[ROM][11] DarkJoker360 AOSP 11 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

Search This thread

DarkJoker360

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
Root Access

The rom is pre-rooted by default.
To use root access just install this apk and enjoy root acccess !

NOTE: There is no fix for safetynet, there are many zip which block google attestation key (by kdragon) but I have not tried them.

Also magisk is broken and I don't know if we will ever see it again, this is because of out old and deprecated partition layout (A-only).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210126-110137.png
    Screenshot_20210126-110137.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_20210126-110113.png
    Screenshot_20210126-110113.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 127
  • Screenshot_20210126-110132.png
    Screenshot_20210126-110132.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 113

witra

Feb 1, 2021
Hi,

I have a Huawei P9 lite (2017) also with codename PRA-LX1 . Is it compatible with your roms? I tried to install some of your roms but I always stay stuck in a bootloop.

Thank you for your help.

Hyask

Feb 1, 2021
Hi,

I've tried the procedure described in first and second posts, before realizing that my current stock ROM is 8.0.0.412, which, if I'm not mistaken, has formatted the `/system` partition with a size of 2GB, where the former ROMs made it with 3GB.
If I'm correct, I need to downgrade my stock ROM. I've tried the `UPDATE.APP` method described here[1], with the PRA-LX1C432B362 firmware, but it did not pass the 5% in the update process of the Huawei recovery. It silently reboots after a while stuck at 5%. What am I missing? Is there something special to do to downgrade to an older firmware?
Is it possible to upload a static binary of `parted` in TWRP to widen the `/system` partition manually? I've read of that kind of voodoo hack somewhere else. Has anyone already done that?

[1]: https://huaweiflash.com/how-to-flash-huawei-p8-lite-2017-stock-firmware-all-firmwares/

hardcorehenry

Dec 2, 2020
Hi,

I've tried the procedure described in first and second posts, before realizing that my current stock ROM is 8.0.0.412, which, if I'm not mistaken, has formatted the `/system` partition with a size of 2GB, where the former ROMs made it with 3GB.
If I'm correct, I need to downgrade my stock ROM. I've tried the `UPDATE.APP` method described here[1], with the PRA-LX1C432B362 firmware, but it did not pass the 5% in the update process of the Huawei recovery. It silently reboots after a while stuck at 5%. What am I missing? Is there something special to do to downgrade to an older firmware?
Is it possible to upload a static binary of `parted` in TWRP to widen the `/system` partition manually? I've read of that kind of voodoo hack somewhere else. Has anyone already done that?

[1]: https://huaweiflash.com/how-to-flash-huawei-p8-lite-2017-stock-firmware-all-firmwares/

Generally it’s not advised to downgrade firmware via dload. I was lucky and had no issues. Download recommended firmware from here. Put dload folder with required content in externalSD(didn’t try) or ExtFAT formatted USB(OTG method witch I tried) as shown in attached screenshot. For dual sim chose PRA-L31_hw_eu for single sim chose PRA-L11_hw_eu. Reading this topic might be very useful.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 11.49.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 11.49.04 AM.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Reactions: Hyask

Hyask

Feb 1, 2021
Thanks a lot @hardcorehenry , the rollback went well!

Sadly, for now, I'm stuck in a boot loop with boot AOSP 11 and Lineage 17.1. The bootanimation for both ROM is displayed for about 5 minutes, then the phone reboot on its own. I've tried multiple procedures, with the same result every time. Is there a way to get boot logs to gather more information?

Jan 16, 2018
I can't get the device to boot, I try again and again, and it restarts to Erecovery, now I am using Android 10 version if I could find a way to fix my problem I would appreciate it too much

Passi36

Oct 11, 2020
Hello,
my device runs wonderfully with these beautiful OS. Thanks for all the work. I know that it means a lot of work until everything is perfect. But I have a question:
Since magisk passed away, I have serious problems with my banking apps.
Is there another method to hide root for apps. I have already searched but found nothing for Android 11.
The apps find root and then of course no longer run.

I would be grateful for a solution.

piterconlai

May 23, 2014
Go to twrp recovery, press "Wipe" Then choose "Advanced Wipe". After that select/check "System" box and then press on "Repair or Change File System" and then you will see down "Resize File System" - press on it and done ur System has been resized. :)

Go to twrp recovery, press "Wipe" Then choose "Advanced Wipe". After that select / check "System" box and then press on "Repair or Change File System" and then you will see down "Resize File System" - press on it and done ur System has been resized.

Hi I followed these directions.

I went in "Wipe" Then , "Advanced Wipe" select "System" press "Repair or Change File System but i only see " change file sistem " non " resize "

can you help me ?

piterconlai

May 23, 2014
hello I followed these steps

I went into the TWRP that of DarkJoker360 3.4

I did "format data" and installed the zip "fstab.hi6250b"

then i went into TWRP and did a wipe cache, dalvik / art cache

* restart your bootloader
* AOSP 11 extract
* run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
* reboot on TWRP

here I am stuck in when I have no way to "resize" from TWRP

install the "NFC" zip

reboot and you only see the huawey logo and it goes in loop

Do I need to install a different TWRP for resizing? if so, which one and where can I download it?

Please help me as the mobile is the loop

@DarkJoker360 can you help me ?

Last edited:

screwit20

Jun 2, 2019
Go to twrp recovery, press "Wipe" Then choose "Advanced Wipe". After that select / check "System" box and then press on "Repair or Change File System" and then you will see down "Resize File System" - press on it and done ur System has been resized.

Hi I followed these directions.

I went in "Wipe" Then , "Advanced Wipe" select "System" press "Repair or Change File System but i only see " change file sistem " non " resize "

can you help me ?

Strange.. There should be three options: "Resize File System", "Repair File System" and "Change File System". :rolleyes: Maybe try doing factory reset with ur stock recovery and then flash again TWRP and try again.. ;)If nothing changes re-flash ur stock rom and then try everything from beginning. Good luck!

Last edited:

vwong

Oct 10, 2014
Mate10lite
USB debugging not working
Bluetooth also seems to be buggy not detecting my yeelock

In about phone it says PRA-LX1, is there way to change it for mate 10 lite RNE-L21 (C185).?

Edit:- Bluetooth works, with HD Audio enabled(Developer options)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Magisk-phh v22.0 is now working !

Only the linked version will work.

1- Install magisk apk
    2- Go to twrp & flash MAGISKA11-a-only
    3- Flash Magisk-v22-canary-phh
    4- Reboot and enjoy

Download

Thanks to @Hami_Do
    New AOSP 11 update

• Synced with latest AOSP 11 source code based on r34
    • Merged April 2021 security patches
    • Fixed animations lags and janks
    • Fixed wired headphones not being detected
    • Fixed gps
    • Fixed ril crashes for dual sim devices
    • Updated APN configs from LineageOS
    • Fixed ril crashes with some carriers
    • Fixed Netflix playback
    • Adjusted screen brightness
    • Fixed minimum brightness too high
    • Enabled Wifi Display
    • Improved Signal Strenght
    • Ignored RSSNR signal implementation, as our RIL is not using it
    • Completely disabled useless gnss_watchlssd_thirdparty service causing drains and logspams

Check OP for more infos and download !

Donations
    Support Group
    Installed yesterday at night and it works, pain was passing safety net, needed to install riru core, EDXposed riru, edxposed manager, hiddencore module, magiskhide props, in magisk hide hide all google apps and same for edxposed, now it glow green but now I can't setup GPay I get error OR-TAPSH-08 but what I founded It's caused by too many attempts so after waiting 24Hour it should work.

Battery seems good enough (I installed AIO-A11-GSIs-Fixes-Emui8-v2.5.zip because A10 version last time on Android10 solved for me battery issue, maybe now it's not needed but letting everyone know if someone have issues with battery.)

Anyway Good Job @DarkJoker360
    Installed yesterday at night and it works, pain was passing safety net, needed to install riru core, EDXposed riru, edxposed manager, hiddencore module, magiskhide props, in magisk hide hide all google apps and same for edxposed, now it glow green but now I can't setup GPay I get error OR-TAPSH-08 but what I founded It's caused by too many attempts so after waiting 24Hour it should work.

Battery seems good enough (I installed AIO-A11-GSIs-Fixes-Emui8-v2.5.zip because A10 version last time on Android10 solved for me battery issue, maybe now it's not needed but letting everyone know if someone have issues with battery.)

Anyway Good Job @DarkJoker360
    Nice. I was wondering if GPS is working for you, does it?
    I installed this on warsaw (P10 Lite) and it boots (I had to flash B326 stock firmware first tho) but wifi, bt and camera doesn't work. Also, the status bar and some other animations are laggy but thats secondary. How can I patch this rom to support wifi, bt and cameras on p10 lite?

EDIT: Reflashing stock rom fixed the issues. Works fine now. Still a bit stuttery tho but not too bad for an old phone.
    Hi,

1566531179-9526.jpg

DarkJoker360 AOSP 11 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

*** Stable Version ***

About
    Android is an open source software stack for mobile devices and a corresponding open source project led by Google. This site and the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) repository offer the information and source code needed to create custom variants of the Android stack, port devices and accessories to the Android platform, and ensure devices meet the compatibility requirements that keep the Android ecosystem a healthy and stable environment for millions of users.

Working
    * Touchscreen
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluethoot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Mtp / Adb
    * Sensors
    * Wifi
    * RIL
    * Camera
    * NFC
    * FP gestures​

Not Working
    * You tell me

NOTE: The signal icon is buggy due to Huawei weird ril implementation, I am still looking to fix it over the new Android 10-11 telephony changes.

Installation
    * you must have TWRP installed (The pretoriano80 one is more compatible with Q and R, so I recommend it.)
    WARNING: You must be decrypted before installing it otherwise it won't boot. (Read second post.)
    * go to TWRP and do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
    * format data
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract AOSP 11
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

Update
    * reboot to TWRP and do a wipe cache, dalvik/art cache
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract AOSP 11
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

If you are getting Error 70 while flashing gapps just resize system from TWRP !
    If gapps are giving network errors or other kind of errors install them after first boot !

Download

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !
    New AOSP 11 update

* Synced with latest AOSP 11 source code based on r32
    * Merged March 2021 security patches
    * Fixed bootloop in some cases
    * Fixed ADB
    * Removed useless overlays
    * More build info fixes
    * Fixed AOSP ScreenRecorder
    * Performance improvements
    * Decreased system partition usage (now AOSP will just take 1,3gb)
    * Fixed a gnss service crashing since A10, resulting in costant wakelocks, logspams and gps failures
    * Added dark theme on Dialer and Messaging apps

NOTE: Clean flash is recommended

Donations
    Support Group
    NOTES
    * For root method read this post, for rooting with magisk read this instead.
    * If you face corrupted storage issues you need to go back on emui and re-install the rom.
    * I recommend NikGapps core with SetupWizard add-on.
    * Use 8.0.0.360 or maximum .400 firmware for booting the rom.
    * Gapps can may give "Uncertified device" error and abort the google account login, use this guide to fix it (thanks to @latviandude )
    * If you want VoLTE/Wifi Calling working flash this zip

** You must be decrypted for booting this rom **
    Before following the installation steps format data and flash this file via TWRP.
    New AOSP 11 update

• Synced with latest AOSP 11 source code based on r34
    • Merged April 2021 security patches
    • Fixed animations lags and janks
    • Fixed wired headphones not being detected
    • Fixed gps
    • Fixed ril crashes for dual sim devices
    • Updated APN configs from LineageOS
    • Fixed ril crashes with some carriers
    • Fixed Netflix playback
    • Adjusted screen brightness
    • Fixed minimum brightness too high
    • Enabled Wifi Display
    • Improved Signal Strenght
    • Ignored RSSNR signal implementation, as our RIL is not using it
    • Completely disabled useless gnss_watchlssd_thirdparty service causing drains and logspams

Donations
    Support Group
    Magisk-phh v22.0 is now working !

Only the linked version will work.

1- Install magisk apk
    2- Go to twrp & flash MAGISKA11-a-only
    3- Flash Magisk-v22-canary-phh
    4- Reboot and enjoy

Download

Thanks to @Hami_Do
Our Apps