• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][begonia] Pixel Experience [OFFICIAL][AOSP]

Search This thread

rayga836

Oct 23, 2011
Problems is not totally your Phone. My phone 72mbps on 2.4Ghz and 200mbps on 5Ghz on same router. Change 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz different names. And try config your router if it not work.
Finally i found the solution.
Just follow the instruction bellow

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
Hello everyone, new PE rom user here!
I have to say that rom is actually pretty good, animations are smooth and overall it definitely can be used as a daily driver.
Don't know about you guys, but I have a problem with battery draining while phone is idle.
I noticed that the battery lost approximately 1% per hour , or even a little more than that.

Does anyone know what's the problem here ?

Have to mention, english is not my native language, so yeah, sorry for possible grammatical errors.
Issue 388: https://github.com/PixelExperience/android-issues/issues/388
Fix: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...roid-11-source-code-redmi-note-8-pro.4324717/

Battery drain is a known issue with MIUI 12.5.x (latest PE is based on it). MIUI 12.5.x is a buggy release that Xiaomi apologized for.

Since the kernel source for Android 11 was released, Custom ROMS that use MIUI 12.5.x as their base should have it (and other bugs) fixed soon.

Compass.

KTBFFH1905

Sep 4, 2021
Issue 388: https://github.com/PixelExperience/android-issues/issues/388
Fix: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...roid-11-source-code-redmi-note-8-pro.4324717/

Battery drain is a known issue with MIUI 12.5.x (latest PE is based on it). MIUI 12.5.x is a buggy release that Xiaomi apologized for.

Since the kernel source for Android 11 was released, Custom ROMS that use MIUI 12.5.x as their base should have it (and other bugs) fixed soon.

Compass.

Thank you very much for reply.

So, if I understood correctly, with newer version od MIUI this issue should be resolved ?

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
Thank you very much for reply.

So, if I understood correctly, with newer version od MIUI this issue should be resolved ?
No, the next version of MIUI 12.5.x will only fix the battery drain if Xiaomi implements it.

Hopefully the next release of PE/PE+ fixes the battery drain even faster than Xiaomi, because Xiaomi released the Android 11 Kernel Source for Begonia(in).

Compass.

KTBFFH1905

Sep 4, 2021
No, the next version of MIUI 12.5.x will only fix the battery drain if Xiaomi implements it.

Hopefully the next release of PE/PE+ fixes the battery drain even faster than Xiaomi, because Xiaomi released the Android 11 Kernel Source for Begonia(in).

Compass.
Okay, I understand now ...
But, I have to ask when the next release of PE will come out ?
Don't need an exact date, but whether in a month or two, three ?

Hope I'm not boring :)

gicifix

Dec 25, 2010
Hello everyone.
I've been playing around with the installation for the past 4 hours.
That's what worked for me, going from stock:
WARNING: THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA. DO A BACKUP.

1) Unlock bootloader using one of the guides (Mi Unlock tool etc.)
2) Download PixelExperience Recovery for begonia
3) Reboot phone to fastboot and connect to USB
4) Send command "fastboot flash recovery PixelExperienceRecovery.img"
5) When finished, disconnect the cable. Don't touch the phone.
6) Press and keep pressed buttons Vol UP. + Power (10s+-)
7) Wait for the phone to reboot
8) When MIUI logo appears, release ONLY the power button. Keep pressing the Vol. UP button.
9) Wait for the screen to go black while pressing the Vol. UP button
10) You should now be in PixelExperience Recovery. Release Vol. UP button
11) Select "Apply Update"
12) Select Sideload
13) Connect phone to USB
14) Open a CMD or Powershell in the same folder where you downloaded the PixelExperience Rom
15) Send command "adb sideload PixelExperienceRom.zip"
16) Wait for the installation to end
17) Phone will reboot multiple times, PixelExperience will tell you that a factory reset is needed
18) Perform factory reset
19) Enjoy

Zisi911

Apr 29, 2011
Athens
Hey guys , is anyone else having issues with wifi calling? My service is enabled, ive done all the basic trouble and when i am in a normal phone call it shows that i have wifi call but in reality its not and i can tell cause if i have poor signal, conversation is crappy and if i have no signal like in the basement, i cant make or receive any phone calls

iikuba

Dec 23, 2014
Hi everyone!

I faced freezes during playing back the video taken on camera (using burial8)
But the thing is the video freezes only in inbuild google files and google photo, checked in VLC and it is OK.

Is there any option to fix freezes without using a third-party player? maybe installing some codecs or magisk module? (buffer fix for gcam is already installed)

666Leosch

Mar 14, 2011
Hey guys, thanks to both of your experience records: #389 #407

For me flashing PixelExperience_Plus_begonia-11.0-20210824-1559-OFFICIAL over the official begonia_eea_global_images_V12.5.2.0.RGGEUXM_20210718.0000.00_11.0_eea on my begonia (not begonian) it went something like a mix of yours.

So for me the PixelExperience Recovery worked best. I had trouble starting the other recoveries, like the TWRP Unified one that Zidan linked from the OP message.

I also had trouble with adb sideload getting stuck at 45%.

But I changed the updater-script to show some more output and that way I found out that it actually patched all the partitions, and was done. So it's fine even if adb claims 45%.

chourmovs

Aug 23, 2009
lyon
Redmi Note 8 Pro
I also had trouble with adb sideload getting stuck at 45%.

But I changed the updater-script to show some more output and that way I found out that it actually patched all the partitions, and was done. So it's fine even if adb claims 45%.

Thank you for the info, unfortunately it's still boot looping here. How long does it usually take to arrive to PE asking to factory reset ?

th1nd

Dec 20, 2017
Punjab
Widevine L1 working? Did not see post about that?
Yes it's working. Just paste this file in vendor/lib using Root Explorer and change that file permission by entering "644" as shown below followed by a simple system reboot.
photo_2021-09-16_23-27-26.jpg

Enjoy L1 :)

Reactions: apelamod

ZIDAN44

Recognized Developer
Update (17/09/'21)

Source Changelog:
• September security patch
• Updated translations
• Fixed safetynet
• Others fixes

Device Changelog:
• Switched to oss wpa_supplicant & hostapd
• Switched to oss kernel and dtbo
• Updated brightness values from redfin
• Updated device cutout dimens values
• Fixed L1 issue for some users

Notes:
• Plx follow the Guide (https://telegra.ph/Flashing-PEPPUI-09-09)

Reactions: hanzn

Top Liked Posts

Anyone experiencing a random boot loop issue? My phone had this issue on stock rom and now with PE. Was fine on PE for about 2 weeks and now is boot looping like stock rom. Any thoughts?
    Usually a clean flash solves this issue.

If you do this and it still happens it might be faulty hardware.

Compass.
    ok, then i don't wanna unbricking my device, i just want to decrypt data partition, as i thing, updating ROM didn't touch user data part, so in theory all data are in place, but i don't know how to decrypt it....
    I'm guessing you mean encrypted in recovery.

Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZo54LoUIdw

Compass.
    Does someone have the rom from May (20210514)?
    I can't download older versions from the Pixelexperience website...
    Thanks
    Check your messages. I sent you a link.

Compass.
    I've upgraded to the latest version (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...xperience-official-aosp.4196041/post-85645175) from the May/2021 build (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...xperience-official-aosp.4196041/post-85013773) and here is my quick review.
    Mainly due to SafetyNet failing on the May/2021 build I decided to flash the September/2021 release.

I followed the installation guide and it went flawlessly. No bricking and the system booted right away.
    I did experiment using BRP3.5.2v3.0-DarkMode-twrp.zip and my internal storage was encrypted. After flashing the recommended TWRP my internal storage was readable again.

The Good:
    • SafetyNet has been fixed out of the box (no need to install anything externally), even if you're rooted as I am (Magisk v23.0);
    • Night Light is working properly;
    • OAndBackupX managed to restore all my applications + data;
    • Internal Storage is encrypted (protects your Internal Storage against unauthorized access from things like device theft);
    • Widevine L1 is working out of the box (I don't use NetFlix but it should work).

The Bad:
    • You have to format data to install this latest version, so be sure to make your application backups prior to your installation;
    • The battery drain bug is still present;
    • The back camera can only go up to 16MP.

What bothers me most is the battery drain bug still being present. I wonder if this will ever be fixed since it doesn't seem to be a priority. I hope it's fixed soon because with the May/2021 release I was getting around five days of battery (from a 80% charge). Now it barely reaches three two days (from a 80% charge). :unsure:

Compass.
    I was using and old version of the rom and now I'm experiencing an huge battery drain with this version. 10hrs of display on May, now 5.5hrs.

I installed GSam and this is the result for today:

View attachment 5421121
    View attachment 5421123
    I think that Ambient light wakelocks are caused by the "Prevent accidental wake-up" setting. (I don't understand if that drains the battery or not).

View attachment 5421125

Unrelated to this problem, could you tell me if Pixel Ambient Services app is installed by default in this rom? Thanks
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...xperience-official-aosp.4196041/post-85586743

Yeah, the battery drain bug approximately halves the idle battery life.

The issue I opened on GitHub got closed without a fix. Go figure. 🤷‍♂️

There is no workaround and I don't expect it to be fixed in Pixel Experience anymore. Perhaps it's time to switch to another Custom ROM It's useless to switch to another Custom ROM based on MIUI 12.5.x that hasn't fixed it.

I don't have "Pixel Ambient Services" on my phone, so it isn't installed by default.

Compass.
    Anyone experiencing a random boot loop issue? My phone had this issue on stock rom and now with PE. Was fine on PE for about 2 weeks and now is boot looping like stock rom. Any thoughts?
    Usually a clean flash solves this issue.

If you do this and it still happens it might be faulty hardware.

Compass.
    Update (10/10/21):

Changelog:
    • October security patch
    • Updated translations
    • Others fixes

Notes:
    • Dirty flash allowed only if you are already in September build.
    ok, then i don't wanna unbricking my device, i just want to decrypt data partition, as i thing, updating ROM didn't touch user data part, so in theory all data are in place, but i don't know how to decrypt it....
    I'm guessing you mean encrypted in recovery.

Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZo54LoUIdw

Compass.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8 Pro [begonia]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing

HOW TO FLASH PE
    Guide

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel

Source Changelog:
    • March security patch
    • Implemented new Face Unlock, with support for 3rd apps
    • Added ability to select custom ringtone for 2nd sim card
    • Added support for NTFS/EXFAT on USB Disks and sdcard
    • Improved animations when unlocking
    • Add support for Bluetooth SBC Dual Channel
    • Others improvements

Device Changelog:
    • Region-aware firmware flashing
    • Dropped Secure Element Hals
    • Added Missing Entries In Manifest
    • Fixed MI Thermald
    • Switched To Enforce Sepolicy
    • Fixed Front Camera For New Sensors
    • Cleaned Unused Vendor Blobs
    • Dropped All Aee Ramdisk Calls
    • Updated Prebuild Modules
    • Under the hood improvements

Notes:
    • MiUi FW Is Inbuild So No Need To Flash FW.
    • New Front Camera Sensor Should Work Now.
    Changelog:
    • Fixed Kernel DTB Build
    • Some Minor Changes

Notes:
    • MiUi FW Is Inbuild So No Need To Flash FW.
    Source Changelog:
    • April security patch
    • Updated translations
    • Improved face unlock
    • Performance and stability improvements

Device Changelog:
    • Synced some blobs with begonia RP1A.200720.011
    • Updated FW from begonia V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Updated blobs from begonia V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Synced media files with MIUI V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Synced NFC files with MIUI V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Switched to arch variant to ARMv8.2-A
    • Cleaned up some unused props
    • Cleaned up rootdir init rc
    • Dropped unused flags
    • Removed aosp rils completely
    • Moved rro overlays to vendor

Note:
    • For twrp encryption fix use new TWRP (https://sourceforge.net/projects/be...3.5.1_10-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_1604.img/download)
    Woow finally!
    Thank you very much for this!
    I can confirm, that the selfie cam is working.