• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][flox][OFFICIAL] crDroid 7.12 Google Nexus 7 2013 repartitioned

Search This thread

bestiatester

Mar 29, 2013
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/10.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
Flox is how LineageOS has chosen to name the repartitioned version of flo, which means that if you haven't repartitioned your Nexus 7 2013 you must repartition it before even trying to flash this. Please read LineageOS instructions here before trying anything.

Pre-installation:

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_google_msm
Device: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_asus_flox

Download:

ROM

Known issues:
Battery is shown as charging at 0 mA.
When scanning the face unlock the camera shows left side of video Ok but right side darkened, cameras seem to work ok on other apps.

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid Community Telegram
Donate to help our team pay server costs

Last edited:

Mr.Conkel

Oct 10, 2020
London
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 5T
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:

Flashing Instructions:
Flox is how LineageOS has chosen to name the repartitioned version of flo, which means that if you haven't repartitioned your Nexus 7 2013 you must repartition it before even trying to flash this. Please read LineageOS instructions here before trying anything.

Pre-installation:

Sources:

Download:

ROM

Known issues:
When scanning the face unlock the camera shows left side of video Ok but right side darkened, cameras seem to work ok on other apps.

crDroid <device> Telegram
OH MY GAWD I'M IN LOVE😍 everything working great here. This rom is surprisingly smooth with MicroG installed. Long live the Nexus 7!

Last edited:

Mr.Conkel

Oct 10, 2020
London
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 5T
Can you share the steps you used to get microG to work? I am having a hard time getting them to work on LOS 18.1 and This ROM as well!
Well the steps can be different on Los 18.1 because Signature spoofing is not built in to Los but it is on Crdroid which makes it was less of a pain because you don't need Xposed for things to work correctly.

So starting with Crdroid go about your normal setup and install Magisk per normal. Afterwards you're going to need to select a package from this link normally minimalAP or the Standard package should be just fine. These packages have everything you need to get MicroG working with the Google Play store the only difference between minimal is Aurora Services and the location backends which a tablet doesn't necessarily need but it depends on what you use it for.

After flashing this through recovery follow these steps..

Initial Setup:
- Complete the setup wizard actions as you prefer
- Open the app drawer and long-press on Play Store to choose the App Info button
- Go to Permissions, then Additional permissions and change Spoof package signature to Allow, go back to home screen afterward
- Run the microG Settings app — The rest of these instructions are taken almost directly from https://gitlab.com/Nanolx/NanoDroid/-/blob/master/doc/microGsetup.md
- Choose Self-Check at the top of the list, and start tapping on the second item, System grants signature spoofing permission which should prompt a permission request
- Everything should now be checked on the Self-Check screen, go back to main microG Settings screen
- Choose Google device registration and enable the Register device switch, then go back
- Choose Cloud Messaging and enable the Receive push notifications switch, then go back
- SafetyNet doesn't actually work or pass right now, but you can try enabling it in the same manner as above
- Choose Location modules and enable at least one "Network-based Geolocation module" and one "Address lookup module". I usually only turn on Deja Vu Location Service from the top list; it seems to work well enough for driving directions here, and of course choose Nominatim from the lower list because it's the only one there
- This is important: Reboot now before you add a Google account or do anything else to the Play Store app
- After rebooting, go back into microG Settings app and make sure that all of the Self-Check items are still checked, and then make sure that Google Device Registration, Cloud Messaging, and SafetyNet are still enabled — if they were not, enable them.
- Now get app info for Play Store, clear cache (yes, again), then launch the app
- Add your Google account, and verify that it will show your app library — Purchased apps won't show as paid-for yet, this will take approximately 24 hours until Google decides it likes your new Android ID
- Open Settings app, then Accounts then choose your Google account, then chose Personal info & privacy, and make sure Allow apps to find accounts is enabled
- That should be everything!
Then after a few hours (a day or so) you should have complete access to you paid apps and you're good to go. Let me know if you need anything else!

Reactions: GeekyTanuj

GeekyTanuj

Oct 21, 2015
Well the steps can be different on Los 18.1 because Signature spoofing is not built in to Los but it is on Crdroid which makes it was less of a pain because you don't need Xposed for things to work correctly.

So starting with Crdroid go about your normal setup and install Magisk per normal. Afterwards you're going to need to select a package from this link normally minimalAP or the Standard package should be just fine. These packages have everything you need to get MicroG working with the Google Play store the only difference between minimal is Aurora Services and the location backends which a tablet doesn't necessarily need but it depends on what you use it for.

Initial Setup:
- Open the app drawer and long-press on Play Store to choose the App Info button
- Go to Permissions, then Additional permissions and change Spoof package signature to Allow, go back to home screen afterward
- Run the microG Settings app — The rest of these instructions are taken almost directly from https://gitlab.com/Nanolx/NanoDroid/-/blob/master/doc/microGsetup.md
- Choose Self-Check at the top of the list, and start tapping on the second item, System grants signature spoofing permission which should prompt a permission request
- Everything should now be checked on the Self-Check screen, go back to main microG Settings screen
- Choose Google device registration and enable the Register device switch, then go back
- Choose Cloud Messaging and enable the Receive push notifications switch, then go back
- SafetyNet doesn't actually work or pass right now, but you can try enabling it in the same manner as above
- Choose Location modules and enable at least one "Network-based Geolocation module" and one "Address lookup module". I usually only turn on Deja Vu Location Service from the top list; it seems to work well enough for driving directions here, and of course choose Nominatim from the lower list because it's the only one there
- This is important: Reboot now before you add a Google account or do anything else to the Play Store app
- After rebooting, go back into microG Settings app and make sure that all of the Self-Check items are still checked, and then make sure that Google Device Registration, Cloud Messaging, and SafetyNet are still enabled — if they were not, enable them.
- Now get app info for Play Store, clear cache (yes, again), then launch the app
- Add your Google account, and verify that it will show your app library — Purchased apps won't show as paid-for yet, this will take approximately 24 hours until Google decides it likes your new Android ID
- Open Settings app, then Accounts then choose your Google account, then chose Personal info & privacy, and make sure Allow apps to find accounts is enabled
Then after a few hours (a day or so) you should have complete access to you paid apps and you're good to go. Let me know if you need anything else!
Thanks for this guide! Really helped me get things going smoothly! Love this ROM.

Reactions: Mr.Conkel

jojo33680

Oct 17, 2013
Hi,
I need dt2w but i can't activate it, does thé kernel support it?
Can you Hello me please?
Thanks you

Udonitron

Apr 15, 2010
Victoria
I am running an old 7.0 Resurrection ROM on my N7.
TWRP is installed & bootloader unlocked so I suspect I would just need to repartition & install?

No clue why ADBgives me these errors in powershell.

fastboot : The term 'fastboot' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.
Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ fastboot
+ ~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (fastboot:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

jamescable

Feb 3, 2011
Louisville
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 7 Pro
For those who have partition with a different method like me that is NOT flox so they can flash other ROMs, replace this in the ROM zip. All I did was remove assert get prop that checks to make sure your tablet is the right one for the ROM. It won't flash if you're not using flox repartition so I changed it to allow it to flash. I have 1.6gb of system space and am able to flash this ROM, opengapps pico, magisk and custom kernel with no issues running a non flox repartition.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    Can you Hello me please?
    Thanks you
    you need to use the Exkernel to enable dt2w. Here's the latest one: Link.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    You have been warned

Features:

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

Sources:
    Kernel: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_google_msm
    Device: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_asus_flox

Download:

ROM

Known issues:

Hi,
    Can you Hello me please?
    Thanks you
    you need to use the Exkernel to enable dt2w. Here's the latest one: Link.
    OH MY GAWD I'M IN LOVE😍 everything working great here. This rom is surprisingly smooth with MicroG installed. Long live the Nexus 7!
    Can you share the steps you used to get microG to work? I am having a hard time getting them to work on LOS 18.1 and This ROM as well!

Initial Setup:

Initial Setup:
    Thanks for this guide! Really helped me get things going smoothly! Love this ROM.