• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][DISCONTINUED][tucana] crDroid 7.x

Search This thread

ShadoBlake

Dec 18, 2016
Hello I've been using this rom for a while, I wanted to know if there's any way to increase the audio bitrate for videos since the video capturing has horrible audio quality and the mics in general are limited to an extremely low audio bitrate

Hello I've been using this rom for a while, I wanted to know if there's any way to increase the audio bitrate for videos since the video capturing has horrible audio quality and the mics in general are limited to an extremely low audio bitrate
Hi there, do you mind contacting me on Telegram for easier support? It can be found on the crDroid device page: https://crdroid.net/tucana. In the meantime, I'll look into it.

BACATCHER

Mar 10, 2016
HTC One (M9)
LG V20
I can't seem to find where you turn off the old button layout and change it for the new gestures from android 11? Does it not come with this ROM? Even if I disable the nav bar in crDroid settings, navigation gestures still wont show up. I'm so confused why this isn't here here?

I can't seem to find where you turn off the old button layout and change it for the new gestures from android 11? Does it not come with this ROM? Even if I disable the nav bar in crDroid settings, navigation gestures still wont show up. I'm so confused why this isn't here here?
Hey there, the options for navigational gestures can be found by going into crDroid settings in the settings app, then into stock navbar settings, then into System navigation. There should be options for navigation gestures. I did mention this in a earlier reply when someone asked this question previously.

fabiodifa

Apr 25, 2017
@EonOfBlack
First of all, thanks a lot for you ROM! I'd like to test it, but I'd like to know if it has an interesting feature (at least for me!) present in the MIUI. In the MIUI from xiaomi.eu, there is an option named "use mobile data on secondary sim during Volte calls": by enabling it, if I receive or make a call with sim 1 (while the predefined sim for data is the sim 2) mobile data is automatically switched on sim 1, so I never loose connection.
Thanks in advance!

@EonOfBlack
First of all, thanks a lot for you ROM! I'd like to test it, but I'd like to know if it has an interesting feature (at least for me!) present in the MIUI. In the MIUI from xiaomi.eu, there is an option named "use mobile data on secondary sim during Volte calls": by enabling it, if I receive or make a call with sim 1 (while the predefined sim for data is the sim 2) mobile data is automatically switched on sim 1, so I never loose connection.
Thanks in advance!
It might be there, but I have no way of checking, as I don't have dual SIMs. Sorry about that.

Reactions: fabiodifa

Wmateria

Oct 13, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
What mui version should i flash before the rom? I tried the 7/28 weekly one and the recent global version and both had my phone on bootloop. I did the usual steps, flashing mui, then formatting after typing yes, reboot, flash rom, recommended gapps; flashing with amd without Magisk.

What mui version should i flash before the rom? I tried the 7/28 weekly one and the recent global version and both had my phone on bootloop. I did the usual steps, flashing mui, then formatting after typing yes, reboot, flash rom, recommended gapps; flashing with amd without Magisk.
It should work on the latest version of MIUI, however, a few users are having issues with the latest build, mainly bootlooping. I have not encountered this myself, but I have been sent logcat from people who have encountered the issue. I have not been able to figure it out yet, so I advise everyone that is currently having issues with the latest build to please use the previous build.

Wmateria

Oct 13, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
It should work on the latest version of MIUI, however, a few users are having issues with the latest build, mainly bootlooping. I have not encountered this myself, but I have been sent logcat from people who have encountered the issue. I have not been able to figure it out yet, so I advise everyone that is currently having issues with the latest build to please use the previous build.
Ok, thank you. I have also updated to the latest twrp too.. but will try to use the last build, and see if i can update from there.

Last edited:

NameUsLegion

Dec 2, 2020
cant start rom. rebooting to recovery. I see once logo botting and black screen after instaling rom on PE plus . on xiaomi eu only rebooting in twrp

cant start rom. rebooting to recovery. I see once logo botting and black screen after instaling rom on PE plus . on xiaomi eu only rebooting in twrp
Please use a previous build. The current build has MIUI camera, which is causing issues for a lot of users, but I just don't have time currently to build a newer version without it.

Reactions: NameUsLegion

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device while also attempting to bringing many of the best features that exist today.

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Installation:

1. Make sure you have fw 21.4.1 or later installed
    2. On some devices a full miui V12.1.5.0 flash was required (fastboot version) before flashing the fw
    3. Download alibei's TWRP here
    (This TWRP supports to take a backup of persist. I am not responsible if you loose RIL, WIFI, etc...
    if you break persist)
    4. Flash my TWRP or your ROM does not work
    5. Wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System, Product and Vendor
    6. (Yes you have to wipe product. The old partition name was cust, but we use it now as product)
    7. Format data
    8. Reboot to recovery
    9. Download crDroid and copy it to your device
    10. Flash crDroid
    11. Download
    OpenGapps Test Nano - most stable gapps package for this ROM.

Update the ROM:

Download the newest crDroid version
    2. Copy it to your phone
    3. Flash crDroid in the recovery
    4. Wipe dalvik
    5. You don't have to flash Opengapps again
    6. Reboot

Download: ROM

Working:
    Fingerprint (FOD)
    Face Unlock
    WiFi
    Video playback
    Audio
    Sensors
    IR blaster
    NFC
    GPS
    RIL
    VoLTE
    Bluetooth
    Camera (all lenses)
    3rd party FOD

Bugs:
    Fast charging (at full speed, currently limited to a low wattage)

Sources:
    ROM Source
    Kernel Source
    Device Source
    Big thanks to @alibei and @Chemuski1 for making this possible.
    Update:
    Code:
    28/06/21
    - Updated to latest crDroid base and device trees.
    Code:
    5/06/21
    - Updated to latest version of kernel
    Update:
    Code:
    11/06/21
    - Fixed third party fingerprint unlock (3rd party FOD)
    - Re-enabled missing crDroid settings related to FOD, such as icons.