LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
ROM project Info:
This is my little gift for the xda community! This is the work of months trying & building a decent rom for gprime. If you want to help, try things and tell me what doesn't work by filling the bug-report template down there! Thank you
++ you can also try my Q release here !++
I don't plan to release often for other models as I don't own a server to build multiple variants but only my PC with limited hdd capacity to compile this rom.
If your device/variant IS NOT listed on the FIRST post, then IT IS NOT SUPPORTED.
- gprimeltexx (SM-G530FZ) (since V1beta) - fortuna3g (SM-G530H) [XXU] (since V3stable) - fortunave3g (SM-G530H) [XCU] (since V3stable) - fortunalteub (SM-G530M) (since V3stable) - gprimelte (gprimelte, gprimeltecan, gprimeltetmo, gprimeltemtr, gprimeltevl) (since V4stable) - fortuna3gdtv (since V4stable) - gprimeltetfnvzw (S920L) (since V5stable) - gprimelteusc (SM-G530R4) (since V5stable) - fortunaltedx (SM-G530F) (since V6stable)
see next post
see next posts
- Camera (+ video recording with preinstalled Google Camera Go)
- SafetyNet (basic attestation)
Not working things:
none at the moment, yay!
What to test:
nothing specific atm, yay!
1. Download the ROM .zip file (+ Gapps if you want them)
2. Boot to TWRP (or similar recoveries)
3. Flash ROM .zip file -- If you have an older release of THIS rom then you can dirty flash on top of it. Otherwise, you'll need a full wipe (Data, Cache, and System partitions) before flashing.
4. Flash Gapps if wanted
- How to remove the navigation bar keys (simple method)
- How to remove the navigation bar keys (advanced method)
- How to prevent Lineage from overwriting TWRP recovery
TWRP: https://msm8916.com (or there: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916/releases/releases?q=twrp&expanded=true)
ROM: Android File Host / Google Drive [mirror] (short links are for analytical purposes only)
Gapps (BitGapps): https://bitgapps.github.io
- Repo local_manifest file with device trees/kernel/other repos used for this release: https://github.com/Gabboxl/local_manifests
- GitHub profile
- Public Trello board for this project's roadmap & other things (warning: it's a mess).
If you want you can donate me something here: https://paypal.me/Gabboxl - thank you!
- DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or if you installed Xposed
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.
- Fill the following report template:
Build date/Release version you downloaded/installed (the name of the .zip file): Device variant you are using: Gapps version (if using): Did you-- wipe: restore with titanium backup: reboot after having the issue: Are you using-- a task killer: a non-stock kernel: other modifications: Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
@SebaUbuntu, @itexpert.120, @DarkDroidDev, @vince2678, (and me @Gabboxl!)
ROM OS Version: Android 11 (R)
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock 5.0.2 (latest released version at the time of writing)
Created: 12/3/2021 (12th of March)
Last edited: 27/9/2021 (27th of September)