• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][bonito] IncipientOS for Pixel 3a XL

Search This thread

Siluxsept

Feb 17, 2013
Leipzig
Google Pixel 3a XL
I was finally able to reproduce the issue. I reinstalled everything fresh again, and after I updated some apps in the play store, I could no longer find the Netflix app. Super odd situation, but I think I narrowed down what's causing it. Going to test the fix out tonight, and if everything is good I'll upload the new build tomorrow.

A temporary workaround would be to download the Netflix apk and install it that way. I know you said you tried to download it from apk mirror but got an error. Did you download the apk, or the apk bundle package they offer?

I installed the apk from uptodown without any issues. I'll keep you updated on the fix I'm trying though, thanks for letting me know about this!
Having the same issue with recent AICP builds. Even though it passes safety net its not showing up in PlayStore. Downloading / installing apk works fine. Would you mind sharing what you figured out?

P. S. Nice project btw. If i wouldn't be into AICP, i would flash it for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptivateKing

CaptivateKing

Feb 15, 2013
Wilmington
LG Optimus L90
OnePlus 6T
Having the same issue with recent AICP builds. Even though it passes safety net its not showing up in PlayStore. Downloading / installing apk works fine. Would you mind sharing what you figured out?

Yeah man, I'd be happy to share that with you! Going to send you a message shortly

Reactions: Siluxsept

tjlqk3

Apr 18, 2011
Rolla, MO
I actually noticed that, but it was a better alternative to the original Gcam I was going to include. The first modded Gcam force closed when trying to record any video, this one just appears to not work with night sight.

The one I include now is just the stock Google camera app from the play store. I assume this this probably happens with LineageOS as well, I'll flash a build to make sure it's not something on my end though
Netflix is back to not working again as well. Not sure what caused it. I force closed it and erased the cache still won't load.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210901-153453_Netflix.png
    Screenshot_20210901-153453_Netflix.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 10

CaptivateKing

Feb 15, 2013
Wilmington
LG Optimus L90
OnePlus 6T
Netflix is back to not working again as well. Not sure what caused it. I force closed it and erased the cache still won't load.
Must be something on your end, I've actually been using the app quite a bit for the past few days without a hiccup. Just checked again and everything appears to be fine.

Did you add/change anything recently? Or can you think of what you might have done between the last time it worked and now?

Loving this ROM, but Netflix gives me the same error with the latest build.

EDIT: The only clue I've got so far is a line in the logcat, "09-24 00:14:25.954 27783 31081 W GooglePlayServicesUtil: com.netflix.mediaclient requires the Google Play Store, but it is missing."

I got a potentially related error from Pandora saying it requires Google Play Services but they aren't installed, but then it runs anyway.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bj5ZDuF.png

IncipientOS

IncipientOS was something I started back in 2018. It started as personal LineageOS builds, with added features/tweaks/optimizations. Eventually the idea for IncipientOS was born. Fast forward a few months and many things in my life changed, which led to a halt in development. I'm finally at a point where I can continue this project in my free time, and here we are!

ROM Features:

-Compiled with Gapps included
    -Custom wallpaper added as default (more to come in future)
    -Removed ExpandedChildrenCount in settings (no longer have to press down arrow to see all options)
    -Various small tweaks to system ui appearance
    -Adaptive Playback
    -Three Finger Swipe to screenshot
    -Allow using 4G icon in place of LTE
    -OOS clear all recents button
    -Option to toggle clear all recents button
    -Ability to add/remove QS tiles with just a tap
    -Allow lower nightlight temps
    -Always show LTE+/4G+ icon when available
    -Improved scrolling cache
    -Wireless charging animation for wired also
    -Allow all rotations
    -Lockscreen Quick Unlock
    -Advanced reboot by default
    -Extra device and firmware info in settings
    -Edge notifications
    -Data disabled indicator icon
    -Enable/disable screenshot sound
    -Live volume steps
    -Updated NFC tile drawable
    -Updated bluetooth battery level assets
    -Data switch tile
    -Lots of new lockscreen clock choices
    -New font styles
    -Sound/screenshot/reboot to recovery QS tiles
    -Pixel framework colors
    -O3 optimizations in bionic
    -O3 optimizations in frameworks/base
    -O3 optimizations in art
    -Enable ThinLTO
    -PGO and LTO optimizations
    -Vanadium browser included (default web browser from GrapheneOS)
    -Option to toggle system blur effects
    -Revamped settings menu look
    -Added back selinux status in about info
    -Added incipient logo to firmware info
    -Updated settings icon
    -Redesigned volume panel interface
    -Added new volume panel styles
    -Switched to OneUI drawables for navbar icons
    -Updated QS flashlight icon
    -Android 12 style switches
    -Modified brightness slider icon
    -Android 12 style media player
    -New look for system icons
    -Modified appearance of lockscreen notifications
    -Enabled dark theme by default
    -New custom accent color by default
    -More to come!

Kernel Features:

-Patched to version 4.9.251
    -Compiled with Clang 13.0.1
    -Added SIO/FIOPS/ZEN/MAPLE i/o schedulers
    -Added option to toggle fsync on/off
    -Added Boeffla wakelock blocker
    -Added AdrenoBoost
    -Added RGB control
    -Use lz4 compression for ZRAM
    -Added WireGuard VPN
    -Added headphone gain control
    -CRC disabled by default
    -More to come!

Downloads:

IncipientOS Builds
    Modified Recovery (Allows you to flash magisk)

First Install:

-Download latest build and boot.img (modified recovery)
    -Reboot device into bootloader
    -Flash latest boot.img (fastboot flash boot boot.img)
    -Boot into recovery
    -Factory reset device
    -Flash ROM via adb sideload
    -Reboot system and enjoy!

Rooting with Magisk:

-After clean install, boot and setup ROM first!
    -Reboot to recovery
    -Flash latest magisk via adb sideload
    -Reboot system and enjoy!

Bugs:

-You tell me!

Screenshots:

See post #3

Source:

IncipientOS Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source
    I just flashed this(I'm fairly new at this) but in the play store Netflix will not show up. I tried installing it via apk mirror and it will install but gives me a 1001 error. This is the only rom it seems to do this on. Other than that this thing is very smoot and I love the notification screen lighting.
    I was finally able to reproduce the issue. I reinstalled everything fresh again, and after I updated some apps in the play store, I could no longer find the Netflix app. Super odd situation, but I think I narrowed down what's causing it. Going to test the fix out tonight, and if everything is good I'll upload the new build tomorrow.

A temporary workaround would be to download the Netflix apk and install it that way. I know you said you tried to download it from apk mirror but got an error. Did you download the apk, or the apk bundle package they offer?

I installed the apk from uptodown without any issues. I'll keep you updated on the fix I'm trying though, thanks for letting me know about this!

Yeah man, I'd be happy to share that with you! Going to send you a message shortly