[ROM][11] LineageOS 18.0 [UNOFFICIAL]

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

NOTE
Should you ever face any issues, capture logs. I also need to know what build you're on (build number or at least a date).
Hint: "It doesn't work" is not a bug report and posts like this will be ignored.

KNOWN ISSUEs
  • SELinux is set to permissive
  • The Sony stock camera does not work at the moment.
  • Of course, there may be many other bugs I'm not aware of, so please do NOT upgrade from 17.1 unless you know what you're doing and/or want to run experimental builds.

INFO
This ROM does not use the device trees/kernel from sonyxperiadev (aka SODP). The device tree was made from scratch, and the stock kernel (based off 52.1.A.x.y) has been used.

DOWNLOAD
All unofficial builds

INSTRUCTIONS
First install
Updating to a newer build

Just flash the builds as usual. Make sure to be on the latest stock firmware.

SOURCE
LineageOS
Kernel

XDA:DevDB Information
Lineage 18.0 for the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact, ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact

Contributors
Olivier, Sjll
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 52.1.A.3.49

Version Information

Created 2020-11-27
Last Updated 2020-11-27

Reactions: IDariuz

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011
Changelog

CHANGELOG
20201128:
- fixed NFC

20201127:
- initial public release.

Last edited:

landsome

May 4, 2015
Thanks a lot. Great to know you are working on LOS18.

I tried sideloading with the latest LOS17.1 recovery (and LOS 17.1 on the phone, naturally). I get an error. Do I absolutely have to be on stock?

Last edited:

Garfield24

Feb 20, 2021
I am trying to flash a LOS image onto a single SIM Phone, but it always fails with error "unknown fuse request opcode 2016" in the recovery.log, and the system image is empty after the flash.

I am using the latest STOCK TWRP 2020-06-14_21-07-37_twrp_apollo.tar.gz.

It fails on all LOS images I have tried, 18.0 17.1 etc. So far I haven't been able to flash a LOS image at all successfully.

The flash performs normally, but fails with an error after 2-3 minutes, and afterwards the system partition is empty.

The unit is a SONY XZ2 Compact Single SIM.

After discussion with someone, this maybe due to the LOS image having an incorrect System partition size(?). Why does it flash correctly on most people's units, but not on this one?

Anyone has an idea? I am attaching the twrp.log files.

Attachments

lba810701

Jul 8, 2010
Budapest
I am trying to flash a LOS image onto a single SIM Phone, but it always fails with error "unknown fuse request opcode 2016" in the recovery.log, and the system image is empty after the flash.

I am using the latest STOCK TWRP 2020-06-14_21-07-37_twrp_apollo.tar.gz.

It fails on all LOS images I have tried, 18.0 17.1 etc. So far I haven't been able to flash a LOS image at all successfully.

The flash performs normally, but fails with an error after 2-3 minutes, and afterwards the system partition is empty.

The unit is a SONY XZ2 Compact Single SIM.

After discussion with someone, this maybe due to the LOS image having an incorrect System partition size(?). Why does it flash correctly on most people's units, but not on this one?

Anyone has an idea? I am attaching the twrp.log files.
Hi!
I'got the same situation, with a bad downloaded los.zip file. Maybe it's the problem.
But what i saw in your description, the used twrp. If i known good, for Android 11 the working twrp for coming from stock to los is here what works for me ( apollo ):

" https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=318609 " ;

And don't flash it to the recovery or boot partitiom, just temperoraly boot it with fastboot.

Garfield24

Feb 20, 2021
Hi!
I'got the same situation, with a bad downloaded los.zip file. Maybe it's the problem.
But what i saw in your description, the used twrp. If i known good, for Android 11 the working twrp for coming from stock to los is here what works for me ( apollo ):

" https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=318609 " ;

And don't flash it to the recovery or boot partitiom, just temperoraly boot it with fastboot.
Nope, not working.

I flashed a stock image with newflasher and booted to the apps. Original image boots fine.

Then I rebooted into fastboot and did: fastboot boot twrp.img like you suggested.

TWRP runs fine, I wipe the partitions, and flash LOS. No operating system installed afterwards.

I don't think it's a corrupt .zip file, since I tried about 5 different ones.

When flashing I get a message: "Unable to find partition for path /cache" in red colour.

Anyone knows what that means?

lba810701

Jul 8, 2010
Budapest
Nope, not working.

I flashed a stock image with newflasher and booted to the apps. Original image boots fine.

Then I rebooted into fastboot and did: fastboot boot twrp.img like you suggested.

TWRP runs fine, I wipe the partitions, and flash LOS. No operating system installed afterwards.

When flashing I get a message: "Unable to find partition for path /cache" in red colour.

H
Nope, not working.

Do you disabled the verified boot before rhe whole twrp process?

" fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img "

Garfield24

Feb 20, 2021
H

Do you disabled the verified boot before the whole twrp process?

" fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img "
Yes, I have tried that, too, just now again. As before, not working. I have tried so many things by now. The flash of the LOS image completes, but in step 2/2 I get "Unable to find partition for path /cache" , and it says completed. In the recovery log, there is an error "unknown fuse request opcode 2016" . The system partition is empty after the flash (7MB used).

I wonder, if there is a difference in the partitions on this specific phone. I am attaching the output of the following command:

cat /proc/partitions > /external_sd/partlog.txt

It writes an overview of partitions and their sizes to a file on the SD Card. There are 74 partitions on /sda. I wonder why anybody needs 74 partitions?

Can someone run the same command on their phone with a working and installed LOS and compare it to my file, if there is any difference to a phone that is working (partitions-sizes/-ordering?)?

I run the command from TWRP. Start up recovery TWRP and go to Advanced -> Terminal. There you can run the command.

cat /proc/partitions > /external_sd/partlog.txt

I would appreciate if someone could run that command on a phone where the LOS image works, and compare the file to my file, if there are any differences in the partitioning scheme or sizes. Sizes are important.

Any other suggestions also welcome.

Attachments