is. I've disabled "Digital Wellbeing" and wiped in recovery "Dalvik" and "Dalvik Cache". No success so far.

https://github.com/PixelExperience/android-issues/issues/388

Compass.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
Does the 64 Mp mode and the Ir blaster work.
No 64MP for the back camera. It only goes up to 16.1MP (16.1MP is the maximum I've just seen in the back camera settings). Check the screenshot I've attached (all the available options are there; scrolling up/down doesn't list anything else).

The IR Blaster is working (I just tested it with Mi Remote on my PC/TV monitor).

Compass.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Reactions: Sotim
No 64MP for the back camera. It only goes up to 16.1MP (16.1MP is the maximum I've just seen in the back camera settings). Check the screenshot I've attached (all the available options are there; scrolling up/down doesn't list anything else).

The IR Blaster is working (I just tested it with Mi Remote on my PC/TV monitor).

Compass.
You can use ANXCamera with 48MPFix for 64MP

rohanlalpradhan

Jan 15, 2018

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8 Pro [begonia]

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
Lights
Sound / vibration

Known issues
Nothing

HOW TO FLASH PE
Guide

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
Download

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel

Hidden wifi network doesnot show or connect, even after adding it multiple times.

derico3

Jan 4, 2012
For those of you wanting to clean flash here are the instructions which worked for me (no boot loop):

Downloads:
  1. OAndBackupX (root is required for making backups and restoring; most app + data backups work; a few don't);
  2. twrp-3.5.2_11-1-UNOFFICIAL-begonia .img (only for MIUI 12.5.x Android 11 or custom ROMS based on it);
  3. BRP3.5.2v2.7-twrp.zip (I've not tested this, but it's for non-CFW Custom ROMS based on MIUI 12.5.x Android 11 and has some nice extra features some people might want, like "Close avb 2.0", "Patch vbmeta" and Magisk is also included; the changelog warns not to install older BRP themes);
  4. PixelExperience_Plus_begonia-11.0-20210717-0310-OFFICIAL.zip;
  5. Magisk v23.0 (you can skip the Magisk standalone installation if you use BRP3.5.2v2.7-twrp.zip since it has Magisk internally; or you can install Magisk manually as below).
Installation:
  1. Install OAndBackupX, make your backups (only apps + data; restoring system + data is likely to cause issues) and save it somewhere safe like an external SDCARD (because when you format data below you'll lose everything in internal storage);
  2. Boot to your current recovery (mine was twrp-UNIFIED-3.5.1_10-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_1604.img);
  3. Flash/Install twrp-3.5.2_11-1-UNOFFICIAL-begonia.img (select the "Install Image" button then the recovery partition) or BRP3.5.2v2.7-twrp.zip;
  4. Flash/Install PixelExperience_Plus_begonia-11.0-20210717-0310-OFFICIAL.zip;
  5. Format data (no need to wipe/format anything else, you can also format data from fastboot with "fastboot format userdata"; thanks Odea);
  6. Reboot to system;
  7. Install Magisk v23.0 apk;
  8. Reboot to recovery;
  9. Flash/Install Magisk v23.0 zip (rename the .apk to .zip so you can flash it);
  10. Restore your app + data backups;
  11. Profit.
Compass.
hey, i already done until step 6, and im using BRP because when i use the twrp i cant get in to recovery. so i installl brp and it works. but after install the rom i cant get inside recovery again XD. any help?

NVM, i just re flash new BRp from this
i just found the solution.. we should use this recovery https://www.pling.com/p/1556862/ for A11 and custom roms...
the team win recovery is bugged..

Last edited:
Reactions: Compass Linux

clivekmh

Jul 31, 2021
I've noticed an increase in battery consumption with this release.

Approximately 1% per hour is too much. In the previous release it wasn't draining the battery like this and my phone is basically idle.

It's something in the system but I don't know what it is. I've disabled "Digital Wellbeing" and wiped in recovery "Dalvik" and "Dalvik Cache". No success so far.

https://github.com/PixelExperience/android-issues/issues/388

Compass.

This may not necessarily help you Compass, but I think I have a few general tips for improving battery for some who may not be aware. I've been tracking my battery consumption over the past 30 days (using Accubattery). I used these three tips both for May and July P.E releases, and with these settings turned on/off, I'm getting about 5-7% per hour screen-on battery time, which I'm really happy with (coming from 7-11% per hour screen-on battery time without these settings).

1. Disable Device Health Services under Apps and Notifications. ( This improved my battery consumption from about 8-10% per hour to 5-7% per hour. I haven't noticed any real downsides from disabling this).

2. Disable Digital Wellbeing (like Compass have done). Search for "Usage access" in Settings, then find Digital Wellbeing and disallow Usage access.

3. Enable background battery restriction for Gboard. I learned this from this reddit thread, as it seems Gboard running in the background prevents the phone from deep sleep, and it can help with the standby battery (Although I haven't noticed as drastic a change on my note 8 pro as they did).

So far I'm really happy with the July update. Battery life is awesome so far, Hands free Google assistant finally works, and the whole rom is much smoother than the May build (which had lags at random intervals, or when playing youtube, etc)

Last edited:
Reactions: Compass Linux

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
This may not necessarily help you Compass, but I think I have a few general tips for improving battery for some who may not be aware. I've been tracking my battery consumption over the past 30 days (using Accubattery). I used these three tips both for May and July P.E releases, and with these settings turned on/off, I'm getting about 5-7% per hour screen-on battery time, which I'm really happy with (coming from 7-11% per hour screen-on battery time without these settings).

1. Disable Device Health Services under Apps and Notifications. ( This improved my battery consumption from about 8-10% per hour to 5-7% per hour. I haven't noticed any real downsides from disabling this).

2. Disable Digital Wellbeing (like Compass have done). Search for "Usage access" in Settings, then find Digital Wellbeing and disallow Usage access.

3. Enable background battery restriction for Gboard. I learned this from this reddit thread, as it seems Gboard running in the background prevents the phone from deep sleep, and it can help with the standby battery (Although I haven't noticed as drastic a change on my note 8 pro as they did).

So far I'm really happy with the July update. Battery life is awesome so far, Hands free Google assistant finally works, and the whole rom is much smoother than the May build (which had lags at random intervals, or when playing youtube, etc)
  1. Done. Time will tell if this improves my battery life;
  2. Already done. Didn't notice any difference;
  3. Gboard is already optimized by default, so nothing to be done.
I opened an issue and ZIDAN44 replied: Battery Drain while idle (begonia)
Battery drain in the issue tracker for other devices: Issues · PixelExperience/android-issues · GitHub

I've installed AccuBattery and I'm currently charging my phone while on (which I normally wouldn't do to avoid parasitic load). I'm waiting for it to gather enough data so I can check my battery health. It's quite different than GSam Battery Monitor. Of course this won't do anything in regards to the battery drain.

Thanks for your tips. If I notice any improvements from #1 I'll report back.

Yes, #1 has improved very slightly my battery life. Not as much as before the 17/07/2021 release of Pixel Experience but I'll take it. If you also decide to do this, beware that it's a workaround and not a fix.

This battery drain issue seems intermittent. I'm prepared to rollback to the May release if the battery drain isn't fixed in the next PE+ (Xiaomi is to blame for this buggy MIUI 12.5.x release). If I decide I can't wait I'll just rollback sooner.

Rollback done last night. Couldn't stand the battery drain. I clean flashed the latest MIUI 12.0.8.0 and PE+ (May release). Battery consumption until now seems normal (first boot after a clean install usually uses more battery). Once it stabilizes I'll upload an updated battery consumption graphic.

Screenshots 01 and 02 are during the battery drain. Screenshots 03 and 04 are from my rollback (no battery drain).

Compass.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: clivekmh

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
hey, i already done until step 6, and im using BRP because when i use the twrp i cant get in to recovery. so i installl brp and it works. but after install the rom i cant get inside recovery again XD. any help?

NVM, i just re flash new BRp from this
I have updated my guide to include the newer twrp you mentioned.

Compass.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    would you say its worth updating to this rom as a daily driver? i just used my old redmi note 5 pro with pe and man its so much better than miui, i completely forgot what i was missing lol. from what i have read, front camera is finally working but the back camera now only has 16mp, and the camera usually is very good... i would not like missing out on the good camera. so would you still wait a bit until updating?
    You can be the first one try, take the risk and tell us. Or join Telegram and ask
    Yes! I tried and it works!
    Widevine L1 working? Did not see post about that?
    Yes it's working. Just paste this file in vendor/lib using Root Explorer and change that file permission by entering "644" as shown below followed by a simple system reboot.
    photo_2021-09-16_23-27-26.jpg

Enjoy L1 :)
    Update (17/09/'21)

Source Changelog:
    • September security patch
    • Updated translations
    • Fixed safetynet
    • Others fixes

Device Changelog:
    • Switched to oss wpa_supplicant & hostapd
    • Switched to oss kernel and dtbo
    • Updated brightness values from redfin
    • Updated device cutout dimens values
    • Fixed L1 issue for some users

Notes:
    • Plx follow the Guide (https://telegra.ph/Flashing-PEPPUI-09-09)
    No, you have to do it before flashing the ROM!
    The steps are:
    1. fastboot format userdata
    2. flash rom in twrp
    3. Format data in twrp
    4. boot
    oooh okay, will give it a try, thanks :)

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8 Pro [begonia]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing

HOW TO FLASH PE
    Guide

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel

Source Changelog:
    • March security patch
    • Implemented new Face Unlock, with support for 3rd apps
    • Added ability to select custom ringtone for 2nd sim card
    • Added support for NTFS/EXFAT on USB Disks and sdcard
    • Improved animations when unlocking
    • Add support for Bluetooth SBC Dual Channel
    • Others improvements

Device Changelog:
    • Region-aware firmware flashing
    • Dropped Secure Element Hals
    • Added Missing Entries In Manifest
    • Fixed MI Thermald
    • Switched To Enforce Sepolicy
    • Fixed Front Camera For New Sensors
    • Cleaned Unused Vendor Blobs
    • Dropped All Aee Ramdisk Calls
    • Updated Prebuild Modules
    • Under the hood improvements

Notes:
    • MiUi FW Is Inbuild So No Need To Flash FW.
    • New Front Camera Sensor Should Work Now.
    Changelog:
    • Fixed Kernel DTB Build
    • Some Minor Changes

Notes:
    • MiUi FW Is Inbuild So No Need To Flash FW.
    Source Changelog:
    • April security patch
    • Updated translations
    • Improved face unlock
    • Performance and stability improvements

Device Changelog:
    • Synced some blobs with begonia RP1A.200720.011
    • Updated FW from begonia V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Updated blobs from begonia V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Synced media files with MIUI V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Synced NFC files with MIUI V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Switched to arch variant to ARMv8.2-A
    • Cleaned up some unused props
    • Cleaned up rootdir init rc
    • Dropped unused flags
    • Removed aosp rils completely
    • Moved rro overlays to vendor

Note:
    • For twrp encryption fix use new TWRP (https://sourceforge.net/projects/be...3.5.1_10-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_1604.img/download)
    Woow finally!
    Thank you very much for this!
    I can confirm, that the selfie cam is working.