• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][11][COURBET MI 11 LITE 4G] PixelExperience Plus [AOSP] UNOFFICIAL 16/08/21. [EOL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

vikasrockz

Aug 15, 2015
Mumbai

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Mi 11 Lite 4G [courbet]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210813-201451.png
    Screenshot_20210813-201451.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 765
  • Screenshot_20210813-201626.png
    Screenshot_20210813-201626.png
    422.4 KB · Views: 733
  • Screenshot_20210813-201508.png
    Screenshot_20210813-201508.png
    178.5 KB · Views: 668
  • Screenshot_20210813-201801.png
    Screenshot_20210813-201801.png
    123.3 KB · Views: 676
  • Screenshot_20210813-201459.png
    Screenshot_20210813-201459.png
    323.4 KB · Views: 670
  • Screenshot_20210813-201615.png
    Screenshot_20210813-201615.png
    98.4 KB · Views: 670

vikasrockz

Aug 15, 2015
Mumbai
(NEW BUILD !!) 16/08/2021
Pixel Experience Plus variant (Fixed Auto Brightness issue in this build. Thanks to ygherna for the fix.)

Download link - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=327495

🆑 Changelog Device :
* August ASB.
* Refresh rate to QS.
* Added color modes from sunfish.

🙏 Thanks To @ygherna

📝Gapps included

Support Channel (https://t.me/unofficial_courbet_builds_vikas)

Special Thanks For @ygherna And @Golbinex for device sources and helping out

Note :- Whoever have installed previous pixel experience build pls do a clean install for the new build as this build is pixel plus variant. So wipe data,cache and all the necessary wiping before flashing this build and always format data.

Last edited:

mohye84

Jan 10, 2009
@vikasrockz Thank you so much for this, I am using it right now, it's the best custom ROM I have found so far.
Here is what didn't work for me.

* Recorder app doesn't work.
* The adaptive brightness feature is not stable, the brightness keeps moving up and down without a real change in the surrounding environment, its too bright most of the time
* Google Play Store and Google Play Services didn't update to the latest versions from the store automatically, I had to manually install the latest editions.
* I tried multiple MGC but they don't work when switching to front video, I still have to find a decent camera app.
* Night light doesn't work with DC dimming.

Other than that everything is flawless.

vikasrockz

Aug 15, 2015
Mumbai
@vikasrockz Thank you so much for this, I am using it right now, it's the best custom ROM I have found so far.
Here is what didn't work for me.

* Recorder app doesn't work.
* The adaptive brightness feature is not stable, the brightness keeps moving up and down without a real change in the surrounding environment, its too bright most of the time
* Google Play Store and Google Play Services didn't update to the latest versions from the store automatically, I had to manually install the latest editions.
* I tried multiple MGC but they don't work when switching to front video, I still have to find a decent camera app.
* Night light doesn't work with DC dimming.

Other than that everything is flawless.
DC dimming will be removed. And for the camera we don't have yet fully functional gcam yet. But you can try BSG camera it works fine. And for play store and services o didn't had issues it got updated automatically with other apps as soon as I was connected to wifi

mohye84

Jan 10, 2009

vikasrockz

Aug 15, 2015
Mumbai
I need help, after installation, running the firmware forever, please help
If you are on miui, then go to twrp, wipe data cache, metadata and all except internal storage, if ur having rom on external storage like otg or sd card then u can wipe internal storage also. After doing all these steps. Then flash firmware file which is around 80-90 mb. Then flash rom. Then formats data and reboot.

Reactions: 14qqmadis

s3xxxypigispg13

Aug 17, 2021
Hi, thanks for the Beautiful ROM, I just installed it and it's perfect, much prefer it to CrDroid which was previously my only option for my device, due to this one being much cleaner with less bloat, just have a curious newbie question, what does unofficial mean in this scenario, and what exactly differentiates this ROM from a supposedly official Pixel experience Build?

Reactions: mohye84
Hi, thanks for the Beautiful ROM, I just installed it and it's perfect, much prefer it to CrDroid which was previously my only option for my device, due to this one being much cleaner with less bloat, just have a curious newbie question, what does unofficial mean in this scenario, and what exactly differentiates this ROM from a supposedly official Pixel experience Build?

To become an official PixelExperience there're some pre-requisites that the developer must accomplish. i.e. you can't create a ROM and put it to be "Official" even if ot wirks excellent, and there are a couple of requirements in terms of quality and rules that must be met before applying the ROM to be an official build.

If you're interested you can check and learn the details at this URL: https://github.com/PixelExperience/official_devices/blob/master/README.md

s3xxxypigispg13

Aug 17, 2021
To become an official PixelExperience there're some pre-requisites that the developer must accomplish. i.e. you can't create a ROM and put it to be "Official" even if ot wirks excellent, and there are a couple of requirements in terms of quality and rules that must be met before applying the ROM to be an official build.

If you're interested you can check and learn the details at this URL: https://github.com/PixelExperience/official_devices/blob/master/README.md
Oh ok, thanks

s3xxxypigispg13

Aug 17, 2021
is this rom better than crdroid for daily use and battery usages?
I've used CrDroid, The Xperience Project and this Rom, Performance is honestly nearly identical, my battery was best on the Xperience Project and worse on CrDroid, nevertheless I'm gonna keep using this as on Xperience I couldn't change my bootanimation to the Pixel one, where as this Rom uses comes with it out of the box and both Xperience and CrDroid had some preinstalled apps I deemed unnecessary and had to root my device to remove

Reactions: mohye84

qpalzmqp

Apr 29, 2021
I really like the rom but I find the AOD (ambient display) somewhat bright. The black doesn't seem like AMOLED black. It's backlit.

akicarkralj

Jun 23, 2013
Great rom, probably the best I've tried, couple problems tho. First, as someone else said, google recorder app is not working. What I found out is that its not because of the app, it has something to do with the mic itself. Most voice recorder apps work fine but some don't. Same thing happened on crDroid as well. Second, the display doesn't switch to P3 colour mode when for example watching HDR on youtube. You can see the display going into high brightness mode but colours are not switching. Same thing in google photos with wide color gamut pictures. This tho, works fine on other roms I've tried.

mohye84

Jan 10, 2009
One more irritating issue, probably due to a cheap digitizer not this ROM, whenever I'm trying to record a voice message on Whatsapp it deselects the mic button and interrupts the recording (as if I have moved my finger away from the screen)

Reactions: mahbod.es.1996
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Mi 11 Lite 4G [courbet]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

(NEW BUILD !!) 16/08/2021
    Pixel Experience Plus variant (Fixed Auto Brightness issue in this build. Thanks to ygherna for the fix.)

Download link - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=327495

🆑 Changelog Device :
    * August ASB.
    * Refresh rate to QS.
    * Added color modes from sunfish.

🙏 Thanks To @ygherna

📝Gapps included

Support Channel (https://t.me/unofficial_courbet_builds_vikas)

Special Thanks For @ygherna And @Golbinex for device sources and helping out

Note :- Whoever have installed previous pixel experience build pls do a clean install for the new build as this build is pixel plus variant. So wipe data,cache and all the necessary wiping before flashing this build and always format data.
    Sad to say, but no. Also I am not updating this rom further. I left. I only now moving forward with DOT OS.
    Well, I hope someone picks the development back up in the future.
    Great rom, probably the best I've tried, couple problems tho. First, as someone else said, google recorder app is not working. What I found out is that its not because of the app, it has something to do with the mic itself. Most voice recorder apps work fine but some don't. Same thing happened on crDroid as well. Second, the display doesn't switch to P3 colour mode when for example watching HDR on youtube. You can see the display going into high brightness mode but colours are not switching. Same thing in google photos with wide color gamut pictures. This tho, works fine on other roms I've tried.