• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][begonia] Pixel Experience [OFFICIAL][AOSP]

Search This thread

thejavigames

Jan 3, 2014
hello I have some easy questions,
With this rom, I can use my bank app ("caixabank") banco de españa (check my account, transfer money, pay receipts, etc, I don't pay with nfc)

Would there be any problem with applications such as the bank or others for having the bootloader open? I am not interested in root,

If my mobile is lost or stolen, could they wipe from twrp and use the mobile, or would it be protected with the google account?

thanks greetings

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
hello I have some easy questions,
With this rom, I can use my bank app ("caixabank") banco de españa (check my account, transfer money, pay receipts, etc, I don't pay with nfc)

Would there be any problem with applications such as the bank or others for having the bootloader open? I am not interested in root,

If my mobile is lost or stolen, could they wipe from twrp and use the mobile, or would it be protected with the google account?

thanks greetings
SafetyNet has been fixed in the latest Pixel Experience release (for non-rooted installations). This is what was causing CTS to fail (e.g. banking apps not working properly).

Encryption is enabled so in the case of theft your data should be secure.

If your device is stolen the thieves can use fastboot mode to factory reset your phone, so having a Google Account wouldn't help against that. No need to enter TWRP.

Compass.

Last edited:

Everdevil

Sep 26, 2021
Hi, this Rom is Pretty perfect but Speed loading isnt working. please maybe mi english is not good in german Schnell Laden. is not working. the accu is loading very slow
from 85% to 100 in 29 minutes? in stock it was 5 minutes maximum

Last edited:

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
I've upgraded to the latest version (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...xperience-official-aosp.4196041/post-85645175) from the May/2021 build (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...xperience-official-aosp.4196041/post-85013773) and here is my quick review.
Mainly due to SafetyNet failing on the May/2021 build I decided to flash the September/2021 release.

I followed the installation guide and it went flawlessly. No bricking and the system booted right away.
I did experiment using BRP3.5.2v3.0-DarkMode-twrp.zip and my internal storage was encrypted. After flashing the recommended TWRP my internal storage was readable again.

The Good:
  • SafetyNet has been fixed out of the box (no need to install anything externally), even if you're rooted as I am (Magisk v23.0);
  • Night Light is working properly;
  • OAndBackupX managed to restore all my applications + data;
  • Internal Storage is encrypted (protects your Internal Storage against unauthorized access from things like device theft);
  • Widevine L1 is working out of the box (I don't use NetFlix but it should work).

The Bad:
  • You have to format data to install this latest version, so be sure to make your application backups prior to your installation;
  • The battery drain bug is still present;
  • The back camera can only go up to 16MP.

What bothers me most is the battery drain bug still being present. I wonder if this will ever be fixed since it doesn't seem to be a priority. I hope it's fixed soon because with the May/2021 release I was getting around five days of battery (from a 80% charge). Now it barely reaches three two days (from a 80% charge). :unsure:

Compass.

Last edited:

Thordgar

I was using and old version of the rom and now I'm experiencing an huge battery drain with this version. 10hrs of display on May, now 5.5hrs.

I installed GSam and this is the result for today:

Screenshot_20210928-230111_GSam_Battery_Monitor~2.png

Screenshot_20210928-230119_GSam_Battery_Monitor.png

I think that Ambient light wakelocks are caused by the "Prevent accidental wake-up" setting. (I don't understand if that drains the battery or not).

Screenshot_20210928-230125_GSam_Battery_Monitor.png

Unrelated to this problem, could you tell me if Pixel Ambient Services app is installed by default in this rom? Thanks

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
I was using and old version of the rom and now I'm experiencing an huge battery drain with this version. 10hrs of display on May, now 5.5hrs.

View attachment 5421121
View attachment 5421123
I think that Ambient light wakelocks are caused by the "Prevent accidental wake-up" setting. (I don't understand if that drains the battery or not).

View attachment 5421125

Unrelated to this problem, could you tell me if Pixel Ambient Services app is installed by default in this rom? Thanks
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...xperience-official-aosp.4196041/post-85586743

Yeah, the battery drain bug approximately halves the idle battery life.

The issue I opened on GitHub got closed without a fix. Go figure. 🤷‍♂️

There is no workaround and I don't expect it to be fixed in Pixel Experience anymore. Perhaps it's time to switch to another Custom ROM It's useless to switch to another Custom ROM based on MIUI 12.5.x that hasn't fixed it.

I don't have "Pixel Ambient Services" on my phone, so it isn't installed by default.

Compass.

Last edited:

konzito

Feb 20, 2014
Hello everyone, I want to thank the people who maintain PE Rom for their amazing work. Way better than MIUI.

To everyone experiencing the battery drain issue, try disabling the "Mobile data always active" on Developers Menu. It solved for me.

Jollld

May 9, 2017
I don't get it why do we always need to format our internal storage every damn update??
Isn't there a way to avoid this?

I thought I wouldn't need to format the internal storage this update, but it wouldn't boot without doing that.

Divyanshu K3

Sep 18, 2016

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8 Pro [begonia]

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
Lights
Sound / vibration

Known issues
Nothing

HOW TO FLASH PE
Guide

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
Download

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel

Recorder app not working! Oct update

Tomtet

Dec 7, 2020
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Hello everyone,

I switched from stock MIUI to last october build last week. and my phone gets a new device mac adress on every reboot.
I set my WLAN to use the device mac but this does not help to use mac filtering in my router it the device mac changes on reboots.
Does anyone know how to prevent this, or is it a bug?

Thanks,
Tomtet

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
Hello everyone,

I switched from stock MIUI to last october build last week. and my phone gets a new device mac adress on every reboot.
I set my WLAN to use the device mac but this does not help to use mac filtering in my router it the device mac changes on reboots.
Does anyone know how to prevent this, or is it a bug?

Thanks,
Tomtet
You have two options that come to mind:
  1. Open the option to edit your WiFi connection and check if there's an option to use a static MAC Address;
  2. Download from the Google Play Store an app that sets a static MAC Address (root might be required).
I've switched from PE+ so I can't be sure if you can set a static MAC Address with #1.
If my memory is correct you can't. Either it doesn't have the option to make it static or it isn't working, but check anyway.

Compass.

vnavpath

Oct 20, 2021
Hello, is the NFC working at latest version? Few months ago i have tried Pixel Experience but NFC wasn't working. I am not using google pay but i am paying with my phone with NFC.

rayga836

Oct 23, 2011

View attachment 5421121
View attachment 5421123

View attachment 5421125

What version u have installed before?
And do you still have that old rom?
Please give me link to download that rom.
I also have a battery drain issue, and want to try and old rom with the best battery live

kiara2

Aug 14, 2010
Hi guys, tell my how to recovery data from encrypted storage after i bricking my device?
I missed previous update with clean flash, and make durty flash without backup my data.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am coming from an August build, the instructions on telegraph state you need to flash the latest MIUI before flashing the ROM.. is this true or can I skip to the TWRP flash step?

or should I not bother and just wait for Android 12 ROMs
    Flashing the latest MIUI 12.5 for your phone guarantees that you start with a clean state. This helps to avoid issues such as soft/hard bricks. You can skip directly to the TWRP if you know what you're doing (and can make corrections if things go awry).

There's no ETA on when PE/PE+ A12 will be released. If you're happy with the August build it might be worthwhile waiting. Android 12 is going to give issues to some people (https://www.xda-developers.com/android-12-material-you-lagging/ and https://www.xda-developers.com/android-12-background-app-limitations-major-headache/)

Compass.
    TWRP is unable to decrypt the folders and files inside /sdcard after installing PixelExperience.

It worked fine before (when I was still on MIUI), TWRP would ask me for my PIN to unlock.
    However, now that I have PE, it doesn't even ask for my PIN, and shows all folder and file names (and I assume file contents) as a garbled random mess.

View attachment 5470883

What I use:

Things I've tried:
    • Other custom recoveries (including the version from twrp.me, orangeFox..), but those all bootloop.
    • Reflash and setup PixelExperience, once with and another time without setting a PIN
    • Factory Reset (using TWRP)
    • Format Data (in TWRP) and reïnstall PE
    • Repair File System (in TWRP)
    None of these worked, it always resulted in unreadable /sdcard

Note: I can use the system without issues, its just that I don´t dare to install Magisk now that I cannot disable modules from within the Recovery.
    Please use the correct TWRP: https://telegra.ph/Flashing-PEPPUI-09-09

Compass.
    Hello,

I had same issue with battery drain since last week.
    I was running PE+ for several months but just had no time to flash with last MIUI to be able to update PE+ to its last release.
    With no change I did by myself my phone started draining the battery very kickly in few hours.
    Then performed some tests to find root cause and I came to the mobile network which is the root cause.
    Nothing special inside battery usage display. Just found when I disable mobile network battery stopped draining.
    If using wifi issue is not there.
    If doing mobile calls without mobile network activated battery is normal.
    Finally I found PE+ update is always downloading last release which it can't install (due to MIUI incompatibility).
    No option let you disable the last release download. You just see it loop downloading it. Some time a popup notification complains about firmware version too old.

I finally flashed last MIUI (12.5.3.0) and now by battery usage became again normal.
    I'll wait for a while without any custom ROM to see if life is better and probably take time later to choose a new custom ROM or use again PE+ if I find the way to prevent it to download automatically last release (even over mobile network).

Regards
    hello I found the solution for this thanks to the telegram group

"you can go to seetings>apps n notifications>see all apps>3 dots>show system apps>*find system update*" and disable mobile data from there
    Hi guys, is the OP up to date regarding the "issues : none" statement ?
    Cos i can see a lots people having lots of issues in this topic...
    I have the second model with newer sensors and want absolute stability (and battery as good or almost as good as in MIUI)

Thanks !
    The battery is holding on a lot longer than in MIUI, and I have not yet found any stability issues or features missing. If you want I could verify if some specific feature you require is present.

Working for me:
    • Network: 4G, WiFi, Bluetooth, Calling, Chromecasting
    • Camera: the included basic camera app works (front & back)
    • Fingerprint sensor
    • Magisk
    • Many other things
    NOT working for me:
    • I've tried installing ANXCamera using Magisk, but all versions & addons I tried were either causing a bootloop, or crashes on using the front-facing camera. Luckily you can easily disable Magisk modules in TWRP (place an empty file named disabled inside /data/adb/modules/MODULE-NAME) to fix the bootloop.
      If anyone has found a working ANXCamera method, I'd be glad to know.
    Hello. Has anybody managed to find a solution to the android auto problem?

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8 Pro [begonia]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing

HOW TO FLASH PE
    Guide

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel

Source Changelog:
    • March security patch
    • Implemented new Face Unlock, with support for 3rd apps
    • Added ability to select custom ringtone for 2nd sim card
    • Added support for NTFS/EXFAT on USB Disks and sdcard
    • Improved animations when unlocking
    • Add support for Bluetooth SBC Dual Channel
    • Others improvements

Device Changelog:
    • Region-aware firmware flashing
    • Dropped Secure Element Hals
    • Added Missing Entries In Manifest
    • Fixed MI Thermald
    • Switched To Enforce Sepolicy
    • Fixed Front Camera For New Sensors
    • Cleaned Unused Vendor Blobs
    • Dropped All Aee Ramdisk Calls
    • Updated Prebuild Modules
    • Under the hood improvements

Notes:
    • MiUi FW Is Inbuild So No Need To Flash FW.
    • New Front Camera Sensor Should Work Now.
    Changelog:
    • Fixed Kernel DTB Build
    • Some Minor Changes

Notes:
    • MiUi FW Is Inbuild So No Need To Flash FW.
    Source Changelog:
    • April security patch
    • Updated translations
    • Improved face unlock
    • Performance and stability improvements

Device Changelog:
    • Synced some blobs with begonia RP1A.200720.011
    • Updated FW from begonia V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Updated blobs from begonia V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Synced media files with MIUI V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Synced NFC files with MIUI V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Switched to arch variant to ARMv8.2-A
    • Cleaned up some unused props
    • Cleaned up rootdir init rc
    • Dropped unused flags
    • Removed aosp rils completely
    • Moved rro overlays to vendor

Note:
    • For twrp encryption fix use new TWRP (https://sourceforge.net/projects/be...3.5.1_10-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_1604.img/download)
    Woow finally!
    Thank you very much for this!
    I can confirm, that the selfie cam is working.