• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11] CrDroid 7.10 for Griffin [UNOFFICIAL][13Sep]

Search This thread

SirRGB

BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
  • flash latest TWRP via fastboot
  • reboot to recovery
  • adb sideload path/to/rom.zip OR copy file and flash manually
  • adb sideload path/to/magisk.zip OR copy file and flash manually
  • format data (recommended)
  • reboot to system
  • enjoy!

Update installation:
  • reboot to recovery
  • adb sideload path/to/rom.zip OR copy file and flash manually
  • adb sideload path/to/magisk.zip OR copy file and flash manually
  • reboot to system
  • enjoy!

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Device sources:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<project name="MotoZ-2016/android_device_motorola_griffin" path="device/motorola/griffin" remote="github" revision="lineage-18.1" />
<project name="MotoZ-2016/android_kernel_motorola_msm8996" path="kernel/motorola/msm8996" remote="github" revision="lineage-18.1" />
<project name="erfanoabdi/proprietary_vendor_motorola" path="vendor/motorola" remote="github" revision="lineage-18.1" />

<!--Dependencies-->
<project path="external/bson" name="LineageOS/android_external_bson" remote="github" revision="lineage-18.1" />
<project path="system/qcom" name="LineageOS/android_system_qcom" remote="github" revision="lineage-18.1" />
</manifest>

Download:
ROM Sourceforge Download

Known issues:
Moto Mods like JBL speaaker
Front flash not working fixed using open camera thanks to @PriToX
I am just starting with compiling so I can not fix bugs.

Untested:
Moto Mods (except battery mod)
SIM functionality
thanks to @immortal14 for testing

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid Community Telegram
Donate to help the CrDroid team pay server costs
Special thanks to @erfanoabdi and the Lineage OS team for maintaining trees
and to @impassibile and @PriToX for testing

Last edited:

Desi Rockstar

Jul 3, 2021
how is the battery backup and multicore performance of this rom, i tried lineage os17.6. but it keeps disabling 2 cores automatically ,no matter which battery usage option i select. And battery drained over night (even with disabled lock screen features and ambient display ). overall its stuttery.
Resurrection remix 5.8.5 worked fine good battery life , good geekbench 5 score too.

SirRGB

how is the battery backup and multicore performance of this rom, i tried lineage os17.6. but it keeps disabling 2 cores automatically ,no matter which battery usage option i select. And battery drained over night (even with disabled lock screen features and ambient display ). overall its stuttery.
Resurrection remix 5.8.5 worked fine good battery life , good geekbench 5 score too.
I personally use this rom as a daily driver (without sim) and battery life is ok. It is a Moto Z after all. Geekbench 5 scores are 240 in Single and 600 for Multicore, but it fluctuates very much. I havent noticed heavy lag, seems usuable to me.

SirRGB

According to a tester battery mod works on Project Sakura, so it should theoretically work. I havent implemented smart charging, so it will charge on 100% if you dont use 3rd party apps to prevent that.
How's the mod support? Especially for battery mod, does it have efficiency or any way to stop charging from attached mod etc?
But other mods like JBL speaker dont work. In the end there is only one way to find out if something works...testing

Reactions: heithered

PriToX

Feb 11, 2011
Moto Z
Xiaomi Redmi 7
Thank You SirRGB for your work building this and the Project Sakura rom.

I am currently using this one (crDroid) on my moto z and it works wonderfully. I am about to get my (internal) battery replaced in mine so i can actually start to use it again. Once I do get it replaced, hopefully by the end of the month I happily volounteer my time for testing or feedback.

Once again, great work and much appreciated!

Reactions: SirRGB

PriToX

Feb 11, 2011
Moto Z
Xiaomi Redmi 7
A few things noticed so far.

Settings/About Phone/Modell = Pixel 5.
My bad, it does say "Moto Z", just reflashed. Something I did changed it :D

Dualsim functionality is working, i get signal and whatnot on both cards.

VoLTE might be working. Not getting the icon in the statusbar for it, but i do get the option to enable/disable "VoLTE Services" or how it is phrased in settings. Not getting that option for the simcard what is not VoLTE capable. It makes me belive it is "kind of working"? Havent been able to verify that it actually does work.

Also, not ROM related. But dualsim + sd card wont work. I tried my best but it just wont fit into the slot :D
I guess im bit spoiled now with my current Redmi 7 what does dualsim+sdcard hehe.

Last edited:
Reactions: SirRGB

SirRGB

Settings/About Phone/Modell = Pixel 5. Dualsim functionality is working, i get signal and whatnot on both cards.

VoLTE might be working. Not getting the icon in the statusbar for it, but i do get the option to enable/disable "VoLTE Services" or how it is phrased in settings. Not getting that option for the simcard what is not VoLTE capable. It makes me belive it is "kind of working"? Havent been able to verify that it actually does work.

Also, not ROM related. But dualsim + sd card wont work. I tried my best but it just wont fit into the slot :D
I guess im bit spoiled now with my current Redmi 7 what does dualsim+sdcard hehe.
I think you installed a Magisk module that spoofs the Pixel 5, because I cant replicate this. Anyway, thank you very much for testing this rom, I will probably try to build it another time.

Attachments

• photo_2021-09-09_10-55-13.jpg
    photo_2021-09-09_10-55-13.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: PriToX

PriToX

Feb 11, 2011
Moto Z
Xiaomi Redmi 7

This one appears to work on this rom. It might work on Project Sakura too, but havent tried it. Moto Mods default app works just fine with battery pack but i was curious if this one would still work. It shows the battery percent in it's notification where moto mod doesnt. Not a biggie as the "default battery indicator" seems to show the battery pack 's level when attached. Erfan 's mod does allow for changing the default start/stop values for charging, which i cant really test at the moment if it is actually working because my internal battery is "dead" and it is always charging :D

What you need is the BatteryModPercentage.apk & working Xposed. I am using Riru(Core) + LSposed.
When enabling the xposed module tick "System Framework" and hit okey and it should work.
Reboot as needed :)

I did notice the app is little bit grumpy at times and wont launch, just hit it again or in worst case, force kill it and it should come to life.

Attachments

• BatteryModPercentage_1.9.apk
    2.1 MB · Views: 1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I am currently using this one (crDroid) on my moto z and it works wonderfully. I am about to get my (internal) battery replaced in mine so i can actually start to use it again. Once I do get it replaced, hopefully by the end of the month I happily volounteer my time for testing or feedback.

Settings/About Phone/Modell = Pixel 5. Dualsim functionality is working, i get signal and whatnot on both cards.

I think you installed a Magisk module that spoofs the Pixel 5, because I cant replicate this. Anyway, thank you very much for testing this rom, I will probably try to build it another time.
    If you are still interested in testing you can check out some of the roms I compiled, I am not sure whether they are ready for release, so dm me when you tested. Everyone else is also welcomed to test...

Note: for derpfest I recommend to turn off blur
    That's alot of roms! And i only have two hands + 1 device :D I will come up with some sort of "testing methodology" tomorrow morning and i'll get to testing. Whatever i come up with i will forward to you in pm :)

Edit: Forgot to mention, once i get my internal battery replaced i will be able to also test gamepad mod functionality. I have battery mod + gamepad mod but because of how the gamepad mod is designed i cant test/use that one untill i get the internal battery replaced.
    According to a tester battery mod works on Project Sakura, so it should theoretically work. I havent implemented smart charging, so it will charge on 100% if you dont use 3rd party apps to prevent that.
    How's the mod support? Especially for battery mod, does it have efficiency or any way to stop charging from attached mod etc?
    But other mods like JBL speaker dont work. In the end there is only one way to find out if something works...testing

If you are still interested in testing you can check out some of the roms I compiled, I am not sure whether they are ready for release, so dm me when you tested. Everyone else is also welcomed to test...

Note: for derpfest I recommend to turn off blur
    That's alot of roms! And i only have two hands + 1 device :D I will come up with some sort of "testing methodology" tomorrow morning and i'll get to testing. Whatever i come up with i will forward to you in pm :)

Edit: Forgot to mention, once i get my internal battery replaced i will be able to also test gamepad mod functionality. I have battery mod + gamepad mod but because of how the gamepad mod is designed i cant test/use that one untill i get the internal battery replaced.