• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][begonia] Pixel Experience [OFFICIAL][AOSP]

Search This thread

Oogwaysmash

Jan 21, 2018
Anyone experiencing a random boot loop issue? My phone had this issue on stock rom and now with PE. Was fine on PE for about 2 weeks and now is boot looping like stock rom. Any thoughts?

kiara2

Aug 14, 2010
As far as I know the unbrick method will format your data, and there's no way around it.

Compass.
ok, then i don't wanna unbricking my device, i just want to decrypt data partition, as i thing, updating ROM didn't touch user data part, so in theory all data are in place, but i don't know how to decrypt it....

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
ok, then i don't wanna unbricking my device, i just want to decrypt data partition, as i thing, updating ROM didn't touch user data part, so in theory all data are in place, but i don't know how to decrypt it....
I'm guessing you mean encrypted in recovery.

Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZo54LoUIdw

Compass.

Reactions: hanzn

Melvee

Oct 26, 2021
Nice Rom so far. But can you remove the x sign in signal bar in next update. There is signal but there a x sign in Signal bar. Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211026-111943~2.png
    Screenshot_20211026-111943~2.png
    165.7 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: chapito

ryuzakinobunaga

Mar 26, 2013
Someone have the rom Pixel Experience + May version? I need because the new releases have the battery drain problem :/ please send me a link or something

poppins0294

Jan 10, 2016
Redmi Note 8 Pro
This custom rom is based on global version of MIUI which has Google Dialer and does not support automatic call recorder. Is there anyway to make it based on Indian MIUI version so that it has built in call recorder from MIUI stock rom or is there any way to replace Google Dialer with MIUI stock dialer application to achieve the same?

stanley87

Mar 8, 2011
HI all,how to update old version pixel experience rom to latest version?need to follow from zero step again?or can we directly update without wipe anything???
btw how to confirm using which rom to use? pro build/ pro plus build?

Last edited:

long.john

Apr 6, 2019
I can't flash magisk after the rom, TWRP can't decrypt data, even if i have no lockscreen or pin enabled. Anyone know how to fix this? i tried many recovery...

EDIT: ok, wonderful, after i flashed another recovery (ThemedTWRP3.5.0-2.0Unified.img) i got the phone bricked. Damn it. I can't do nothing, i can't turn on the phone, no response at all... bricked

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am coming from an August build, the instructions on telegraph state you need to flash the latest MIUI before flashing the ROM.. is this true or can I skip to the TWRP flash step?

or should I not bother and just wait for Android 12 ROMs
    Flashing the latest MIUI 12.5 for your phone guarantees that you start with a clean state. This helps to avoid issues such as soft/hard bricks. You can skip directly to the TWRP if you know what you're doing (and can make corrections if things go awry).

There's no ETA on when PE/PE+ A12 will be released. If you're happy with the August build it might be worthwhile waiting. Android 12 is going to give issues to some people (https://www.xda-developers.com/android-12-material-you-lagging/ and https://www.xda-developers.com/android-12-background-app-limitations-major-headache/)

Compass.
    Hello there,

Maybe i'm coming up with a newbie question but i couldn't find any answer :D

@Compass Linux I tried your method of installation. I've my RN8P unlocked, i flashed lastest stable miui (12.5.1.0 RGGMIXM) later i flashed twrp-3.5.0 but when i hold volume+ i can't boot into recover it keeps rebooting (i was holding volume+ only)
    I've tried to boot to recovery from fastboot but i got an error (see attachment)
    View attachment 5451555

Edit.
    I got it working. I've used TWRP from this YouTube guide:

Edit2
    Well, i've been happy to early :D
    After i flashed .zip and wiped dalvik cache and data my device keeps bootlooping at Redmi logo. I'll go further tommorow.
    Try Format data (Wipe data is difference).
    And next time use correct command to flash recovery.
    Hello,

I had same issue with battery drain since last week.
    I was running PE+ for several months but just had no time to flash with last MIUI to be able to update PE+ to its last release.
    With no change I did by myself my phone started draining the battery very kickly in few hours.
    Then performed some tests to find root cause and I came to the mobile network which is the root cause.
    Nothing special inside battery usage display. Just found when I disable mobile network battery stopped draining.
    If using wifi issue is not there.
    If doing mobile calls without mobile network activated battery is normal.
    Finally I found PE+ update is always downloading last release which it can't install (due to MIUI incompatibility).
    No option let you disable the last release download. You just see it loop downloading it. Some time a popup notification complains about firmware version too old.

I finally flashed last MIUI (12.5.3.0) and now by battery usage became again normal.
    I'll wait for a while without any custom ROM to see if life is better and probably take time later to choose a new custom ROM or use again PE+ if I find the way to prevent it to download automatically last release (even over mobile network).

Regards
    hello I found the solution for this thanks to the telegram group

"you can go to seetings>apps n notifications>see all apps>3 dots>show system apps>*find system update*" and disable mobile data from there
    TWRP is unable to decrypt the folders and files inside /sdcard after installing PixelExperience.

It worked fine before (when I was still on MIUI), TWRP would ask me for my PIN to unlock.
    However, now that I have PE, it doesn't even ask for my PIN, and shows all folder and file names (and I assume file contents) as a garbled random mess.

View attachment 5470883

What I use:

Things I've tried:
    • Other custom recoveries (including the version from twrp.me, orangeFox..), but those all bootloop.
    • Reflash and setup PixelExperience, once with and another time without setting a PIN
    • Factory Reset (using TWRP)
    • Format Data (in TWRP) and reïnstall PE
    • Repair File System (in TWRP)
    None of these worked, it always resulted in unreadable /sdcard

Note: I can use the system without issues, its just that I don´t dare to install Magisk now that I cannot disable modules from within the Recovery.
    Please use the correct TWRP: https://telegra.ph/Flashing-PEPPUI-09-09

Compass.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8 Pro [begonia]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing

HOW TO FLASH PE
    Guide

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel

Source Changelog:
    • March security patch
    • Implemented new Face Unlock, with support for 3rd apps
    • Added ability to select custom ringtone for 2nd sim card
    • Added support for NTFS/EXFAT on USB Disks and sdcard
    • Improved animations when unlocking
    • Add support for Bluetooth SBC Dual Channel
    • Others improvements

Device Changelog:
    • Region-aware firmware flashing
    • Dropped Secure Element Hals
    • Added Missing Entries In Manifest
    • Fixed MI Thermald
    • Switched To Enforce Sepolicy
    • Fixed Front Camera For New Sensors
    • Cleaned Unused Vendor Blobs
    • Dropped All Aee Ramdisk Calls
    • Updated Prebuild Modules
    • Under the hood improvements

Notes:
    • MiUi FW Is Inbuild So No Need To Flash FW.
    • New Front Camera Sensor Should Work Now.
    Changelog:
    • Fixed Kernel DTB Build
    • Some Minor Changes

Notes:
    • MiUi FW Is Inbuild So No Need To Flash FW.
    Source Changelog:
    • April security patch
    • Updated translations
    • Improved face unlock
    • Performance and stability improvements

Device Changelog:
    • Synced some blobs with begonia RP1A.200720.011
    • Updated FW from begonia V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Updated blobs from begonia V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Synced media files with MIUI V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Synced NFC files with MIUI V12.0.7.0.QGGMIXM
    • Switched to arch variant to ARMv8.2-A
    • Cleaned up some unused props
    • Cleaned up rootdir init rc
    • Dropped unused flags
    • Removed aosp rils completely
    • Moved rro overlays to vendor

Note:
    • For twrp encryption fix use new TWRP (https://sourceforge.net/projects/be...3.5.1_10-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_1604.img/download)
    Woow finally!
    Thank you very much for this!
    I can confirm, that the selfie cam is working.