[ROM][11][LAKE] PixelExperience Normal/Plus [AOSP]

Search This thread

sessions04

Oct 30, 2013
Austria
Hey @dalky correa ,
I've been using this rom for months now. You are correct that battery drain is feeling higher compared to the stock rom. There is no really solution to this given, I got used to it. BUT I have not yet heard of any not stock based custom rom that consumes less battery power than the optimized stock roms.

Reactions: dalky correa

dalky correa

Feb 2, 2014
Colombia
Moto G7 Plus
Hey @dalky correa ,
I've been using this rom for months now. You are correct that battery drain is feeling higher compared to the stock rom. There is no really solution to this given, I got used to it. BUT I have not yet heard of any not stock based custom rom that consumes less battery power than the optimized stock roms

Hey @dalky correa ,
I've been using this rom for months now. You are correct that battery drain is feeling higher compared to the stock rom. There is no really solution to this given, I got used to it. BUT I have not yet heard of any not stock based custom rom that consumes less battery power than the optimized stock roms.
Why it happened
Hey @dalky correa ,
Why it happen that?

Geert-51

Jul 1, 2021
Hi Jorge,
I installed update version PE+ 2021/10/18 this week. But when I pickup the phone in standby, the clock appears on a black screen as usual but very weak and dim. I can’t find a setting to increase the brightness of this screen. Is this a problem with my phone or a problem with this update?
(When I press the powerbutton the lockscreen appears with the normal brightness)

dalky correa

Feb 2, 2014
Colombia
Moto G7 Plus
Hi Jorge,
I installed update version PE+ 2021/10/18 this week. But when I pickup the phone in standby, the clock appears on a black screen as usual but very weak and dim. I can’t find a setting to increase the brightness of this screen. Is this a problem with my phone or a problem with this update?
(When I press the powerbutton the lockscreen appears with the normal brightness)
I can same aspect in my phone, it seems be a unsettling aspect.

sanzoghenzo

Aug 31, 2011
Trento
Hi, thanks a lot for this wonderful ROM!!!!!

I'm trying to get Magisk up and running, and as always I find myself lost between various guides with contrasting information...

The official magisk guide tells me to extract the boot.img file from the ROM zip, since the app states that this phone has boot ramdisk.
However, if I try to unpack the zip I got no img files, and I can only find the recovery.img on pixel experience website (but magisk guide says it has to be used only on phones without boot ramdisk).

Can you please help me understand what I should do here?
Thanks in advance

DaveImagery

Jun 7, 2014
Hello and thank you for your continued work. I've been getting this annoying from my carrier lately. I thought the G7 Plus/Revvlry+ had VOLTE capability? In the settings menu under sim, there is an option to turn it on.

tracfone BS.png

StarGeneral

Jul 20, 2012
The automatic brightness adjustment is not working anymore on my phone since the latest OTA.
Sometimes, the screen is dimmed, sometimes not, sometimes the brightness seems to be set to a random value...

Can anyone confirm that?
Thanks in advance for your time! :)

Absolute_Block

Jan 2, 2022
Hi Jorge,

Will there be an Android 12 release or security patch for Android 11 December 2021? Many thanks for your hard work for the Moto G7 Plus.

sessions04

Oct 30, 2013
Austria

MarcosGarro

Jun 9, 2015
Hi! I see that the new stable version is the one that is Android 12. You didn't provide the retrofit zip for the new dynamic partitions, and it says to check @LakeUpdates for more info about install guide, but there's nothing there. The install guide for this device on the Pixel Experience site says to use the old copy partitions zip.

It seems that the retrofit zip is missing so we can't install this new ROM, am I right? Thanks!

Reactions: Gun_fan

sessions04

Oct 30, 2013
Austria
I meanwhile was also able to get Android 12 working:

You must flash the Android 11 recovery (boot.img).
Enter recovery.
Then flash the "aosp_lake-ota-retrofit-eng.jorgelucas.zip" (1.1GB), which is in fact the Android 12 Alpha Rom. You can get it in the Telegram Group.

After that, you must again reboot to recovery, the retrofit.zip brings its own recovery!
From there, you can sideload the latest "stable" A12.zip file. I was not able to access my SD Card from there btw.
Wipe data / factory reset
Reboot.

The ROM looks AWESOME!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can install 11 and 11 plus from https://download.pixelexperience.org/lake and they work without any problems..

But I can not install 12 or 12 plus, getting error 7/wrong version..

Is it not working for my version of the Moto G7 plus? (XT1965-3 (EU)) (19.1/A12 LOS worked)
    I installed stock rom first coming from android 11:
    https://motostockrom.com/motorola-moto-g7-plus-xt1965-3
    After installing I can go to recovery mode and install A12:

Thanks, I couldn't find it because I didn't know it was published so long ago. Here it is:

Install guide Pixel Experience Official A12 (adb sideload only):
    • Download PixelExperience Recovery A11: https://link.us1.storjshare.io/s/ju...lake-11.0-20211123-2051-OFFICIAL.img?download
    • Flash recovery A11: fastboot flash boot recovery_name.img
    Reboot to recovery
    • Flash retrofit zip via adb sideload : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1St2xMki4PO7TII-YsgWvs7HdZiyIuOjZ/view
    • Format data and reboot!
    • Go to recovery and flash A12 Official Rom (use recovery provided by retrofit, do not boot the .img of A12 official)
    Finish.

It works fine in general, but the flashlight gesture doesn't work, also the three fingers screenshot is missing. The ambient screen doesn't seem to work either...

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Motorola Moto G7 Plus [lake]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

I was able to get this installed; the retrofit zip and others are on the G7 Plus Telegram group.

I was NOT able to do so with the supplied recovery (A11 version) but it worked with TWRP.
    Thanks, I couldn't find it because I didn't know it was published so long ago. Here it is:

Install guide Pixel Experience Official A12 (adb sideload only):
    • Download PixelExperience Recovery A11: https://link.us1.storjshare.io/s/ju...lake-11.0-20211123-2051-OFFICIAL.img?download
    • Flash recovery A11: fastboot flash boot recovery_name.img
    Reboot to recovery
    • Flash retrofit zip via adb sideload : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1St2xMki4PO7TII-YsgWvs7HdZiyIuOjZ/view
    • Go to recovery and flash A12 Official Rom (use recovery provided by retrofit, do not boot the .img of A12 official)
    Finish.

It works fine in general, but the flashlight gesture doesn't work, also the three fingers screenshot is missing. The ambient screen doesn't seem to work either...
    I'm facing the same problem.
    Install process stops at 42%.
    here's error message.

Supported API: 3
    Finding update package...
    Installing update...
    Step 1/2
    Error applying update: 28 (ErrorCode::kDownloadOperationExecutionError)
    E:Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)
    Can PE 12 be used as "daily driver"? This question is for those who flashed this rom, are there any bugs besides ambient screen and gestures? Major bugs? I know I could flash it by myself, but currently on stock and never flashed anything on moto g7 plus, I would appreciate your answers.
    Thank you.
    I've been using it for a couple of days now and I haven't come across any major bug that would stop me from daily driving it. Battery life seems to be on par with PE 11+.

Aside from the bugs already mentioned above, there are a few things I miss coming from PE 11+:
    The option in settings to hide the gesture pill from the bottom of the screen
    Status bar network activity monitor
    Double tap to sleep feature
    Caffeine tile

There are workarounds/apps that can fill these gaps but I haven't had the time to get them setup.

Using the approach to wake and double tap to sleep on PE 11+, I almost never used the power button so I've had to get used to that again but everything else has been very smooth.

Once again, thank you to Jorge for this great ROM!
    Same problem here:
    Using the recovery for 12 even gives an error, that the device "lake,lake_n" is not correct when flashing the .zip.
    Using the recovery for 11 aborts at 42%, no matter if sideloading or direct flashing.
    Help, @Jorge Lucas