[ROM][11] JAGUAR R FOR ONEPLUS 3

Search This thread

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
This is the official build of Jaguar Rom. I have been building Android roms since 2012 for various devices including multiple Sonys, Lenovo Zuk and Oneplus 5 (my current device). You can check the Oneplus 5 development thread here: Oneplus 5 thread

Jaguar rom is focused on hardening of Android and kernel. As such, the rom has hardened bionic and tightened security. Kernel has security features ported from linux kernel 4.14.

Otherwise, the rom has all standard+ features that come with custom roms:

1 Rom control with custom Power menu, Statusbar, Buttons, Navbar, Quicksettings, Lockscreen, Notifications, Gestures, Themes etc.
2. Working FDE encryption, which is not forced, but could be enabled within Settings
3. Heavily modified Art, Bionic System/Vold and System/Security
4. Telephony response ('silently acknowledged') to Type Zero sms disabled
5. Toggle to disable Captive Portal logging
6. Rom could be booted on locked bootloader out of the box
7. All customizations as listed in '1'
8. MicroG ready

Instructions:

1. If you are encrypted on any other rom, you need to do a factory reset in TWRP, the option, where you enter 'Yes' to confirm.
2. Reboot into TWRP (after factory reset), transfer Jaguar to internal SD, wipe system/cache/data and /vendor, if you have it;
3. Flash the rom and reboot.

You will be unencrypted. If you want encryption (FDE, not ICE), encrypt withing Settings.

Rom V1 is in the attachment. All subsequent release will be posted in #3.

XDA:DevDB Information
JAGUAR R, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors

optimumpro
Kernel Source Code: Kernel

ROM OS Version:
11.x R
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, if Magisk is Required
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 1
Stable Release Date: 2021-01-04

Created 2021-01-04

Credit: AOSP, Lineage, DU, MSM-Xtended, Crdroid

Attachments

• Jaguar-R-Official-Oneplus3-V1.zip
    688.7 MB · Views: 581
Last edited:

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
January 8: New release, V2.0

1. January security patches

2. Rom rebuilt with speed flag. As a result, it is larger in size, but should be speedier, because there is less runtime compiling involved

Attachments

• Jaguar-V2.0-R-Official-Oneplus3.zip
    808.6 MB · Views: 541
Last edited:

kash_si

Oct 19, 2014
Will try it out & report. Many Thanks for keeping our OP3/3T alive. Appreciate all the great developers work on XDA.

Update - Added a few screenshots. Everything is working so far. Snappy & Tons of Customization options. Rooted(Magisk Canary).

Update - Hotspot is not working for me. Typically I do not use this feature so I don't test this function.

(y):cool:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210104-204420_AFWall+.png
    Screenshot_20210104-204420_AFWall+.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 573
  • Screenshot_20210105-011851_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210105-011851_Settings.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 577
  • Screenshot_20210105-011857_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210105-011857_Settings.png
    79.5 KB · Views: 591
  • Screenshot_20210105-012937_Jaguar_launcher.png
    Screenshot_20210105-012937_Jaguar_launcher.png
    205.7 KB · Views: 585
  • Screenshot_20210104-212331_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210104-212331_Settings.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 565
  • Screenshot_20210104-212338_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210104-212338_Settings.png
    125.9 KB · Views: 515
  • Screenshot_20210104-212358_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210104-212358_Settings.png
    139.2 KB · Views: 522
Last edited:

lapirado

Aug 25, 2015
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi Poco F3
Will try it out & report. Many Thanks for keeping our OP3/3T alive. Appreciate all the great developers work on XDA.

Update - Added a few screenshots. Everything is working so far. Snappy & Tons of Customization options. Rooted(Magisk Canary).

Update - Hotspot is not working for me. Typically I do not use this feature so I don't test this function.

How's the battery life so far? Problems with wakelock?

kash_si

Oct 19, 2014
How's the battery life so far? Problems with wakelock?

I am waiting for @optimumpro to release update with Jan-2021 ASP's. Then I plan to use it as my daily driver.

Currently I have it on my OP3 as a testbed, so can't really provide feedback on battery life. For my OP3/3T over the years average daily SOT has been around 2:30 to 3:30 hours upto & including Android 11.

Reactions: lapirado

lapirado

Aug 25, 2015
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi Poco F3
I am waiting for @optimumpro to release update with Jan-2021 ASP's. Then I plan to use it as my daily driver.

Currently I have it on my OP3 as a testbed, so can't really provide feedback on battery life. For my OP3/3T over the years average daily SOT has been around 2:30 to 3:30 hours upto & including Android 11.
Thanks for the reply.
But that sot seems quite short. Depending on the use you gave, ofc.
But with moderate use, I usually get around 4h.

Reactions: kash_si

jaydee 77

May 27, 2011
@optimumpro
So your ROM seems to be build from MSM Xtended sources. There are improvements or advantages in your ROM over the original Xtended ROM?

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
@optimumpro
So your ROM seems to be build from MSM Xtended sources. There are improvements or advantages in your ROM over the original Xtended ROM?

I used AOSP sources, as well as Msm-Xtended, as well as DU, as well as Crdroid, but:

1. Art, Bionic, System/Vold, System/Security and most of /frameworks/base sources are different

2. Interface is different

3. Some blot removed

4. Several different apps

5. Kernel is different: I squashed about 20 commits (hardening) in one

6. Blobs are different

7. My rom can disable (with a toggle) Captive portal apk, which is spyware. Otherwise, if you uninstall it, you'll have a nasty 'X' in wifi and some sites may not work

8. Acknowledgement of receipt of type zero SMS is disabled. This is is the first thing hackers do - ping your phone with an sms that doesn't appear on screen... .

But ultimately, only you can decide which rom to use.

Last edited:

jaydee 77

May 27, 2011
@optimumpro
My post was not to offend you. Thanks for the explanation and clarification. Your points make sense and they are great and important plus over the other ROMs. This should me mentioned in the OP.

I know that asking for ETA is not welcome on XDA. But one more question concerning updates. What are your plans for that. Your ROM has security in focus. Do you think building monthly updates for Android Security Bulletin?

I don't switch ROMs very often, cos I'm to lazy for this. So when switching to a new ROM I'll like to stick on it for a long time.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
@optimumpro
My post was not to offend you. Thanks for the explanation and clarification. Your points make sense and they are a plus over the other ROMs. This should me mentioned in the OP.

I know that asking for ETA is not welcome on XDA. But one more question concerning updates. What are your plans for that. Your ROM has security in focus. Do you think building monthly updates for Android Security Bulletin?

I don't switch ROMs very often, cos I'm to lazy for this. So when switching to a new ROM I'll like to stick on it for a long time.

Usually, once a month. However, this rom is version 1, so, there might be more updates. Definitely, one with January security patches in a few days.

D

Deleted member 11396015

Great to see this hardened flavour of 11 which can even be used with locked bootloader @optimumpro !
As I understand you will have monthly updates also which is great to keep our phone up to date.

One question though; is it possible to use /data/local/userinit.sh scripts with this rom?
Would be a great option to do some system settings without the need of Magisk or other stuff.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the official build of Jaguar Rom. I have been building Android roms since 2012 for various devices including multiple Sonys, Lenovo Zuk and Oneplus 5 (my current device). You can check the Oneplus 5 development thread here: Oneplus 5 thread

Jaguar rom is focused on hardening of Android and kernel. As such, the rom has hardened bionic and tightened security. Kernel has security features ported from linux kernel 4.14.

Otherwise, the rom has all standard+ features that come with custom roms:

1 Rom control with custom Power menu, Statusbar, Buttons, Navbar, Quicksettings, Lockscreen, Notifications, Gestures, Themes etc.
    2. Working FDE encryption, which is not forced, but could be enabled within Settings
    3. Heavily modified Art, Bionic System/Vold and System/Security
    4. Telephony response ('silently acknowledged') to Type Zero sms disabled
    5. Toggle to disable Captive Portal logging
    6. Rom could be booted on locked bootloader out of the box
    7. All customizations as listed in '1'
    8. MicroG ready

Instructions:

1. If you are encrypted on any other rom, you need to do a factory reset in TWRP, the option, where you enter 'Yes' to confirm.
    2. Reboot into TWRP (after factory reset), transfer Jaguar to internal SD, wipe system/cache/data and /vendor, if you have it;
    3. Flash the rom and reboot.

You will be unencrypted. If you want encryption (FDE, not ICE), encrypt withing Settings.

Rom V1 is in the attachment. All subsequent release will be posted in #3.

XDA:DevDB Information
    JAGUAR R, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors

optimumpro
    Kernel Source Code: Kernel

ROM OS Version:
    11.x R
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, if Magisk is Required
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 1
    Stable Release Date: 2021-01-04

Created 2021-01-04

Credit: AOSP, Lineage, DU, MSM-Xtended, Crdroid

2. Rom rebuilt with speed flag. As a result, it is larger in size, but should be speedier, because there is less runtime compiling involved

Dirty flash is fine on top of V-1. Download in post #3.

@optimumpro

I used AOSP sources, as well as Msm-Xtended, as well as DU, as well as Crdroid, but:

1. Art, Bionic, System/Vold, System/Security and most of /frameworks/base sources are different

2. Interface is different

3. Some blot removed

4. Several different apps

5. Kernel is different: I squashed about 20 commits (hardening) in one

6. Blobs are different

7. My rom can disable (with a toggle) Captive portal apk, which is spyware. Otherwise, if you uninstall it, you'll have a nasty 'X' in wifi and some sites may not work

8. Acknowledgement of receipt of type zero SMS is disabled. This is is the first thing hackers do - ping your phone with an sms that doesn't appear on screen... .

But ultimately, only you can decide which rom to use.