[ROM][11][Davinci][OFFICIAL]Syberia Project

Search This thread

wahuka

Sep 15, 2011
Hello everyone.
I am with the Blissrom Android 10 and would like to install Siberia Android 11.syberia_davinci-v4.2-20201231-0312-OFFICIAL
Could you tell me where the installation instructions are? or tell me the steps to follow?

GGelmi

Sep 22, 2018
A10 to A11 better if you do a clean flash (flash last firmware, flash ROM + gapp and Format data->yes): make backup before flashing If you need

GGelmi

Reactions: wahuka

wahuka

Sep 15, 2011
A10 to A11 better if you do a clean flash (flash last firmware, flash ROM + gapp and Format data->yes): make backup before flashing If you need

GGelmi
Thank you GGelmi.

I figured clean installation had to be done.
The firmware should be the last version, which version of TWRP is recommended to do the installation?
Magisk which version works, install it after the rom or should I reboot the system first?

cireyay

Oct 27, 2011
Format data
Reboot Recovery
Format dalvik, cache,system,vendor
Flash fw+rom
Format data
Reboot System

Vendor? are you sure one needs to format vendor? and why format data before and after? iirc its needed only once, which is before
Could ROM owner put a quick guide coming from vanllla MIUI 12.0.5?
or its something like the above except no wipe vendor

wahuka

Sep 15, 2011
Where would they usually be, in the first post and that's indeed where they are. Little "Hang Over" probably LOL

I thought you'd say that.
I know that in the first post they always put the instructions, but I had doubts.
In the first post they don't talk about the gapps or the firmware that needs to be installed, that's why I asked.

VladSor

Sep 8, 2017
Thank you GGelmi.

I figured clean installation had to be done.
The firmware should be the last version, which version of TWRP is recommended to do the installation?
Magisk which version works, install it after the rom or should I reboot the system first?
Recomended firmware (second post)
magisk - last betta. reboot to the system, before installation

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
I thought you'd say that.
I know that in the first post they always put the instructions, but I had doubts.
In the first post they don't talk about the gapps or the firmware that needs to be installed, that's why I asked.

LOL, do you also know the rule "recommendation" to read the first 10 and the last 10 posts first?

No worries, I know that it happens to most of us that we miss something but the firmware is mentioned in the 2nd post which basically is as mandatory to read than the 1st for good reason.

Gapps are included which is mentioned in the 1st post and data formatting on major updates, especially ROM and API changes ( wiping is not enough ) is basically common practice since Android 9 and "quasi" mandatory since Android 10.

However, to avoid any misunderstanding, this is more or less meant to be general information for the many who obviously are not yet aware of a few basics, you somehow was the lucky guy who triggered a long overdue response, kinf of sorry for that.

Enjoy Further 🥂 🍀

wahuka

Sep 15, 2011
LOL, do you also know the rule "recommendation" to read the first 10 and the last 10 posts first?

No worries, I know that it happens to most of us that we miss something but the firmware is mentioned in the 2nd post which basically is as mandatory to read than the 1st for good reason.

Gapps are included which is mentioned in the 1st post and data formatting on major updates, especially ROM and API changes ( wiping is not enough ) is basically common practice since Android 9 and "quasi" mandatory since Android 10.

However, to avoid any misunderstanding, this is more or less meant to be general information for the many who obviously are not yet aware of a few basics, you somehow was the lucky guy who triggered a long overdue response, kinf of sorry for that.

Enjoy Further 🥂 🍀
Happy new year magnamentis.

I know the rules well enough since you can see when I'm in xda.
A mistake of mys was not to read the first 10 posts, the last 10 if I always read them.
The steps to install a custom rom I know them to spare, I just wanted to check on what was not said in the first post, which were the gapps and magisk.
I promise to read the first 10 posts for the next one.
Greetings mate and don't take this the wrong way.
;)

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
Happy new year magnamentis.

I know the rules well enough since you can see when I'm in xda.
A mistake of mys was not to read the first 10 posts, the last 10 if I always read them.
The steps to install a custom rom I know them to spare, I just wanted to check on what was not said in the first post, which were the gapps and magisk.
I promise to read the first 10 posts for the next one.
Greetings mate and don't take this the wrong way.
;)

Certainly there is nothing I could take wrong, if anyone I have to be careful to find the middle between factual posting and being a P.I.A. LOL

All good and thanks for understanding.

Piemo

Oct 31, 2010
In which folder is the zip being downloaded from the updater, in case I want to delete it? The "local updates" doesn't find anything even if the updater says it's ready for installation

VladSor

Sep 8, 2017
Update Syberia OS
January security patch r27
Fixed recent apps bug with gestures
The sound HAL has been tweaked again
Added color profiles
Added smart charging
Added battery statistics
Updated kernel
Many other additions and improvements

GGelmi

Sep 22, 2018
In which folder is the zip being downloaded from the updater, in case I want to delete it? The "local updates" doesn't find anything even if the updater says it's ready for installation

/data/syberiaos_updates If rooted: i prefer dl from SF and install by twrp

GGelmi

Reactions: Piemo

Wachicamo

May 9, 2013
So far, so good. The ROM is perfectly fine, and everything works. There's 2 things, one that is not rom related:
  1. I'd see that the phone charges pretty fast, but it drains the battery fast too while in use. Deep sleep is pretty good, but in less than 3 minutes, it goes 1% down while in use.
  2. I see that is not working like it should be, is my password manager (KeepassDX), with autofill option. Maybe is an application issue related, but I'm fine with it.

Since I've installed an "old" firmware (the one mentioned in the thread), installing the latest, will give any kind of issue? Just to keep things up to date.

Thank you, and keep it up the good work, mate!

Last edited:

GGelmi

Sep 22, 2018
Good morning, i'm using Syberia with great satisfaction but Outlook in last two builds doesn't Sync contacts: i grant contacts but i can't use my Outlook acc for sync (flag on app disn't work and Contacts app doesn't see my Outlook contacts).
Do you know how i can fix It w/o format data?

GGelmi

VladSor

Sep 8, 2017
Update Syberia OS
- February security update r31
- Mutlisim ringtone settings
- Face Unlock icon animation on lockscreen
- Added sensors block per-package option
- Fixed lock screen wallpaper not being set if different from the Home one
- Launcher:
* Icon Pack support!
* Bottom app-info sheet
* Two lines labels on home screen option
* Uninstall shortcut
- ART improvements
- Updated translations
- Merged LA.QSSI.11.0.r1-09900-qssi.0 CAF tag into some repos
- Other improvements and fixes under the hood

CepoSK

Mar 28, 2015
Hey guys, just installed the rom, came from other 11 rom, so i formated data, flashed mentioned 12.0.5.0 fw, flashed rom and booted to system. I didn't get the first time setup and the gapps aren't there so i can't install anything. Any hint on what im doing wrong here please?

EDIT: Nvm, found the answer :)

Last edited:

shad0wbane

Nov 3, 2010
Batam
Got some issue with account manager. Sometimes apps logged out randomly. It was happened with twitter, and now my github. Here's the log:
Code:
02-14 09:08:41.233 I/ActivityTaskManager(1556): START u0 {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.github.android/.activities.MainActivity bnds=[168,1269][337,1456]} from uid 10180
02-14 09:08:41.356 D/ArtManagerInternalImpl(1556): /data/misc/iorapd/com.github.android/348/com.github.android.activities.SplashActivity/compiled_traces/compiled_trace.pb doesn't exist
02-14 09:08:42.282 I/ActivityTaskManager(1556): START u0 {cmp=com.github.android/net.openid.appauth.AuthorizationManagementActivity (has extras)} from uid 10377
02-14 09:08:42.332 I/ActivityTaskManager(1556): START u0 {act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=https://github.com/... cmp=com.android.chrome/com.google.android.apps.chrome.IntentDispatcher (has extras)} from uid 10377
02-14 09:08:42.429 I/ActivityTaskManager(1556): START u0 {act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=https://github.com/... flg=0x800000 cmp=com.android.chrome/org.chromium.chrome.browser.customtabs.CustomTabActivity (has extras)} from uid 10201
02-14 09:08:43.084 I/ActivityTaskManager(1556): START u0 {act=android.intent.action.VIEW cat=[android.intent.category.BROWSABLE] dat=github://com.github.android/oauth?browser_session_id=SOME_SESSION&code=SOME_CODE&state=SOMESTATE flg=0x14000000 cmp=com.github.android/net.openid.appauth.RedirectUriReceiverActivity (has extras)} from uid 10201
02-14 09:08:43.162 I/ActivityTaskManager(1556): START u0 {dat=github://com.github.android/oauth?browser_session_id=SOME_SESSION&code=SOME_CODE&state=SOMESTATE flg=0x24000000 cmp=com.github.android/net.openid.appauth.AuthorizationManagementActivity} from uid 10377
02-14 09:08:43.188 W/ActivityTaskManager(1556): Duplicate finish request for r=ActivityRecord{fb34570 u0 com.github.android/net.openid.appauth.RedirectUriReceiverActivity t4434 f}}
02-14 09:08:43.208 I/ActivityTaskManager(1556): Displayed com.github.android/net.openid.appauth.AuthorizationManagementActivity: +85ms
02-14 09:08:44.086 E/SQLiteDatabase(1556): Error inserting _id=5 name=shadowbane type=com.github.android last_password_entry_time_millis_epoch=1613268524085
02-14 09:08:44.087 W/AccountManagerService(1556): insertAccountIntoDatabase: Account {name=xxxxxxxxxx, type=com.github.android}, skipping the DB insert failed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Battery life is really great. I am hitting with original 2 years battery that downgraded to 3200mAh in time.....and having like 3 days and SOT always over 6 hours......

before on CRdroid I was happy if it made 2 days and 4-4.5 hrs SOT for me....
    Update Syberia OS
    Changelog:
    ROM:
    - v4.7
    - Merged android_11.0.0_r38 June tag
    - Volume panel redesign from AOSPA
    - Art improvements
    - Built with Thin LTO
    - Translations updates

Device:
    - Stock blobs updated from 12.1.2 Global
    - Blobs updated from LA.UM.9.1.r1-09200-SMxxx0.0
    - New Power HALL
    - SBC Dual channel (SBC HD) support
    - Fixed DRM

Kernel:
    - Upstream to 4.14.235
    - Merged tag 'LA.UM.9.1.r1-10200-SMxxx0.0' from CAF

Note about SBC HD:
    It works only when HW A2DP offload is disabled.
    SBC codec and Dual channel could be set in developers settings.

Update Syberia OS
    ROM:
    - v4.6
    - QS tiles tint options
    - Added screenshot back to powermenu
    - New AOD tweaks
    - Translations update
    - Option for runtime blur toggle (if device supports HWC blur)
    - Pocket lock view improvements (looks like on OxygenOS)
    - Art improvements
    - Removed black QS statusbar background
    - Removed QS drag handle

Device:
    - Moved to Syberia Custom Doze
    - New QTI perf component
    - Updated kernel

Update Syberia OS
    ROM Changelog
    - More QS brightness position options
    - More lock screen clock styles