[ROM][11][gauguin][OFFICIAL][EOL] Pixel Experience | Mi 10T Lite / Mi 10i / Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G

Search This thread

AnibalSP

I am planning to update to this rom as soon as my wait period ends. however, i have some questions.

1. Is ram management better on this rom compared to MIUI 12?
  2. How good is the support for 120FPS? Is it always at 120 or it's dynamic like MIUI? (MIUI shutters all the time)
  3. How is the speaker quality compared to stock?
  4. Is the screen as bright as on stock? Because MIUI has sunlight mode that changes the contrast of the display when in direct sunlight.
  5. Is it is traceable(that I had PE) if I reflash stock and lock the bootloader? Samsung has Knox that triggers a flag permanently.
Thank you in advance.
1. no idea
2. waaaay better, it feels like another phone
3. same
4. i think so

deanlee121

Sep 3, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
I am planning to update to this rom as soon as my wait period ends. however, i have some questions.

1. Is ram management better on this rom compared to MIUI 12?
  2. How good is the support for 120FPS? Is it always at 120 or it's dynamic like MIUI? (MIUI shutters all the time)
  3. How is the speaker quality compared to stock?
  4. Is the screen as bright as on stock? Because MIUI has sunlight mode that changes the contrast of the display when in direct sunlight.
  5. Is it is traceable(that I had PE) if I reflash stock and lock the bootloader? Samsung has Knox that triggers a flag permanently.
Thank you in advance.
Ok where to start

FPS you can have 60/90/120 you can set in developer options to show your FPS and if you keep it on 120 it shows 120 constantly not just what supports 120

Now about rum management these custom ROMs feel much more smoother than stock ROM

speaker quality is probably about the same I haven't noticed any difference which is not a bad thing as the speakers on this phone are crazy good

Brightness is about the same no difference still easy to see in strong sunlight

Yes you can relock the Bootloader and return to stock

Pixel extended same as this one has a few better options that's just my opinion this one is also great

ntelas

Nov 17, 2013
Ok where to start

FPS you can have 60/90/120 you can set in developer options to show your FPS and if you keep it on 120 it shows 120 constantly not just what supports 120

Now about rum management these custom ROMs feel much more smoother than stock ROM

speaker quality is probably about the same I haven't noticed any difference which is not a bad thing as the speakers on this phone are crazy good

Brightness is about the same no difference still easy to see in strong sunlight

Yes you can relock the Bootloader and return to stock

Pixel extended same as this one has a few better options that's just my opinion this one is also great
Thank you. Big part of my phone usage is banking apps. So it's important for me for Google Pay to work as well as my bank apps. This is the reason I want to know if and how easy is to rollback to stock. So from your answers I understand that I am good to go.

deanlee121

Sep 3, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Thank you. Big part of my phone usage is banking apps. So it's important for me for Google Pay to work as well as my bank apps. This is the reason I want to know if and how easy is to rollback to stock. So from your answers I understand that I am good to go

You've got two options there install the custom on don't root it and you can use everything as original Netflix banking etc

Or install it root it and use magisk hide pick any Google app services to hide from and Banking and Netflix that way you can still have root and also use any app

ntelas

Nov 17, 2013
You've got two options there install the custom on don't root it and you can use everything as original Netflix banking etc

Or install it root it and use magisk hide pick any Google app services to hide from and Banking and Netflix that way you can still have root and also use any app
Will probably go unrooted. I used to root all my devices back in 2015-2018, but then stopped because I started getting powerful devices that didn't need any tweaking to perform well. Until now, 120Hz screen with SD750G and MIUI is a bad combo.

If it wasn't that easy to flash and lock the bootloader, I wouldn't do anything like this.
It's as easy as flashing stock recovery and img and then doing "fastboot oem lock" right?

deanlee121

Sep 3, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Will probably go unrooted. I used to root all my devices back in 2015-2018, but then stopped because I started getting powerful devices that didn't need any tweaking to perform well. Until now, 120Hz screen with SD750G and MIUI is a bad combo.

If it wasn't that easy to flash and lock the bootloader, I wouldn't do anything like this.
It's as easy as flashing stock recovery and img and then doing "fastboot oem lock" right?
To relock the bootloader you use a mi flash programme

TheEconomist13

Jun 26, 2021
Guys what does it mean when it talks about 0404 version older or newer?? and second in the pixel experience it recommends to use the pixel experience recovery however is it worth instaling that one or twrp???

ntelas

Nov 17, 2013
EDIT: It worked! I run the LAA tool while I had ADB.exe open, so it didn't work. Now it's patching zip.

I unlocked bootloader, flashed PE recovery, enabled ADB Sideload and I get a message "* cannot read 'C:\adb\PE.zip' *".

Can someone help me? Also I flashed TWRP and tried to put the file on the device by windows explorer but apparently Xiaomi doesn't have that feature?
I also disabled windows signature and I also tried the "large address aware" trick.

Nothing works and now I don't have a working device. Please, if anyone knows something, I will appreciate it.

Last edited:

Divolka

EDIT: It worked! I run the LAA tool while I had ADB.exe open, so it didn't work. Now it's patching zip.

I unlocked bootloader, flashed PE recovery, enabled ADB Sideload and I get a message "* cannot read 'C:\adb\PE.zip' *".

Can someone help me? Also I flashed TWRP and tried to put the file on the device by windows explorer but apparently Xiaomi doesn't have that feature?
I also disabled windows signature and I also tried the "large address aware" trick.

Nothing works and now I don't have a working device. Please, if anyone knows something, I will appreciate it.
Put your PE.zip in the same folder as adb and use "adb sideload "PE.zip"" then it should work if it don't try with diffirent recovery.
Also you can't transfer files when you're in recovery, it might be possible through adb using "adb push ./file-name.zip /folder-name"

Reactions: deanlee121

ntelas

Nov 17, 2013
Put your PE.zip in the same folder as adb and use "adb sideload "PE.zip"" then it should work if it don't try with diffirent recovery.
Also you can't transfer files when you're in recovery, it might be possible through adb using "adb push ./file-name.zip /folder-name"
See the edit! I did it, it was an LAA issue. By closing ADB.exe, applying the trick and re-sideloading the file, it worked. What I was doing wrong is that I didn't close the ADB.exe before applying the LAA trick.

smithbill

Jun 24, 2007
Liverpool
Guys what does it mean when it talks about 0404 version older or newer?? and second in the pixel experience it recommends to use the pixel experience recovery however is it worth instaling that one or twrp???
Was there an answer to this question? Is Pixel Experience Recovery necessary or can the latest gauguin TWRP or OrangeFox be used instead?

Sep 11, 2016
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Was there an answer to this question? Is Pixel Experience Recovery necessary or can the latest gauguin TWRP or OrangeFox be used instead?
You can use TWRP or OFox or pixel recovery, if you want a more standard custome recovery then use pixel, however twrp or ofox work as well, the 0404 issue was that since then the Pixel ROM did not had the vendor images built-in and so you had to flash stock rom and then wipe and flash pixel, but now you don't need to do that since after 0404 the pixel expericence rom has the vendor build-in the rom. Hope my explanation clears your question.

ntelas

Nov 17, 2013
Bug report: Videos are lagging(dropping frames) in Google photos app after 3-4 seconds of playback.

Another bug: Some random times, I get huge framedrop while scrolling. I would say about 10 fps. It gets solved by either pulling down notification shade or doing any gesture.

Also, can we get multiple audio streams without one stopping the other(like MIUI)? Example is having YT music playing a song while watching Instagram stories or scrolling Twitter. Currently music stops every time it happens to scroll by a video.

Op_Flashpoint

May 2, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 10i
Just installed, ROM looks stable enough. One minor bug I found with Google assistant - it recognises and respond to my voice but there is no pop up? Is this intended or am I missing something?

Will post more comments is I find any more bugs, thanks op!

Edit: guys, I literally had 30% overnight drain.. this normal? Any fix?

Last edited:

karlis0099

Jul 3, 2021
Just installed, ROM looks stable enough. One minor bug I found with Google assistant - it recognises and respond to my voice but there is no pop up? Is this intended or am I missing something?

Will post more comments is I find any more bugs, thanks op!

Edit: guys, I literally had 30% overnight drain.. this normal? Any fix?
Idk, today overnight I had a 10% drain. 🤷‍♂️ Maybe you left a lot of apps open. xD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GtwTyCR.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

PixelExperience for Mi 10T Lite / Mi 10i / Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G [gauguin]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

What's working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data (5G NSA/SA, LTE+/LTE, 3G, 2G)
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint
    Lights
    Sound/vibration
    NFC
    DRM L1
    SELinux Enforcing
    OK Google

Known issues
    You tell me

How to Install?
    To install older than 0404
    • Make sure you have Stock Android 10 MIUI Installed on your Device
    • Make sure you have unlocked bootloader and custom recovery installed

1. Boot to your recovery
    2. Wipe Dalvik, Cache, and Data
    3. Flash the latest Pixel Experience ROM for this Device
    4. Install Magisk (optional)
    5. Reboot to the system and you're done!

To install newer than 0404
    https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/gauguin/install/

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

Download Link
    PixelExperience Website
    OneDrive(Old Build)
    AKR DL(Old Build)

Big Thanks
    LineageOS Team
    Pixel Experience Team
    TH779
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Testers And Users

Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G | Mi 10i | Mi 10T Lite Telegram Community

Updates Channel

https://t.me/Gauguin_Updates
    https://t.me/Mi10i5GOfficialUpdates
    https://t.me/Lynnrin_channel

Donate

hi! thank you for all the devs and author of this gorgeous rom. however, after I updated to latest PixelExperience_gauguin-11.0-20211228-0628-OFFICIAL.zip the stock fm radio app is gone. I've used the stock fm radio app after we were hit by super typhoon odette here in cebu city to get updated local news on the fm stations because we got no power the whole city and no water. I just updated my phone xiaomi redmi note 9 pro to the latest build last week but the stock fm radio app is gone. Is there any way I can get it back installed? Or can the author/dev add it again on the next update please. thank you very much!

Hi, jabez2317.
    Sorry to hear that, I’ll fix FM right now and I’ll release new build today or tomorrow.
    Anyone else can't charge the phone while it's powered off ?
    I'll fix at next update
    5G and Google pay works for me without any mods as I don't use root on it
    Where's my google camera? Camera in this rom is not google camera./