Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
Hi,

1566531179-9526.jpg

DarkJoker360 AOSP 11 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

*** Stable Version ***

About
Android is an open source software stack for mobile devices and a corresponding open source project led by Google. This site and the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) repository offer the information and source code needed to create custom variants of the Android stack, port devices and accessories to the Android platform, and ensure devices meet the compatibility requirements that keep the Android ecosystem a healthy and stable environment for millions of users.

Working
* Touchscreen
* Audio
* Boot
* Bluethoot
* Internal/External storage
* Mtp / Adb
* Sensors
* Wifi
* RIL
* Camera
* NFC
* FP gestures​

Not Working

NOTE: The signal icon is buggy due to Huawei weird ril implementation, I am still looking to fix it over the new Android 10-11 telephony changes.

Installation
* you must have TWRP installed, use this one (make sure to have the unofficial Android 11 one ! )
WARNING: You must be decrypted before installing it otherwise it won't boot. (Read second post.)
* go to TWRP
* format data
* reboot to TWRP again
* do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
* reboot to bootloader
* extract AOSP 11
* run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
* reboot to TWRP
* resize system
* flash gapps (optional)
* flash NFC.zip
NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
* reboot to System
* Enjoy !!!​

Update
* reboot to TWRP and do a wipe cache, dalvik/art cache
* reboot to bootloader
* extract AOSP 11
* reboot to TWRP
* resize system
* flash gapps (optional)
* flash NFC.zip
* reboot to System
* Enjoy !!!​

If you are getting Error 70 while flashing gapps just resize system from TWRP !
If gapps are giving network errors or other kind of errors install them after first boot !

Download

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
DONATIONS

Regards !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210119-122858.png
    Screenshot_20210119-122858.png
    455.8 KB · Views: 1,740
  • Screenshot_20210119-122920.png
    Screenshot_20210119-122920.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,695
  • Screenshot_20210119-122924.png
    Screenshot_20210119-122924.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,673
Last edited:

DarkJoker360

Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
NOTES
* For root method read this post, for rooting with magisk read this instead.
* If you face corrupted storage issues you need to go back on emui and re-install the rom.
* I recommend NikGapps core with SetupWizard add-on.
* Use 8.0.0.360 or maximum .400 firmware for booting the rom.
* Gapps can may give "Uncertified device" error and abort the google account login, use this guide to fix it (thanks to @latviandude )
* If you want VoLTE/Wifi Calling working flash this zip

** You must be decrypted for booting this rom **
Before following the installation steps format data and flash this file via TWRP.

Last edited:

hardcorehenry

Dec 2, 2020
Hi, I flashed yesterday AOSP 11via fastboot, storage decrypted with recommanded TWRP using edited fstab.hi6250. Rom seems to work better for me than AOSP 10, screen recorder works, backlight works, already resolved problem with bluetooth(connected/disconnected) by disabling HD Audio in developer options.
Battery drainage while using worries, but it is too early to say, still testing it. There is no way I can get NFC fix working(never could on any custom rom) so obviously I’m doing something wrong. Hope I’ll figure it out.

Thanks @DarkJoker360, great work!

Screenshot_20210121-101930.png Screenshot_20210121-101948.png

EDIT: Flashing NFC fix worked and it is present in settings(Connected devices), but it's absent in status bar(I can live with that;))

Last edited:

piterconlai

May 23, 2014
Hi, I flashed yesterday AOSP 11via fastboot, storage decrypted with recommanded TWRP using edited fstab.hi6250. Rom seems to work better for me than AOSP 10, screen recorder works, backlight works, already resolved problem with bluetooth(connected/disconnected) by disabling HD Audio in developer options.
Battery drainage while using worries, but it is too early to say, still testing it. There is no way I can get NFC fix working(never could on any custom rom) so obviously I’m doing something wrong. Hope I’ll figure it out.

Thanks @DarkJoker360, great work!

View attachment 5194331 View attachment 5194333

EDIT: Flashing NFC fix worked and it is present in settings(Connected devices), but it's absent in status bar(I can live with that;))

Hello I would like to ask you some information

- the bluetooth headphones work?

- How's the battery drain going? More or less how many hours of screen does it make?

DarkJoker360

Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
Added to AOSP 11 accent, font and icon shape picker (like theme picker), now working on an aosp icon pack picker (aka styles) !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210123-000005.png
    Screenshot_20210123-000005.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 529
  • Screenshot_20210123-000017.png
    Screenshot_20210123-000017.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 531
  • Screenshot_20210123-000020.png
    Screenshot_20210123-000020.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 483
  • Screenshot_20210123-000011.png
    Screenshot_20210123-000011.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 523

hardcorehenry

Dec 2, 2020
Hello I would like to ask you some information

- the bluetooth headphones work?

- How's the battery drain going? More or less how many hours of screen does it make?

I made more thorough research, hope it’ll be useful for further development.
Battery:
When idle(sleep) it looses 1% overnight, when only screen on battery drain is 1% per 10 min, when only stopwatch on it looses 1% per 5 min. Checked without SIM and brightness level 45%. Now I’m going to let it drain completely and charge again. Maybe this results are normal(right define normal:D) and needles to worry about.
Bluetooth:
After pair my earbuds automatically trying to switch to aptX audio codec(they have aptX, AAC and SBC support) without success(connected/disconnected again and again), not possible to chose other codec when HD Audio in developer options is enabled. When disabled it automatically chooses SBC(without possibility of change), but this codec works without problems.

Last edited:

piterconlai

May 23, 2014
I made more thorough research, hope it’ll be useful for further development.
Battery:
When idle(sleep) it looses 1% overnight, when only screen on battery drain is 1% per 10 min, when only stopwatch on it looses 1% per 5 min. Checked without SIM and brightness level 45%. Now I’m going to let it drain completely and charge again. Maybe this results are normal(right define normal:D) and needles to worry about.
Bluetooth:
After pair my earbuds automatically trying to switch to aptX audio codec(they have aptX, AAC and SBC support) without success(connected/disconnected), not possible to chose other codec when HD Audio in developer options is enabled. When disabled it automatically chooses SBC(without possibility of change), but this codec works without problems.

Thanks for the reply

so can you do 8 h of screen with this rom?

Have you tried if the blutooth smartwatch works by accident?

Last question :

Would it be possible to go back to a previous version if I didn't like it? I am currently using lineage 16 and I am very happy with it

hardcorehenry

Dec 2, 2020
so can you do 8 h of screen with this rom?

Well you have to calculate yourself from data I provided or flash rom and find out.

Have you tried if the blutooth smartwatch works by accident?

I don’t have such device.

Would it be possible to go back to a previous version if I didn't like it? I am currently using lineage 16 and I am very happy with it

If you are more interested in comfort than struggle, testing and help DEV to perfect this rom don’t change anything. Going back means flash and install everything from scratch.

Last edited:

Junkilito

Apr 12, 2018
I'm always getting an error when flashing system img via fastboot...

error code : Invalid sparse file format at header magic
The system partition can't be written after the first sparse.

I tried with linux and windows, changed the usb cable but nothing change.

Is there anything to do before this operation except the ones in the insttructions ?

hardcorehenry

Dec 2, 2020

Is there anything to do before this operation except the ones in the insttructions ?

I’m not sure I also had this warning( Invalid sparse file format at header magic) but after a while flash went from beginning till the end without problems. Two things come to my head: outdated platform-tools or/and you are on wrong firmware(take a look at screenshots DarkJoker 8.0.0.400 and mine 8.0.0.402), but as I said not sure and it’s pure guess from my side. Wait for second opinion.

Last edited:

Friedensfurz

I’m not sure I also had this warning( Invalid sparse file format at header magic) but after a while flash went from beginning till the end without problems. Two things come to my head: outdated platform-tools or/and you are on wrong firmware(take a look at screenshots DarkJoker 8.0.0.400 and mine 8.0.0.402), but as I said not sure and it’s pure guess from my side. Wait for second opinion.
I have exactly the same problem. Adb also gives me this error, even though it always continues flashing though and also finishes then.

The ROM is however never bootable for me and I can't figure out what I have done wrong. I was on 8.0.0.402 before and used AEX 9 ROM just fine.

What version of TWRP did you use for successful results? I can't find a newer one from pretoriano80 but 3.2.1.0. Maybe that is a problem?

Regards

hardcorehenry

Dec 2, 2020
I have exactly the same problem. Adb also gives me this error, even though it always continues flashing though and also finishes then.

The ROM is however never bootable for me and I can't figure out what I have done wrong. I was on 8.0.0.402 before and used AEX 9 ROM just fine.

What version of TWRP did you use for successful results? I can't find a newer one from pretoriano80 but 3.2.1.0. Maybe that is a problem?

Regards

Hi,
I’ll try exactly step by step how I did it(I’m on macOS so there might be small differences). When on stock after unlocking bootloader and flashing TWRP(took from this post), you need to copy on your external sdcard or USBOTG NFC_fix.zip, gapps(optional) and fstab.hi6250b.zip or edit your own from /vendor/etc like in this post. Boot into TWRP (backup just in case your vendor partition)and either flash fstab.hi6250b.zip(easy way) or replace fstab.hi6250 in /vendor/etc with edited one via TWRP file manager(harder way). After flashing/replacing enter in TWRP into Wipe and Format Data>yes then reboot into TWRP, wipe: cache, dalvik cache and data and reboot into system. You should reboot into ugly looking stock rom. In settings>security>more you should see Encrypt phone that means storage is decrypted. Enable debug and confirm via adb and boot into TWRP. Make backup(ramdisk, kernel, data, system) enter section Wipe>Advanced Wipe and wipe Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache, Data and System. Don’t Format Data again because most probably it'll f*up Internal Storage besides internal storage is already decryptet. Reboot into bootloader. Run in terminal(macOS) or whatever is used in Windows/Linux:

fastboot devices
fastboot flash system drag and drop aosp-11_prague_20210117.img

Reboot into TWRP, resize System if needed, flash NFC_fix.zip and gapps(optional).
Wipe Cache and Dalvik, reboot and that should be all.

Last edited:

DarkJoker360

Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo

It is a know "issue", just ignore it and boot it.
It is most likely a warning.

hardcorehenry

Dec 2, 2020
That would explain why in the past I had troubles reflashing even stock SYSTEM.img via fastboot on latest official firmware. @DarkJoker360 maybe it’s worth mentioning that flashing anything on latest firmware is not advised, and firmware should be downgraded(latest safe confirmed working firmware 8.0.0.402[service rom] or 8.0.0.400 [the same as developer's]).

Last edited:

DarkJoker360

Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
That would explain why in the past I had troubles reflashing even stock SYSTEM.img via fastboot on latest official firmware. @DarkJoker360 maybe it’s worth mentioning that flashing anything on latest firmware is not advised, and firmware should be downgraded(latest safe confirmed firmware 8.0.0.402[service rom]).
I recommend .360 firmware or .400 (the one I am using)
Newer firmwares with newer security patches may refure to boot due to some Huawei changes for avoiding modding.

Friedensfurz

Thanks for all of your help. I managed to get AOSP 11 to boot, the reason why it initially just bootlooped for me was that I did not directly come from Stock ROM. Very weird. Following @hardcorehenry 's steps worked fine. Is it somehow possible to get Magisk going on this ROM? I read the AOSP 10 thread and installed the "magisk phh v21.0".zip file, but now I am stuck on the "Your device cannot be trusted, your device is booting" screen. Any ideas for this? Many thanks.

DunoCZ

Feb 21, 2016
Thanks for all of your help. I managed to get AOSP 11 to boot, the reason why it initially just bootlooped for me was that I did not directly come from Stock ROM. Very weird. Following @hardcorehenry 's steps worked fine. Is it somehow possible to get Magisk going on this ROM? I read the AOSP 10 thread and installed the "magisk phh v21.0".zip file, but now I am stuck on the "Your device cannot be trusted, your device is booting" screen. Any ideas for this? Many thanks.
No magisk at the moment, I'm sticking with A10 untill Magisk 19.3 will work on this rom (need to pass safety net)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

1566531179-9526.jpg

DarkJoker360 AOSP 11 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

*** Stable Version ***

About
    Android is an open source software stack for mobile devices and a corresponding open source project led by Google. This site and the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) repository offer the information and source code needed to create custom variants of the Android stack, port devices and accessories to the Android platform, and ensure devices meet the compatibility requirements that keep the Android ecosystem a healthy and stable environment for millions of users.

Working
    * Touchscreen
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluethoot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Mtp / Adb
    * Sensors
    * Wifi
    * RIL
    * Camera
    * NFC
    * FP gestures​

Not Working

NOTE: The signal icon is buggy due to Huawei weird ril implementation, I am still looking to fix it over the new Android 10-11 telephony changes.

Installation
    * you must have TWRP installed, use this one (make sure to have the unofficial Android 11 one ! )
    WARNING: You must be decrypted before installing it otherwise it won't boot. (Read second post.)
    * go to TWRP
    * format data
    * reboot to TWRP again
    * do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract AOSP 11
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

Update
    * reboot to TWRP and do a wipe cache, dalvik/art cache
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract AOSP 11
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

If you are getting Error 70 while flashing gapps just resize system from TWRP !
    If gapps are giving network errors or other kind of errors install them after first boot !

Download

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !
    NOTES
    * For root method read this post, for rooting with magisk read this instead.
    * If you face corrupted storage issues you need to go back on emui and re-install the rom.
    * I recommend NikGapps core with SetupWizard add-on.
    * Use 8.0.0.360 or maximum .400 firmware for booting the rom.
    * Gapps can may give "Uncertified device" error and abort the google account login, use this guide to fix it (thanks to @latviandude )
    * If you want VoLTE/Wifi Calling working flash this zip

** You must be decrypted for booting this rom **
    Before following the installation steps format data and flash this file via TWRP.
    New AOSP 11 update

* Synced with latest AOSP 11 source code based on r32
    * Merged March 2021 security patches
    * Fixed bootloop in some cases
    * Fixed ADB
    * Removed useless overlays
    * More build info fixes
    * Fixed AOSP ScreenRecorder
    * Performance improvements
    * Decreased system partition usage (now AOSP will just take 1,3gb)
    * Fixed a gnss service crashing since A10, resulting in costant wakelocks, logspams and gps failures
    * Added dark theme on Dialer and Messaging apps

NOTE: Clean flash is recommended

Check OP for more infos and download !

Donations
    Support Group
    Magisk-phh v22.0 is now working !

Only the linked version will work.

1- Install magisk apk
    2- Go to twrp & flash MAGISKA11-a-only
    3- Flash Magisk-v22-canary-phh
    4- Reboot and enjoy

Download

Thanks to @Hami_Do
    New AOSP 11 update

• Synced with latest AOSP 11 source code based on r34
    • Merged April 2021 security patches
    • Fixed animations lags and janks
    • Fixed wired headphones not being detected
    • Fixed gps
    • Fixed ril crashes for dual sim devices
    • Updated APN configs from LineageOS
    • Fixed ril crashes with some carriers
    • Fixed Netflix playback
    • Adjusted screen brightness
    • Fixed minimum brightness too high
    • Enabled Wifi Display
    • Improved Signal Strenght
    • Ignored RSSNR signal implementation, as our RIL is not using it
    • Completely disabled useless gnss_watchlssd_thirdparty service causing drains and logspams

Check OP for more infos and download !

Donations
    Support Group