- Other improvements and fixes under the hood

Device:
    - Prebuilt OrangeFox-R11.0_1-Stable
    - USB Tethering - FIXED
    - Address sepolicy denials
    - And other improvements

A2LiteUser

May 4, 2021
    Hello, Ive been using this rom for a week. And I like to thank the developer of this rom. I can say that it is a stable rom which you can use as your daily phone.

Here is my review of rom for those who wants information about the rom so that they know whether they should install it or not.

Installation
    Clean Install
    Base Firmware: Stock Rom V11.0.18.0
    TWRP: 3.4.0-4_staging-2 (If you use TWRP 3.5.2 flashing this ROM gives error)
    ROM: Syberia v4.5
    Gapps: FlameGapps-11.0-full-arm64
    Root: Magisk v22.1

Rom Review
    The rom is stock (pure) android 11 with some extra minor features/improvements. It has syberia launcher as the default launcher. It is a slightly customized pixel launcher. The overall roms performance is better than stock. No lag no stuttering. In stock rom if i dont reboot once a day i get lag. But with this rom i dont reboot anymore. Battery life is similar to stock. It lives one day. It does fast Charge. Usually around 4.7W-6.5W.

Features
    Rom includes i guess all of the stock rom (V11.0.18.0) features. But also include extra features:
    Screen Recording (Records at Full HD+ 60fps)
    Dirac Sound (It increases the sound of the phone speaker. I didnt percieve a difference with earphones)
    AOD (Always-on Display)
    Game Mode (Blocks notifications, Disables auto brightness etc.)
    Read Mode (Makes the screen black-white no color)
    Hide Apps (Syberia Launcher, you can hide apps from the launcher)
    OTA (I only updated once to v4.5 30 april 2021 with ota. Just like stock rom ota it works great)
    Other features and many more customization settings

Camera
    The rom comes with stock camera which you have in stock rom. It does work. Can record videos up to 1080p/60fps. It has Auto HDR.
    But I use Modded Gcam 8.2 (Parrot043) instead. This one doesnt record video at 60fps but up to 1080p/30fps. Front camera portrait doesnt work. Night Shots works perfectly.
    ***After the OTA (V4.5 30 April) cant record 4K video anymore.

Bluetooth Headphones
    I have Airpods (1th gen). It works very well with this rom. It uses AAC. And the quality of sound is much better than stock rom since it uses SBC.

Bugs
    (Minor Bug) When I activate the game mode i get notification saying Game mode is Active Click to turn off. But clicking doesnt turn it off. So I need to turn it off from Quick Settings.
    (Minor Bug) When I click at Live Wallpapers at Wallpaper picker It crashes.
    No any other bugs

Missing Features
    Call Recording (Maybe because of full flame gapps i use since it changes dialer)

Extra Information
    With magisk V22.1 i was able to pass safetynet. If you cant pass it try deleting magisk modules and rebooting. Also magisks own safetynet test always fails use another safetynet tester from google play. I was able to see netflix in google play and install it. You cannot pass the test without magisk since the bootloader is unlocked. You need magisk to pass safetynet.
    Using TWRP 3.5.2 to flash this rom can give you error. Use 3.4.0-4 staging-2 instead.
    After every OTA update you may lose your magisk, gapps and other changes you done to system partition(custom bootanimation etc). You can flash them again.

I hope people will find some of their answers in this review. Thanks to the developer for this great rom again. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

dedebekri

Aug 15, 2012
    Hello, Ive been using this rom for a week. And I like to thank the developer of this rom. I can say that it is a stable rom which you can use as your daily phone.

Here is my review of rom for those who wants information about the rom so that they know whether they should install it or not.

Installation
    Clean Install

Rom Review
    The rom is stock (pure) android 11 with some extra minor features/improvements. It has syberia launcher as the default launcher. It is a slightly customized pixel launcher. The overall roms performance is better than stock. No lag no stuttering. In stock rom if i dont reboot once a day i get lag. But with this rom i dont reboot anymore. Battery life is similar to stock. It lives one day. It does fast Charge. Usually around 4.7W-6.5W.

Features
    Rom includes i guess all of the stock rom (V11.0.18.0) features. But also include extra features:
    Dirac Sound (It increases the sound of the phone speaker. I didnt percieve a difference with earphones)
    AOD (Always-on Display)
    OTA (I only updated once to v4.5 30 april 2021 with ota. Just like stock rom ota it works great)

Camera
    The rom comes with stock camera which you have in stock rom. It does work. Can record videos up to 4K/30fps or 1080p/60fps. It has Auto HDR.
    But I use Modded Gcam 8.2 (Parrot043) instead. This one doesnt record video at 60fps but up to 4K/30fps. Front camera portrait doesnt work. Night Shots works perfectly.

Bluetooth Headphones
    I have Airpods (1th gen). It works very well with this rom. It uses AAC. And the quality of sound is much better than stock rom since it uses SBC.

Bugs
    (Minor Bug) When I activate the game mode i get notification saying Game mode is Active Click to turn off. But clicking doesnt turn it off. So I need to turn it off from Quick Settings.
    (Minor Bug) Since OTA(v4.5 30.04.21) phone boots with lowest brightness. So I have to increase it everytime i reboot.
    No any other bugs

Missing Features (Either I didnt see it or its just not available in the rom)
    Call Recording

Extra Information
    With magisk V22.1 i was able to pass safetynet. If you cant pass it try deleting magisk modules and rebooting. Also magisks own safetynet test always fails use another safetynet tester from google play. I was able to see netflix in google play and install it. You cannot pass the test without magisk since the bootloader is unlocked. You need magisk to pass safetynet.
    Using TWRP 3.5.2 to flash this rom can give you error. Use 3.4.0-4 staging-2 instead.
    After every OTA update you lose your magisk, gapps and other changes you done to system partition(custom bootanimation etc). You need to flash them again.

Final Thougths
    In OTA a warning massage saying that "after every update you need to flash gapps and magisk again." would be nice.
    Can we encrypt the phone? Will it break the rom?
    I hope people will find some of their answers in this review. Thanks to the developer for this great rom again. Keep up the good work.
    With flamegapps basic, gapps is there even after ota update, along with magisk. No need to re-install every time.

Magisk stable doesn't pass cts any more, need to install latest canary build so that it passes cts.

Regarding (auto) call recording, it's been there since the beginning. Just be sure the original phone app which comes with the rom is not overwritten by the gapps package you install.

iabas

Mar 30, 2021
    Hi guys. I was using the ROM for more than a week now and I really like is. Can I use the built updater to install the newest version? If yes, will I need to flash TWRP and gapps again? This is my first time updating I'm not sure what to expect. Plus, I'm afraid for internal storage.

lathiief.14

Aug 31, 2014
    Hi guys. I was using the ROM for more than a week now and I really like is. Can I use the built updater to install the newest version? If yes, will I need to flash TWRP and gapps again? This is my first time updating I'm not sure what to expect. Plus, I'm afraid for internal storage.
    Yes you can, read page 10 on this thread.

Reactions: iabas

A2LiteUser

May 4, 2021
    With flamegapps basic, gapps is there even after ota update, along with magisk. No need to re-install every time.

Magisk stable doesn't pass cts any more, need to install latest canary build so that it passes cts.

Regarding (auto) call recording, it's been there since the beginning. Just be sure the original phone app which comes with the rom is not overwritten by the gapps package you install.
    I installed flamegapps full. After the ota all apps related to google crashed. I also lost magisk root. After reflashing they came back working.

My magisk V22.1 somehow passes safetynet. At first it didnt but after deleting systemless host module it passed. The safetynet tester in magisk fails always. I use another tester and look for netflix in play store.

Yes i installed flamegapps full so that must be the case since it replaces default dialer of the rom.

Prashant87

May 2, 2021
    Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
    Yes you can, read page 10 on this thread.
    After updating google play services not working and most google apps. I might have had Nick Gapps before update (forgot what I installed initially but was working fine), now flashed Flame gapps, could this be the reason?
    When flashing the Gapps zip in orangefox, it restarts without any confirmation that it was successful, is this normal?
    I'm a bit of noob in this, sorry if questions are stupid.

Edit: I fixed it by moving Gapps zip to internal storage and flashing from there instead of SD card. Don't know if that means that something is wrong with my card

Last edited:

reeped

Jan 28, 2021
    I feel like each new build makes the ROM worse and worse. Here is a comparison of Notification/Quick access bar of newest and previous builds. Why is there a gap at the top in the newest build? And was this that necessary to add a brightness slider to half open bar?

rC1Yw5YnGjM~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20210506-191636.png

Coffeemi

• Feb 21, 2019
    Takengon
    Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
    I feel like each new build makes the ROM worse and worse. Here is a comparison of Notification/Quick access bar of newest and previous builds. Why is there a gap at the top in the newest build? And was this that necessary to add a brightness slider to half open bar?

I'm on latest build ..
    Please take a few time to setting this ROM !!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210507-042639.png
      Screenshot_20210507-042639.png
      434.7 KB · Views: 77
    • Screenshot_20210507-043122.png
      Screenshot_20210507-043122.png
      136.5 KB · Views: 79
    • Screenshot_20210507-043109.png
      Screenshot_20210507-043109.png
      205.4 KB · Views: 78

dirgs

May 3, 2021
    Hi, i want to ask

Is there a problem with gyroscope? Try to play pubg today and i found that the gyro is reversed.
    Anyone having same issue?

Last edited:

lathiief.14

Aug 31, 2014
    After updating google play services not working and most google apps. I might have had Nick Gapps before update (forgot what I installed initially but was working fine), now flashed Flame gapps, could this be the reason?
    When flashing the Gapps zip in orangefox, it restarts without any confirmation that it was successful, is this normal?
    I'm a bit of noob in this, sorry if questions are stupid.

Edit: I fixed it by moving Gapps zip to internal storage and flashing from there instead of SD card. Don't know if that means that something is wrong with my card
    I am noob as well, no need to worry.
    I am installing gapps from sdcard, sometimes from internal storage, and I found no problem.
    It might as you say, your sdcard is faulty, or just try format it first.

Placing gapps.zip in internal storage is also fine, since you are updating and not wiping data. Do what is works for you :D

Front_endLoser

May 8, 2021
    May I know what's the issue? i used NikGapss and I tried every method but none works, I clear the whole data and cache from Play services and Play store. What should I do? Someone could be able to give me a solution please? :')
    Screenshot_20210508-073554818.jpg

Coffeemi

• Feb 21, 2019
    Takengon
    Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
    May I know what's the issue? i used NikGapss and I tried every method but none works, I clear the whole data and cache from Play services and Play store. What should I do? Someone could be able to give me a solution please? :')
    View attachment 5303197
    What's about they say! * See commons way to fix the problem*?

Recommended use flamegapps,,
    But sorry i'm never installed CODm on Syberia ROm.
    I play the CODM game on the Redmi Note 8 Pro, I have installed on Mi A2 Lite with the default xiaomi Rom and I experience bad GPU rendering, for a custom rom I haven't tried it but now if I try to install the application CODM it works .. CODM now recommends installing the application at least Ram 4 and above ..

Reactions: Front_endLoser

lupesoltec

• Aug 5, 2017

Installation
    Clean Install

Rom Review

Features
    AOD (Always-on Display)

Camera
    The rom comes with stock camera which you have in stock rom. It does work. Can record videos up to 1080p/60fps. It has Auto HDR.
    But I use Modded Gcam 8.2 (Parrot043) instead. This one doesnt record video at 60fps but up to 1080p/30fps. Front camera portrait doesnt work. Night Shots works perfectly.
    ***After the OTA (V4.5 30 April) cant record 4K video anymore.

Bluetooth Headphones

Bugs
    (Minor Bug) Since OTA(v4.5 30.04.21) phone boots with lowest brightness. So I have to increase it everytime i reboot.
    No any other bugs

Missing Features
    Call Recording (Maybe because of full flame gapps since it changes dialer)

Extra Information
    After every OTA update you may lose your magisk, gapps and other changes you done to system partition(custom bootanimation etc). You can flash them again.

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback
    Thank you for your recognition, people like you fill me with strength to continue
    <3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      New build is up :)

Changelog:

Kernel:
      - Upstream to 4.9.271

ROM:
      - v4.7
      - Merged android_11.0.0_r38 June tag
      - Volume panel redesign from AOSPA
      - Art improvements
      - Built with Thin LTO
      - Translations updates

Device:
      - Update fingerprint
      - Audio config improvements
      - Video config improvements
      - Regen Thermal config
      - And other improvements

I Installed 4.6 with:
      TWRP-3.5.0_9-1-daisy-unofficial
      FlameGApps-11.0-basic-arm64-20210509
      Magisk-v23.0

No bugs as far as I can tell.
      USB-tethering also works :D

Best rom for this device in my humble opinion.
      Thanks lupesoltec!
      I Installed 4.6 with:
      TWRP-3.5.0_9-1-daisy-unofficial
      FlameGApps-11.0-basic-arm64-20210509
      Magisk-v23.0

No bugs as far as I can tell.
      USB-tethering also works :D

Best rom for this device in my humble opinion.
      Thanks lupesoltec!
      Did you happen to test Android Auto? I haven't been able to get it to work with my car on anything else than stock ROM.
      Awesome ROM! Thanks!
      Just found problems with two app "no longer compatible with your device" Netflix and iFood
      d7Wdalb.png

Code:
      /*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * Syberia Team not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
      */

Read the whole OP! Be respectful to each other and don't ask for ETAs, it's considered as being rude!

Vv4txnQ.png

Syberia Project (aka Syberia OS) is a custom ROM for <your_device> that implements various features. This project was designed by our "Syberia Team" from scratch based on AOSP source code with some CAF fixes and improvements. Our team: @DennySPB, @blinoff82, @alexxxdev. Also many thanks to our designers @rlshukhov and @a18h for logos, wallpapers and bootanimations.

If you like our work you can buy us a cup of coffee or a glass of beer :p
      Here

VTh68ra.png

Code:
      OTA support
      VoLTE, VoWiFi
      LineageOS LiveDisplay
      MicroG support
      Omnijaws weather
      Face unlock feature
      Gaming mode
      Call recording
      Custom lockscreen clocks
      Dt2s on statusbar and lockscreen option
      QS columns count configurable
      HW Key customization
      Lockscreen quick unlock
      Volume key cursor control
      Prevent accidental wake-up
      Statusbar battery customization
      Wake up on charge
      Pulse flash on incoming call
      Battery light customization
      In-call vibration options
      Screen-off animations
      Live volume steps
      Statusbar items switches
      Statusbar network traffic
      Transparent notifications on lockscreen
      Three finger swipe to screenshot
      Power button torch
      Double tap gestures
      Extended powermenu
      Playback control
      Volume rocker wake
      VoLTE and VoWiFi icons support
      Themes support
      Accent colors
      Fonts support
      Icon shape support
      Screen Record
      ...Settings and features will be gradually added.

8VyUQ4W.png

AvsSRoq.png

Installation

Code:
      - Download the ROM, GApps (Optional), Magisk (Optional) from the links above.
      - Boot to TWRP
      - Wipe System, Data, Dalvik, Cache, Internal Storage (Optional).
      - Flash the ROM
      - Flash the TWRP
      - Change slot
      - Reboot to recovery
      - Flash the Gapps (Version Vanilla)
      - Flash the Magisk (Optional)
      - Reboot and Enjoy.

MWeyPL0.png

Code:
      - You tell me

P3ukkeP.png

Official website
      Syberia Project Github
      Syberia Project Gerrit
      Sleepy Kernel Source
      Official Telegram Group
      Announcements Telegram Group
      Development Telegram Group
      Maintainer Telegram Group

5J6Exi9.png

Code:
      - LineageOS
      - PixelExperience
      - AOSPA (aka Paranoid Android)
      - Nitrogen Project
      - Benzo Rom
      - Dirty Unicorns

kuOCxRH.png
      aa1fda515f2a.jpg
      eedf67cb6bd0.jpg
      362c95a2548b.jpg
      1308c73c13f7.jpg
      d38a5e218245.jpg
      New build is up :)

Changelog:

ROM:
      - Added one more lockscreen style
      - Android System Webview updated to 90.0.4430.82
      - Fixed crash in styles settings when google searchbar is enabled
      - LMKd update from aosp-master
      - Translations update

Device:
      - USB Tethering - FIXED
      - And other improvements

New build is up;)

Changelog:

Kernel:
      - Upstreamed kernel to 4.9.255 Sleepy

ROM:
      - v4.3
      - Fixed glitch with brightness slider in landscape mode
      - Hide notch options
      - Smartcharge HAL implementation
      - VPN tile
      - Always show date in QS header
      - Fixed torch on power button timeout preference
      - SQLite update
      - ART improvements
      - Stock SMS app improvements
      - Stock DeskClock follows system accents and primary background

Device:
      - Initial Build Official :)
      - Enable VoLTE and VoWiFi for all
      - Update to Sunfish FP January
      - Set thermal profile on boot
      - And other improvements

New build is up ! :)

Syberia Project: v4.2 Unofficial

Device:
      - Upstreamed kernel to 4.9.251 Sleepy
      - Updated Perf, Radio, IMS, QMI and DPM from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-02500-89xx.0
      - Import GameJank Reducer from LA.UM.8.1.r1-14500-sm8150.0
      - Add AOSP RCS packages
      - Updated perf to 2.2
      - Updated GPS
      - Audio improvements
      - And other improvements

Splash:
      - Syberia splash by @LKDTR (Thx bro <3)
      Attached file (flash with TWRP)

ROM:
      - Fixed edge lights when sensitive notification content hidden
      - Fixed QS overlaps in landscape mode
      - Fixed custom status bar icon update on lock screen
      - Fixed some theming issues
      - Added Mallow shape icon mask
      - Allow to hide arrow for back gesture
      - Reset battery stats option
      - Smart Charging
      - Allow tethering to use VPN upstream option
      - Lock screen media art blur configuration
      - Fixed issue when media art doesn't shows when face-lock key guard bypass enabled
      - Fixed "Share" icon in recents when custom icon pack is set
      - Added "Delete" button in screen recording notification
      - Enabled privacy hub
      - FOD improvements
      - ART improvements
      - Merged LA.QSSI.11.0.r1-08800-qssi.0 caf tag into telephony

Download: https://bit.ly/3bGPjPo
      New build is up ;)

Changelog:

Kernel:
      - Upstreamed kernel to 4.9.258 Sleepy