[ROM][11] CrDroid 7.14 vanilla/gapps for Griffin [UNOFFICIAL][10Feb]

Search This thread

blinkerss

Oct 30, 2012
Thank you so much for your effort to keep griffin alive

i want to report some bug that still persist from LOS 17.1, and continue to ALL 18.1 build, including your build (i've tested all your build, crdroid, sakura, dot os)

the problem is regarding NFC, the problem exactly like this:

but there's a solution for same problem but for different model

hopefully you can solve this problem with griffin

SirRGB

Jun 29, 2019
Google Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Thanks for trying to help, but audio is dead in my 7.15 builds, so I will prioritize that obv. I addition the most recent fix is for Q, Idk if that already changed in R, so you can try yourself by editing the files in the last message if you have root access...

NikitaCik

Jan 12, 2016
Moscow
XT1650-03, lineage on android 11, crdroid, aicp - everywhere imeis are empty and therefore does not see the sim.
At the same time, returning to lineage on Android 10., Or stock - imeis appear and the network works.

Reactions: SirRGB

SirRGB

Jun 29, 2019
Google Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Ok, that is really weird. I didnt test sim on the most recent roms tbh, but it worked before and no change I did could break ril...
I will test in the following weeks, but cant guarantee anything since I am a little busy rn.
Anyway thanks for testing and backup persist and efs, just in case...

Reactions: NikitaCik

SirRGB

Jun 29, 2019
Google Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

i want to report some bug that still persist from LOS 17.1, and continue to ALL 18.1 build, including your build (i've tested all your build, crdroid, sakura, dot os)

1st, I dont think anyone tested all builds, because for some I didnt/wont make an xda thread, but they are on SF if you want to test them all. 😉
Btw I just buildbot, so nothing major, Erfan and other devs did the complicated stuff...

2nd, I digged a little further and it seems like the issue is this commit, but if I just append these lines it kills nfc for me (tested on another phone though). It seems like it isnt supported in nfc 1.1 from the lineage side. The commits I found were all around the A8 era, so Idk if there is any fix as if now for A9+.

But thanks for sharing your problem and further info, that really helped a lot.

Reactions: brickhayabusa

SirRGB

Jun 29, 2019
Google Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Btw for those wondering why the next update takes that long (three subversions, ik):
I am working on it, but I somehow messed up the sepolicy and now bluetooth is broken. As for extended adpu it is enabled, but also needs some sepolicy stuff to work.
So I need to figure out how selinux works and then there will be contiuous crdroid builds again.

Reactions: blinkerss

SirRGB

Jun 29, 2019
Google Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

I had a few issues building lately and thus didnt give any updates, but now I am back trying to maintain everything a little more reliably.

I have done a test build of carbonROM A10, which includes extended apdu and should fix your issue. I didnt test the nfc capabilities, but it it indeed booting and seems to work as intended. It would be great if you could confirm that the issue is fixed (or isnt) and report issues ideally with logs/instructions how to reproduce. This build has broken DRM and thus some streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime,... wont work, but YT does ofc.

Gl testing
a noob

Reactions: blinkerss

SirRGB

Jun 29, 2019
Google Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
As you probably noticed a new crdroid vanilla release is on my SF. It includes extended adpu (needs testing), added smart pixels, burn in protection, fps info is now fixed and the temperature info also doesnt skyrocket to the moon (i.e. is devided by 1000 so that the temps are correct) and ofc all the changes from 7.14 to 7.20...
Still needs testing, but if it works (pls report your results) I will maintain crDroid more consistently than before.

blinkerss

Oct 30, 2012
As you probably noticed a new crdroid vanilla release is on my SF. It includes extended adpu (needs testing), added smart pixels, burn in protection, fps info is now fixed and the temperature info also doesnt skyrocket to the moon (i.e. is devided by 1000 so that the temps are correct) and ofc all the changes from 7.14 to 7.20...
Still needs testing, but if it works (pls report your results) I will maintain crDroid more consistently than before.

thank you so much sir, finally my moto z NFC can detect my card and display the correct value!, later i will test your rom more thoroughly, especially DRM content related app

thanks!!!

Reactions: SirRGB

blinkerss

Oct 30, 2012
All A10 roms seem to have broken drm, A11 fixed that. I cherry picked the commits fixing drm into the A10 branch, but I will still have to test the outcome...
carbon rom 10.png
crdroid 11.jpg

after quick testing, is it normal for 11 rom to use this amount of memory compared with 10 rom?, the difference is quite big, almost 1,5gb more memory used in crdroid 11 rom compare with carbon 10 rom

i tested it with all app that I used installed, minus not using NOVA Launcher for the 11 rom, because if using NOVA launcher, this 11 rom suffer performance drop, lagging, and crash randomly

thanks @SirRGB

blinkerss

Oct 30, 2012
okay no problem, if the phone started to act crazy (rare) because lack of memory, i've just restart to fix it, but overall your build is very nice, all DRM content is played nicely, but one very minor issue for me: everytime i restart the phone, the live display color (basic, srgb, adobe), always reset to srgb which is for me to vibrant compare to basic setting

btw can you build some kind of zip file to patch in recovery for the NFC problem that you fix?

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A12 booted, wifi is borked so that is my priority right now. Will look into the A11 instability after that...
    i feel havoc a11 have a problem with deepsleep and gapps, even i choose the gapps variant. it hot a lot, so i decide to change it with microg. and btw, we from same land. i check your comment before. surprise me, there is some people still use this device like me. we are survirors dude.
    EDIT: I mean DOTOS 11. sorry my mistake
    mantab gan, hp favorit dr 2018, udah bolak balik ganti LCD/batre, sampe punya backup sebiji moto z
    wifi is fixed, test build is up
    wont link directly as it is alpha, but you can easily find it...
    wow, downloading right now, and maybe test it in the weekend, thank you so much for your effort @SirRGB
    I tried to build PE, but gave up eventually and now the security patch is long outdated. PA is impossible for me to bringup since it is caf based and requires more work than other roms. Android 10 is best for our chipset because it cant use its whole frequency range on A11 (and up👀) and thus is more inefficient on those newer versions.
    how about evo x? Nusantara? same as PE too? Just Installed Havoc and RR. I installed havoc vanilla build. i have a little problem, i cant install any app. In RR Chrome browser i faced a random hang. But i think it because of gapps. i use nikgapps btw.
    Hm, ig the the lmk configs are screwed up or so...
    A11 isnt the sweetspot for msm8996 in my opinion.
    but comparing havoc os a11 with crdroid a11, in term of stability the difference is like day and night, the havoc rom almost feel like using carbon rom, but with random and rare system ui crash

A12 booted, wifi is borked so that is my priority right now. Will look into the A11 instability after that...
    i feel havoc a11 have a problem with deepsleep and gapps, even i choose the gapps variant. it hot a lot, so i decide to change it with microg. and btw, we from same land. i check your comment before. surprise me, there is some people still use this device like me. we are survirors dude.
    EDIT: I mean DOTOS 11. sorry my mistake
    mantab gan, hp favorit dr 2018, udah bolak balik ganti LCD/batre, sampe punya backup sebiji moto z
    wow, downloading right now, and maybe test it in the weekend, thank you so much for your effort @SirRGB
    Thank You SirRGB for your work building this and the Project Sakura rom.

I am currently using this one (crDroid) on my moto z and it works wonderfully. I am about to get my (internal) battery replaced in mine so i can actually start to use it again. Once I do get it replaced, hopefully by the end of the month I happily volounteer my time for testing or feedback.

Once again, great work and much appreciated!
    Oh, nvm that phone already supported apdu in its trees, so ig it is possible, will include a fix in 7.16, pls test and report...