• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][Davinci] Fork-Lineage OS 18.1 [FLOS]

Search This thread

markkey

Jun 18, 2021
somewhere
No, I have now another ROM than yours installed. Before I flashed this other ROM I made an TWRP backup of your ROM (and I selected most partiions to be backed up).

If I now want to go back to your ROM, can I then restore the TWRP backup I made? And if so, which partitions should I select to be restored?
Do I before restoring the TWRP backup have to do something like 'reset to factory setttings, format data, reset to factory settings'?
Not that sure since I'm using OrangeFox, but if you created a backup, you can just restore it thru TWRP, it'll automatically detect which partitions were available for restore.
Most of the time, if you restore (especially if your device is encrypted) you have to format the data, which in case, is much better to do a clean flash instead.

Thank you, trying to re-build the rom. Will test and push an update probably after the July patch is released and merged on ForkLOS Source.

Also note that upcoming versions will no longer include vanilla as my VPS server trial period is expiring XD
I'll be building on my physical PC now and I'll be including most G-apps (replacing the launcher3 with Nexus Launcher and other stuffs)

Reactions: bobbbel

bobbbel

Dec 5, 2008
Moto G5
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Not that sure since I'm using OrangeFox, but if you created a backup, you can just restore it thru TWRP, it'll automatically detect which partitions were available for restore.
Most of the time, if you restore (especially if your device is encrypted) you have to format the data, which in case, is much better to do a clean flash instead.

Thank you, trying to re-build the rom. Will test and push an update probably after the July patch is released and merged on ForkLOS Source.

Also note that upcoming versions will no longer include vanilla as my VPS server trial period is expiring XD
I'll be building on my physical PC now and I'll be including most G-apps (replacing the launcher3 with Nexus Launcher and other stuffs)

Do you want to set up some means, so your build lovers may give a litte to fund your build infra?

markkey

Jun 18, 2021
somewhere
Flashed 20210708. Seems to work smooth. However, my FOD issue (only working once i've done somthing else) still is there.
Hey, am trying to see if I can reproduce the issue however I am failing.
Please see here. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?
Can you send me dmesg, or try a clean flash? So far, it's only you who reported this issue. Please feel free to reach out on TG as well, @markkey014

Cheers!

markkey

Jun 18, 2021
somewhere
Can you try a clean flash by following this?
Please note that this will delete all your data and PC is required to perform this task.

1. On your PC, download the latest build from here as well as this firmware.
2. Boot your phone into recovery mode (I'm using the latest OrangeFox recovery from here).
3. Go to Wipe and select these buttons and Swipe to Wipe
  • Dalvik/ ART Cache
  • Cache
  • System
  • Vendor
  • Data
4. Please also Format Data just to make sure everything is cleared.
5. Reboot your phone to recovery again.
6. Copy the downloaded build and firmware on to your phone. (To hasten the process you can just also adb sideload the firmware and then ROM so you can skip this Step 6 and 7)
7. Install the firmware and then the ROM.
8. Once installed, reboot to system.
9. Skip setup (setup offline) so it'll be much faster to test.
10. Set screen lock and fingerprint unlock.
11. Test and report.

Hope this helps, don't hesitate to message me here or in Telegram if the issue still persists.

bobbbel

Dec 5, 2008
Moto G5
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Can you try a clean flash by following this?
Please note that this will delete all your data and PC is required to perform this task.

1. On your PC, download the latest build from here as well as this firmware.
2. Boot your phone into recovery mode (I'm using the latest OrangeFox recovery from here).
3. Go to Wipe and select these buttons and Swipe to Wipe
  • Dalvik/ ART Cache
  • Cache
  • System
  • Vendor
  • Data
4. Please also Format Data just to make sure everything is cleared.
5. Reboot your phone to recovery again.
6. Copy the downloaded build and firmware on to your phone. (To hasten the process you can just also adb sideload the firmware and then ROM so you can skip this Step 6 and 7)
7. Install the firmware and then the ROM.
8. Once installed, reboot to system.
9. Skip setup (setup offline) so it'll be much faster to test.
10. Set screen lock and fingerprint unlock.
11. Test and report.

Hope this helps, don't hesitate to message me here or in Telegram if the issue still persists.
Thanks @markkey

The ROM and my flashing was OK all along. What broke FOD was my nifty live wallpaper. Switched to a static image on lockscreen and things are fine.

Reactions: markkey

bobbbel

Dec 5, 2008
Moto G5
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
thank you for letting me know. i also noticed that its hard to unlock the device using FOD if night light is turned on. Ill try my best to fix this on the next update.
Wouldn't confirm that night light has any negative impact on FOD.
However, there are some apps that seem to fail to properly initialize FOD. Reader ist showing, yet won't read a fingerprint.

bobbbel

Dec 5, 2008
Moto G5
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T

heinhuiz

Nov 26, 2011
I'm really happy to see LOS 18.1 coming available for davinci! Thank you @markkey! I'm following this thread to see any updates on getting official, can't wait until it gets available with OTA at the LineageOS website 🤩

markkey

Jun 18, 2021
somewhere
"My BMW" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.bmw.connected.mobile20.row&hl=en&gl=US)

Noticed one more thing in 20210712 build. Location aware apps like Google Maps will prompt to turn on location service unless Google Location Accuracy (former: High Accuracy location) is turned on.
Flashed 20210713. Maaaan, i love screen off FOD.

Quick question though: what impact does it have on battery?
My bad, I have released screen off FOD without reading your response. Will look into this.
Regarding battery, I don't think there is. I'm always using it. My SOT was just 4 hours and a half (mild gaming, browsing etc), but I don't care that much since the phone was in idle state with Wi-Fi and dual sim for 2 days (actually more than 48 hours) and still got 12% left.

Happy birthday!

Thank you for your contribution. I'm downloading the ROM, will clean flash and test it for a few days.
Thanks a lot. Enjoy the ROM.

I'm really happy to see LOS 18.1 coming available for davinci! Thank you @markkey! I'm following this thread to see any updates on getting official, can't wait until it gets available with OTA at the LineageOS website 🤩
Im afraid this won't be getting official on LOS website. It's not Lineage xD.
BTW, if you are using GAPPS, OTA should work via Settings>System>Updater starting July 12 build.
If you want real LOS 18.1, without the additional features, there's an available build. Head over to the TG support group. This pure LOS is more stable (supports OTA weekly) as the dev is Arian (he's a pro, and he's the one helping me with the device tree for this build).

heinhuiz

Nov 26, 2011
Im afraid this won't be getting official on LOS website. It's not Lineage xD.
BTW, if you are using GAPPS, OTA should work via Settings>System>Updater starting July 12 build.
If you want real LOS 18.1, without the additional features, there's an available build. Head over to the TG support group. This pure LOS is more stable (supports OTA weekly) as the dev is Arian (he's a pro, and he's the one helping me with the device tree for this build).
Thank you for your reply, although it is a bit disappointing. Normally I use LineageOS for microG, which requires LOS to be available on the official site. In fact many people do, that's why I encourage all devs to go properly official with their ROM.

markkey

Jun 18, 2021
somewhere
Thank you for your reply, although it is a bit disappointing. Normally I use LineageOS for microG, which requires LOS to be available on the official site. In fact many people do, that's why I encourage all devs to go properly official with their ROM.
As much as I want to, official build just doesn't exist on Fork-Lineage. But this will change once the ROM name has been changed on the next Security Patch update.

Nice ROM! Is the instant animation speed a known bug or did I just flash wrong? When I drag down the notification pane (on Lawnchair and Ruthless), open the app drawer (using Ruthless Launcher), or open the -1 page / Google news page (on Lawnchair and Ruthless), the animations are instant and aren't smooth. Not a big deal, just a minor nuisance.

EDIT: Also happens when opening app switcher and flicking to remove apps from the home screen
EDIT2: Reflashed and the issues seem to be fixed. Will report back if I ever find out what caused it.
EDIT3: It seems that adding a fingerprint + pattern (in my case. Could just be fingerprint in general) seems to trigger the animation speed bug.

Last edited:

markkey

Jun 18, 2021
somewhere
Nice ROM! Is the instant animation speed a known bug or did I just flash wrong? When I drag down the notification pane (on Lawnchair and Ruthless), open the app drawer (using Ruthless Launcher), or open the -1 page / Google news page (on Lawnchair and Ruthless), the animations are instant and aren't smooth. Not a big deal, just a minor nuisance.

EDIT: Also happens when opening app switcher and flicking to remove apps from the home screen
EDIT2: Reflashed and the issues seem to be fixed. Will report back if I ever find out what caused it.
EDIT3: It seems that adding a fingerprint + pattern (in my case. Could just be fingerprint in general) seems to trigger the animation speed bug.
Not so sure about the issue. Haven't noticed that. Can you try adjusting the animation speed through developer settings?

Would be nice if you can also send logs of the issue. ;)

mbms004

May 20, 2018
Hello. First of all let me say that this is a very nice ROM with good features. I really like your work!
I installed it a couple of days ago but noticed a significant battery performance drop over Arian's LOS 18.1 ROM.
Problem is, I tried to install the previous ROM back but it refused to boot afterwards (it installed fine but when I was turning on the device, it was directing me back to recovery, unable to go in the system). I even tried to restore a full TWRP backup I had made before installing the fork, but no luck.
Do you perhaps know why that is and/or what I can do to install Arian's ROM back?
Thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it!
    * YOU are the one choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device
    * I will laugh at you.
    */

Fork-Lineage.jpg

Unofficial fork of LineageOS with additional features such as faceunlock, extended screenshot etc. maintained by the HyperTeam

Features over LineageOS:
    • Face Unlock
    • Asus Stitch Image(Long SS)
    • Dynamic VoLTE / VoWifi Icons
    • Sound Tile
    • Power off/Reboot/Recovery Tile
    • Screenshot Tile
    • Data Switch Tile
    • Improved Haptic Feedback
    • Swipe for Screenshot
    • Dash Charging / VOOC Charging support
    • Signature Spoofing Support
    • MicroG Support
    • PA App lock
    • Safety net working without Magisk
    • Screen Recorder improvements
    • Animation on connecting charger
    • Added battery health and temp info
    • More fonts (One plus slate, Samsung one etc)
    • More clock styles (Lock screen)
    • Adaptive playback
    • Pulse and edge notifications
    • Option to Reset Battery stats
    • Trebuchet Improvements (All clear+share button in recents, Improved UI)
    • Added style switches
    • Modify QS rows columns
    • QS title hide option
    • media art hide when song isn't playing
    • immersive navigation
    • option to enable media art blur on lock screen
    • dead zone in gesture settings
    • Smart charging
    • OOS style all clear button
    • Add/edit/remove QS tile with one click
    • Screen-off FOD
    Bugs:
    You tell me XD
    log cat is preferred
    let me know how to reproduce the issue
    How you flashed the ROM (Clean or Dirty)
    Provide a screenshot of your Settings>About Phone>Android Version page

Installation instructions
    Clean flash (recommended)

• Download the ROM
    • Make sure you're on A11 Firmware (you can use this)
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format Data (Format is different from wipe)
    • Reboot your phone to recovery again (skipping this step will not let you copy files to your phone)
    • Move the downloaded build to your phone
    • Flash the ROM
    • (optional if using vanilla) flash NikGapps CORE!
    • Reboot and Enjoy!
    Dirty flash
    • Download the ROM
    • Move the downloaded build to your phone
    • Flash the ROM
    • Reboot and Enjoy!
    Download
    Change logs
    See here.

Do you want to get updated on new releases, report bug or thank the dev? Connect with us on Telegram.

Credits:
    @NeoArian -
    DT, help and patience :)
    HyperTeam - for the source
    Google - for android XD
    ROM Source: https://github.com/ForkLineageOS/android
    Kernel Source:
    https://github.com/ArianK16a/android_kernel_xiaomi_sm6150
    https://github.com/Sleppyiecat/kernel_xiaomi_sm6150
    Hey, FOD on lockscreen make the screen flicker once and FOD animations aren't working.
    Anti Flicker (DC Dimming) doesn't seem to work too.
    Safetynet doesn't pass, I checked with Magisk without root.
    Otherwise, good job on implementing Face Unlock, Asus stitch and App Lock
    Thanks for the feedback, currently building an update to resolve these issues. Will update the links when I'm done testing the build.
    Thanks for this. Does it have ota updates? Any plans to become official eventually?
    OTA isn't supported yet. And Yes, I'm planning to get Davinci official.
    log file attached again, because I didn't see it in this forum post
    Hi, thanks for responding. I'm not seeing any attachment. So if you could :)
    You can also message me on TG @markkey014

PS. I might have already found a way to enable Screen off FOD and build is ongoing. If this one is successful, I'll upload the build shortly.
    @markkey
    Hey!
    Thanks for this ROM!
    Any plan to make it "official"?

Cheers