[ROM][11][lavender] Pixel Experience [OFFICIAL-BETA][AOSP]

Search This thread

Mukesh Sharma 36

May 31, 2018
Navi Mumbai
Hey i Always used twrp. How do you pass to orangefox easilly? And then, Will It automatically install the update?
Just flash as a zip file in recovery
https://files.orangefox.tech/OrangeFox-Stable/lavender/OrangeFox-R10.1_02-Stable-lavender.zip
And yes it will automatically install the update. Unless it needs clean flash.

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

Please somebody reply
I don't think it's happening with someone else, obviously not with me. If it's bugging you a lot then I suggest you to try format data.

---------- Post added at 18:58 ---------- Previous post was at 18:51 ----------

Since the update from 24.2. I can not update. Always get stuck with the Google logo.

I have tried everything I think. Does anyone know another trick ?
You need to FORMAT DATA from MANAGE PARTITIONS in the recovery. And do a clean flash.

DarthJabba9

May 5, 2014
Greater London
The problem is still there? Did you only face this problem with this ROM?
This is the device of my wife so I'm not aware of recent discussions on this topic. For the first update of PixelExperience ROM I had to format /data then update OrangeFox Recovery to R10.1_02 before installing PixelExperience update.
Today I wanted to update the ROM and OrangeFox still asks me to enter a password to decrypt /data.
The dev of OrangeFox says that the ROM dev has to implement this patch: https://android.googlesource.com/platform/system/vold/+/ca08c0a724856e9c95a679991167afd297eda915^!/
Is it done?

I don't want to format /data each time there's an update...
Guys, you need to understand that this ROM probably now has FBE encryption. With FBE, you will always be asked for your lockscreen password before you can decrypt data in the recovery. That is just the way it is, and the only way to avoid it is to not have a lockscreen password in the ROM. And if you are coming from an earlier version (or any other ROM) which has FDE encryption, then you will have to format your data partition, because FBE and FDE are incompatible.

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
Guys, you need to understand that this ROM probably now has FBE encryption. With FBE, you will always be asked for your lockscreen password before you can decrypt data in the recovery. That is just the way it is, and the only way to avoid it is to not have a lockscreen password in the ROM. And if you are coming from an earlier version (or any other ROM) which has FDE encryption, then you will have to format your data partition, because FBE and FDE are incompatible.
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll just have to search what FBE and FDE are ;)

boozlepuzzle

Jun 26, 2019
Hi everyone! I've been using this ROM for months now and it's basically perfect. However, whenever I want to update, Orangefox recovery asks me for a PIN/password to decrypt, which I've never ever set, nor if my phone lock has a PIN/password, it won't accept it either. The only solution for me is to fully wipe data and everything and then clean install the new update. As soon as I do that and boot the new update for the first time, it always automatically goes to the "encrypting phone" screen so I can never escape the encryption issue. Any ideas on how to solve this? The terminal "decrypt" command does not do anything, returns a decryption failed error. I'm tired of wiping everything for every update...
yes that's how it is sadly, the only thing you can do is check the "force disable encryption" in orangefox settings before flashing, that fixes the problem but your pattern and fingerprint won't work, so it ends up being worse.
You don't need to wipe everything to update though, I use an sd card, put the zips inside it, then flash the incremental update like a regular zip without wiping anything, then flash again magisk and microphone fix, and that's it, you updated without wiping data

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Hey I wanted to thank the developers for this rom, you're making it great, the longshot update is very useful, also the face unlock (even if I don't use it it's cool that it's there), and the skip track holding volume buttons in the plus version comes in very handy, I had been trying to do that with lots of apps and all of them had problems, but this works flawlessly, thank you so much, the best thing I did was to switch to this rom

F4JL0

May 16, 2017
yes that's how it is sadly, the only thing you can do is check the "force disable encryption" in orangefox settings before flashing, that fixes the problem but your pattern and fingerprint won't work, so it ends up being worse.
You don't need to wipe everything to update though, I use an sd card, put the zips inside it, then flash the incremental update like a regular zip without wiping anything, then flash again magisk and microphone fix, and that's it, you updated without wiping data

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Hey I wanted to thank the developers for this rom, you're making it great, the longshot update is very useful, also the face unlock (even if I don't use it it's cool that it's there), and the skip track holding volume buttons in the plus version comes in very handy, I had been trying to do that with lots of apps and all of them had problems, but this works flawlessly, thank you so much, the best thing I did was to switch to this rom

Hi where can I find that microphone fix?
Mine is working but it's quiet when I send voice messages in mesegner my friend has to always add volume so they can hear my message.
Will this help or this fix just helps when you mic doesn't work at all

F4JL0

May 16, 2017
Hey the most recent update for pixel plus says it added Longshot and screen recorder but I don't see those in settings. How do you use those?

Hi I found screen recorder in quick tiles you can add it
And longshot
When you just take screen than at bottom you will find this function

NeoZX58

Jan 3, 2015
hiii! i want to install PE+ but i want to know, what issues or bugs the rom have??? mic, gps or sensors not working, or issues with google assistant???

thanks in advance for the answer

PixelPro

Sep 25, 2019
Should You Stay on 20200224 Build or Update?

So, now that the familiar FDE (full-disk encryption) PE builds have been replaced by FBE (file-based encryption) ROMs, should you update to a new FBE ROM, or stay, for now, with the 20200224 ROM, the last FDE build?

We are probably in two categories here: those of us hobbyists who flash custom ROMs for fun (early adopters), and those of us who are looking for a stable ROM for daily use (late adopters). Those of us with more than one phone will probably be early adopters, having an extra phone as backup. However, those of us who depend on a single phone will probably be late adopters, cautiously waiting before we flash a new ROM.

If flashing custom ROMs is your hobby, then go ahead and try each new PE build and see what works, what doesn't, and what you can fix. That's the fun of it. However, those of us who need a dependable ROM for daily use have different needs. We need a stable build that works without issues, and just gets the job done.

The new FBE builds (20200313 and later) of PE ROM are exciting, but they're still a work in progress, and each new build introduces new issues, just as it introduces new features. I'm sure they're fun for the hobbyists, but I'm not sure that I'd trust them yet as my daily driver. I've tried each new build in turn, and each time I've reverted to the trusty 20200224 ROM for its stability.

So my suggestion would be as follows. If you need a stable ROM, and you're on the 20200224 build, then stay on it for now.

The 20200224 build is near-flawless. It's stable, SafetyNet compliant, and has no major issues I know of. It still only supports Widevine L3 DRM natively, but flashing a Magisk module like the DRM L1 Patch gives Widevine L1 functionality, so you can watch Netflix and Amazon Prime Video in HD.

With the minor exception of the sometimes erratic microphone, the 20200224 build is perfect. However, when you flash the microphone-fix patch, and reboot the phone periodically, the microphone, too, works as expected. Therefore, if you're a late adopter, I believe you can confidently stick with the 20200224 ROM as a daily driver until the new FBE builds settle down a bit.

Last edited:

PixelPro

Sep 25, 2019
Hi, disable Google Assistant . It works for me.

Hi Luis. Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, however, since I, and many others, depend on Google Assistant as a virtual helper, any solution which disables this feature is not feasible.

To the best of my knowledge, all current PE ROMs have this microphone issue, and I'd hoped the devs would have resolved it by now, but disabling needed Android features to make other features work is not a viable solution.

A quick fix, which sometimes works, is to uninstall updates to the Microphone app, and to prevent this app from auto updating. Although it's not a true solution, at least this fix preserves Google Assistant for those of us who need it. Thanks for trying to help.

Reactions: vkmcondor

carry003

Oct 17, 2016
Strange issue pops up again and again
Settings app force close
Current short time fix 1-2 day clear data of that app
Clean installing rom works for 6-11 days than again
Need permanent fix

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Magisk V22 works great! Just rename the magisk22.apk into magisk22.zip and flash it via recovery.
    i am stuck already for one hour on this
    **my phone does not have OS coz i accidentally deleted it...i am installing a custom room but stuck on this...tried to wipe cache etc but still like this, pls advise
    Hi bro, have you make a format data?
    Hi bro, yes ive done with format data...
    by the way i deleted a line on the updater because it was causing me an error during installation
    Hi, have you try to downloaded last firmware stock, and flashed?
    After installing PE+ on my redmi note 7, the charging from 15 - 100% took 5hrs. Is there any way to fix it.
    El lector de huellas dactilares falla y tengo que reiniciar el dispositivo para que funcione. ¿alguna solución?
    clean dalvik cache, and write on english this isn't a Spanish forum

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 7 [lavender]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10][lavender] Pixel Experience [UNOFFICIAL][AOSP], ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

Contributors
    letsmakecakes
    ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information

Created 2019-05-16
    Last Updated 2020-11-30
    Reserved

Some Notes :
    * No Notes for now
    Reserved

Please Hit Thanks if you love this project :D It really helps a lot!

Telegram Early Release Group : Click Here
    Hello,
    It seems like a lot of people has problem withe the current State of PE.
    But as usual no one comes up with proper logcat or any kind of way to support it.
    All I see is same thing i mentioned even in #2 of this thread .
    Other than that, all sorts of disrespectful comments.

Some guy post missing features as bugs .Then another guy say ROM is crap. To begin with you both type of guys should know that this is a custom ROM and it has both its upsides and downsides.
    Now to those who are comparing with previous maintainer of PE with me , to those , everything has hacks. Every lil bug there is can be fixed instantly with some kind of hacks. But that doesn't mean it has to be fixed right away without
    further researching on it. because that means ,it is only a way to fix it so that user's don't complain and what I'm looking for is a long term fix.Not some fix that will fix for now and will be dead in future. But seeing some people making fun out of a project which someone is really working hard on is really demotivating.

I'm not gonna say i can fix all bugs. But I am definitely trying to keep it clean as much as possible as this is my only device and i use this rom for my daily needs . So , i'd care for it as much as anyone here would. But that doesn't mean anyone will say anything about it without even reading the roms features and bugs list which is utterly not acceptable.

and those who are concerned why am i replaced with previous maintainer ? Why not even ask the PE developers about it rather than hearing from the previous maintainer? Hope this post makes things clear.

Regards
    New Update is released
    Changelog :
    * Patched kernel for SafetyNet Checks
    * Added Exfat support in kernel
    * Merged CAF tag LA.UM.7.2.c6-02600-sdm660.0
    * Fixed perf spamming logs totally
    * Fixed Reboot on Wifi Hotspot Turning on which essentially means no need to disable tethering acceleration anymore
    * Fixed some more issues regarding Amazon Prime and Netflix related to widevine L1
    * Updated Time from LA.UM.8.2.r1-04000-sdm660.0
    * Updated peripheral manager from LA.UM.8.2.r1-04000-sdm660.0
    * Updated media blobs from LA.UM.8.2.r1-04000-sdm660.0
    * Updated perf from LA.UM.8.2.r1-04000-sdm660.0
    * Updated ADSP from LA.UM.8.2.r1-04000-sdm660.0
    * Updated Overall vendor from old pie vendor

Notes : For this build i'll suggest to make clean flash . A lot of things have been changed .
    But dirty flash is a optional which you can do always. In any case if its causing issues , Clear data of that specific app.
    Incase some livewallpaper is lagging , it is due to hardware limitations.

For support join : https://t.me/pixelexperiencelavender`
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone