[ROM][11][klte][OFFICIAL] crDroid 7.39 Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900F/M/R4/R7/T/V/W8) [EOL]

Search This thread

bestiatester

Mar 29, 2013
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
You can follow the instructions on LineageOS wiki to flash crDroid on your S5. I'm currently using LineageOS Recovery to do so.
Pre-installation:

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: https://github.com/mantinan/android_kernel_samsung_msm8974
Device: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_klte

Download:
ROM

Known issues:
None that I'm aware off

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid Community Telegram
crDroid Updates Channel
Donate to help our team pay server costs

Last edited:

MysteryIII

Nov 7, 2012
Is your development related to Khalvats? I mean did you include his fixes and optimization like higher Mic gain?
Do you plan to fix the faulty charging value? I don't know why Khalvat doesn't want to, but fix for it is there since last year at least.

rgrapow

Feb 28, 2018
Is your development related to Khalvats? I mean did you include his fixes and optimization like higher Mic gain?
Do you plan to fix the faulty charging value? I don't know why Khalvat doesn't want to, but fix for it is there since last year at least.
Is not related, there are several differences that I found between both builds:
Khalvat 7.11
- ROM didn't pass safetynet (CTS profile)
- Android SystemWebView version 92.x.x.x
- Battery drain if you set oppacity level on QS and/or notification panel
- A little bit of lag
- Not official

This one:
- ROM passes safetynet
- Android SystemWebView version 94.x.x.x
- NO battery drain if you set oppacity level on QS and/or notification panel
- Smooth
- Official (implies monthly updates/builds)

Chris_0147

Dec 24, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S6
Seria una buena idea porque ahí lo miraría mas gente o puedes hacer un thread ahí con un link que redirija para aqui

Translated by GT: It would be a good idea because more people would look at it there or you can make a thread there with a link that redirects to here

Last edited by a moderator:

MysteryIII

Nov 7, 2012
Is not related, there are several differences that I found between both builds:
Khalvat 7.11
- ROM didn't pass safetynet (CTS profile)
- Android SystemWebView version 92.x.x.x
- Battery drain if you set oppacity level on QS and/or notification panel
- A little bit of lag
- Not official

This one:
- ROM passes safetynet
- Android SystemWebView version 94.x.x.x
- NO battery drain if you set oppacity level on QS and/or notification panel
- Smooth
- Official (implies monthly updates/builds)

Thanks a lot for that comparison. While the official tag theoretical implies monthly updates, it still depends on the developer. If he doesn't have time or changes mind, there won't be any update. I guess the OTA Update would be a real difference.
You can create a new thread on unified deveploment
Asking a Mod to move thread would be the better choice as it would look like spamming to have threads everywhere.
Seria una buena idea porque ahí lo miraría mas gente o puedes hacer un thread ahí con un link que redirija para aqui

Translated by GT: It would be a good idea because more people would look at it there or you can make a thread there with a link that redirects to here

Maybe I'm blind, but I only see download link for KLTE and not for variants, did I miss something?
There is a reason there is an extra unified section and that is:
For unified AOSP type ROMs, kernels and mods., suitable for multiple S5 versions

So if it's KLTE only it would be the wrong section.

bestiatester

Mar 29, 2013
Currently I'm using kernel sources from lineage os. But I'm open to suggestions.
If you point me to the fix for the charging problem I'll try to include it.

Regards

Reactions: Slim2none4u

MysteryIII

Nov 7, 2012
I'm no developer, but I just asked fbs as he has fixed it in his Tuned kernel long ago. If he doesn't directly reply here, I will forward his answer.
But if I remember correctly it was a simple multiplication (by hundred or so).

Last edited:

rgrapow

Feb 28, 2018
I get a crash before login on this rom resulting in a bootloop even after wiping data. 7.6 runs without problems.

But I did not flash any g-apps cause I don't need their functionality. Could this be related on this version?
I don't think so, the first time only to test the ROM, I did a clean flash (no gapps nor magisk) without any issues, the second time I did a clean flash with gapps and magisk without any issue/problems, working smooth, it's my daily driver

Top Liked Posts