[ROM][11][gauguin][OFFICIAL][EOL] Pixel Experience | Mi 10T Lite / Mi 10i / Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G

Search This thread

aineth

Feb 15, 2018
I have this problem with stock MIUI and I had it with PE as well. Sometimes it happens once a day and some 10. Noticed some apps can make it happen more frequently.

To make sure we are talking about the same issue, I am experiencing huge shuttering (~10 FPS), and this either goes away after a few seconds or untill I pull down the notification tray.
I actually talked about this issue many months ago.

If you found any solution please update us.
I changed phone from Gauguin to Vayu(Poco X3 Pro). Vayu has more kernels to use. And hasn't this issue.

Hello! So, I am running this ROM, but I have a problem. There is no updates tab on the settings. I haven't updated since I installed the ROM because I've never seen the update option. Is this something that I can fix or do I have to install new update through the Recovery? Thanks!

StuDB

Dec 8, 2010
Hello! So, I am running this ROM, but I have a problem. There is no updates tab on the settings. I haven't updated since I installed the ROM because I've never seen the update option. Is this something that I can fix or do I have to install new update through the Recovery? Thanks!
This confused me at first too!

You need to go into Settings > System > Advanced > System Update.

The phone will download and apply the update for you, no need to go through recovery (y)

Screenshot_20211110-191052.png

This confused me at first too!

You need to go into Settings > System > Advanced > System Update.

The phone will download and apply the update for you, no need to go through recovery (y)
Well, it's weird, I don't have that option... :/

positiveplus

Jul 2, 2014
  1. I finally got my new 'Note 9 Pro 5G' unlocked.
  2. I followed the first 5 steps of "Installing a custom recovery using fastboot" in https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/gauguin/install/, the last of which is:
    Code:
    C:\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery PixelExperience_gauguin-11.0-20211011-2017-OFFICIAL.img
    Sending 'recovery' (131072 KB)                     OKAY [  2.942s]
    Writing 'recovery'                                 OKAY [  0.355s]
    Finished. Total time: 3.296s
  3. I followed step 6 ("reboot into recovery"). It rebooted to the same original recovery menu that original came with the phone. That is, no 'Apply Update” menu item or anything like that. (only Reboot, Wipe Data, Connect with MIAssistant, Safe Mode).
What could I be doing wrong?

Problem solved!

What I was doing wrong was rebooting the phone while it was plugged in via USB.

What I did to solve it is: Immediately after ''fastboot flash recovery", unplug it from USB and do NOT turn off the phone! Instead, do the "power & volume+" thing while in FASTBOOT mode. Do not release both buttons simultaneously. Instead, release the power button as soon as the 'Redmi' logo appears and keep the volume+ button pressed until 'pixelexperience' recovery mode appears.

Last edited:

_DaveP_

Aug 2, 2016
Can anyone help me, last night I unlocked my phone, flashed the Pixel experience recovery and tries to flash this Rom, but each time at 47% it would stop and tell me there was an error "recvmsg failed no buffer space available"

I wiped data and cache, tried again with no luck,tried to flash stock Miui and also tried twrp, and redfox recovery all with the same issues, in not sure what to try now.

StuDB

Dec 8, 2010
Can anyone help me, last night I unlocked my phone, flashed the Pixel experience recovery and tries to flash this Rom, but each time at 47% it would stop and tell me there was an error "recvmsg failed no buffer space available"

I wiped data and cache, tried again with no luck,tried to flash stock Miui and also tried twrp, and redfox recovery all with the same issues, in not sure what to try now.
Not sure what your error means but if you follow the pixel experience guide it says the install is meant to stop at 47% (I don't know why)..

Have you tried rebooting to see if the flash was actually successful?

_DaveP_

Aug 2, 2016
Somehow fixed my issues by flashing Arrow OS then official MiUi then once done another wipe flashed this and it works.

StuDB

Dec 8, 2010
Is anyone getting crazy battery drain from Chrome with this ROM?

I use Chrome for 45 mins and it saps 25% of my battery.

I switched to Bromite and 55 minutes used like 5%!?

I'm sure this has only just started, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts