[ROM][11] DarkJoker360 AOSP 11 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

Search This thread

hardcorehenry

Dec 2, 2020
I downgraded and did everything accordingly but no matter how many times I try this roms start and keeps hanging in boot.

I think it is to do with decrypt which seems very hard to follow how to do.

Do I assume correct that after flashing TWRP I format Data and run fstab.hi6250b.zip and reboot for running fastboot install system ... of do I need to do something else for decrypt?
If you are able to reproduce steps I described in this post, you shouldn't have any problems.

Reactions: B3rtm3n

AltairFR

Apr 22, 2021
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Honor 9
I downgraded and did everything accordingly but no matter how many times I try this roms start and keeps hanging in boot.

Do I assume correct that after flashing TWRP I format Data and run fstab.hi6250b.zip and reboot for running fastboot install system ... of do I need to do something else for decrypt?
The correct sequence is
run fstab.hi250b.zip , reboot and format data

LesterDMolester

Mar 13, 2021

Try this:
Flash the fstab.hi250b.zip while using this recovery.
Reboot to recovery again.
Wipe Cache, Cache/Dalvik, Data and Internal Storage.
Reboot to bootloader and flash the new recovery that DarkJoker360 made.
Go back to recovery and wipe those same partitions. (THIS TIME WIPE THE SYSTEM PARTITION TOO)
And flash the system.img via TWRP.

B3rtm3n

Jul 14, 2016
Try this:
Flash the fstab.hi250b.zip while using this recovery.
Reboot to recovery again.
Wipe Cache, Cache/Dalvik, Data and Internal Storage.
Reboot to bootloader and flash the new recovery that DarkJoker360 made.
Go back to recovery and wipe those same partitions. (THIS TIME WIPE THE SYSTEM PARTITION TOO)
And flash the system.img via TWRP.

Thanks, I could not flash the system.img via TWRP because it asked the following

select partition to flash image

and it gave plenty of options and I did not knew what to choose.
I flashed using fastboot and it is working ... THANKS A LOT, you really helped me out! I took me soooo many hours trying and this did the trick.

So the following steps I did to get it working (for anyone else who is a noob like me)

- Boot stock rom (download correct rom version for your device for downgrade from here PRA-LX1 8.0.0.360 til 8.0.0.400). Use dload to downgrade. Afterwards reboot system.
- enable developer options
- in developer options enable USB Debugging + OEM unlock
- boot to bootloader holding volume down + start button
- in fastboot ADB console type the following : fastboot oem unlock (+ the unlocking code)
- in fastboot console type fastboot reboot
- system restarts and does a factory reset
- boot into bootloader
- install this recovery by typing in ADB fastboot console fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img
(rename the file you downloaded to twrp.img)

-
while system is starting hold volume up + down at the same time + start button when
release buttons when boot menu from Huawei is starting warning the device is no longer safe
and hold again buttons volume up + down to enter TWRP menu
- flash this fstab.hi250b.zip
- reboot and go enter again TWRP menu
- Wipe Cache, Cache/Dalvik, Data and Internal Storage
- reboot (in TWRP MENU choose bootloader)
- in fastboot ADB console install this recovery using ADB fastboot by typing fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img (rename the file you downloaded to twrp.img)

- Go back into TWRP recovery and wipe Cache, Cache/Dalvik, Data, Internal Storage + system
- in fastboot console install the system - (run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>)
- Reboot into recovery TWRP menu and in wipe resize system partition
- install from TWRP menu NFC_fix.zip and the VoLTE-FIX
- install opengapps
reboot system

Thanks everyone, I just got a new working smartphone

Ps. this also works for the LineageOS 18.1

Last edited:

LesterDMolester

Mar 13, 2021
Thanks, I could not flash the system.img via TWRP because it asked the following

I flashed using fastboot and it is working ... THANKS A LOT, you really helped me out! I took me soooo many hours trying and this did the trick.

So the following steps I did to get it working (for anyone else who is a noob like me)

- Boot stock rom
- in fastboot ADB console type the following : fastboot oem unlock (+ the unlocking code)
- boot into bootloader
- install this recovery by typing in ADB fastboot console fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img

-
while system is starting hold volume up + down at the same time + start button when
release buttons when boot menu from Huawei is starting warning the device is no longer safe
- in fastboot ADB console install this recovery using ADB fastboot by typing fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img (rename the file you downloaded to twrp.img)

- Go back into TWRP recovery and wipe Cache, Cache/Dalvik, Data, Internal Storage + system
- in fastboot console install the system
- install from TWRP menu NFC_fix.zip and the fstab.hi6250b.zip
- install opengapps
reboot system

I'm glad it worked out for you ☺

damiendroid

May 16, 2021
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Huawei P8 Lite 2017 kernel released
Check OP for more info and downloads.
NOTE: It will probably works for other Android versions too !
Catuva21 magisk module is needed for having calls working on all vendor builds.
Hi,

AOSP11 installed without major problem and it's now working like a charm on my P8 Lite 2017 : impressive work, thank you DarkJoker360.

The only problem I have is I tried the new kernel and everything's fine except for calls : audio is working but the dialer isn't displayed as expected and explained by DarkJoker360.

I found the Catuva21 thread (https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-morfuz-5-6-eas-oreo-for-p20-lite-by-catuva21.3840969/) but all the MEGA dl links are dead.

I would be very grateful if someone could provide it or a working link.

speedson

Oct 10, 2016
my own little microcosmos
Restored Q signal strength behavior !

It's not perfect but now 2,3,4 bars are kinda working like Q.
Still better than nothing i believe.
Hi Joker i see that you have build number with 400 C432 without Error. Is that because of new Kernel? If i remember you had 378 C432 on older Screens and working build number.

if i have latest Stock 398 C432 on my p10 lite i never get it work without error. after downgrade to 378 C432 it works on custom rom without error. so how about that...can i upgrade to stock rom 398 again and get then custom rom then without error in build number.

How about the selinux status...is permissive possible with the new kernel? But i think i know the answer right now :)

great thanks for all the work you Hami and all the others doing..love it

solong
speedson 🤘 🙃 🤘

Reactions: LesterDMolester
Mar 10, 2021
Hi Joker i see that you have build number with 400 C432 without Error. Is that because of new Kernel? If i remember you had 378 C432 on older Screens and working build number.

if i have latest Stock 398 C432 on my p10 lite i never get it work without error. after downgrade to 378 C432 it works on custom rom without error. so how about that...can i upgrade to stock rom 398 again and get then custom rom then without error in build number.

How about the selinux status...is permissive possible with the new kernel? But i think i know the answer right now :)

solong
speedson 🤘 🙃 🤘
Hi can I ask why cant we set the selinux to permissive in this device

LesterDMolester

Mar 13, 2021

solong
speedson 🤘 🙃 🤘
Hey bro i'm running it on build WAS-LX1A 8.0.0.394 (C432), But i'm using this recovery and it lets me boot the system.

speedson

Oct 10, 2016
my own little microcosmos
Hi can I ask why cant we set the selinux to permissive in this device
Hi...

the stock Kernel does not have funtionallity to set the Selinux State to permissive. Cause of this its not able to get dolby atmos or Viper4Android working. So you need a custom Kernel for that. I found after searching a while the Elemental-KernelV5.8-EMUI8.0.zip and the Version 21 indeed have Selinux permissive but after flashing this Kernel. My WAS-LX1A wasnt possible to connect with Wlan any more. But i did notice that the Developer from this Elemental-KernelV5.8-EMUI8.0.zip is back in Buissnes here on XDA. So we will see if something will coming in the future :)

solong
speedson
🤘 🙃 🤘

Hey bro i'm running it on build WAS-LX1A 8.0.0.394 (C432), But i'm using this recovery and it lets me boot the system.
Hi...

the Problem if i startet from Stock 8.0.0C432B398 is the Build-Number Error. It doesnt work with B398 Firmware and it doesnt matter wich TWRP i used for flashing. The A11 v2.5 AIO fix doesnt help and all other patches also doesnt help ti fix it.
So one Day take a look at the Screenshot from Darkjoker360 and there was the B378 C432 Firmware in Build Number without Error.
Cause of this i downgrade to the same for my Device and after that the Error was never seen in my Build Number...wayne wich Firmware i did test.
Now i see on newer Screen that he have now B400 C432 on his Device. Cause of this i asking him. I know he have p8 lite 2017 and p10 lite but Lineagos 18.1 and AOSP firmware running on on my Device to. Now there is a new Kernel for p8 lite 2017 and same time he have now B400 C432. Is it cause of the new Kernel and did the Kernel running on p10 lite? Thats the big Question that i asking for :)

BTW i didnt use TWRP 3.4.0.0 cause i often have Problem that i doing the flash step by step like i should and get bootloop. Then i have notice that i didnt get bootloop when i use fastboot and the rest of the step by step and i wonder....it works pretty well. So i change my TWRP to twrp_p10_lite_0.5_test.img. Since that i never have Problems like bootloop.

solong
speedson🤘🙃🤘

Reactions: Everywhere I go

curious13

May 14, 2021
hello, first of all, I would like to say that the rom is very nice and fluent, but the camera gives an error to insert sd card and no files can be downloaded from the internet

AltairFR

Apr 22, 2021
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Honor 9
hello, first of all, I would like to say that the rom is very nice and fluent, but the camera gives an error to insert sd card and no files can be downloaded from the internet
Hi.

I have already signal this bug and post the workaround , in a Lineage 18 post, see :

So after format data you must set the right permission and owner on /data/media/0 subfolder or (/data/media)

Just open a terminal in TWRP and type

cd /data/media
chown media_rw:media_rw 0
chmod 770 0

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021
Hi.

I have already signal this bug and post the workaround , in a Lineage 18 post, see :

So after format data you must set the right permission and owner on /data/media/0 subfolder or (/data/media)

cd /data/media
chmod 770 0
Hi.

cd /data/media
chmod 770 0
I dont know why this bug show up in this rom, I installed this before and nver encountered this. Anyways thanks for your help now the storage on my phone is fix have a nice day!

kkgodygah

Feb 12, 2019

- Boot stock rom (download correct rom version for your device for downgrade from here PRA-LX1 8.0.0.360 til 8.0.0.400). Use dload to downgrade. Afterwards reboot system.
- boot into bootloader

-

- in fastboot console install the system
- install from TWRP menu NFC_fix.zip and the VoLTE-FIX
- install opengapps
reboot system

goodjob,thanks a lot

damiendroid

May 16, 2021
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Last edited:

aryan k

Feb 10, 2017
Hey, any way this rom can be used on Honor 6x BLN-L22? I've seen some posts that claim P8 lite android pie was usable on Honor 6x don't know about this one. Thanks in advance.

Hey, any way this rom can be used on Honor 6x BLN-L22? I've seen some posts that claim P8 lite android pie was usable on Honor 6x don't know about this one. Thanks in advance.
Try it and see ;) Honor/Huawei phones are very difficult to brick. I've got the same phone in a drawer so I'd be interested to know how you get on.

aryan k

Feb 10, 2017
Try it and see ;) Honor/Huawei phones are very difficult to brick. I've got the same phone in a drawer so I'd be interested to know how you get on.
I've experimented a lot in past and even ported ROMs so I'm all in, the problem is that it's my sis secondary phone and she well loves it as it was her first phone and now she wants to get newer android for some reasons, but will only give green flag if it's completely stable lol, trying my best though xD, Will report back if I am successful :)

Reactions: brackenhill_mob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

1566531179-9526.jpg

DarkJoker360 AOSP 11 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

*** Stable Version ***

About
    Android is an open source software stack for mobile devices and a corresponding open source project led by Google. This site and the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) repository offer the information and source code needed to create custom variants of the Android stack, port devices and accessories to the Android platform, and ensure devices meet the compatibility requirements that keep the Android ecosystem a healthy and stable environment for millions of users.

Working
    * Touchscreen
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluethoot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Mtp / Adb
    * Sensors
    * Wifi
    * RIL
    * Camera
    * NFC
    * FP gestures​

Not Working

NOTE: The signal icon is buggy due to Huawei weird ril implementation, I am still looking to fix it over the new Android 10-11 telephony changes.

Installation
    * you must have TWRP installed, use this one (make sure to have the unofficial Android 11 one ! )
    WARNING: You must be decrypted before installing it otherwise it won't boot. (Read second post.)
    * go to TWRP
    * format data
    * reboot to TWRP again
    * do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract AOSP 11
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

Update
    * reboot to TWRP and do a wipe cache, dalvik/art cache
    * reboot to bootloader
    * extract AOSP 11
    * run: fastboot flash system <drag system.img here>
    * reboot to TWRP
    * resize system
    * flash gapps (optional)
    * flash NFC.zip
    NOTE: this zip is needed for having working NFC. DO NOT IGNORE IT !
    * reboot to System
    * Enjoy !!!​

If you are getting Error 70 while flashing gapps just resize system from TWRP !
    If gapps are giving network errors or other kind of errors install them after first boot !

Download

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !
    NOTES
    * For root method read this post, for rooting with magisk read this instead.
    * If you face corrupted storage issues you need to go back on emui and re-install the rom.
    * I recommend NikGapps core with SetupWizard add-on.
    * Use 8.0.0.360 or maximum .400 firmware for booting the rom.
    * Gapps can may give "Uncertified device" error and abort the google account login, use this guide to fix it (thanks to @latviandude )
    * If you want VoLTE/Wifi Calling working flash this zip

** You must be decrypted for booting this rom **
    Before following the installation steps format data and flash this file via TWRP.
    New AOSP 11 update

* Synced with latest AOSP 11 source code based on r32
    * Merged March 2021 security patches
    * Fixed bootloop in some cases
    * Fixed ADB
    * Removed useless overlays
    * More build info fixes
    * Fixed AOSP ScreenRecorder
    * Performance improvements
    * Decreased system partition usage (now AOSP will just take 1,3gb)
    * Fixed a gnss service crashing since A10, resulting in costant wakelocks, logspams and gps failures
    * Added dark theme on Dialer and Messaging apps

NOTE: Clean flash is recommended

Check OP for more infos and download !

Donations
    Support Group
    Magisk-phh v22.0 is now working !

Only the linked version will work.

1- Install magisk apk
    2- Go to twrp & flash MAGISKA11-a-only
    3- Flash Magisk-v22-canary-phh
    4- Reboot and enjoy

Download

Thanks to @Hami_Do
    New AOSP 11 update

• Synced with latest AOSP 11 source code based on r34
    • Merged April 2021 security patches
    • Fixed animations lags and janks
    • Fixed wired headphones not being detected
    • Fixed gps
    • Fixed ril crashes for dual sim devices
    • Updated APN configs from LineageOS
    • Fixed ril crashes with some carriers
    • Fixed Netflix playback
    • Adjusted screen brightness
    • Fixed minimum brightness too high
    • Enabled Wifi Display
    • Improved Signal Strenght
    • Ignored RSSNR signal implementation, as our RIL is not using it
    • Completely disabled useless gnss_watchlssd_thirdparty service causing drains and logspams

Check OP for more infos and download !

Donations
    Support Group