[ROM] [11] Evolution X 5.3 Unofficial [ysl]

Search This thread

Northn

Dec 28, 2020

EvoBanner.png

Evolution X 5.2 for the Xiaomi Redmi S2/Y2 [ysl]
Code:
/*[/SIZE][/CENTER]
[SIZE=4][CENTER]* Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably?
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X,
* thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following
* these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if
* you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.
*/

qE4kqsj.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.
Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -
@joeyhuab
@peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

RgqrlpK.png
What are our features?
- Just flash and check "The Evolver"

n6b8AXD.png

You tell me

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

u5tIlfT.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
1. Reboot to Recovery
2. Download the proper ZIP for your device
3. Wipe Data/Cache/System when coming from non-AOSP ROMs
4. Flash the ROM
5. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
1. Reboot to Recovery
3. Flash the ROM
4. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Light Screenshots / Dark Screenshots / Download
Official Chat / Device Support

LU9gsrQ.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Graphicssa

Graphicssa

Jan 7, 2021

EvoBanner.png

Evolution X 5.2 for the Xiaomi Redmi S2/Y2 [ysl]
Code:
/*
* Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably?
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X,
* thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following
* these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if
* you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.
*/

qE4kqsj.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.
Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -
@joeyhuab
@peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

RgqrlpK.png
What are our features?
- Just flash and check "The Evolver"

n6b8AXD.png

You tell me

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

u5tIlfT.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
1. Reboot to Recovery
3. Wipe Data/Cache/System when coming from non-AOSP ROMs
4. Flash the ROM
5. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
1. Reboot to Recovery
3. Flash the ROM
4. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Light Screenshots / Dark Screenshots / Download
Official Chat / Device Support

LU9gsrQ.png

I have been using this for 4 days. Really appreciate this. Great one. But I have been facing a issue. Don't know if it's for the rom or not. I have flashed magisk through twrp. Flashing was successful. But magisk manager app shows nothing but home tab. You can see the sa. Even I tried to check root access. Root checker says no root access is there. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210107-162622.png
    Screenshot_20210107-162622.png
    274.6 KB · Views: 206

Northn

Dec 28, 2020
I have been using this for 4 days. Really appreciate this. Great one. But I have been facing a issue. Don't know if it's for the rom or not. I have flashed magisk through twrp. Flashing was successful. But magisk manager app shows nothing but home tab. You can see the sa. Even I tried to check root access. Root checker says no root access is there. Can anyone help?
Flash magisk 21.1

Graphicssa

Jan 7, 2021
Happen to be enjoying very much. There aren't any noticable big to me. Battery backup is way too better. But charging seems to be taking too much time. I am using default charger of redmi s2. Still it takes 3.5 - 4 hours to charge fully! Is there any way to fix that?

NtTestAlert

Jan 14, 2021
First let me say I really like this ROM, it is smooth and pleasant :)
Bugs so far:
- Fingerprint is not working in most apps. Probably the classes work but the function to check for its presence is not working... (If I cant fix this with say a magisk mod etc this is a dealbreaker for me unfortunetly)
- When battery is very low the device sometimes starts bootlooping (reboots instantly after completing boot anim), happened 2 times so far no idea what causes it.

Last edited:

Northn

Dec 28, 2020
Happen to be enjoying very much. There aren't any noticable big to me. Battery backup is way too better. But charging seems to be taking too much time. I am using default charger of redmi s2. Still it takes 3.5 - 4 hours to charge fully! Is there any way to fix that?
Tested with stock charger several times, it was charging for 1 hour and 50 minutes, sometimes for 2 hours
Did you flash any custom kernel? Maybe some apps using resources too much?
- Fingerprint is not working in most apps. Probably the classes work but the function to check for its presence is not working... (If I cant fix this with say a magisk mod etc this is a dealbreaker for me unfortunetly)
It was tested too, at banking apps and a Yandex Browser it was working fine, I think your apps doesn't support unlockings by fp
- When battery is very low the device sometimes starts bootlooping (reboots instantly after completing boot anim), happened 2 times so far no idea what causes it.
Never happened, nobody ever reported

Northn

Dec 28, 2020
Evolution X version 5.3 rolled out!
Build time: 15.01.2021, 17:49 UTC
Size: 1.38 GB

Device-side Changelog:
• Introduce SafailNet
• Tweaks for better RAM management
• Add WifiOverlay
• Enable QPower & Deep sleep at the same time
• Update fingerprint to January 2021
• Fix rate_limit_us setting
• Enable QCOM IOP
• Update sec_config

Notes:
• No need to flash GApps, already included
• SafetyNet Passing without Magisk Hide
• No bugs, if you noticed mention me with proper logs
• Clean flash recommended if you come from previous Evolution X build, but not mandatory
• Difference between Official and Unofficial: Official includes EvoX Wallpapers app
• Flash by OrangeFox R11.0_0 Beta to get:
— Flashing time for 03:03
— First booting time for 01:15

Follow @YSLNews
Join
@RedmiY2Official

NtTestAlert

Jan 14, 2021
It was tested too, at banking apps and a Yandex Browser it was working fine, I think your apps doesn't support unlockings by fp

Revolut and Keepass2Android, both have fp unlock and both work on stock rom...
However, Authy fp unlock works. But hardware testing app that checks fp (found on playstore) says "device does not have fingerprint sensor"

Graphicssa

Jan 7, 2021
Messenger and facebook freezes often. Nothing works that time. Only I can do is press power button for a moment until the phone restarts

Northn

Dec 28, 2020
I am running previous version 5.2 unofficial. Can I flash 5.3 without any data lose?
Yes
Auto brightness not working in 5.2. Is it working in new build?
It's working both on 5.2 and 5.3
Messenger and facebook freezes often. Nothing works that time. Only I can do is press power button for a moment until the phone restarts
It's so rarely happening, working on it

Graphicssa

Jan 7, 2021
Yes

It's working both on 5.2 and 5.3

It's so rarely happening, working on it
Can you tell me how to flash without data lose?

When I set for auto brightness, it get fixed at one point in almost middle of the bar. Going in dark or light has no affect on brightness level. It is fixed at the point.

Thank you 😌 hope this freezing problem will be solved soon.

Ayub shaikh

May 19, 2017
No brother no charging issues may be its your charger or battery fault ot a bad battery stats so just try resetting your battery stats

atv

Sep 13, 2006
Hi, hope you are well, thank you for your work, clean flash from stock rom , full wipes
as for now: fast rom.
Model M1803E6H
1.-in facebook or instagram status random checking, phone freezes completely, so have to reboot manually
2.-and it takes more than 5 hours to charge, never full just to 9x%, could be because of waiting time , tried original samsung fast 2amp charger, motorola and original xiaomi charger, different cables, same out come, as well usb
3.-nice to have pixel apps but some are not used like digital wellbeing, uninstall not possible remains to update
4.-changed camera app, not easy to select video after camera selection disapears.
5.-google gallery, not able to select "sort by" order, so changed gallery app.
6.- my rookie mistake, but haven't found the option for twin apps or work profile
thank you
take care

Northn

Dec 28, 2020
Hi, hope you are well, thank you for your work, clean flash from stock rom , full wipes
as for now: fast rom.
Model M1803E6H
1.-in facebook or instagram status random checking, phone freezes completely, so have to reboot manually
2.-and it takes more than 5 hours to charge, never full just to 9x%, could be because of waiting time , tried original samsung fast 2amp charger, motorola and original xiaomi charger, different cables, same out come, as well usb
3.-nice to have pixel apps but some are not used like digital wellbeing, uninstall not possible remains to update
4.-changed camera app, not easy to select video after camera selection disapears.
5.-google gallery, not able to select "sort by" order, so changed gallery app.
6.- my rookie mistake, but haven't found the option for twin apps or work profile
thank you
take care
Welcome, but that's Redmi S2 (ysl) group, you need to go at M1803E6H group

MASHRAFI0007

Mar 3, 2021
faced these issues in evolution 5.3 ___
***In facebook or instagram checking and sometime in using youtube and messenger , phone freezes completely, so i have to reboot the device
*** "HEY GOOGLE activating by voice " is not available in this rom....google app shows that this feature isn't available for your device

Top Liked Posts