[ROM][11][LAKE] PixelExperience Normal/Plus [AOSP]

Search This thread

DJTINKER

Jul 25, 2022
Downloaded 12.1 Pixel Experience Rom and Recovery. Followed instructions on WikiPage. Flashing ends in error one with TWRP or Pixel Experience ROM. Attempted multiple times with both builds, no luck. I know I must be doing something wrong, but just can not figure it out. Twrp flashed to about 40% and then kicked out error unable to read file. Flashed Copy partitiion and rebooted, thought maybe I missed that step the first time. G7 Plus XT-1965-T model. Anyone have any suggestions ?

DJTINKER

Jul 25, 2022
Downloaded 12.1 Pixel Experience Rom and Recovery. Followed instructions on WikiPage. Flashing ends in error one with TWRP or Pixel Experience ROM. Attempted multiple times with both builds, no luck. I know I must be doing something wrong, but just can not figure it out. Twrp flashed to about 40% and then kicked out error unable to read file. Flashed Copy partitiion and rebooted, thought maybe I missed that step the first time. G7 Plus XT-1965-T model. Anyone have any suggestions ?
Lesson learned, overlooked the specific instructions outside WIKI ! Awesome Work on ROM !

UnusualPotato

Mar 24, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Moto G7 Plus
Seems to me like Moto G7 Plus (Lake) is going to be deprecated by PixelExperience.

1666712515783.png

bibikalka

May 14, 2015
Re: Version 12 plus

• Flash retrofit zip via adb sideload before A12: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1St2xMki4PO7TII-YsgWvs7HdZiyIuOjZ/view

Thanks, I couldn't find it because I didn't know it was published so long ago. Here it is:

Install guide Pixel Experience Official A12 (adb sideload only):
• Download PixelExperience Recovery A11: https://link.us1.storjshare.io/s/ju...lake-11.0-20211123-2051-OFFICIAL.img?download
• Flash recovery A11: fastboot flash boot recovery_name.img
Reboot to recovery
• Flash retrofit zip via adb sideload : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1St2xMki4PO7TII-YsgWvs7HdZiyIuOjZ/view
• Format data and reboot!
• Go to recovery and flash A12 Official Rom (use recovery provided by retrofit, do not boot the .img of A12 official)
Finish.

It works fine in general, but the flashlight gesture doesn't work, also the three fingers screenshot is missing. The ambient screen doesn't seem to work either...

Nice ROM ! Finally fixed my stock ROM GPS issue!

A12Plus was a hell to install, Wiki is totally wrong, it is amazing nobody cared to paste the above quoted post into Wiki here:

A12 switches to dynamic partitions, so that retrofit step is a must. I burnt more than 1 hour chasing the sideload error which everybody gets who has not done the retrofit step yet.

Would be nice if another A12 was released - with Android 12 fixes, and such. Unfortunately, it is labeled as Deprecated ...

Another item - the latest Magisk 26.1 kept crashing somewhere in its daemon, about 5 minutes after a reboot, Zygisk turned on crashed the same. I reverted to version 25.2 Zygisk - has been very stable so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiki Thorsen

Tiki Thorsen

Jan 27, 2017
Argentina
Moto Z3 Play

bibikalka

May 14, 2015
I went from stock to Experience 12, and battery life seems to be about 30% better than before. See the image below. I upgraded ROM on week 21, and now get about 300% of weekly charging vs 400% of weekly charging before. Ignore week 26 since that was heavy travel, and lots of maps usage.

Attachments

• screenshot2b.png
    screenshot2b.png
    157.8 KB · Views: 9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Motorola Moto G7 Plus [lake]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

I was able to get this installed; the retrofit zip and others are on the G7 Plus Telegram group.

I was NOT able to do so with the supplied recovery (A11 version) but it worked with TWRP.
    Thanks, I couldn't find it because I didn't know it was published so long ago. Here it is:

Install guide Pixel Experience Official A12 (adb sideload only):
    • Download PixelExperience Recovery A11: https://link.us1.storjshare.io/s/ju...lake-11.0-20211123-2051-OFFICIAL.img?download
    • Flash recovery A11: fastboot flash boot recovery_name.img
    Reboot to recovery
    • Flash retrofit zip via adb sideload : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1St2xMki4PO7TII-YsgWvs7HdZiyIuOjZ/view
    • Go to recovery and flash A12 Official Rom (use recovery provided by retrofit, do not boot the .img of A12 official)
    Finish.

It works fine in general, but the flashlight gesture doesn't work, also the three fingers screenshot is missing. The ambient screen doesn't seem to work either...
    I'm facing the same problem.
    Install process stops at 42%.
    here's error message.

Supported API: 3
    Finding update package...
    Installing update...
    Step 1/2
    Error applying update: 28 (ErrorCode::kDownloadOperationExecutionError)
    E:Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)
    I meanwhile was also able to get Android 12 working:

You must flash the Android 11 recovery (boot.img).
    Enter recovery.
    Then flash the "aosp_lake-ota-retrofit-eng.jorgelucas.zip" (1.1GB), which is in fact the Android 12 Alpha Rom. You can get it in the Telegram Group.

After that, you must again reboot to recovery, the retrofit.zip brings its own recovery!
    From there, you can sideload the latest "stable" A12.zip file. I was not able to access my SD Card from there btw.
    Wipe data / factory reset
    Reboot.

The ROM looks AWESOME!
    Can PE 12 be used as "daily driver"? This question is for those who flashed this rom, are there any bugs besides ambient screen and gestures? Major bugs? I know I could flash it by myself, but currently on stock and never flashed anything on moto g7 plus, I would appreciate your answers.
    Thank you.
    I've been using it for a couple of days now and I haven't come across any major bug that would stop me from daily driving it. Battery life seems to be on par with PE 11+.

Aside from the bugs already mentioned above, there are a few things I miss coming from PE 11+:
    The option in settings to hide the gesture pill from the bottom of the screen
    Status bar network activity monitor
    Double tap to sleep feature
    Caffeine tile

There are workarounds/apps that can fill these gaps but I haven't had the time to get them setup.

Using the approach to wake and double tap to sleep on PE 11+, I almost never used the power button so I've had to get used to that again but everything else has been very smooth.

Once again, thank you to Jorge for this great ROM!