[ROM][11] Havoc-OS 4.xx [Vanilla] [a3y17lte] [UNOFFICIAL] [arm64] | [UNOFFICIAL] [GSI] [Exynos7870] [A/B]

Search This thread

Firngrod

Jan 31, 2023
I am hesitant for two reasons:
1) Copyright/licensing. I've modified the script provided by @TheObcd I think, from the July 2022 release of https://github.com/debie-A320FL/OTA/releases. I haven't checked his licensing terms.
2) Risk of bricking anybody elses device. I just modified parts of an existing larger script. I don't know how it was originally generated. There are parts of the package that I don't understand and therefore haven't touched and cannot vouch for. I don't know if what I did may cause damage on other devices.

Here's what I did: I unpacked the zip, modified the line fetching the Vendor partition number adding a head -1 command between the grep and awk. Then I changed the if on vendor to a while and re-fetched the vendor partition within that loop after delete to clear out any duplicate vendor partitions. Finally, I also modified the sizes declared in the global variables at the top of the script. I can get you a diff later.
I also updated the META-INF script to report my changed target partition sizes. There's also a binary file in there. I don't know what that does.
Then I zipped it up again and ran it on the phone. Seemed to work.

Reactions: Flominator

Firngrod

Jan 31, 2023
I guess if we could get him to implement those changes and release them, that would be a boon for his stuff, and then you can reference that.

EDIT: I guess he wouldn't have the sizes your ROM requires.

Last edited:

Firngrod

Jan 31, 2023
Here's the diff of his repartition script (extracted zip file) and mine:
Code:
diff -r old/META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script new/META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script
34,35c34,35
<     ui_print("       SYSTEM: 2500MB");
<     ui_print("       VENDOR: 160MB");
---
>     ui_print("       SYSTEM: 2900MB");
>     ui_print("       VENDOR: 440MB");
diff -r old/repartition.sh new/repartition.sh
20,21c20,21
< SYSTEMSIZE=2500
< VENDORSIZE=160
---
> SYSTEMSIZE=2900
> VENDORSIZE=440
36c36
< VENDOR=`$SGDISK --print $DISK | grep VENDOR | awk '{printf $1}'`
---
> VENDOR=`$SGDISK --print $DISK | grep VENDOR | head -1 | awk '{printf $1}'`
53,54c55,56
<     if [ ! -z $VENDOR ]; then  
<         VENDORPART=`$SGDISK --print $DISK | grep VENDOR | awk '{printf $1}'`
---
>     while [ ! -z $VENDOR ]; do  
>         VENDORPART=`$SGDISK --print $DISK | grep VENDOR | head -1 | awk '{printf $1}'`
56c58,59
<     fi
---
>     VENDOR=`$SGDISK --print $DISK | grep VENDOR | head -1 | awk '{printf $1}'`
>     done
I left the vendor partition cleanup in there. I could definitely see other people having flashed repartition scripts repeatedly trying to install something and ending up with a bunch of vendor partitions like I did.

Firngrod

Jan 31, 2023
The script has been made by @Astrako and shared intially in his post.
Thanks! Well that indicates that the changes I have made are safe. He only recommends changing the partition target sizes, so it is apparently safe to do nothing else. The multi-vendor cleanup is safe as well, as far as I can tell. Maybe I should mention the option of updating the official script with that in that thread.

Firngrod

Jan 31, 2023
I think the best instructions would be to get on the latest treble-capable recovery, then point them towards the thread pointed at by TheObcd with the sizes necessary. That script is safe to use unless the partitions are already messed up.

Now that I have (tried to) set up my phone as I would have it if it were my daily driver, I have noticed two features not working:
1) Adaptive charging - It happily charges beyond the stated max charge.
2) LiveDisplay cannot be turned on. The mode picker will reflect my choice, but settings will remain grayed out, and when I leave and come back, the picker is back to "Off".

Firngrod

Jan 31, 2023
Also, lock screen auto rotation cannot be toggled separately from auto rotation in general. I cannot get it to not auto rotate if auto rotate in general is on.

I look at roms featuresets soon
Also, lock screen auto rotation cannot be toggled separately from auto rotation in general. I cannot get it to not auto rotate if auto rotate in general is on.

auto rotate shoud be fixed now
not loading livedisplay too (dont expect all modes to be working for now, enabled all avaiable ones for now)
about Adaptive charging I have to do some fruther debuggig

Firngrod

Jan 31, 2023
I am still getting auto rotation on lock screen if under "Settings" -> "Display" -> "Rotation" I enable "Auto-rotate screen" but disable "Auto-rotate lockscreen".

LiveDisplay seems halfway fixed. I can select "Color profile", and it seems to take effect, but the "Display mode" and accompanying "Color temperature" settings are still not taking effect. I cannot tell if it's one or the other, or both, which doesn't work.

Furthermore, I have found that enabling "Settings" -> "Configuration Center" -> "Gestures" -> "Power menu" -> "Advanced reboot" and then using advanced reboot to reboot to recovery doesn't work. It just turns off the phone.

Maps in Android Auto has the issue that it thinks I'm sitting solidly in Google's headquarters in California. I don't think that's related to the ROM, but to something in the apps. It's probably caused by running without a SIM card. I will try to verify that at some point.

Another note: The official latest version of TWRP doesn't handle the data partition for this ROM well. It can be used to install the ROM, but booting to recovery after that will cause Data to be inaccessible. Your version works fine, though. I haven't tested Orange Fox yet. Maybe the guide should explicitly recommend using your version.

Finally: Is there a bug tracker I can use rather than forum posts? Also, maybe a guide to how I might build it myself if at all possible, then maybe I can fiddle around with trying to fix some bugs myself?

Thanks again for all your work! It's much appreciated!

Bernique

Apr 25, 2010
Paris
I have just installed your ROM and it seems to work fine. Thanks for the job. I just have one issue, it does not recognize my SD card. I know it works fine, because my PC and TWRP can mount it, but not your ROM. Any solution?
Otherwise, do you intend to update it regularly?

I have just installed your ROM and it seems to work fine. Thanks for the job. I just have one issue, it does not recognize my SD card. I know it works fine, because my PC and TWRP can mount it, but not your ROM. Any solution?
Otherwise, do you intend to update it regularly?
wich filesystem is it formatted ? (fat 32, ext4 work fine)

kwallet

Dec 23, 2022
thank you for your work flominator.

do i understand right if i am running debie's linageos rom with orangefox (r11) right now then i dont have to do anything else just flash the rom normally?

how is this rom compare performance-wise to debie's dec18 lineageos?

is it compatible with a320FL too right?

thank you for your work flominator.

do i understand right if i am running debie's linageos rom with orangefox (r11) right now then i dont have to do anything else just flash the rom normally?

how is this rom compare performance-wise to debie's dec18 lineageos?

is it compatible with a320FL too right?

1. yes with orangefox you can falsh it without issues
2. the performence about is equal
3. it is compatible with a320fl/a320f

yourproblem

Sep 17, 2019
Verry nice! Thank you.
Seems to work. Only the configuration of Power button is missing (for example pushing twice for lamp). Maybe there isn't one in Havoc, i don't know.
Crdroid would be also nice, since it has more option to configure...

kwallet

Dec 23, 2022
Verry nice! Thank you.
Seems to work. Only the configuration of Power button is missing (for example pushing twice for lamp). Maybe there isn't one in Havoc, i don't know.
Crdroid would be also nice, since it has more option to configure...
you can set it up in configuration center / gestures / quick torch

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i said that ill edit the comment but lets do a new one so ppl get a notification.

- feels more snappier than 17.1 without even turning animations off
    - a lot of customization options that i like
    - "clear all" option on the bottom of app switcher is a godsend.
    - it seems the battery is not draining more than it should

general:
    - backup menu is empty
    - there is no calculator app
    - there is no sound recorder app
    - music visualizer doesnt work (foobar2000)
    - compass doesnt work
    - blue light filter doesnt work (display/livedisplay/displaymode/night)
    - navigation buttons backlight option is missing, cant turn it off
    - gps doesnt work (here we go maps)
    - i vefound a visual(?) bug, after putting on charger ive noticed that the phone was showing 92% since hours, unplugged it then it jumped to 99% instantly. (i am using the adaptive charging feature with a 98% limit)

AOD:
    - some gestures are broken, "pocket" and "swipe" are not working, everything else are good.
    - brightness slider doesnt work
    - there is no option to set AOD off WHEN INSIDE pocket. stock rom did that. it was pretty good feature cuz at night if i wanted AOD off, i simply flipped my phone upside down so the proximity sensor thinks its in a pocket.
    if this function could be added that is a gamechanger. (imho)

camera:
    - flash function doesnt work properly in stock camera, neither in open camera apps. camera and flash are desyncronized, sometimes work, sometimes not.
    flash is working in another camera app tho (aurora store: HD Camera - KX Camera Team)

bluetooth:
    - BT headphone works, music playing is excellent. LDAC works, no connection issues even on high quality.
    - BT calls are working but the other side is hearing me very loud and they said my sound on the phone was crackling. (sony wh-1000xm2)

calls:
    - there is no "lineageos first call bug" so the other side can hear me perfectly no need to do a dummy call first to hear eachother on the second call after a phone restart.
    - loudspeaker works and clear
    - normal speaker has a crackling sound
    - there is an echo on the other side of the line, so whoever i call they can hear themself back. no echo on my side tho, cant hear myself back
    - show number/hide number function doesnt work, whatever i select it goes back to network default option (which is hide number)

anything else not listed are either working or i just simply not using it so never occured to me to try it out at all.
    feel free to ask me stuff to try out.
    Havoc_Logo.png

About.png

Havoc-OS 4.x is based on AOSP, inspired by Google Pixel.
    Has a refined Material Design 2 UI crafted by @SKULSHADY.
    Many useful features that provide a smooth premium experience.
    Just flash and enjoy...

Team.png

Founder & Lead Developer:
    DevOPS & Scaling:
    Support Team:

Donate.png

If you like our work and would like to support this project then please consider donating.
    UPI: anushekprasal@okhdfcbank

Links.png

ROM a3y17lte:

GSI Exynos7870:
    Recovery: https://twrp.me
    Telegram Support Group: https://t.me/havocofficial
    Telegram Announcements Channel: https://t.me/Havoc_OS
    Telegram exynos7870:

Installation.png

YOU HAVE TO BE ON TREBLE RECOVERY!!! BEFORE INSTALL. (skip this if your recovery already shows vendor partition, running repatition-script twice soft bricks device)
    Treble Recovery(Full Wipe after install) + repatition-scripthttps://xdaforums.com/t/tool-a320fl-f-y-repartition-script-for-vendor-support.3951105 by Astrako

After running repatition-script (becuase you used stockrom, Non-treblerom, beeing a ROM less than < android10), you shoud install any android 10 ROM: like lineage-17.1 https://github.com/debie-A320FL/OTA/releases/tag/Q.22.12 for example and boot once.
    It is needed to fix file contexts and enable dynamic repatitioning used by Havoc OS.
    Since Havoc OS \vendor (388mb) and \system (2695mb) are quite big in size, patition sizes shipped with Astrakos initial repatition-script are insufficiant. Obmitting this will probably result in: script aborted: E1001

Usual install instuctins nothing fancy here.

1. Download the ROM, GApps (Optional), Magisk (Optional) from the links above.
    2. Wipe System, Data, Dalvik, Cache.
    3. Flash the ROM, GApps (Optional), Magisk (Optional).
    4. Reboot and Enjoy.

Credits.png

And all the other Developers, Testers, Donators and Users.

Source.png

Changelog ( • Device changes | - Source changes ):

08. 11. 2023
    • latest SPL
    • go back to Simple kernel
    • fix gnss/gps deadlocks
    • fix floatingfeature issues
    • rebased devicetree
    • use new linaro bsp based on q sources (new hwc)
    • fix in certain cases broken mic in calls and screenrecording

05. 02. 2023

• fix livedisplay not loading

29. 01. 2023

• Initial release on xda
    • version 4.19
    • Tree rebase
    • bsp rebase
    • selinux permissive
    • bluetooth rebase to OSS qti hal
    • New rebased kernel on A600FNXXU9CVB1
    • new OSS GPS hal thx to a720s
    • bugs u tell me: Improvements are always welcome

Working | Not Working list:

Screenshot 2023-01-29 220123.png

Other Notes:
    Some Bluetooth headsets mic wont work properly. (fixed)
    SafetyNet can be bypassed/fixed with :
    https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases/tag/v2.4.0
    and magisk link seen above.

Device Sources:

XDA: DevDB Information
    Havoc-OS 4.x, ROM for Samsung Galaxy a3 (2017)

Contributors
    Flominator, Astrako, gonicdroid, FraSharp
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Oreo 8.1 for your variant. Treble Recovery(Full Wipe after install) https://xdaforums.com/t/tool-a320fl-f-y-repartition-script-for-vendor-support.3951105

Version Information
    stable
    Current Stable Version: 11
    Release Date: 08. 11. 2023

Created 29. 01. 2023
    Last Updated 13. 11. 2023
    Hi Flominator
    First off, thanks for working on custom ROMs for the A3. It's my favorite phone even if hardware limitations have forced me to switch model. The upshot is that I (almost) no longer care about bricking the A3.
    As such, I have tried installing this ROM, but I have failed. I hope you're willing to help with that.
    I have the A320FL as far as I know.
    I have tried installing your ROM, taking the following steps:
    1) Started on the LineageOS 17.1 build from MartinYTCZ, latest version maintained by someone else now, so not Stock Oreo. Started from Orange Fox recovery
    2) Flashed the repartition script from the link above, converting me to TWRP.
    3) Formatted Cache, Vendor, System, Data by switching file system to ext3, then back to ext4. Can't seem to find an easy way to make it redo ext4 without going that route.
    4) Running your installer from TWRP.

I get an error message about failing to patch system image almost instantly. Of course, I was too dumb to write it all down before flashing back to what I had before, but I can go over it all again and upload logs if you would like.

If it's about not coming from the Stock Oreo, do you know anywhere I can get that as a backup rather than for USB flashing? I no longer have Windows at home, so I can't really get at ODIN without a lot of hassle.
    Otherwise, is there anything else I may have missed?
    I am willing to work with you and try things if you want me to. Like I said, I (almost) don't care about bricking the device by now.
    I am hesitant for two reasons:
    1) Copyright/licensing. I've modified the script provided by @TheObcd I think, from the July 2022 release of https://github.com/debie-A320FL/OTA/releases. I haven't checked his licensing terms.
    2) Risk of bricking anybody elses device. I just modified parts of an existing larger script. I don't know how it was originally generated. There are parts of the package that I don't understand and therefore haven't touched and cannot vouch for. I don't know if what I did may cause damage on other devices.

Here's what I did: I unpacked the zip, modified the line fetching the Vendor partition number adding a head -1 command between the grep and awk. Then I changed the if on vendor to a while and re-fetched the vendor partition within that loop after delete to clear out any duplicate vendor partitions. Finally, I also modified the sizes declared in the global variables at the top of the script. I can get you a diff later.
    I also updated the META-INF script to report my changed target partition sizes. There's also a binary file in there. I don't know what that does.
    Then I zipped it up again and ran it on the phone. Seemed to work.